Childhood Friend

Friends forever?

  'Hello, I'm Sunhwa! Nice to meet you all!' The bright and sunny voice seemed to light up the classroom.

  I wasn't paying attention, nor was I looking up. My mind still hadn't recover from the one-hour bombing of the annoying girls. But her voice made me look up. It reminded me of someone I knew from my childhood. Her warm eyes, her angelic smile which was always on her face, her cute tone of talking, they're all the same as in my memory. She had grown out from her childish figure with baby fat and became a lady with a thin and elegant figure. She had also got her long hair cut and dyed to her short and brown hair now. And she said her name is...Sunhwa? It must be!

  Right then she caught my eye. At first she seemed confused as I was showing obvious interest from my gaze. I tried smiling, she must remember my smile. Her eyes widened, her hand going to and she just couldn't shut . She recognised me, I knew.

  'Now Sunhwa? Would you go to sit next to Kikwang? The boy with red hair? I must say, why dye your hair red? Inappropiate for a learing student...' Our teacher began his daily ranting. Although the rules didn't forbid red hair! I laughed silently.

  I returned my attention to Sunhwa. She was greeting Kikwang warmly, smiling as usual. Kikwang returned with the same warmness. I felt a pang in my heart. Sunhwa was the type that fell for boys easily, especially handsome ones. Kikwang fitted exactly in this category. The public and me all thought so. Yeah, although he's my best friend and I always said he's not handsome, I would stare at him and talked to myself, 'Kikwang is really handsome...' (Well I couldn't tell him that, his ego was already too big!) Especially when he's concentrating. Like when he was working, or when he was desperately thinking of the right answer to some teacher's question, the former expression was cool while the latter was cute. Although he was frowning and all, I still found him breath-taking and captivating...

  'Hyosung? Would you mind paying attention?' Wow, that's really embrassing, being called by the teacher in front of the whole class. I blushed, nodded then fixed my eyes on the blackboard, determined not to look at anyone.

  Laughters erupted from everywhere, until the teacher brought the whole class to silence again and continued the lesson. I couldn't help but looked at the direction of Kikwang. He and Sunhwa was laughing silently. I felt another pang in my heart. Maybe I'm hurt because I assumed they were laughing at me, but maybe that's not true. From deep inside, I knew I was being jealous. Jealous of Kikwang stealing my childhood friend? Or the other way around?

  'Hyosung? You always pay attention to the lesson. What's wrong?' Jieun asked caringly.

  I smiled. Jieun was always a good friend. 'It's nothing, thank you for asking.'


  'Hyosung! Wow I'm glad to see you once again! Remember how we cried when you were moving?'

  Yes, we were best friends when we were about nine. Then my family got a chance to work in another district, which means we had to move for the convenience. I cried almost to dead in the first five days of moving. Then I grew up well, went to this high school and met Kikwang. And the thought of Kikwang kind of lower my excitement at seeing Sunhwa: She and Kikwang, which was right by her side, seemed so close already.

  'I miss you so much! I'm so glad to see you again, my dear friend.' which was true. After all, we were so close before parting. I kept on hoping that I'd see her again one day. 'Why did you come here?'

  'My parents got transferred to a company in this area.'

  'That means you were going to stay here for a long time? I'm so happy!!' Determined to put aside Kikwang for a moment because of my dear friend, I jumped and hugged Sunhwa lovingly. 'Sunhwa~~'

  Sunhwa laughed, rubbed my hair and said, 'You are still the same as before.'

  Kikwang added, 'Yes, just like a child!'

  I broke from Sunhwa's hug, glared at Kikwang and stuck out my tongue at him. He smirked, shrugged in his most arrogant way. He sure knew how to irriate me.

  'You guys are close?' Sunhwa asked.

  'Yes, we were best friends.' Kikwang put his hand across my shoulder, pulling me near. 'Aren't we?' He smiled down at me.

  Oh, his angelic smile~ I pushed his hand off my shoulder. 'Let's see about it, you babo! You called me a child!'

  'Haha, just kidding Hyosung! Truly, you are really like a three-year-old child!' Seeing the expression on my face, he quickly added, 'It's cute! No problem about being like a child!'

  Turning away from Kikwang and ignoring his pleads for me to forgive him, I pulled at Sunhwa hands and asked, 'Sunhwa, did you have anything to do after school? Let's go to my home and talk!'

  Sunhwa laughed, her usual clear and cheerful one, 'Of course, Hyosung! I feel that we can talk forever, there're too much to talk about!'

  I chuckled and, swinging her arms, we jumped around the classroom. (Or at least I pulled her and she kindly jumped with me XD) How could I be angry at my dear friend because of Kikwang? Though I knew it would happen again... Let's see how things go. If Sunhwa really liked Kikwang, what could I do? I couldn't lose Kikwang like this, but Sunhwa... Sunhwa was always a good friend... What to do?

  Yeah finished a new chapter! What do you guys think? Is it boring? >< But really no one here was expecting Sunhwa right? XD And should I update a longer chapter later? If you have any views feel free to comment below! I love you guys, really a motivation to keep me updating! XD And it will get a bit longer than I've expected because I am trying to make it more complicated~ But I guess everything will be finished before September, because after the term starts at September, I will be very busy. This is an important year for me, so I won't be writing in a year! @@

  And by the way Infinite's 1st album Over The Top is so good! Some of the songs (like Amazing and Time! Woohyun is totally my favourite!) inspired me! I'm an inspirit! XD Sorry for the totally irrelevant fangirl moment =P