That One Person, You

Words I couldn't say

Announcement to all passengers, we have safely arrived in Incheon Airport, South Korea. The time now is 08.47 a.m.. Thank you for travelling with Korea Air.

 

"Hello miss?" someone called "we have arrived."

"...oh..." Soojung blurted "I'm...sorry......we'll...get out as soon as we can..." she flustered as she nudged her sister awake.

"OUUUUCHHHH!!! JUNG SOOJUN...GG!" Sooyeon replied with astonishment as she realized the airplane is almost cleared out.

The two quickly packed all their stuffs and left hastily, ashamed. After what seems like forever, she's back. She is back to the place she was once so familiar with, the place she had many memories, the place she longed for - home.

 

"MOMMYYYY!!" the two ran forward to their parents' embrace "OH MY GOD I MISS YOU GUYS SOOOO MUCH!!"

Sooyeon snuggled a little more as Sooyeon pulled herself out.  She dug for her phone and quickly check for missed calls, unseen messages.

She stared long and hard at her phone.

"STUPIDDDD!!"

She turned around, with hopes, to only find a pair of couple teasing and fooling each other. She can't help but to recall the memories they once had...she smiled...only to find tears swirling in her eyes.

"Let's go now!"

So much time spent out there - studies and vacations. Now, she was finally back, for good.

Kyungsoo, I'm back.

~

It has been the 25th hour, since Kyungsoo last slept. The neverending piles of files he has to go through, and the number of cases he had to settle. It reminded him how much he hated this job. He took a sip of coffee and continued with what he was doing. Many times he has been trying to find ways to make himself sleep, sleep his miseries away. And now he has to resort to caffeine to keep him awake.

"Here you go"

"Ey?" Kyungsoo looked up.

It was the newbie of the company, Kai. He was smart, confident, handsome. The kind of guy that did not have to try hard to steal any girl's hearts away. Kai passed a cup of hot tea to Kyungsoo.

"Too much coffee ain't good for you. Go have some rest, will you?"

Kyungsoo smiled. Although Kai was new to the company. He quickly earned the likes of many colleagues. It was pretty obvious that he has good social skills and well-loved. Kyungsoo grew closed with Kai very quickly, though it was pretty much Kai's inclination towards the introvert Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo liked this friend. But at times, he felt that he was not up to Kai's level. His inferiority kicked in.

"Hangout after work ya?" Kai sent Kyungsoo a wink.

Kyungsoo patted him and nodded his head.

*brrrr brrrr*

Kyungsoo's phone nudged.

~

Hi Kyungsoo I'm back ^^

Soojung punched the words into her cellphone and quickly sent. She might have appeared strong and confident on the outside, but deep inside her, she was praying. She was scared that Kyungsoo would not ignore her text, the same way he did when she left voicemails. She prayed.

Soojung was back at home. She quickly unpack her luggage. Clothes. Accessories. Books. Computer. At a corner of her luggage, lies a small box. She reached out her hands to pick it up. She lightly brushed over the cover of the box and stared at it for a while.

"SOOJUNG!!"

Sooyeon's voice almost too sudden, alarmed her. She dropped the box.

"I'mm....going out to grab some food...you need anythingggg......??" Sooyeon asked nicely realizing that she had shocked Soojung, as she looked at Soojung picking up the things that have fell over.

"Nah I'm fine"

Sooyeon went out of the room while Soojung continued picking up weird combinations of items that has fallen from the box. A folded straw heart. A pebble with wordings on it. A coin. A seashell. Many random items that seemed to have a different story to tell. Soojung looked around the floor and finally found a photograph lying at a corner. She picked up the photograph - the class photo at the beach party. It looked different now. A little tattered at the edges and one part of the photo probably stained by tears many times.

She remember the day. They sat around the campfire, the songs they sang together. Even till today, she remember every tiny details like the brand of the drink they drank or who lost in the games. She smiled but almost crying inside.

She kept her feelings back into her heart just like how she carefully unpacked her luggage and put her belongings back to place. Just in time for Sulli to drop by.

 

"Omg how long has it been!!!" the two girls hugged together.

"You know I was just thinking about you and our school days...and you came!"

The two girls giggled.

"I miss those times too...haha. But I bet you can't recognise most of them now! Everyone's so different already. And I need to update you about many things man!"

The girls went on talking for a few hours, just like the old days where they will gossip about kids from the opposite class and guys they eyecandy in school.

