Come Back Home

You Ain't Gonna Fool Me Twice

JESSICA

 

“You got to be kidding me, Oppa?!” I exclaimed.

 

“I’m dead serious, Sica.”

 

Because of great happiness, I ran to give him a big hug. He’s really tall so my head was on his chest. “Is the bike really for me?”

 

I pulled away.

 

“Yes. I told you I have a surprise for you. Didn’t I?”

 

I nodded. “Thank you, Siwon. But I don’t know how to drive that bike,” I said shyly. I bowed my head.

 

I heard his chuckle. “Don’t worry. I’ll teach you.”

 

“Now?”

 

“No. I have a plan for us today. It’s been few days since we last saw each other. So, let’s go shopping?” He said.

 

I looked up at him. “Shopping? You like that?”

 

“Hmm. I kinda like it since you like it too. So, shall we go?” He said, lending me his arm.

 

          “Okay,” I said and held his arm.

 

          We went to the grand mall here in Jackson and it seems like he’s enjoying even the slightest fun. He’s kinda not what you think he is. He seems so masculine but he has a good heart. Add that he is a gentleman.

 

          “Where do you want to go?” He asked.

 

          “Blue Some!” I said and pointed to the Blue Some here in the mall.

 

          He nodded and said, “Okay. You got it.”

 

          We are in the Blue Some and I’m happy because the clothes are lovely and . . . they are really beautiful!!

 

          I walked over to the clothes section and searched for some clothes that I’d like to wear. I looked over to the side and side and . . .

         

          “Have you found one?” Siwon asked from behind.

 

 I turned around. “None. I don’t find something that would fit on you,” I said and pouted.

 

“Me? You’re searching for me?”

         

“Yes. And I find it hard. What do you want? Long sleeves or just elbow length-sleeves? Oh, this. I know this aqua blue shirt will look good on you. Hmm, I think it’ll suit you. So, here, fit it—“

 

I was cut short. “Why are you staring at me, Oppa?” I asked.
 

He’s staring and me and he’s smiling, too. I can’t help but to ask. Yeah sure he stares at me a lot but right now, it’s different.

 

          “You’re cute, Sica. Okay, I’ll fit this,” he said and took the shirt. He went to the fitting room.

 

          I was left smiling to myself. “Yes. I know I’m cute,” I said.

 

          I walked over to the dress section where I’m really sure I could find a perfect dress for me. I was busy searching for my own dress when I heard flashes of cameras and people running. I looked over that direction and saw nothing but the media flashing their cameras on someone. I guess it’s a celebrity just shopping around.

 

          Why Jackson?

 

          “Mr. Lee, please look this way.”

 

          “Do you have a plan here?”

 

          “Is the news true?”

 

          “Are you really running away?”

 

          I heard some asked that guy. It must have been a celebrity. Maybe Lee Minho. The crowd is making a way for the man to walk. I was about to have a look at the man they’re asking when I heard Siwon yelled for my name.

 

          “Princess Sica!”

 

          “I’m coming, Siwon!” I shouted back and went to the fitting room. I saw him in that shirt. He looks great and more handsome. He never fails to amaze me with his good-looking aura.

 

          I gave him an okay sign and said, “All you need now is a tie.” I was about to go to the necktie section but he spoke.

 

          “Why am I the one buying something?”

 

          I looked at him and said, “Idiot. It’s your birthday today. Do you really think I forgot?”

 

          He smiled at me and said, “How did you know?”

 

          “I checked your social account and found out it’s only few days away until your birthday. And now, it’s your birthday,” I said.

 

          “Besides,” I continued. “I heard you say that to the air in the park.”

 

          He went to me and messed my hair. “Oppa!”

 

          “You always amaze me, you little princess,” he said and walked over to the necktie section. I tailed behind him.

 

He chose white tie. I stopped him by holding his arm. He looked at me, confused. “What?”

 

“White?” I said, taking it from him. “No, no, no. Black would be great. You’re not gonna get married today, right? Why choose white? Choose black because it suits you. Dark and manly,” I said and handed him the black tie.

 

He chuckled. “Fine. You’re really surprising, Sica,” he said, tying his tie around his neck. “So, what would be okay to put on? What color of the coat, now?” he said, teasing me for being so fashionista.

 

I rolled my eyes and said, “Black.”

 

We bought clothes. He said we’re gonna gave a dinner tonight because it’s his birthday. He bought a dress for me. I tried to protest but he paid it before I could put out my cash. He’s just like Suho and D—no.

 

“Buy me a dress again and I’ll burn it,” I said and walked out the shop.

 

He laughed and said, “Why so angry, Sica? It’s just a dress. It doesn’t harm.”

 

I turned to glare at him. “Because I don’t wanna be a parasite, you know. I don’t wanna waste your money. I don’t want people to think that I’m using you for money.”

 

That’s right. I don’t. I don’t want them to judge because I have a rich friend who buys me gifts and dresses that cost half a life of a poor man. I don’t want them to think of me as a user who only wants to dig for more because what I have is enough.

 

He’s silent but sighed. He put the paper bags down and took my face between his both hands. “Why do you think that way? Sica, you’re not. I don’t care what people think. I’m doing this because I want to. You’re special to me and they can’t change that. You’re not. Okay? I want to make you happy. You’re my little princess. Okay?”

 

I want to say something but he just said it all. So I nodded my head and said, “Okay.”

 

He smiled and patted my head. “Good girl. So let’s go? I’ll drive you home so you can prepare,” he offered.

 

I said yes and we walked to the parking lot where his car’s parked. He drove me home. Although we were silent through the ride, I know we’re thinking the same thing.

 

Why am I special to me? What have I done to get that trust of him? Am I worthy of his time? His trust? Is there something going on with him? Is he feeling something towards me? Is there really growing flame between us?

So many questions are in my head but I just shook them away reassuring that we really are good friends and we treat each other special. That’s it.

 

I was outside his car. “So, thanks, Siwon.”

 

“You’re welcome. I’ll pick you up at 6? Is it okay?” He asked, handing me my paper bag.

 

“Thanks. Make it 6:30.”

 

“Okay. 6:30. I’ll go now, little Sica,” he said and winked.

 

“Whatever. Bye, giant Siwon,” I said, waving him goodbye. I saw his car zoned out to the main road and then, I couldn’t see him anymore.

 

I smiled to myself. I’m just lucky I have great friends who care for me.

 

Im Yoona, Hwang Siwon, Kim Taeyeon, and Kim Suho.

 

I saw a car parked just few meters away from my spot. It’s not really familiar. But it’s kinda a rich person’s car. I had that once back in Sylvania.

 

Then I realized it is parked in front of a condominium. I guess someone just moved in here. I’m having a hard time trying to think why most people are having vacation or move here. Jackson is not like a big city. It’s a small town.

 

Something in here must have been interests them.

 

I decided to get in my house to prepare since Siwon and I still have a dinner tonight.

 

~

           

Her eyes are now brighter than when I saw her crying. Her smile is the same smile she gives every time she sees me. Her hair, it’s dyed to blondish brown. Her hands . . . I want to hold your hand, Sica… again.

 

I’m here, always watching over you only you don’t know. My pretty Sica, please look at me.