Backstage

The Private Life Of Vernon Chwe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Although Ae Ri seemed really pretty from afar, neither Jungkook nor Vernon nor any BTS or Seventeen members for that matter had ever heard about her before this ceremony. Her smile was really pretty and she seemed like she really had herself together for someone who looked that young.

 

"Have you heard of her before?" asked V generally to the group, sitting on the far left corner. 

 

"No," said Jimin. She was quite petite and Jimin always had a thing for girls who were short since he himself doesn't come upto a lot.

She soon walked down and back to her seat while BTS's attention moved on to the next idol who was nominated, not thinking about her much, but still being surprised at a korean artist they had never heard of before here in Japan winning prestigious awards. Must be due to sudden popularity she must have gained overnight.

 

Vernon, being on his phone, quickly typed her name down on google to look her up, being in the same position as his hyungs. Her page popped up, and a lot of pictures of her at concerts and fansigns also came up. Vernon looked down at her age.

 

"99 liner.." he thought as he read her birthyear.

 

Right then, his eyes caught with the date written right next to her birthyear.

 

"18th February?" his eyebrows bent up. Quite a surprise. First Dokyeom and now this girl. She shared the same birthday as him, something out of the usual that caught his eye even more. He was more curious to know about her than BTS at this moment because not only did she seem very familiar to Vernon, she also had the same birthday as him.

 

But looking at the amount of people that cheered for her, it doesn't seem like she's just anyone. Winning an oscar is beyond winning #1 at Mcountdown. He sighed at the thought of not ever going to meet her, because it was expected, she must be a really popular and well-doing star, beyond Vernon's own imagination.

There were just so many things about her that surprised a person, one after another. 

 

But Jungkook on the other hand was far more competitive than Vernon.

 

People loved him and although he was modest about it, he couldn't ignore the fact that he knew he wasn't just anyone. He didn't disregard himself as Vernon did, since Jungkook was still sitting in the same hall as Kim Ae Ri, so it shouldn't mean she's any greater, right?

 

To describe Jungkook in terms of desperation, once Jungkook wants something, he really wants it.

The challenges that say he can't or he wouldn't just makes him want to get to it even more. In a way, he was more evidentally attracted to things he didn't have as compared to things he had, which he repelled.

 

A lot of times when he'd date girls they'd get too obsessive and their charm would just vanish. Jungkook would eventually just break up after that without looking back. Vernon on the other hand hadn't dated anybody since middle school since he was a trainee under pledis at age 14.

 

After some more chatter in the room, the usual the dongsaengs have, the older ones left Dino, Seungkwan and Vernon in the room, out of which Dino did not originally belong in this room because his roomie was DK. But Dino planned to tag along for a while.

 

"When I was younger," Dino began as Seungkwan joined Vernon's bed where the other two dongsaengs sat, chatting random late-night talks.

 

"My mom would make me these bracelets for me to wear but they would just be too girly," he said as he had some cheetos. A bag was kept in the middle while Vernon and Seungkwan sat around it, Vernon still being half .

 

"Doesn't Sofia also make hand-made bracelets?" Seungkwan pointed out to Vernon, since he had seen Sofia and Vernon's mom make little jewelleries often, even having videos on YouTube of them teaching other kids in the neighbourhood making a few, since Vernon's mom is a teacher.

Other than that, Seungkwan knew Vernon and his family the best because he was the closest to him.

 

"She never makes me any, don't ask me," Vernon smiled at the diss he made that followed laughter from Dino and Seungkwan.

 

 The only time she ever made him a bracelet was when they were much younger, back in the trainee days when she made one for him before he left to stay at the Seventeen Dorm. She made him a small beaded bracelet with his initial HC over them. But the bracelet was too small for him to wear it and he eventually lost it.

But no way was he telling such a stupid incidicent as an answer to the question he was asked.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter