chapter one

Fated to Love You (Previously 'Room 519')

ℭhapter One 

 

Kai sighs as he sits in the back of his math class. I seriously need to get out of here...why's Mrs.Lau so damn boring? He looks out the window and frowns when he sees all these kids walking home. His friend Sehun walks pass the window with his girlfriend Minhee. The gemstone glows under his black shirt. 

He looks down at his own gemstone, it hung around his neck lifelessly as usual. Frustrated, he pulled it off and looked at it. what was the point of having one if it didn't do anything?

Kai looked out the window again and saw Sehun and Minhee waiting for the traffic lights to change. Despite Sehun's black shirt and Minhee's grey scarf, he could still see their gemstones glowing faintly though them. I guess Sehun won't be forever alone. 

 

When you are born, you are given a gemstone according to the month you are born in. Of course there are millions of people born every month, but every gemstone is different. It is yours, it will guide you through life. Whenever you are near the person you are meant to be with, it glows with heat and as you separate, the heat fades until it hangs around your neck coldly. 

Growing up, Kai watched everyone in envy...their gemstones glowed and faded accordingly. Everywhere he went, he'd either see the bright red glow or the frosty blue color of the stones. While his? It looked like a little diamond around his neck, it never glowed. It remained clear his whole eighteen years of life.

At one point, he was convinced he was going to be forever alone. Kai scratched the back of his head as he stared at the gemstone in hand. I swear, if I end up like that cat lady down the street... He sighed. 

 

He looked up at the board and noticed a whole set of problems. Mrs. Lau was still writing them out on the smart board when he noticed the timer. Five minutes to do all that? The hell does she think I am? Kai leaned back into his seat and stretched. I...need to get out of here. A.S.A.P Kai looked around, everyone was silently doing their work. Even Chanyeol, the biggest class clown who got distracted easily...he was all up in his notebook furiously scribbling down answers. 

 

Mrs.Lau looked over and noticed Kai looking around. "Kai, are you done? Can you take this to the attendance office please?" She asked as she held up a red folder. "Wait, did Baekhyun ever come in?" 

The class shook their head in silence. "Alright then, Kai?" 

Kai stood up and walked all the way to the front of the class, he grabbed a hallway pass before leaving. He walked all around the school building hoping he would kill time. He hated his schedule, ending the day with calculus and the most boring teacher in the world was terrible. He didn't know how he was going to survive the rest of the semester. 

 

Kai was about to walk up the stairs to his third floor math class when he noticed something weird happen. His chest suddenly felt hot, but he wasn't out of breath or anything...What was happening? 

He looked at his reflection in one of the glass displays and noticed a faint glow under the collar of his shirt. "Huh?" His hands fumbled with the button down of his shirt as he reached to take the necklace off. It wasn't its normal crystal clear color, it was starting to glow pink. 

Kai flushed red as he stared at it for a few minutes. "What...is this?" He asked himself. "Oh my God, it's never happened before...Who could it be...?" He put it back around his neck and took a few steps back. Kai felt the heat of the stone get a little warmer and warmer. 

 

He didn't stop walking until his gemstone glowed like there was no tomorrow. Kai stopped at a familiar room. He looked up and read the number on top. "Room 519." He said. Oh I was here last week for senior seminar. He remembered.

Kai peeked into the room and noticed a girl standing by one of the desks. Her headphones were on and she had a paintbrush in hand. She looked so concentrated as she mixed colors and glided her paintbrush over the canvas. 

Why does she look so familiar? Kai furrowed his eyebrows and tried to remember where he's seen her. It all came back when he remembered she was the girl sitting next to him last Monday, during the first meeting. Her name starts with a C...I think

 

Wait then, then why didn't my necklace glow last week? Kai scratched his head in confusion. Oh wait, I had gym before and it was in my pocket. He bit his lip and made a mental note to put his necklace back on after gym. 

 

Red headphones. 

Brown hair.

Long eyelashes.

Pale pink lips.

A pretty face.

 

Kai smiled as he walked back to his math class. He wasn't even dreading last period because he may have just found the girl of his dreams. 


Did you like chapter one? Comment!