Goodbye Summer

Words I couldn't say

 

“Soojung-ah, what’s with that face?” Kyungsoo laughed.

He loves teasing her although he knew Soojung would be mad. Soojung loves it when Kyungsoo teases her though she appears angry outside.

“DO KYUNG SOO! What’s wrong with my face hurhur? Maybe you should start looking into the mirror yourself first!”

They were both in the classroom, with tables and chairs, and just the two of them. It was like any other school day, when small fights happen here and there. Soojung was punished for being late in class. She pouted as she cleaned the classroom, messily, hastily. She knew Kyungsoo would help her. She was just waiting. And he did. He smiled as he silently took a cloth and wiped the windows with Soojung, right beside her. Kyungsoo loved being beside her, just like how Soojung loved being beside him.

~

Hey stupid!

A piece of rolling paper was passed to Kyungsoo. He knew it was from Soojung. How Soojung loved calling him stupid, as if she was the smartest person on Earth. He turned over at Soojung who was right behind him. He gave her a glare with that super-duper-ultra-big-eyes that could pierce through hearts. Soojung was not scared.

“Stupid~” she said as she stuck out her tongue.

“Take back your words” Kyungsoo warned, though he was half-kidding.

“Stupid” Soojung laughed as she blabbered on, enjoying the time of her life. “Stupid stupid pabo Kyungsoo stupid”

“How many times do I have to tell you not to call me that?!”

“AND HOW MANY TIMES MUST I CATCH YOU TWO TALKING IN MY CLASS DO KYUNGSOO JUNG SOOJUNG!!”

Kyungsoo and Soojung stood outside class, with their arms holding on to a chair, flailing in the air.

“Aren’t you tired?”

“Yes stupid” Soojung teased. “Now I need to remain in this stupid pose with you till the end of the class. Are you feeling guilty?”

“You started it, didn’t you?”

“But I was not the one shouting in class…”

“Tskk…you need me to help you with the chair?”

“What took you so long to ask hehe?”

Even when they were being punished, they stood by the hallway, laughing and playing around, as if punishment was just an excuse to keep them together. It was not long before the class ended. Time flies because they were right next to each other.

~

Astro twins:
Two people born on the same day but not necessarily related to each other.

“Astro twins?”

“Yup Astro twins! Imagine I have someone like that…” Sulli daydreamed.

Soojung and Sulli were discussing about the project they were having, and somehow, they ended up talking about other things like – Astro twins.

Krystal: Aren’t we like Astro twins?

Krystal punched the words into her phone as she waited for Kyungsoo to reply.

Kyungsoo: Astro twins…? O.O
Krystal: Uh Astro twins. Just like how you were me and I were you!

Kyungsoo smiled. How could he be her and she be him? But he liked it. He liked the fact that Soojung associates them with Astro twins.

Kyungsoo: Oh. Then I would just want to be me ^^

Kyungsoo smiled as he pressed send. Sehun glanced over at the silly Kyungsoo who was smiling away on his phone. Sehun peeked at the message.

“Astros? Seriously?” Sehun snarled.

“Ya! Oh Sehun!”

“You guys aren’t dating or something, right?”

“Oh yea we aren’t. We are just…friends…”

Friends was a label he got to hate…

~

Summer came and the class held a class party by the beach for the Summer vacation. Everyone was having a wonderful time. Some swam, some played ball games while others lazed around. At night, they had barbeque and campfire. Everyone was exhaustedly happy. That night, everyone sat around the campfire and sang. Kyungsoo sat opposite her for a better view. He loves how she sang, her sweet voice that penetrates deep into his heart. Soojung glanced at Kyungsoo once in a while. Soojung knew Kyungsoo had the most amazing voice in the world but he would not let anyone hear and she tried to peek, and maybe, just maybe she would see him sing.

“Let’s take a group shot! Everyone gather!”

Soojung went up to Kyungsoo. She wrapped her arms around Kyungsoo’s neck and weighed him down. Kyungsoo struggled to breathe for a second then took a closer peek at her.

“3…2…1…smile!”

Kyungsoo love seeing Soojung smiles, how her eyes cringe into an arc, how the edge of her lips stretch to reach her eyes and how her teeth glimmers in the dark. Whenever she smiles, he smiles.

