Where When What How?

Chrónos Camp

     “AAH—“

     Kris looked at around him. Wondering, what happened, where he is, what time is it, and how he could get here. Looked quite fancy, but still minimalist, this room looks very comfortable for him. But to think about it, how could he get here? Was someone saw him somewhere and bring him to a hotel or cottage? No.. This looks more like hotel, but homier.. He saw a woman’s dress behind the door, he didn’t mind it. He just banged his head back to his pillow.

     All he remembered was, Jinah and him were arguing (again) inside the forest they walked to. And then, they just slipped or fall into something. Wait.. Where’s Jinah?!

     Someone beside Kris woke up. She got up like she was stricken by lightning. Jinah.. She brushed her hair with her long fingers. Kris sits up, “Jinah..?” But she screamed by his touch. She backed up almost falling from the bed. “No, no, Jinah! It’s me! Kris..” she looked at Kris, there’s something a bit different with the usual Kris. But she still believes that it’s him, she can see that her nemesis is still there.

     Jinah looked at her surroundings.. Her thought was the same as Kris’ was. “Where.. Are we?”

     “I don’t know too, let’s find out.” They finally got up together and looked at each other, strangely. “Kris.. Why are you half .. And.. You look buff— I mean, a little bit different,” Jinah scanned him up and down. “You too.. You’re wearing a night.. Ah, no. Forget it.”

     “ie.”

     “What are you then?”

     They both walked out to see what can they have as a clue where can they be. “Kris, why do I feel kinda strange.. I feel something is not really good.” Jinah tugged on Kris without realizing.

     “This house is kind of comfortable though.. But I think there’s no one here.”

     “How about we split up, I’ll go right you’ll go left,”

     Kris agreed. He just decides to go back to the bedroom and search for something in the closet. Jinah looking at the walls and tables, there are photos of her and Kris which they’ve never been taken. What? Photos of Jinah and Kris? Jinah looked up to the wall..

 

 

_______________________

 

 

     “Jinah! Can you come here?”

     Jinah doesn't answer him, so he walked out of the room and find Jinah puzzled at a sight. “Jinah, I found some certificates and a marriage certificate. I think the owners of this house are a couple.”

    “Kris..” Jinah turned Kris’ head to look at the wall. “WE are the owner of this house..”

    Kris turned his head back to look at Jinah who’s almost in tears. “Jinah.. What the hell Jinah! Why are you crying?!”

     “Why.. how.. WHY YOU?! FROM ALL OF MEN IN THIS WORLD. YOU?!” Jinah squat and cry harder.

    “What the fu-HEY!  Do you hate me that much? Am I that bad in your eyes?!” Kris folds his arm.

    “Hey, hey, what if you’re the one who chased me all this time? Huh? What will you do? You know, I’m not that bad! Girls chasing me okay? I’ve been in a relationship before! I’m not that sly, I’m not a playboy, my grades are good, my family is fine! Ugh, I don’t even know myself right now.”

     But somehow, Kris felt bad and confused like her too. Who doesn’t frustrated knowing you’re married with someone you don’t love right after you woke up? “G-Get up,” he poked Jinah’s feet with his. But Jinah refuse to. “Ah whatever.” Kris went back to the bedroom, messing with his hair and groaned.

 

 

___________________

 

 

     Kris was busy looking at those certificates, house, land, and other certificate. But what distract him the most was the marriage certificate that he took before he came out to see Jinah. He opened the certificate, he saw their names and photos, signature, he don’t want to believe, but this is the fact.

     They married 8 years after they graduate, in the age of 25. He didn’t know how old is he right now, 25 or older.. It doesn’t matter how old is he now, all that he has to know. How come they’re in the future? He saw a familiar book between those files, soft leather book..

     “Kris..” Jinah came in to the room. He quickly put all those files back in the closet. “Yeah?” Jinah sat across Kris, leaning to the bed.

     “Sorry for earlier, I just feel like I need to cry.” Jinah slightly pouted. Kris smiled, he arrange the files in the closet. “Hey.. Are you listening?”  “Yes, mistress,” he smirked. “Are you teasing me?” Jinah kicked him, he chuckled. “What? It’s true, you’re a mistress now. Right?”

