Rebel

The Difference Between Us

"Stay out!!" The bouncer threw me out of the club, by my arm. I cussed at him, spewing out words of hate. He rolled his eyes and ignored it, he's probably used to this stuff all the time. Donghyun cackled next to me as we walked down the crowded street. He hooked his arm through mine, making sure I don't trip over my own. I was dizzy and distraut, but mostly full of anger.

"Who does he think he is? I'm the son of Jo Minjoo!! He's a nobody!" I shouted, angrily. Donghyun laughed some more when we entered a taxi. After that, it was all a blank.

"Ugggh." I groaned out, my head felt like it was splitting open. "ing ." I rolled onto my side and stared at my clock near the bed I was in. I was surprised when it said 1 o'clock. My brother entered the my room, holding a look of pity. I glared at him, "What do you want?"

"Nothing. Father told me to wake you." He brought over a tray with soup, a bottle of water, and some crackers. He placed the tray on my lap and fed some of the soup to me. He crumbled two crackers into my soup, exactly how I liked it.

"Thanks." I muttered. I drank some of the water and the headache began to slowly fade. I still felt a bit sick, but I got over.

"Go change." Kwangmin insructed.

"I'm the oldest." I muttered. "Don't boss me around."

"I'm not bossing you around. I'm just trying to help you out. Father is pretty angry."

I rolled my eyes, "He's always angry." I put the tray aside and got up. The clothes I was wearing last night were washed and folded on a nearby chair. "I doubt wearng these are going to calm him down, even if I they are clean."

"Go shower." Kwangmin said, ignoring my rambling. "I'll wait in here."

I entered the bathroom, connected to the room, and undressed. I jumped into the shower and the water. I stood for a minute, feeling my muscles relax and a sigh escaped my lips. I continued to shower, letting myself forget about my worries. After everything was done, I got out and dressed. I looked in the mirror and frowned at my reflection. It looked so innocent and so different from how I really was.

I opened the drawers to the sink and took out three of the things I can't survive without: eyeliner, hair straightener, and gum. The gum was super old, but I still shoved two pieces in my mouth. I used the pencil eyeliner to color the waterline of my eye and the liquid eyeliner to make the wing. Afterwards, I used the hair straightener to crimp my bands. When I was done, I smirked at the reflection. It was perfect. The true me was perfect and way better than the clean, innocent verson of me.

I left the bathroom and my boyfriend raised an eyebrow at me. "Father hates that make up stuff on your face."

"Dear old dad will have to get over it." I patted his shoulder. "Just so I know, what am I getting in trouble for?

"Donghyun came to the gate laughing, and telling the guard that 'the almighty Prince Youngmin was back'. You didn't make it any better when you giggled and kissed one of the guard's cheeks." Kwangmin shook his head. "Idiot."

"Hmm..that seems fun, too bad I don't remember." I sighed. "Well let's just get this over with." I headed to the door. As soon as we got there to the security guards were waiting there. "Ahh ."

"We have orders to make sure you don't leave, until you've met your father." The head butler, an old gray-haired man, said.

"Taehyun!! Why talk to me so formally? You act like we're strangers." I slapped the man's shoulder lightly. "Always talking so formal and mannerly. You need to retire and stop working so hard." I laughed.

The security guards stepped up and grabbed me by arms. I laughed again, "I'm going. You don't have to be rough." I looked at the cute security guard. "You however, could be as rough as you want." He blushed as I winked.

"Even sober, you pick him out." Kwangmin chuckled next to me.

"I have great taste." I grinned as the security guard blushed and looked away.

The light mood only lasted a moment as we entered the living room. My mother was sitting in the chair, reading as usual, and my father was doing the same. They both looked up with matching faces full of disgust. I scoffed at their attitude and sat on the arm of the chair, while my brother bowed.

"Goodmorning Father." I said, in the same proper voice that my brother used.

"Youngmin, I'm very disappointed in you." My father said, sternly.

"When aren't you?" I yawned, grabbing an apple off of the coffee table.

"Do not disrespect your father."

"Oh mother, my body is not wired to do that." I tilted my head and smirked.

