Chapter 10

Miracle in December

“Thank you, please come again”

Yoonmi bow to the customer as they are leaving. Yoonmi gave them a wide smile. After they gone, Yoonmi let out a sigh. Then she go to the kitchen. She stretch he body and yawn. Its been a busy day for he. A new semester of college had just begun sure she got many things need to be accomplish. She really wish to quit her part time work but if she do she would have not enough money for her daily expenses. So she decided to continue working.

Yoonmi go to the locker room at the back of the restaurant. She take her phone from her bag. 2 message. Yoonmi unlock the screen and read the sender.

“Doyoon..?” Yoonmi open the message and read it.

[Noona! How have you been? Its been a long time I didn’t  text you. J I miss you ~ TㅅT  -Doyoon]

Yoonmi giggle while reading the message. She read the next one.

[Noona~ Why you not replying? Are mad to me? I’m sorry~ ㅠㅠ I’ve been busy for preparing my debut and graduation. Sorry? -Doyoon]

Yoonmi reply the text.

[Ya babo! Why would I mad to you? Sorry for replying late, I also been busy these days. A new semester just started and I’ve got part time work to do.  So, yeah, we even –Yoonmi]

Yoonmi push the send button. After a few minute, a call come in.

“Noona!!” A familiar sound heard.

“Ya! How many times I told you, don’t call me loudly like that when on the phone.” Yoonmi raise her tone, in a joking way.

“Hehehe….Mian. Anyway, how have you been?” Ask Doyoon.

“Me? I’m just fine. Yeah.. just fine..” Answer Yoonmi.

“You? I hope you don’t skip meal. I know you’ve been dieting and maintaining your figure but that can’t be the reason you skip meals.” Continue Doyoon.

“Don’t worry noona. I’ve been eating well. I’m perfectly fine here. Noona, can I come over at your place tomorrow? Since its weekend tomorrow and I haven’t met you since the last time on Christmas Day. Its been over 3 weeks right? A month?” Doyoon keep talking. Yoonmi mind is thinking other thing.

A month? So, its been a month we haven’t met at all. I mean maybe bump into the street. Ptff, what am I thinking about. Of course, how do we bump accidently into street. He’s an idol. Its not easy for him to walk around freely just like that and why should we meet? We didn’t even have any connection. Dear Chanyeol in heaven, what’s wrong with me?

“Noona? Noona? Are you there?” Dooyoon called snap her thought.

“Yeah, Yes… I’m still here. About tomorrow, sure. You can come over but not too late okay. My work start at 7 p.m”

“Okay! I’ll come in the morning. See you tomorrow! Annyeong~” Doyoon end the call.

Yoonmi lock her phone screen. She let out a heavy sigh.  

Park Chanyeol huh….

*******************

Its middle January. Still winter and the weather is freaking cold with the wind blowing hard that you can feel it within your bones.

“Chanyeol-ah!! Ppalli !! Why are you so late?? Its freaking cold now.” Chen stops his bicycle and waving at Chanyeol.

Chanyeol cycle as fast as could towards Chen.

“I told you it was not a good idea cycling tonight but you won’t listen.” Reply Chanyeol. Chen choose not to reply cause Chanyeol was right.

“Just.. lets go back to dorm quickly and get warmed.” Sehun who is also there interrupt.

Chanyeol and Chen nod. They start to cycle again. It do cold right now but it feels refreshing for them because a whole day non stop schedule. Another place to another place. Its tiring for them. At least going out for a while cycling and breath in some fresh air can help to clear their thoughts from busy and tiring day.

Chanyeol look at Chen and Sehun, they were shivering and their body kept giggling. He smile alone. Then, he looks around. When his eyes landed on a particular place, Chanyeol stops cycling. He keep watching at the place. A seat beside the Han river. The place where the first time he met Yoonmi. He saved her and everything started there.

I wonder how are she doing right now. Is she doing okay? Is her wound recover? Ya! Chanyeol! What are you thinking? Why you think of her all of the sudden?  Chanyeol mumble by himself.

“Ya! Park Chanyeol ! What are you doing there? Lets go! Ppalli!!” Chen again screaming calling him.

“I’m coming!” reply Chanyeol.

Can we meet again? Can we?