-CLICK-

Soojung took a peek at Kyungsoo right after the first shutter.

Soojung loves how Kyungsoo smiles. Kyungsoo’s awkward heart-shaped lip smile and his creepy eyes – those were the imperfections that made him perfect.

She looked right back into the camera just in time for the second shutter.

-CLICK-

~

The day before graduation; the school organized a graduation festival. All the seniors were roaming around, bumping into each other, either saying hello or goodbye. Goodbye was not something Kyungsoo was ready to say. He knew Soojung wanted to leave for U.S. to further her studies and he knew he was not ready to say goodbye. He avoided Soojung as much as possible, only to find her standing right in front of him.

“Hey stupid”

“You seriously have to stop calling me that!” laughed Kyungsoo.

Soojung giggled as she stared at Kyungsoo, making sure she remembers every imperfection on his face.

“Hey Astros, say cheese!”

Who knew when the shutter was clicked, leaving the Astros dazed and shocked.

“YA OH SEHUN, come back here you idiot!” as Kyungsoo chased Sehun who was sadly the photographer of the day.

Soojung stood there, watching, as Kyungsoo left her stranded there. She smiled. She liked seeing Kyungsoo enjoy himself. She watched as his body diminishes into the crowd, and tears rolled down across her cheeks.

“Soojung-ah, it’s your turn soon!” Suho shouted across, from the AV corner.

She wiped away the tear streak before turning around and walked over. She took the mic that was given to her and heaved.

“Fighting!” Suho cheered.

Soojung smiled. She gathered all her courage and stood on the stage. Some music started playing through the speakers as she took a deep breath.

“Jung Soojung, you can do it,” she comforted herself from the tension she had.

Saranghaeyo jeegeum gyuhtae uhptgeemahn
Geudehgah eessuh eesehsangee nahnhaengbokhanguhlyo
Geudae eehtgeemahyoh sehsanguhdee ehsuhdoh
Neh sarangeul gheyuhkhaejwuhyoh

Saranghaeyo geudael saranghaeyo
Geudae ddehmooneh eereukae ddehmooneh eereukae noonmooleenah
dahsheen geudaelbohlsoo uhptsuhdoh geuhrehdoh nahneun gwenchanhayo
Geudael saranghaneekkah

Oorhee maeheelguhtdun eeksookhan eeguhreedoh
Nahneun ohneuldoh nahtsuhlgehmahn ddoh neukkyuhgeenehyo
Geudae uhptneun donghan mahneungeh byunhessuhyo
neh sarangmahn mumcwuhsuheetjoh

Saranghaeyo geudael saranghaeyo
Geudae ddehmooneh eereukae ddehmooneh eereukae noonmooleenah
dahsheen geudaelbohlsoo uhptsuhdoh geuhrehdoh nahneun gwenchanhayo
Geudael saranghaneekkah

Meeyanhaeyo nehgah meeyanhaeyo
nah ddehmoonhae heemdeuluhtjyoh nah ddehmoonhae ahpahtgehtjyoh bahboh chuhruhm
eejaeyah ahlgguhtgahtaeyo gahseumee wohnhaneun hansahrahm
bahroh geuhdae eeneekkah

Saranghaeyo yungwuhnhee

Trans:

I love you, although you are not beside me at the moment,
Because you’re here, my world is filled with happiness,
Don’t ever forget, wherever you are,
Please remember my love,

I love you, I love you,
Because of you I’m like this, Because of you I cry these tears,
Although I may never see you again, I’ll be alright,
Because I love you,

The familiar road we used to walk on every day,
Feels strange to me once again, even today,
Although so many things have changed while you were gone,
Only my love remains the same,

I love you, I love you,
Because of you I’m like this, Because of you I cry these tears,
Although I may never see you again, I’ll be alright,
Because I love you,

I’m sorry, I’m sorry,
Because of me, you must’ve been tired; because of me, you must’ve hurt like a fool,
I think I know now, the person my heart wants,
It’s you,

I love you forever.

Because of Me by f(x)’s Krystal

These are the words I wanted to say to you. Kyungsoo, did you listen them well?

~

Graduation day; the 3 years spent was only down to the day.

It was the day for goodbyes. A day many would remember, a day many people would be forgotten. A day people and events will only remain as memories.

