All Linked Together

The Difference Between Us

AUTHOR'S POV

Two weeks has been gone since the club incident. Kwangmin and Youngmin had stopped contact, both were waiting for the other to apologize. Hyunseung and Minwoo have become secret lovers, earning suport from their friends. Kwangmin had the most shocking surprise, however. The part of him that he hid away was slowly seeping. He secretly snuck out of the house every weekend, becoming a regular at the club. He made sure to keep his identity secret, just in case of a scandal. Youngmin had seen a few times, although he was surprised, he still didn't approach him.

On one of these party nights, Kwangmin had bumped into the Jeongmin. The two danced for half a song, but Jeongmin quickly slipped away from the twin. Kwangmin just shrugged, maybe he wasn't interested in him, and he went to get a drink at the bar. Kwangmin raised an eyebrow as he spotted his brother at the bar. When he tried to turn and leave, Jeongmin was standing in front of him, shaking his head.

"You'll have to talk to him, sooner or later."

"I don't have to do anything."

"You don't but it'd be nice."

"What do you know?" Kwangmin frowned. He knew he was acting childish, but he didn't feel the need to go an apologize.

Jeongmin shook his head and shrugged. "More than you know."

Kwangmin rolled his eyes at the boy, "Whatever."

The boy stopped him as he turned away, "Okay, no more talking about that. How about we....go somewhere else?"

"Somewhere else?"

"You and me. Alone." Jeongmin spoke slowly and Kwangmin's eyes widened. People have offered one night stands before but Kwangmin felt quite tempted. "Come on." Jeongmin took Kwangmin's hand softly and pulled the boy with him, out of the club and into a taxi.

 

Meanwhile, Youngmin was getting wasted. Donghyun was currently at a meeting at the fashion company he worked at, and Youngmin really hated to be alone. Youngmin was not the kind of person to hide away his sorrows, so he let out all his tears as he drank shot after shot. The bartender felt bad for the drunk and sobbing boy, giving him a discount on all drinks.

Youngmin rambled as he talked to no one in particular. "Here I am, all alone on a saturday. See how my life is? It's so terrible. Everything and everyone ."

"You should stop blaming everyone around you. You're the one who chose to be this way."

Youngmin turned at the boy next to him, it was Donghyun. "Aren't you supposed to be at work."

"I told you it'd be a short meeting. Why did you leave without me?"

Youngmin shrugged, taking a swig of beer. "I got bored."

"You're ridiculous. Come on, let's go home."

"I don't want to go."

"Don't be a brat and get in the car."

"Who made you the boss of me?"

"Youngmin, come on. You're totally wasted. Let's go before you have to get your stomach pumped."

"That's none of your business." The blonde boy sneered. "Bartender! Get me another line of shots!!"

Before the bartender can act on this, Donghyun turned and glared at him. "Don't you dare give him any more alcohol." He grabbed Youngmin's wrist and dragged him out the club. Youngmin struggled, but he wasn't exactly the strongest guy, especially now that he was drunk.

When they got into the car, Donghyun tossed his phone to Youngmin. "Call Kwangmin."

Youngmin didn't argue, he squinted at the phone, after a few minutes he managed to dial in his brother's number. When Kwangmin picked up, Youngmin giggled. "Hello little brother."

"Put the phone speaker, Youngmin." Donghyun said, sternly.

"Tch..you'r so bossy when you're mad." Youngmin clicked the speaker button.

"Kwangmin can you come over to my house? I'm in dire need of help and Youngmin is incapacitated at the time."

"Why call me? Don't you have other friends?" Kwangmin asked with an annoyed tone.

"No." His seriousness made Kwangmin immediately feel bad.

"Okay, I'm coming." Kwangmin sighed. He looked at Jeongmin who smiled back a him. "Do you mind?"

"Nah it's fine." Jeongmin shrugged as Kwangmin gave the taxi driver different directions. "Hey, Kwangmin. Do I look familiar to you?"

"No, why?"

"Just asking." Jeongmin shrugged again. "It's too bad you got that urgent call."

"Yeah." Kwangmin said, but he wasn't really paying attention. Donghyun sounded serious on the phone, and he was never serious.

"The things I would've done." Jeongmin mumbled dreamily to himself.

"I'm hungry. I hope they have cake over there." Kwangmin said, randomly. Jeongmin gave him a weird look, but after a minute he agreed.

 

 

When they got to the apartment, Donghyun opened it with a smile. "Hey, Jeongmin."

"Hey." Jeongmin grinned.

Kwangmin raised an eyebrow, "You know each other."

Donghyun looked at Kwangmin like he was the weird one, "Yeah obviously."

"He doesn't remember."

"That's messed up." Donghyun shook his head. "Come in guys." He took us inside. "So I need you guys to help with Youngmin."

"What's wrong with him?" Kwangmin asked.

