Coming Back Again

You Ain't Gonna Fool Me Twice

JESSICA

 

“Princess,” Butler Yondong said, stepping closer to me.

 

Cutting him off, I said, “If you’re going to talk about leaving Jackson, I say to you, no.”

 

I walked to the kitchen, made myself breakfast. When I finished, as I almost climb up the second step of the stairs, Butler Yondong held my arm to stop me.

 

I looked at him. “What now?”

 

He took a deep breath and said, “We need to go back to Sylvania, Jessica.”

 

I rolled my eyes. “I won’t, BY. I won’t. I have a life here. Now, if you let me, I need to get ready. Suho and I have something to do,” I said and turn around.

 

But Butler Yondong said, “You really think he’s safe to be with?”

 

I turned to look at him. “What do you mean?”

 

“Have you ever thought how in the hell he got into the scene when you’ve almost hit by that car?”

 

I should believe Butler Yondong but no. Deep inside me, I know he’s not into this. Suho is a good person and he won’t hurt me. Butler Yondong just seems to feel really tired right now. Suho won’t do that to me.

 

“Butler Yondong, he’s not. He’s not involved, I know Suho. So, if I may, I’m getting ready,” I said and got in my room.

 

He’s not gonna do that to me. He’s not that kind of person. I know deep in my heart he’s innocent. I won’t test it because I really do know him.

------------

 

We’re walking in the park, trying to clear out our mind with what’s happening. I know Butler Yondong is keeping an eye on me. He clearly thinks someone’s trying to get rid of me in the scene. So he’s being overprotective of me. I just told him not to let me see him when he’s watching over me.

 

“Hey,” I heard Suho called me. I looked at him. “You’re spacing out, Jess. What’s wrong?” He tucked a lock of my hair behind my ear.

 

Looking at me, I shook my head and answered, “Nothing. I just. . . I just thought the one tried to kill was drunk. I never knew someone here in Jackson that hated me that much to kill me.”

 

He dropped his gaze to my hand and took it telling, “You still worried, eh? Remember I’d always be here for you. I’ll protect you as long as I can still fight it. No matter what happens, I won’t let them get to you that easily. Okay?” He smoothed his hand on my hair.

 

I gave him a wry smile. “Okay. But you know what?”

 

“What?”

 

“I’m hungry. Would you buy us snacks? I didn’t eat well earlier,” I said.

 

He smiled at me. “And why?”

 

“Why I feel hungry?”

 

He shook his head. “Nope. Why didn’t you eat well?”

 

Because I’m thinking about what this thing would do to being us, and where this things would lead us. That night, as those words slipped from my mouth, I regretted it. That’s so foolish of me to say and ask you, Suho.

 

“I just don’t like the food,” I said and smiled.

 

He pulled a lock of my hair. “Stubborn. Okay, I’m gonna buy us burgers, is it okay with you?”

 

I nodded. “Anything will do. Go!”

 

He laughed and started walking. As soon as he’s gone, I let out a deep sigh. Is there really a chance I’d learn to love Suho after all this time? I just can’t open up my heart to anyone else yet.

 

Obviously, it’s Donghae that’s bothering me and stopping me from doing it—opening up my heart. How in earth could I ever forget about his existence? It’s really infuriating how I couldn’t push myself to forget about him when in fact he seems to be forgotten about me.

 

“Hey, little girl, why are you sad?” I heard someone asks. I looked left and found out the owner of the voice is 5 benches away from me. How on earth did I hear him?

 

He’s facing back at me and seems like talking to that little girl.

 

“So, you wanna play? I can accompany you and watch over you,” he offered. Then I heard a chuckle.

 

The voice . . . the chuckle . . . seems so familiar.

 

“I don’t want. I wanna go to mommy Tippa!”

 

“Mommy Tippa is busy. But I can walk you to where she is right now—she’s at the nearby coffee shop. So, you want me to?”

 

Damn.

 

Just when I realized who the owner of the voice was, I found him walking away, holding the little girl.

 

His posture, his height, his voice and his chuckle it’s . . . Donghae.

 

Before my mind could think of something to stop me, I was taking the steps he took. I walked faster . . . but . . . where is he?

 

There. Almost out. I ran as fast as I can until I reached the gate . . . but I see nothing. Where is he now?

 

I felt tears in my eyes . . . what an idiot I am! I looked around but I don’t see him anymore.

 

“Donghae,” I whispered.

 

I looked around again but I didn’t see him. Damn it. “Donghae,” I said it again. Some people are bumping into me but I don’t care. I need to see Donghae.

 

Then a hard thing hit me. I fell. I hoped that I would hit the ground two seconds ago but I found myself in someone’s arms. My head aches and I feel like passing out. For the last time, I whispered, “Donghae.”