What He Knows

Chrónos Camp

     “Jinah is pregnant.”

     “Hey..” Jinah whispered to Kris.

     “We’re expecting.. and I know you must be too. Right, baby?” Kris holds Jinah’s hand.

     “Oh my god, unnie, for real?” Sohee asked. “We’ll have little Kris and Jinah, I hope they’re better than their parents..” Luhan joked. They all cheered for them. In their eyes, it’s a big good news.

 

 

_____________________________

 

      Jinah dragged Kris out to the balcony. She wouldn’t stop glaring at him since he said that she’s pregnant.

     “What the hell do you mean about me being pregnant?!” Jinah pushed Kris. “If YOU want to lie. Why do you have to use me? And why that?!” she could bang her head to the wall if she could, really.

     “But I don’t!”

     She turned to him, groaned and walked closer to him. She looked at Kris sincere eyes. She hates that. She hates his eyes. “How come that was not a joke? You want to have a fight? We can just say we’re going to divorce!”

    “But you can’t Jinah!!” “Who says I can’t?! Don’t joke like a kid!”

     “I don’t..” he reached something from inside of his blazer pocket, and gave it to Jinah. “It’s ours, I found it inside the light desk drawer. And the date shows that it was taken a week ago.” Kris’ voice was shaking. Jinah looked at the ultra sound photo, she was trembled.

    “Like.. really.” Jinah sat on a bench. “As our wedding photos and marriage is not enough. I mean, how?? It’s impossible,” “It is not, we’re married. Anything can happen. Especially, THAT, of course our old-self did that! But.. uhm, you know it is awkward,” Kris bluntly said.

    “I saw it, I saw it before you came to our bedroom. I didn’t want to tell you right away, because you’re not in the right state. And after I saw this photo, and then I saw you, I feel like I’m responsible for everything in here. I mean, whatever it is, however it is, it’s our future, MY future. I don’t want to screw the ing up just about a pinch of it. And it’s yours too.. Why are we married if we don’t love each other in the first place? Maybe we’re not right now, but we don’t know the later on, and maybe for now, the past. I don’t know why are we sent here, but it means we got a chance. Maybe to fix something.. And it’s true,  if you want to blame me, you’re not wrong.”

     Jinah looked up to Kris’ face. She groaned, “I can really bang your head to the wall if we’re 17. But we’re 28 now, we’ve past 10 years unknown with each other. And I think, 28 years old Im Jinah doesn’t want to do that.”

    Kris smiled and dragged Jinah’s shoulder to go inside. “Let’s go home now, I don’t even know what will I answered more if they asked.” Kris said, they laughed. “So that is why you don’t want me to use high heels?”

 

 

_________________________________

 

 

     [You’re going first, hyung?]

     “Yeah, Jinah doesn’t feel really well.”

     [Okay then, hyung. Ah.. such a waste, we’re playing games right now!]

     Kris laughed, “Yeah, maybe next time. Thanks, Sungjae”

     [Yeah, hyung. Be careful, bye,]

     “Thanks, bye”

 

 

     “Are they okay?” Jinah asked. “Yeah, of course.” Kris answered as he tells the taxi driver the address. They sat awkwardly apart from each other. “You wrote our address in your phone?” Jinah asked. “Yes, and other stuffs too.” He smirked.

     She snorted, “I begin not to trust you, Yifan.”

     “Hm, Yifan,” he mumbled and smiled.

     “What?” Jinah said, Kris replied nothing. “Hey,” she looked at him, he looked back and signaling ‘what’. “Can I.. Can I keep this photo?” she showed the photo. “It’s ours, why do you have to ask?” he raised an eyebrow. Jinah blushed and looked away. “I should get some sleep.” “You’re funny, kid. And not as wild.” Kris snorted. Jinah threw her bag to him.

 

 

___________________________

 

 

     “We’ve arrived, sir,”

     “Oh, thank you,” he paid the fare. “Jinah, Jinah.. We’re here.” He woke her up. She opened her eyes slowly and pouted, “You disturb my slumber..” Kris smiled.

     They entered the house. Jinah threw her bag to the sofa, following herself. Kris went to the kitchen, “Hey, we haven’t properly had a dinner yet. We left early.” Jinah didn’t answer. “Kid, just wash up first, I’ll make us dinner.” Kris told her to, Jinah walked slowly to the bedroom. “I’ll make sure you come out!” now he got his answered, a BANG.