Soon, it was close to dinner time and they decided to settle dinner at a Japanese restaurant. Japanese cuisine - one common tastebuds both Soojung and Kyungsoo share and enjoy.

~

Kyungsoo could not focus. A text at such timing. He's tired. He's happy. He's afraid. He's confused. 

For a few hours he stared at his phone, typing, untyping.

Hey! I miss you so much...

Oh hi we should catch up

Great to hear that.

Hi...how are you?

"WOOHOO WORK ENDED RIGHT ON THE DOT. KYUNGSOO LET'S GO!!"

Kai startled Kyungsoo and the reply was sent.

 

Kyungsoo dazed and took a while to digest what had just happened. Kai just pulled Kyungsoo off his chair, grabbed his belongings and went out of the office.

They arrived at the restaurant opposite their office.

"Isn't that girl kinda cute?" Kai nudged Kyungsoo and pointed over.

Kyungsoo turned and looked. He stared for a long time.

~

Soojung read the text, scrutinizing every word. She was happy, even with that one reply.

"Isn't that Kyungsoo?" Sulli pointed.

"Hur?" Soojung looked up and stared for a long time.

~

They stared at each other for a long time. As if noone else was around. Kyungsoo and Soojung just stood there and stared in disbelief. In their hearts, was it disbelief? Was it happiness? Was it relief? Was it hallucination? Was it reminiscence?

It's almost as if the person appearing right in front of their eyes was the person they longed for, the person they missed the most, and the person they knew deeply. For some time, memories flashed across both of their minds, the memories they shared.

And in their heart, they are screaming to each other...

Do you remember me?

Do you miss me?

Did you miss me the way I missed you?

The two Astros, finally met.

 

Sarangiran ireon geongayo
Halsurok deo apeun geongayo
Dagagamyeon galsurok
Keojineun maeume
Nan geobi nayo

Naegen neomu sojunghan saram
Dasin eobseul geu saram
Geugeollo dwaesseoyo
Chungbunhaeyo
Saranghandaneun sasillo

Bogo isseodo nal mot boneun han saram
Bulleoboado mot deutneun han saram
Nal gieogina hanayo
Nal saenggagina hanayo
Dan hanbeonman jebal

Hal su inneun geon nunmulbakken eobtjiman
Babocheoreom gidaril ppunijyo
Naegero geuman wajwoyo
Idaero naege wajwoyo
Nae majimak sowon
Nan geudaeraneun han saram

Geudaeegen nan jageun saram
Geujeo aneun han saram
Geugeollo dwaesseoyo
Chungbunhaeyo
Sarangiraneun iyuro

Bogo isseodo nal mot boneun han saram
Bulleoboado mot deutneun han saram
Nal gieogina hanayo
Nal saenggagina hanayo
Dan hanbeonman jebal

Nan geudaeraneun han saram
Geudaemani nae sarang
Nae mameun geudael bonael su eobtjyo
Geudael saranghaneun geumankeum
1bun 1choga neomuna apayo

Nuneul gamado natananeun han saram
Kkumsogeseodo nae gyeoten geu saram
Nal gieogina hanayo
Nal saenggagina hanayo
Bogo sipeo jebal

Hal su inneun geon nunmulbakken eobtjiman
Babocheoreom gidaril ppunijyo
Naegero geuman wajwoyo
Idaero naege wajwoyo
Nae majimak sowon

Nan geudaeraneun han saram

 

Trans:

Is this what love is?
Does it hurt the more you do it?
The more I get closer to you
My feelings grow bigger
It scares me

Such a precious person to me
That person, who won’t ever come again
That’s it for me, that’s enough
Just the fact that I love you

The one person who can’t see me though I am looking
The one person who can’t hear me though I am calling
Do you even remember me?
Do you even think of me?
Just once, please

The only thing I can do is cry but
Like a fool, I am waiting
Please come to me now
Come to me just like this
My last wish is that one person, you

To you, I’m a small person
Just someone you know
That’s it for me, that’s enough
Just the reason of love

The one person who can’t see me though I am looking
The one person who can’t hear me though I am calling
Do you even remember me?
Do you even think of me?
Just once, please

That one person, you
You are my only love
My heart can’t let you go
Just as much as I love you
Each minute and each second hurts so much

The one person who appears even when I close my eyes
The person who is next to me even in my dreams
Do you even remember me?
Do you even think of me?
I miss you, please

The only thing I can do is cry but
Like a fool, I am waiting
Please come to me now
Come to me just like this

My last wish is that one person, you

That One Person, You by Girls Generation's Jessica