"Enough!" My father put his book down and took his glasses off. He sighed and rubbed his face. "I'm tired of the constant shame you put this family through. You're always causing trouble and it makes this family and my company look bad."

"It's always about the company, isn't it?"

"The company put a roof over your head. We have rules in this house and you chose to disobey them."

"Oh face it! Even if I did obey all your orders, I'll never be the perfect son you wanted." I glared at them. "That's Kwangmin's job."

"Don't drag your brother into this. He's done a lot of work for the company. He's always busy saving the image that you've been destroying." His fists were clenched and his frown was set permanently on his face. "Unless you promise to become more responsible, we're going to have to cut all ties with you."

"Cut all ties? You're kicking me out? Are you ing serious?" I scoffed.

"Language." My mother interrupted.

"Oh whatever. You guys can go yourself." As I turned to go, I kicked over the small table.

"Youngmin!! Youngmin get back over here." My father shouted.

I kept walking, ignoring the shouting. Kwangmin came running up behind me. "Hyung, come on. Father is just angry, I'm sure he didn't mean it."

"He's never said that before." I roll my eyes. "It's fine. I'll just crash at a friend's place until I get enough money to buy a new one."

"Youngmin, you're being unreasonable."

"I'm being unreasonable." I glare at him and he only sighs.

"Fine. Just take care of yourself and stop drinking so much."

"Sheesh Kwangmin. Don't act like such a sissy. It's not like you're never going to talk to me, again."

"I know, but....what if father doesn't appove?"

"Like I always say, he'll get over it. I'll come back for my stuff later." He nodded his head and went back to the house. I sighed and pulled my phone out of my pocket. I dialed Donghyun's number. "Hyung..I'm in a bit of predicament."

 

 

When I got to Donghyun's condo, he was waiting with a smirk on his face. "I can't believe they didn't do this sooner." He chuckled.

I slapped Donghyun's arm before jumping onto the couch. "I don't want to talk about them."

"Want to fool around?" Donghyun wiggled his eyebrow. I laughed a little, I was usually the one that tried to hit on him, even though he rejected me.

"Psh, now you want me. Well I'm nobody's second." I stuck out my tongue.

"Liar." Donghyun frowned. "You're everybody's second...and third, and fourth." I rolled my eyes at him.

I looked around his condo and saw his sketch pad on the coffee table. I opened and looked at all the drawings of fancy, yet elegant dresses and outfits on faceless women/men. "New designs?"

"Yeah. It's some stuff I've been drawing up. You know, being a great fashion designer is harder than you think." Donghyun looked at his sketches in pride. "Imagine those on the runway, it'll be perfect."

"Yeah, I bet." I looked in awe at his wonderful designs. "I wish I had this much talent."

"You have good looks." Donghyun offered. "Other than in animes, you can't see people with your face."

"Yeah you can. Just head down to my house and you'll find Kwangmin." I muttered, bitterly.

Donghyun frowned and was about to say something when his phone rang, signaling a text. "Aw. Sorry Youngmin, there's a meeting at the company. I can take you with me if you want?"

"No. I'll just stay here. I'm tired." I wave at him as he leaves. I lie down on the couch and stare at the ceiling. I think about our conversation. "Talent, that's what I need. I need something that'll make me special. Something that'll make me different and better than him."

My thoughts kept racing in my head. Thoughts of my father and all the disappointing looks he's given me kept flashing by. I remember this one time when my brother became class president. After that, my father didn't even care about the math test I had been studying for. Oh, but he cared about how I got detention for being late. I frowned to myself, thinking of all my good deeds that had been overshadowed by my brother. Why else would I act like this? The only reason they even look at me is because I'm bad. I don't care whether it's bad or good attention, it's still attention.

I fell asleep with one thought remaining in my mind. 'I wish Kwangmin wasn't even born.'

 

 

 

HEY~~

UMM SO HERE'S MY FIRST CHAPTER. I HOPE YOU LIKED IT. UMM I DIDN'T MARK THIS RATED BECAUSE THERE'S NO , BUT IF CUSSING BOTHERS YOU...MY BAD.