The Sixth Time

Six

Six

 

The Sixth Time

 

The apartment was dark when Lay entered after a long day of practice. Their comeback dance was harder than he thought. All he wanted was a hot shower, junk food, and his bed. He flicked on the light only to find a note attached to the lampside.

Meet me on the roof.

~Lulu

Lay rolled his eyes. He and Luhan had another fight. This time he wouldn’t let it go, the tension had been high between the roommates. For two weeks, they ate their meals in shifts and remained locked in their beds, getting out only to use the bathroom or eat. He always made sure to be up before Luhan to get to the practice room in the morning, and always came home hours after practice was over.

He reattached the note to the lamp. Hopefully, Luhan would believe that he never saw it and that was why he never met him. Shoes off and t-shirt discarded on the floor, he worked his belt as the water heated up in the shower. Confident that it had reached a comfortable temperature, Lay removed his remaining articles of clothing and stepped under the spray. His eyes closed immediately as the hot water pelted his sore back muscles.

With his eyes closed, he envisioned Luhan sitting on the rooftop, two bowls of ramen and two cups of green tea. He would watch the stars until he joined him. And when Lay didn’t, he would pack it all up and make his way back down. His bed would creaked softly, letting Lay know that Luhan had returned, and the he would sometimes cry in himself to sleep.

The water was quickly shut off as he stepped out of the shower. Hastily, he dried himself off with the hand towel Luhan kept near the bathroom sink. He quickly pulled his clothes back on, forgoing the shoes, and sprinted up to the roof. Two cups of green tea sat, still full, on the ledge that surrounded the roof. Luhan leaned against it as he stared up at the stars and below to people watch at the SM Building.

“I’m sorry,” he said in a rush as he fought to breathe normally. Luhan spun around, wearing a sad smile.

“It’s fine,” he replied with a nonchalant shrug of his shoulders. He picked up a cup and took a small sip before setting it back down. His back to Lay once more as Lay stood still.

“It’s really pretty tonight.”

One foot in front of the other, Lay finally joined him. “It is pretty,” Lay agreed. He picked up the other tea cup and took a hearty sip. “It’s not as pretty as the girl version of you though.”

Luhan’s head turned and an incredulous smile lit up his face. “Did you really think that line would work?”

Lay laughed. “Had to try.”

The pair stared up at the night sky, pointing out constellations and making new patterns as they traced the stars with their fingers. The tea kettle had been finished off as they lay down on the blanket Luhan had spread out. Lay smiled as Luhan sat up and stared at him.

“Drunk now?” he asked. Luhan shook his head and smiled. “Good.”

“I’m sorry about the fight.” Luhan whispered.

“Are you sorry about what I did?” he asked, patting Luhan’s bangs.

Luhan smiled. “Which one?” came his cheeky reply.

“Probably the first one.” Luhan said.

“The time I made the plan on getting you with Sehun?”

“Definitely, my head ached the next day, you know.”

“Sorry about that.”

Silence came and they knew that the tension between them lessened.

“So, what do we do now?” Luhan wondered.

“Eat?” Lay asked, suggestively wiggling his eyebrows.

Luhan laughed. He grabbed the junk foods and stood up. Lay picked up the cups and the blanket.

“Let’s go inside.” Lay murmured, stifling a yawn. Luhan agreed and grabbed his hand, pulling him for a kiss on the cheek. “Thank you, Lay. This has been the best fight we’ve ever had.”

“Best or worst?”

“Probably both.” They laughed and Lay scratched his neck before asking, “So, I know I’ve asked this before, and it’s sort of become an annoying joke between us, but is this a date?”

Luhan smiled. “Yes, Lay. This was a date.”


Hey guys~ So this is the last chapter of "Six". I hope you all enjoyed it :) Sorry if the ending was LayHan (LayXLuhan). I just love them together that's all. :)