Soojung cried, crazily. She went around hugging everyone and crying out loud. It hurts his heart to see her cry like that. He wanted to cry too, but it was a man’s dignity that made him hold back his tears. He would not want to let Soojung see him cry. He stood from afar, and watched her, capturing every last moments of her.

Soojung weaved past many and looked around with her teary eyes, searching for him. She saw Kyungsoo who was watching her. Their eyes met and her tears trickled down her cheeks once again. It was Summer, temperature was hitting 30 degrees Celcius, yet it was raining that day. Soojung stood there, waiting for him to come over. Kyungsoo stood there, motionless. He had wanted to go over and hug her into his warm embrace, but he knew he would not be able to let go. How could he let go of Soojung when she is right in his arms. It was too hurting for him. He was not ready to say goodbye.

Tic toc shikye baneu-ri neomu ppalli
Do-ra neowah nameun shi-ganeun manh-ji anha chajeungman na
Nunbinman bwahdo nan neoreurara museun ma-reul haryeo haneunji

Trans:

Tic Toc the clock handle ticks too fast
There’s not much time left with you and I’m getting frustrated
I know you just by looking at your eyes, I know what you’re going to say

Please don’t say by F.I.X was playing through the speaker…

You no way baby please don’t go
Neoman boineun nae gaseumman apa
Nun-mu-ri chaolla keu ibeul yeol-jima annyeon-giran ma-reun nae-ge hajima
Baby you look good when you on menae-mam ttokkata she so lovely
Jeoldae nal tteona-gal saenggag hajima
You the one annyeon-giran ma-reun hajima

Beol-sseo neon nareul tteona ni ma-eummajeo tteona ni mommajeodo tteonaneunde
Nan molla neol jabeul bangbeobeul jom nuga nae-ge marhaejwoyo

Trans:

You no way baby please don’t go
My heart that only looks at you is hurting
Tears well up – don’t open that mouth, don’t say goodbye
Baby you look good when you on me – I feel the same – she so lovely
Don’t ever think about leaving me
You the one – don’t say goodbye

You’re already leaving me, even your heart is leaving and your body is leaving too
But I don’t know how to hold onto you, will someone teach me?

Kyungsoo smiled at her and stood there for a long time. His mind, his heart – chaos. Soojung waited on. He finally took a step forward before turning back and walked away…

Soojung stood there, heartbroken. There was so much she wanted to say to Kyungsoo and there was so much she needed to know.

“Jung-ah! Let’s go look at the photos together!” Sulli pushed her from behind. They came to the photo corner. It was named Reminiscence.

“Oh my gosh you have to look at this. We looked so funny hahahaha” Sulli laughed as she pointed to photos after photos.

Soojung smiled vaguely. Her body was there but her heart and her mind was elsewhere, maybe looking for Kyungsoo. She turned her head and stopped in front of a photo – the class photo at the beach party. They stood close together, arms around. She stared at it – the photo that could not define their relationship.

Kyungsoo walked and walked. He stopped in front of the wall of photos, muchly contributed by Sehun from yesterday. He glanced over and stopped at a photo. Kyungsoo reached for it and tore it from the wall. A pair of dimwits, with dropping chins. It was them. He stared at it – the photo that could not define their relationship.

“Kyungsoo-ah!” Suho motioned him to join the guys.

They stood at a corner, talking and goofing around. Kyungsoo played along though he was hurting inside.

From afar, a tall and slender pretty young lady appeared.

“Jung!”

“Ey unnie?”

“You have to go now.”

“Uh?”

It was Sooyeon, Soojung’s older sister. She needed to go but Kyungsoo was nowhere to be seen.

“Jung?”

“Let’s go…” Soojung sighed.

“Sulli, take care!” she said as she left with her sister.

Sulli reached for the photo wall and plucked a photo out. She ran towards Soojung and stuffed the photo in her hands.

“Here you go,” Sulli comforted “We’ll miss you…”

Soojung went up and gave Sulli a hug before leaving with her sister, never turning back.

“Oppa!” Sulli giggled as she joined the boys.

Kyungsoo looked around. Soojung was nowhere in sight.

“Where’s Soojung?” Suho asked.

“She left” Sulli said, sadly.

“Uh?” the boys dazed.

“She left with her sis.”

