What Tears Them Apart

The Difference Between Us

AUTHOR'S POV~~

 

The boys entered the club. Except for Youngmin and Donghyun, all the boys looked at the place with wide eyes. Youngmin looked at the boys and shook his head. "You guys look like total nerds." He stepped in front of them, tapping his chin. "Let me help."

Youngmin stepped up to Hyunseong and ruffled up his hair. He ed his shirt and loosened up the tie. Youngmin frowned at the slacks, but moved onto Minwoo. Minwoo looked so excited as Youngmin ruffled his hair only a bit. He took off Minwoo's dress shirt so that he only had a white muscle shirt on. Kwangmin raised his eyebrows, noticing that Minwoo was actually really in shape and had muscles.

"That's kinda hot." Hyunseong and Youngmin commented, making Minwoo blush.

"You next." Youngmin grinned at me. He took out the eyeliner out of his pocket and put it on me. It wasn't as much eyeliner as his, but enough to make me look edgy. He took off the suspenders so they were hanging at my sides and threw the bowtie away. He ed my shirt halfway, exposing most of my chest. "Damn. I look hot." I punched his shoulder, rolling my eyes.

"Okay...have fun, boys. Be careful, don't do a lot of drinking." Youngmin advised us.

Minwoo nodded his head before running onto the dance floor. He pretty much melted into the crowd, with Hyunseong close behind. I glanced at Youngmin who gave me a wink before leaving with Donghyun. I shrugged and headed for the bar, wanting to get a drink to loosen up a bit. As I was about to order, some guy ordered it for me. He didn't flirt or anything, he just grinned.

"You look like a newbie here. My name's Jeongmin. Have fun." With that, the boy patted his shoulder and left.

Kwangmin smiled, "People at clubs are really friendly." He downed his drink and looked around. The place was packed with people dancing, drinking, and just having fun. He loved the aura and wished that he could stay here all the tme. Kwangmin stood from his spot at the bar and headed to the dance floor.

That night, he let himself get carried away. He danced a whole lot and even danced with his brother for a few songs. He drank, but not enough to get totally wasted. Both girls and guys flirted with him and he felt adventurous enough to flirt back. He wasn't like his normal self, instead he was acting more like his true self.

Dancing together as brothers was the most fun for them. Youngmin and Kwangmin had synced their moves together and a circle formed around them. Although it was a simple dance, the crowd cheered as they watched the boys and after they finished the dance, they high-fived each other. They laughed together and people were going crazy for the two twins.

At the end of the night, when people started leaving, Kwangmin looked around for his friends. Everyone was found except for Hyunseung and Minwoo. "I'll go check the bathroom." Youngmin headed for the bathroom. In the stalls, he found the two drunken lovers,  tangled together. "Damn boys, don't you work hard." Youngmin cackled, making the boys freeze in their positions. "I'll be back in like 15 minutes, better be done by then."

Youngmin came back to Kwangmin and Donghyun. "I found the two little boys, playing around in the bathroom."

"Wow. Those lucky boys, I've been wanting to get laid all night." Donghyun sighed.

Kwangmin hung up his cell phone and looked at Youngmin with a serious expression. "We gotta get to the house."

"Why?" Youngmin raised an eyebrow. "The old man gave you a bed time?"

"No. Apparently Minwoo's dad is super overprotecive. When he found out he left the party, he freaked out and was yelling about firing people. Thery're all waiting at the house so we can explain. We're so screwed, I shouldn't have let you take us here." Kwangmin held his face in his hands. "This is all your fault. I'm going to the car." Kwangmin exited the club, leaving a shocked Youngmin.

"Why the does he blame me?" Youngmin kicked the bar stool, earning a glare from the bartender.

 

KWANGMIN POV~~~

The drive back to the house was terrible and awkward. When Hyunseung and Minwoo finished whatever they did, they came out looking terrible. As we got out of the car, I did a quick look over on everyone, after fixing myself up. I fixed everyone's clothes, even wiping off Youngmin's make up. I sprayed a light cologne on everyone, covering up the alcohol smell. Youngmin covered up the hickies on Minwoo's neck with some make up.

"We're all screwed." I muttered, shaking my head.

"I'm sorry for dragging you all down with me. I didn't think anyone else would get in trouble." Minwoo said, quietly.

"Don't worry, Minwoo. It's not your fault." Hyunseung patted him on the back. Minwoo blushed a little, before distancing himself from Hyunseung.

"Yeah. You're not the one who should be sorry." I glared at Youngmin.

