chapter four

Fated to Love You (Previously 'Room 519')

ℭhapter Four

Sehun raised an eyebrow as he watched Chloe and Kai with Kyungsoo from across the room.

“Oh.My.God. is he interacting with the female species?” Sehun asked.

Kyungsoo held his phone up and whispered as if he was filming a documentary. “And here we have, little Kai talking to a girl for the first time, his gemstone glows in his jean pocket while Chloe is completely oblivious.”

Sehun turned to him. “H-Hyung, this is weird, I’m not used to this.”

Kyungsoo scoffed. “Right? Kai with a girl? When did that ever become a thing? Now shut up, Baekhyun wanted to see this but his y history teacher wouldn’t let him out of class.”

Sehun grinned. “I told Mr. Jung that I had a stomach ache.”

“Nah, Mrs. Kim thinks I have heartburn…and I technically do, just look at those two talk! There’s color on Chloe’s cheeks.”

Sehun nods then he whispers into Kyungsoo’s phone. “Chloe smiles, blushes and dangerously expresses emotions; something you’ve never seen the ice queen do. For someone as cold as Chloe, Kai melted her into-“

“Excuse me, guys? I don’t think you’re on my attendance list unless you’re Ahri or Minah who appear to be absent today.” Kai’s guidance counselor walked over to them.

Kyungsoo looked up. “I’m Minah.”

Sehun wrinkled his nose. “The hell? No, I’m Minah…You can be Ahri.”

Kyungsoo turned to him and nudged his shoulder. “Frick? I picked first.”

“But Minah’s closest to Minhee and Minhee’s my girl.” Sehun bickered.

The guidance counselor face palmed. I hate kids. He thought as he tapped the ruler on their desks. “Guys go back to class please.”

 

 

Kai chuckled. “You have dogs too? I have two; Jjanggu and Monggu!”

Chloe nodded. “I have an Alaskan husky, his name’s Cooper; my …dad named him.” She said softly. “I haven’t seen him in a while.” She admitted.

“Don’t you live with him?”

Chloe shook her head. “No, my parents are divorced…and I live with my mom.”

Kai pushed his books away and turned to her, he took her headphones off fully. “You don’t seem happy about that.” He says.

Chloe sighs and shakes her head. “I’m not, I hate her. She doesn’t treat me like her daughter and all she does is yell at me for no reason. She hates her workplace and she takes it out on me when she comes home.” She says quietly. “They divorced during my first year in Junior High School, and because my mom has stupid connections with law firms when they went to court, my father lost when he asked for custody of me.” She mumbled.

Kai frowned. “Chloe…”

 

 

The bell rung when Kai opened his mouth to speak.

 

 

“Chloe meet me at the front of the school an hour after school. Okay? No questions just come.” Kai says as he grabs his bag. “I’ll be there, just come.”

Chloe looks up and doesn’t have time to answer him because he practically storms out of there. Ah, right…he has class in the basement after this…and his teacher takes off points if he’s late. She said to herself. But afterschool…should I go…or? Chloe sighed and shrugged it off. How bad can an afternoon with Kai be?

 

 

She stood in front of the school a few hours later with her red headphones on.

Chloe turned around when she heard barking. “Jjanggu shush!” Kai said. “Sorry, she’s excited.” He smiles. “This is Jjanggu and this is Monggu.” He looked down at his dogs and handed Chloe a leash. “Let’s go somewhere.”

“Let me guess, the dog park?”

Kai looked over.

Chloe laughed and walked down the street with him. “Where else?”

 

 

Baekhyun stood behind a tree with Chanyeol and stared. “Are they…holding hands?” Chanyeol asked.

“No! They’re just holding the leash with opposite hands- oh my gosh, their hands are touching…and she’s laughing! Channie do you see that?!”

Chanyeol gasped. “He got ice queen to laugh!!”

Baekhyun smacked his shoulder. “You prick! Be nice! She might become our sister in law someday.”

Chanyeol nodded and watched. “Do you think he’ll see us?”

Baekhyun shook his head. “No way! This tree is huge!”

“Suho-hyung is calling me wait…” Chanyeol dug into his pocket for his phone and answered it.

 

 

 “Yes?”

“Oh my God..is that you and Baekhyun behind that tree?”

“Where are you?”

“In my freaking house- guys you ain’t slick! I can see you from three blocks away. I understand Kai and Chloe are kinda on their first date but you guys should go home, if Kai sees you he’ll get so mad…”

Chanyeol frowned. “But they’re so cute did you see all the Snapchats I sent you?”

Suho rolled his eyes. “Of Chloe’s legs? Of course I did. Now come home! My dad got that movie you wanted to see…”

“Don’t tell me what to do!”

Suho gritted his teeth. “But you should really stop following them…”

“Im gonna tell Kai you screen-shotted my snap of Chloe’s .” Chanyeol threatened.

Suho gawked. “You idiot! It was a picture of his dog! I swear!”

Baekhyun leaned over. “Hyung we gotta bounce! I don’t know why you guys are discussing butts and legs but they’re at the dog park now and I swear they just kissed or something.”

 

 

Baekhyun moved on to a bush while Chanyeol the giant struggled to fit behind it. “Oh my! They’re so close to each other.”

“Now now don’t get too excited, I’m sure the dogs just crossed and the leashes pulled onto each other so they bumped into each other. Aww look! The leashes are around Kai and Chloe…She’s blushing!” Chanyeol squealed.

Baekhyun looked over. “Wow, you’re quite bright when it comes to this stuff.”

“I’m telling you, I’m the love whisperer.”

 

 

Chloe walked down the street with her hands in her pocket next to Kai. Her headphones were in Kai’s back pocket. He held both leashes in one hand as they walked.

“Monggu really likes you.” Kai chuckled. “I’ve never seen her warm up to a stranger so quickly.”

Chloe nodded. “She’s a nice dog…I like her.”

“Wanna do this again tomorrow?” Kai asked.

Chloe turned to him and smiled. “Okay.”