“Ow man was her sis hot?” Sehun laughed cheekily.

“You erts!”

“She…left…?” Kyungsoo questioned almost the same time Sulli replied.

“Yeah… She’s leaving for U.S. today, I think…”

Kyungsoo ran out before he could finish listening to what Sulli had to say. He ran and ran and he stopped. It was too late. And even if he found Soojung, what could he say to her? What could he do to hold on to her?

Just like that, the Astro twins got separated. And just like that, they missed their chances of saying the goodbyes they did not say.

 

Gieokhae bokdoeseo tteodeulda gachi honnadeon uri dul
Beolseomyeonseodo wae geurido jeulgeowonneunji arasseo
Geunal ihuro (yeah yeah) urin neul (yeah yeah)
Ssangdungi byeoljaricheoreom neon na naneun neoyeosseo

Joreophagi jeonnal manhi uldeon neo namjarago kkuk chamdeon neo
Hago sipeotdeon mal motago tteugeowotdeon geu yeoreumcheoreom annyeong

Chinguraneun ireum eoneusae miwojin ireum
Gamchudeon gamjeongeun jigeumdo apeun bimirui gieogil ppun
Uri sain jeongnihal su eomneun sajin bomyeon gaseum arin story,
I’m sorry yeoreuma ijen goodbye yay-yeah

What do i say we didnt have to play no games
I should’ve took that chance i should’ve asked for u to stay
And it gets me down the unsaid words that still remain
Sijakhajido anko kkeutnabeorin iyagi

Chukje majimak nal neoui noraedo areunhan yeoreum badado
Hamkkeraseo sojunghaetdeon mam neujeoganeun bam haneulcheoreom annyeong

Chinguraneun ireum eoneusae miwojin ireum
Gamchudeon gamjeongeun jigeumdo apeun bimirui gieogil ppun
Uri sain jeongnihal su eomneun sajin bomyeon gaseum arin story,
I’m sorry yeoreuma ijen goodbye yay-yeah

Baby oh no oh oh honjatmariraseo mianhae
Oh sasireun neol saranghae yeah
Sumgigo itdeon oraen bimildeul
Charari deulkyeotdamyeon neoreul pume anajultende

Chinguraneun ireum eoneusae miwojin ireum
Gamchudeon gamjeongeun jigeumdo apeun bimirui gieogil ppun
Uri sain jeongnihal su eomneun sajin bomyeon gaseum arin story,
I’m sorry yeoreuma ijen goodbye yay-yeah

Chinguraneun ireum eoneusae miwojin ireum bomyeon gaseum arin story,
I’m sorry yeoreuma ijen goodbye yay-yeah

Trans:

I remember when we were yelled at for talking in the halls
I don’t know why it was so fun even when we were being punished
After that day (yeah yeah) we always (yeah yeah)
Stuck together like the Astro twins, you were me and I was you

You cried so much on the day before graduation
You held it in firmly since you’re a guy
Just like that hot summer when we couldn’t say what we wanted, goodbye

The friend label is a label that I got to hate
The feelings I’ve hidden still remain as a painful secret memory
The photos that can’t define our relationship is a heartbreaking story
I’m sorry, summer, now goodbye, yeah

What do I say, we didn’t have to play no games
I should’ve took that chance, I should’ve asked for you to stay
And it gets me down the unsaid words that still remain
The story ended without even starting

Your song on the last day of the school festival, the flickering summer sea
Our feelings that were precious because we were together
Like the deepening night sky, goodbye

The friend label is a label that I got to hate
The feelings I’ve hid still remain as a painful secret memory
The photos that can’t define our relationship is a heartbreaking story
I’m sorry, summer, now goodbye, yeah

Baby oh no oh oh
I’m sorry that this is a monologue
Oh, actually, I love you, yeah
If only our long-time hidden secrets were revealed
I would hold you in my arms

The friend label is a label that I got to hate
The feelings I’ve hid still remain as a painful secret memory
The photos that can’t define our relationship is a heartbreaking story
I’m sorry, summer, now goodbye, yeah

The friend label is a label that I got to hate
A heartbreaking story, I’m sorry, summer, now goodbye, yeah

Goodbye Summer by f(x)’s Krystal, Luna, Amber ft. EXO’s D.O.