"He's wasted. I mean I've seen him tipsy and angry drunk, but right now he's having mood swings." He led us to Youngmin who was curled up in a ball currently napping. "He was crying when I found him, then he started giggling. At one point he started yelling at me for that one time last year when I wore khakis."

"Well he looks okay now." Jeongmin pointed at Youngmin's peaceful body.

Kwangmin sighed, "I've seen him get like this once. He goes on and off all night. I guess I'll sleepover and take care of him."

"Kwangmin." Youngmin woke up and frowned at his brother. "Awww..you came to take care of me."

"Shut up." Kwangmin growled.

Youngmin looked up at Jeongmin and grinned. "Ohhh you were with Jeongmin. How cute."

"Why does everyone know him?"

"Don't you remember that nerdy guy that used to follow you around." Youngmin snickered. "I guess now that he's hot, he finally got the courage to ask you out."

Kwangmin turns to Jeongmin, "Jeongmin?" He stared at Jeongmin, trying to match his face with any of his high school friends, but he couldn't. Then it suddenly clicked, "Stalker boy?"

Jeongmin raised an eyebrow, "Geeze. I had a crush. I wasn't stalking you."

"I know. It's just that-" Kwangmin was interrupted by a sniffle.

Everybody paused and turned to Youngmin. He looked back and began to sniffle again, "I'm sorry. It's just so romantic how he had a crush and the a year later, he found you again." Youngmin was sobbing by the end of his sentence.

Donghyun stepped up to him, but Kwangmin stopped him. "I'll handle him." Kwangmin took Youngmin's wrist gently and guided him to Donghyun's room.

Once there he helped his brother to the bed and took off his shirt, which smelled like alcohol. Youngmin looked up at Kwangmin with sleepy eyes. "You're the perfect brother."

Kwangmin frowned, "No I'm not."

"Yeah you are." Youngmin said, lazily. "You take all the responsibilities that I should have as the older brother. Even though you're mad at me, you're still taking care of me. Why are you so nice?"

"That's not being perfect. That's just what a brother should do."

"I probably wouldn't do it for you. Look at Jeongmin. The only reason you didn't notice him before was because you were being the perfect student. Plus dad would never let you date a boy, let alone a guy at his status."

"I'm just following rules."

"Exactly! All you do is follow rules. You're smart, you attend every stupid event for dad's work, and you never talk back. I wish I could be as perfect as you."

"At least you don't have responsibilities. For once, I'd like to be the one who gets wasted and has one night stands. Even when I get out of the house, I'm still worried about ruining dad's reputation."

Youngmin shook his head vigorously. "I don't like myself. Don't be like me. It may be fun, but I don't think I have a future. I've wasted pretty much my whole life. To top it off, the realest friend I have is Donghyun, and sooner or later he's gonna get sick of me. Not even my own parents could handle me."

Hearing those words shocked Kwangmin, "Don't think like that Youngmin. No one's going to get sick of you. I'm pretty sure Donghyun's in love with you and if he isn't, well I'm still here. I'll always be next to you. It's the best and worst thing about having a twin." Kwangmin grinned.

"I need the bathroom." Youngmin ran out of the room and into the bathroom in the hallway.

Kwangmin went out to Donghyun and Jeongmin who were watching tv on the couch. I joined them, but after awhile I realized that Youngmin was taking far too long. I got up from the couch and knocked on the bathroom. There wasn't an answer so I just came in. As I looked inside, I bursted out into laughter. He was curled up on the bathroom carpet asleep with tear stains on his cheek.

Donghyun and Jeongmin came in with curious faces. I stopped laughing long enought to tell them. "He fell asleep from crying too much!" They both laughed too. When we were done, Donghyun took him back to the bedroom.

"It's late, do you guys wanna sleep over?" Donghyun asked.

"Sure." We both agreed.

"Okay. Um..the couch pulls out into a futon so I'll go get you a blanket and pillows." Donghyun got some stuff from the closet and handed it to us. "Just don't do it on the couch. It's really expensive."

"We're not gonna-" Kwangmin's words were cut off by Jeongmin's groan.

"Dirty boy." Donghyun cackled. "I knew you were thinking about it."

"Goodnight guys!!!"

 

Both twins were now tucked into bed and fast asleep. Their fight had been resolved, like any other sibling fight. However this time, they both fully understood what the other was going through. Even though Youngmin was pretty wasted, their conversation will still be ingrained in his mind. They both had a peaceful and genuine smile on their face as they slept. Although they were probably going to have to figure out some things later, at least they knew that they'd both always have each other.

 

 

 

 

 

HEY READERS,

OKAY SO I DIDN'T KNOW HOW TO END THIS. I THOUGHT I HAD EVERYTHING PLANNED OUT BUT IT WAS REALLY JUST A MESS. WELL WHATEVER..I JUST NEEDED TO GET THIS STORY IDEA OUT OF MY HEAD. SO...HERE YOU GO. I HOPE YOU LIKE IT. ^-^