 

   DRRT DRRRRT

     “Whose phone is that?” They looked at each other. They rushed to search for the phone. “AH! I got it!” Jinah took the phone under the pillow.

Jung Eunji

     “He-hello?”

     [“Hello! Oppa! Are you and Jinah unnie ready yet? I’m going to your house right now,’]

     “Eun..Eunji? Jung Eunji?!”

     [“Oh unnie! Are you ready yet?”]

     “To where?”

     [“Dinner with the others! Didn’t Sungjae tell you? He told me to pick you up because your cars are broken. Aigoo, how come you have 2 cars but both of them are broken. Luhan oppa already reserved the place. Unnie, get ready okay?”]

     “O-okay, okay,”

     [“Okay, bye unnie!”]

 

     “Eunji?” Kris asked. Jinah nodded, Kris sat beside her, “What did she said? Does she know we’re not ourselves? I mean, yeah, you know,” “No, she still think that we’re.. Old. She said something about going on a dinner with others. She said, Sungjae supposed to tell us about it, and Luhan already reserved the place, and she’ll come to pick us up.”

“Place? Where? Wait, pick us up? We don’t have any car?!” Kris asked again.

“Ugh, I don’t know! She said something about our cars are broke down, so she’ll pick us.”

     Kris looked down to his hands and feet. “So some part of what we said last night was right.. About our group being friends.” “Yeah some,” Jinah buried her face in her hand.

     “Jinah, give me my phone,”

     “How do you know it’s your phone?” Jinah frowned.

     “I always put my phone under my pillow,” He took the phone from her hand. “Do you know how much radiation a phone can give you? You could die just by placing your gadget on the wrong place,” of course Kris wouldn’t listen to Jinah’s nagging.

     He got up, “Jinah, hear me, we’re currently 28 years old. We’ve been married for 3 years. And I worked as a detective, I don’t know if I’m good at it or not, but just by looking at our house, we kinda got it there. And you, you’re in your fashion industry, like always. And if they asked something about us, just act normal.” Kris looked as serious as ever.

     Jinah only looked down. She got up in a flash and walked to the bathroom. “It’s weird to hear something like that you know. Now get ready because Eunji is coming,” stubborn as she is, but Kris sure, she was blushed.

     Kris knocked the bathroom,“Ya, where should I take a shower then?!”

     “Just search one! This house is huge.”

     “Okay if it is like that, but my towel? Toothbrush, shampoo and soap?” Kris couldn’t be this satisfied mocking and teasing his nemesis in this state.

     “Don’t peek! Turn your body except your hand!”

     “Hmm, come on, Eunji is on the way,” he can hear her groan from outside, he smirked.

     Jinah gave his stuffs one by one, “You know, I look fatter now. Being older sure is .” Kris chuckled, “But you look the same.” “Are you saying I look fat even before?!” Kris laughed and just keeps signaling her to give his stuffs. His hand touched her steamy wet wrist. Jinah’s twitched a bit, but Kris took the soap coolly.

     “I’ll go shower,” Kris knocked at the door once. “Yeah, Whatever”

 

 

____________________

 

 

     They finished showering, Kris went to the main bathroom. Jinah was drying her hair in their room. “Jinah, did you see a razor or something?” “On the bathroom sink table, just look for it.”

     “No where!” Jinah walked to the bathroom and take the razor on the table, “Really? You’re a ditective?” Kris takes the razor and begins to shave. “There are too many new makeup brands and types. Ugh,” “Then don’t buy more,” Kris rolled his eyes, Jinah snorted, “It’s not me who buys them, it’s my 28 years old self! And girls put on makeup not only to attract people, but for ourselves too.”

     “You’ll look the same, Jinah.” Kris walked out as he put on a white plain t-shirt. “God, how come I’m married to this guy? I bet I wasn’t in love with him. A ert jerk like him!”

     “I can hear you.”

     Jinah groaned.