**********************

“Yoonmi, could you deliver this before you going back? Here’s the address.” A worker there handed a paper to Yoonmi.

“Oh okay. No Problem.” Yoonmi took the paper with a smile. She take the bag of order and ride her bicycle.

*****************

A sound of door being open heard. Kai run to the door.

“Hyung! I ordered a chicken. Fried chicken.” Kai appear suddenly in front of Chanyeol. Chanyeol is surprised.

“Ya, Kai. Why would you order fried chicken this late night. You just eaten chicken this morning.” Chen glare at Kai.

“Hyung, don’t be angry at him. Kai always like that. He’s chicken mania, don’t you know.” Sehun hold Chen shoulder and pull him inside.

“Oh great! I feel hungry right now. Good idea Kai.” Reply Chanyeol. He take off his shoes and headed inside.

“No, hyung its not that. I order the chicken from the chicken store where Yoonmi ssi work.” As soon as Chanyeol heard Yoonmi name his eyes widen. He turn back at Kai.

“Ya! Why would you do that??!”Chanyeol grab both Kai shoulder.

“It was me that ask Kai do that.” Baekhyun appear from now where siting on sofa.

“Ya! Byun Baek! Why?” Chanyeol now turn to Baekhyun.

“Hyung, your guess was right.” Kai is already laughing behind you. Baekhyun is smiling proudly.

“What guess?” Chanyeol become weird.

“How can sleep soundly at night when my room mate kept calling a name, a girl name almost every night… How can I barely watch my best friend mind always not inside his head whenever we pass the convenient store.. Park Chanyeol ssi, you like Yoonmi ssi, don’t you?” Baekhyun stare at Chanyeol eyes. Chanyeol didn’t answer him.

“You like her…opps.. I mean you fell in love with her ” Baekhyun grin, teasing Chanyeol.

“No, I don’t” Denied Chanyeol but his heartbeats increasing.

“Don’t lie. I can see you blushing.” Continue Baekhyun. Chanyeol palm his cheek. Its hot.

“Chanyeol-ah, you can lie to other people but you can’t lie to your best friend. Admit it. You love her, don’t you?” This time Baekhyun sounds serious.

“I don’t know. .. I’m just confuse.. I .. ” Chanyeol stutter.

“Why would you confuse? Why would you don’t know? When your heart beats for her then its true.” Baekhyun somehow giving him good words.

“Well.. we just met suddenly and everything happen so suddenly and … fast… And.. she’s not even my ideal type….” Chanyeol keep mumbling.

“And..? Have anything to say again?” Baekhyun ask Chanyeol. Chanyeol remains silent.

*********

Yoonmi cycle slowly, surveying the house. She read the address many time to make sure.

Why do I felt familiar with this place? Yoonmi looks around.

Then, after a while she found the right house. Yoonmi carefully place her bicycle aside and take the delivery bag. She walk towards the door. Somehow her heart beats faster.

What’s wrong with me?

***************

“Chanyeol, chanyeol… That’s love. Love didn’t wait and we can’t even predict when do we fall in love or with whom. And also, do we need reason to love someone?” Baekhyun continue.

“If you still unsure, lets clear this tonight. If she come tonight, listen and take note what your heart says. No one know your heart better than yourself and God. I’m just helping you out.” Baekhyun curl his arm around Chanyeol shoulder.

“Thanks Baekhyun” Chanyeol smile. Baekhyun smile back.

DING DONG! DONG DONG!

“Your delivery is here” A sound come from the intercom.

“She’s here!” exclaim Kai.

“Go open the door.” Order Baekhyun.

 Chanyeol gulped. He walks towards the door. Hesitating to turn the door knob and open the door. He isn’t prepare for this. 

Is this even right? Is she really here..?

------------------------​------------------------​------------------------​------------------------​------------------------​------------------------​------------------

Dear readers and subscribers, sorry for not updating for a long long time /sobs/  I'm so sorry *bow* Lately, my mind kept bothered by something. Something that makes me super nervous and I can't think anything well. /sobs/ My exam result is coming soon, in 16 days. OhMyGee~ I'm afraid of my coming result /sobs/ I hope it will be good. 

Anyway, I'll be updating this story again tonight ;) So, yeah, double posting today. Wish me luck for my exam result. _ eunhaxoxo