 

    “What are you making?” she dragged herself to the dining room. “You’re here? Just sit,” Kris prepared the food. “Yifan, who else are eating, are they coming here?” her eyes popped seeing variables of food on the table. “Just us, there are so many things inside the fridge and I don’t know what kind of food do you like.” He eats a sliced of beef, but she whines. “What? We won’t waste anything. I’m hungry, you’re hungry, eat.”

     “Yes, I’m hungry.. and I want the beef.”

     “Why don’t you say?”

     “Don’t try to be nice just because of what happened.”

     “I am nice, reliable, handsome, smart, and other good things, unlike you.”

     They finished their meal. Just like what Kris said, they didn’t waste a thing. “Your meal didn’t taste as delicious as it looks, but its okay” she nodded. “Ya, Im Jinah, how could you eat twice of my portion?!” Kris protested. “You’re feeding 2 people here! Remember? I’m so hungry.. I could eat you,” Kris sighed.

     “Yifan..”

     “Uhm?”

     “Do you want to go with me tomorrow?”

     “Where to? We don’t have anywhere to go,” he chuckled.

     “Just let me drive moron.” Jinah pointed her fork to him. “Can YOU drive?” “Ck! Do not underestimate me!” she got up and places the dishes to the kitchen. “I’ll call the mechanics in the morning then.” Kris went to the living room. He heard a cheer came from the kitchen.

 

 

_________________________

 

 

     Kris came back from their room with a pillow and a blanket. “What are you doing?” Jinah asked him. “Preparing for my bed?” Kris put the pillow and blanket on the sofa. Jinah came to the living room. “You’re going to sleep here?” Jinah asked. Kris nodded.

     “You can sleep in the bedroom. What’s wrong?”

     “Are you okay with a guy sleeping beside you? THIS guy??”

     “I mean.. You’re my husband, technically. And we’re rivals, will you even touch someone that you don’t like?” 

     Kris raised an eyebrow. “And this is my pillow!” she snatched the pillow with a frown and went to the bedroom.

      Kris opened the bedroom door, he saw Jinah who was switching channels on tv. “Okay, I’ll sleep here.” Kris looked at her, but when she looked back, he turned and looking at random directions. He crawls up beside her. Their bed is bigger than the king size, maybe its custom made.

     “I’m not... I’m not the one who called the teachers when you’re late on our first day,” he confessed. “It’s right that I saw you, but a guy beside me who called the teachers. They even thought that I was the one who called. When they asked me where the girl is, I cannot lie. I’m sorry” he looked at Jinah.

     “Me too, about your lunch. I did prepared the luch for our class that time. But I didn’t put anything to the dishes. Especially glass,” she chuckled. “As I found out, the kitchen’s window was broken by the baseball team. The ball accidentally hit it. And to think about it, maybe the broken pieces of it got into some meals. Yours,” she grinned.

     “I was almost hospitalized, and that day we had a basketball competition.” He chuckled. “I’m really sorry,” “Like what you said, it’s not your fault,”

     They turned into an awkward silence. Jinah sighed, she slides down into the blanket. “You’re going to sleep?” Kris asked. “No, my back hurts,” Jinah faced the other side. “How come we’re here? What happened to us?” Jinah asked. “I don’t know if I should believe or not, but I think the well thing brought us here.” Kris said with his eyes fixed on the TV.

     “Chrónos? You said you don’t believe it. And why us? We could just die in there, just like the unlucky people,” Jinah said as she playing with her hair. “Do you want to die?” Kris snorted, “Yes, I didn’t believe it, but after what happened, mind blown.” He chuckled.

     “What.. Did you think about, when Eunji and Sohee tell the story?” Jinah asked.

     “You?”

     “The future of my family.. And I get it now, why are we in this situation. And.. When I know my current self is expecting, I was scared. Because I have to believe the story that it’s real. I’m not only traveling the time with you, but.. You are one of the people I was thinking of. My family..” Jinah told him. “AAAH I’m going crazy!” she’s pulling her hair, she thought it was so cheesy and crappy, it’s true.

     Kris let a little laugh, “Me too. You’re in my thoughts that time. But not as what you were, but what as you are right now.” He lies down. Their backs facing each other.

     “Kris, are you sleeping?”

     “Please call me, Yifan,”

     Kris turned around, already seeing Jinah lied facing the ceiling. Jinah closed her eyes, Kris followed her, “Goodnight, Jinah”