We entered the house and found our parents, along with Minwoo's dad on the couch. They all wore matching worried faces. Minwoo's father looked up and sighed in relief before rushing over to Minwoo. "You're safe. I'm so happy you're safe."

"Dad." Minwoo whined. "I'm fine. I'm not a little kid."

Minwoo's father frowned. "You are still underaged young man. You shouldn't be hanging around with older boys and partying. Someone could have taken advantage of you." Minwoo blushed, taking a quick glance at Hyunseung, who rubbed his neck. "I'm sorry for worrying so much, but after your mother died...you're the only one left." Minwoo's father looked down, sadly.

"It's okay, Appa." Minwoo smiled softly, patting his father's hand.

I looked at the loving scene and a spark of jealous rose up in me. I also noticed Youngmin tensing up next to me, as he looked away. Our father came up to us, with a sterned face. "You two young men are in big trouble. How dare you leave the nice event our company threw, so you can go out and party. Not only that, but you dragged an underage boy with you."

"I'm sorry, Father." I bowed slightly, looking down in shame.

"Kwangmin, I expect this kind of misbehavior from Youngmin. However, I expected way more from you. This is truly a disappointment and I can't believe you would shame our family like that." My father shook his head.

"Sir." Minwoo said, shyly. "It wasn't Youngmin and Kwangmin's fault. I pressured them into taking me out. I felt very stuffy and crowded with so many teenagers around me. I wanted to relax. The twins seemed to be the only people who didn't care about my status, and they actually treated me like a regular person." Minwoo lied a bit, but I could tell he was grateful for making new friends.

"Now Minwoo, you know better than that." His father sighed. "I'm sorry for causing trouble with your family. You've raised two fine boys who took care of Minwoo while I wasn't there. Thank you."

My father's face relaxed and he grinned in pride. "My boys do act quite responsible." He boasted, making Youngmin roll his eyes.

"We should take our leave, it's late. It was nice to meet your family. Sorry for the trouble. Good bye!" Minwoo's father waved and began to exit. Minwoo quickly passed Hyunseong a card before he left, making sure none of the parents saw. 

I sighed in relief as the door closed. Little did I know, it was only the calm before the storm.

 

YOUNGMIN POV~~

As soon as Minwoo's and his dad left, our father began to tear into us, mostly me.

"You two are very luck, today. I really cannot believe you had the audacity to do that, it really shocks me." My father looked at us, anger showing on his face. "Youngmin! I already kicked you out of the house, do I have to disown you, too?! This is ridiculous! You cause more trouble when you leave the house."

"Calm down, old man!" I rolled my eyes.

"Get out!!!" My father yelled in frustration. "Get out of my house before I call the security."

"My pleasure. Have a great night, father." I muttered, as I turn around. I purposely bumped into Kwangmin, as I left.

"And you! I cannot describe how disappointed I am." I heard my father say to Kwangmin. "Get out of my sight."

Before I exited the house, I turned to Kwangmin. "Be honest. Would you rather live your life like this, or do you want every night to be like this one?"

The gears in my brother's head must have been turning. He stared at me, looking for an answer to my question. "I don't know." He said, honestly. "This is the first time I got a taste of fun, but...but I can't do it anymore."

"What?" I said shocked.

"I can't party and be cool. That would disappoint father more, and someone needs to run the business, since you won't do it." Kwangmin looked at me with accusation in his eyes.

Anger rose up inside of me. "I don't see why you're blaming me. You don't have to live like this. You never had to do be the perfect son!!"

"When someone has to be! All you do is mess around."

"Only because you're always hogging up the spotlight!"

"Me? All dad ever talks about is you and the business." Kwangmin began to mimick by father. "Blah blah Youngmin is such a troublemaker. Blah blah blah I hope you give our family a good reputation. Blah blah blah I hope Youngmin is okay..I hope Youngmin doesn't hurt himself. Youngmin! Youngmin! Youngmin!"

"Yeah right? Our father doesn't give two cents about me."

"How the do you know? All you do is party and have fun, while I'm stuck here doing his stupid paperwork and running errands." Kwangmin groaned in frustration. "You know what...forget it. Get out. I don't want to talk to right now."

"Fine with me." I sighed, pulling Donghyun with me. Hyunseong followed Kwangmin upstairs, awkardly.

 

AUTHOR'S POV

 

Late at night, the boys lied on their beds, hugging their pillows. Their friends were fast asleep near them. The whole night kept replaying in their head. The part where they danced together made tears run down the faces a bit, but they quickly wiped it away. They rolled over and tried their hardest to go to sleep.

Stupid Kwangmin

Stupid Youngmin