The End

Friends forever?

   These days Sunhwa and Kikwang just kept getting closer and closer. We three were always together, but sometimes it just got too painful for me to stay with them. I would go away, sometimes with tears, and tried to convince myself to be happy for them. If Kikwang was happy then it's alright to me. At least I thought so. Truthfully my life and my heart were empty. Everything was meaningless to me. School, homework, friends... Just a daily routine I forced myself to go through. I wore my smile as usual, helped others if they needed. No one would see behind my mask, as my mask was unbreakable.

  'Kikwang, let's go shopping now!' School just ended and we were just about to leave. Kikwang still accompanied me home as we were neighbours and Sunhwa lived in a totally different area. But today Sunhwa must have plans for Kikwang. I couldn't stop them right? Maybe Sunhwa wanted to confess?

  As far as I knew, Sunhwa hadn't confessed to Kikwang. (Yet) But it's just a matter of time. My heart seemed to be tearing itself apart. It's so painful. Maybe I should escape the scene quickly before my heart broke open totally.

  I put a smile on my face, 'Sure, you guys should go! I can just go home on my own.' I winked at Sunhwa, waved at Kikwang then turn away, my smile dissolving immediately. Glad that Sunhwa didn't see it or she would suspect something.

  I walked slowly, thinking about Kikwang and Sunhwa. Maybe Sunhwa would bring out a gift for Kikwang, and said something romantic to him, then slipped her arm around his arm? Kikwang must smile shyly at that. That boy, although he was arrogant, was always sweet and a bit shy around girls, especially beautiful ones. Sunhwa totally fitted in that category. Or maybe the other way round? Kikwang slipping his hand slowly into Sunhwa's, gripping it tightly....

  Suddenly I couldn't walk anymore, seems like the world had frozen. I sat down on a bench, and tried hard not to think about Kikwang.

  'Hyosung? Hyosung ah!' I must be dreaming, Kikwang shouldn't be here, he should be in the mall with Sunhwa. I shut my eyes tightly, trying to erase his voice in my brain.

  'Hyosung!' It's getting nearer. I put my hands on my ears, blocking out every sound. Slience, right now, was such a relief to me.

  'Hyosung!' The muffled voice suddenly became clear. Someone grabbed my arms and put them down. 'Hyosung, look at me.'

  I dared not look up, but as expected that someone pulled my face up. My eyes opened on its own. The red hair, messy from what seems like running, because there's sweat all over his face. His large bright eyes, which I loved so much. The corners of his mouth were pulled down, definitely far from my favourite smile of his. I willed them to go up, but they refused to do so.

  'Why are you crying, Hyosung ah? Why did you run away?' Me...crying? Just because I couldn't see his smile? I touched my cheek, and certainly there were tears on it. I tried to brush them away, but a firm hand pused it away while trying to wipe the tears off, sitting on the bench and putting another hand around my shoulder, patting gently, comfortably. I was searching my brain for the reason for crying. His face...his face was all I remembered.

  'Is it because of Sunhwa?' His gentle voice rang out, a sweet melody to my ears. Sunhwa...Suddenly I remembered everything, why was I crying, why did I go away. I remembered that I shouldn't be here, by his side. How could I? I tried telling myself to go away, but another part of my heart told me to stay. Friends forever, remember? Finally I surrendered, my tears rushing out like a storm. Leaning my head on his shoulder, I hugged him back tightly. I didn't want to lose him. He patted my head instead of my shoulder now, hugging me with one hand. 'It's okay, Hyosung...' Kikwang murmured constantly.

  Eventually my tears stopped, and I began to push away as I recovered my common sense. But Kikwang turned me around, facing him, and holding on my hands he asked, 'What's wrong? Please tell me, I don't want to see you cry. You are always a cheerful girl, an issue making you cry must be a serious one.'

  'Why aren't you with Sunhwa?' I avoided his question.

  'I don't want to go with her, please answer my question now.'

  'Why?'

  'I knew she likes me, so I told her directly that I don't like her. She seems shocked at my discovery and walked away. I'm sure she will be fine, she's a strong girl and she wouldn't want me to comfort her at this moment. Also, I don't want to miss a day without escorting you home: We've never done that before.'

  I signed, 'Kikwang which type of girls are you interested in? You never seem interested in any!' Although I was happy that Kikwang came back to accompany me, I was sad. For Sunhwa and for me. For such a beautiful girl like Sunhwa, Kikwang wasn't interested. I would be hopeless then.

  'Well, I have a girl in my mind for a while....'

  Interesting! Is that why he hadn't been accepting other girls? She must be hugely attractive. Oh Kikwang, what am I to do? 'How's she like?'

  'She is the sweetest girl on earth, always helping people. She has the best smile, just like the sun bringing light and warmth to my world. She's pretty but she refuse to accept it, which is always frustrating to me. She will not be a fangirl over me, which drives me crazy as I don't know what she feels about me. Forget that now, why are you crying?'

  'First Sunhwa, now a mysterious girl? My heart is breaking Kikwang!' I couldn't hold it in anymore. 'I'm afraid of losing you! You are my best friend, the one who understands me most. You are always here for now, but when you get a girlfriend you will forget me...' I blushed and whispered, 'Kikwang, I like you more than a friend... I want you by my side forever...Maybe I'm jealous?' I lowered my gaze, too red to meet Kikwang's eyes.

  'Really?' Why did I hear a cheerful tone in Kikwang's voice? He must be happy when I admitted I found him attractive. I pushed his hands away, wanting to run before my tears fell again in front of Kikwang. 'Hyosung, don't go and listen!' He pulled me into a deep hug. I forgot everything about running away, every bit of sadness. His hug was so warm, so comfortable. I felt I could stay like this forever, enjoying the guilty pleasure. My heartbeat became crazy, and my face must be as red as a strawberry now.

  'It's you, my dear Hyosung!' My dear...He said my dear? He addressed me as my dear? Maybe I had hearing disorder...or maybe it's another Hyosung? 'You who was always by my side, sacrifacing even your sleeping time for me, letting me depend on you while I was always seeking your help! You who don't focus on my looks only and search deep for the true me. I could be comfortable before you, knowing that you will accept me no matter what. You, beautiful babo!' I couldn't believe it, this was too good to be true...

  'You are not joking right?' I looked up to see Kikwang smiling at me. 'I thought it was just me! I lived everyday knowing you will be just behind me, supporting me in every occasions, therefore I try to do the same too. Your smile shines on me everyday, an energy for me continue on this hard life. I must be dreaming...' I tried pinching myself on the cheek, but Kikwang stopped me by pulling at my hand.

  'If it's a dream, wouldn't it be better if you dream on? Let's go home! And go on a date tomorrow, you must be free! Or reschedule your other activities!' Kikwang held my hand tightly. I held back just as tightly, I couldn't let go. But yes he's right we needed to go home now.

  'Of course!' We walked, hand in hand, towards our home.

  The promise 'Friends forever' was broken, but for the best reason in the world. The future was unsure. But we could face it together, not alone. I was willing to face every difficulties as long as Kikwang was beside me. The sun was setting down for today, but tomorrow the sun would rise again respentating a new start, a fresh page of my life with Kikwang. I love you Kikwang, I do.

  End! I kind of like this chapter! XD It's a perfect ending!=] I love you guys, every subscribers and viewers who were with me always! You guys tolerated with my slow pace of writing this story, tolerated with my lack of replies to you guys. And I, of course, love Kikwang and Hyosung together! Hope this ending pleases you guys! Bye for now!