Chapter 13

Miracle in December

Yoonmi finished preparing the food on the table. Then she call Doyoon. Doyoon take his seat in front of Yoonmi. Yoonmi remain silent while eating. She didn’t even dare to look at Doyoon eyes. Doyoon notice that. He wants to talk, to bring up conversation but he also hesitating and don’t know what to talk. So, Doyoon also didn’t talk anything. The situation that lunch time is silent and only the sound from television can be heard.

“Noona…” Call Doyoon. He gather his courage to speak. Yoonmi look up to him.

“Err… Err.. Thanks for the food. Its very delicious.” Thanked Doyoon.

“Welcome.” Reply Yoonmi with a smile.

“I’m glad you like it. I’m afraid it’ll taste weird or maybe bad since I didn’t cook for a long time. And thankfully, my cooking skill didn’t rust.” Continue Yoonmi.

“Noona, your cooking skill will never rust, your born with it.” reply Doyoon.

“Really? Don’t lie Doyoon-a, I still remember the first time I cook for you. You said it was great but when I taste it, gosh, it taste horrible. You said that every time I cook for you and every time the food didn’t taste that great that you mention. Then, when I met Chanyeol oppa, he didn’t compliment me, he criticize me. He said my food are disaster. He taught me how to cook. From him, my cooking skill got better. And eventually, it taste great like you always said.” Say Yoonmi.

Doyoon expression change when he heard ‘Chanyeol’ name. Yoonmi is still smiling, thinking the times back then when she had Chanyeol with her.

“Why must Chanyeol hyung?” Say Doyoon in a low voice.

“Doyoon-a? Did you said something?”  Ask Yoonmi.

“No. No I don’t. Yeah,… Chanyeol hyung also a great cooker. His food are jjang !” reply Doyoon.

Always Chanyeol hyung. Chanyeol, chanyeol, Chanyeol. Noona, why can’t you get over him. He already dead noona! Why can’t you see the truth?

“Doyoon-a?” Call Yoonmi.

“Yeah?” Answer Doyoon.

“Nothing.” Yoonmi stand up and clean up the table.

“Let me help you noona.” Offer Doyoon.

“Its okay. I can do this. Besides…” Before Yoonmi could finish her words Doyoon interrupt.

“Besides, I don’t come here often, right? Its okay noona. I want to help you. Please..?” Doyoon smile with a cute face.

“Okay, you can help me. Thank you Doyoon-a.” Yoonmi give up.

“No problem noona.” Doyoon start to take all the plates and bowl to the sink.

Yoonmi and Doyoon clean up the table. Then they wash the dish together. Yoonmi and Doyoon chit chatting among themselves about Yoonmi college life, her part time work, and Doyoon about his school and celebrity life. They laugh and smile. After that, Doyoon get back on the sofa and tune another channel on the television while Yoonmi serves biscuit and some slice of cake that she bought this morning.

“Waa~ Thank you noona.” Thanked Doyoon as he saw Yoonmi come towards the living room. Yoonmi reply him with a smile.

Yoonmi and Doyoon continue chit chatting while watching the television. Yoonmi glad Doyoon come to her house. At least she can forget about Chanyeol, Park Chanyeol for a while. Just maybe for a while.

**********************

“Thank you, please come again.” Yoonmi thank the customer as she smile to them. She also greet the customer that just enter the restaurant. Moonhee approach her.

“Ya! From what I saw from the first we started our shift today, you look happier today.” Moonhee stand beside her.

“Really? I think I’ve always like this.” Reply Yoonmi.

Probably because Doyoon visited me this morning made my feelings better. Thought Yoonmi.

“Nope. Few days, I mean weeks ago, you always look like down, depressed, sad like something terrible happened. Different from today, you look more brighter. So, what happened? You got new boyfriend? Tell me.” Moonhee stare to Yoonmi.

“Ridiculous! Why would I want a new boyfriend? I still have one. Nothing special happened.” Reply Yoonmi back.

“You have boyfriend???!! You never told me about this! Tell me about him. Is he handsome? Rich? He has any friend that still single. Introduce me to him. I mean his friend”  Moonhee suddenly become excited.

“Well, I don’t know how to tell you about this. I would like to introduce you to him but..”

“But why?? You afraid he would like me? Don’t be silly.” Moonhe cut Yoonmi words.

“No! He’s already passed away…. A year ago..” Yoonmi look down. There’s a silence between them.

“Mian… I shouldn’t  ask you.” Moonhe apologize.

“Gwaenchana. I’m fine with it. Don’t worry. I already used to this.” Yoonmi smile to Moonhee. Then, another silent.

“Yoonmi..” Moonhee call her.

“Hurmm?” answer Yoonmi.

“Move one.” Say Moonhee.

“What do you mean…?” Yoonmi didn’t understand.

“You told me you still have a boyfriend but he’s already passed away.” Moonhee put her hand on Yoonmi’s shoulder.

“Move on. I’m sure he also wants you to be happy and meet other people. Don’t hang too much onto him. Let him go.” Continue Moonhee.

“Why.. all of the sudden… Moonhee-ya…” Yoonmi become blur.

“I know I don’t know nothing or what happen between you and him. But, you really love him right and he also feels the same way to you. I don’t know what you or he had promised but.. learn to love other people… Open your heart.. don’t deny your feeling. Its not a sin to love other people.” Moonhe smile to Yoonmi. Yoonmi speechless.

After a few seconds of silent, the front door open. A customer come in.

“Oh, Welcome~” Greet Moonhee. Yoonmi was still standing still, speechless. She still think about what Moonhee had told her just now. She didn’t realize Moonhee isn’t beside her anymore.

Move on?

------------------------------------------​------------------------------------------​------------------------------------------​------------------------------------

I'm gonna double post today :D Sorry for not updating for a long time /bow/ And this chapter is kinda short, so again sorry /big bow/_eunhaxoxo