#6 - Incurable

Jisica Oneshots

#6 - Incurable

Plot: He thought she was dead for good, but he couldn't have been more wrong. He should've known how very possible it is for a queen is just as strong as a king. 

(Jisica as vampire King and Queen with a very... interesting history)

Genre: Supernatural, vampire!au, angst

Word Count: 3,070

Notes: Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

Warning:  Mention of violence and blood and all of that stuff

 


Jessica gasps, her eyes wide with terror as she stares up at the sky canopied by overhead trees. Light. She hasn't seen it for centuries. Quite frankly, she hasn't seen anything for centuries. She was dead. Well... as dead as an immortal being could be.

She chokes as she grasps onto her coffin, the other hand holding onto her neck. It feels like only a second ago, she was being pressed up against the wall, her beloved Jiyong's knife at the very edge of . She looks around at an unfamiliar forest, all senses in hyperdrive. She smells everything: the pine, the soil, the house a few miles away... the body in it. Her eyes glow red with hunger and her fangs protract as she takes it all in. The blood. Sweet... blood.

She climbs out of the coffin and looks around, completely lost, without a sense of direction other than where the blood draws her. Her satin dress drags across the dirt as she steps with bare feet. Her eyes shoot up at the sky as a hawk passes overhead, then at the deer racing past behind her back. Given the last events she remembers, blood shouldn't be the only thing on her mind, but it is. Actually... it makes a lot of sense that it is.

She looks over her shoulder at the stone coffin she'd stepped out of, the gaping hole beside it, and a large mountain of dirt large enough to double her height.

But how. No, who... who did this to her?

Before she can really think about it, she senses movement, the beating of a healthy heart, and she takes off toward it before she can let it drive her wild, wilder than she already is. It only takes two seconds for her to end up at the front door of a cabin, and half a second for her to knock down the door and sink her teeth into the neck of whoever's living there. She's too fast for nothing more than a muted gasp to escape the lips of the young man she has her arms wrapped around. Her eyes flutter closed as she gulps down his blood, his body falling limp in her arms.

She doesn't care that she has made a mess of herself, that she looks barbaric, and now her dress is ruined from streams of blood running down the sides of . Resting... dying for so long has reduced her to this. She just needs to stop the pounding in her head.

She drops the body to the floor, wipes her lips with the back of her hand, and takes her last swallow of remaining blood still pooled in . The entire front of her white dress is now completely soaked with blood and her eyes flutter closed as she lets its sweet, warm scent invade her senses.

It's only when she hears the deep chuckle on the opposite end of the room does she finally open her eyes. Seunghyun's lips pull into an amused smirk as he catches the sharp red glow in her eyes, her fangs still out even though she's already finished her meal.

"Welcome back, my Queen."

 

 

 

She doesn't have any scars from it, and of course she wouldn't, but that doesn't mean she doesn't know exactly what happened, where exactly his blade cut and the last words he said to her. The gaps she doesn't know, Seunghyun fills in for her.

"Jiyong... he knew you disagreed with him on many things," he says as Jessica sits down, her elegance and beauty fully restored now that she's had time to settle. She has on a brand new dress, and apparently this is the style now: slim fitted, and she can't complain; she always hated those heavy dresses from the former era she lived in. She's in Seunghyun's office, which is drastically different from what she remembered it to be, though that's not what's on her mind now. "He cut you up and stuck you a hundred feet underground so that you wouldn't heal, not if you didn't have help to reassemble, at least, which is why he didn't tell anyone where he left you. He's been ruling on his own ever since. As you may assume, he's become a sort of a tyrant."

Jessica raises her chin and she barely looks at Seunghyun, as if none of this really matters to her, this is just a way to sate her curiosity. "My husband always was too selfish, too cynical for his own good."

Seunghyun nods. "It only took me this long because I didn't know where he had you buried. He tried his best to make sure you'd never be found, but of course there are ways."

Jessica's expression is unchanging as she looks back at him, her face with a complete lack of emotion. Inside, she feels nothing. Jessica's always held this cold exterior and it doesn't stop there, either. She's completely cold through and through. Seunghyun's lips raise the slightest bit. She's perfect for him. Jiyong. The King. The tyrant. She still is, and he doesn't mean for love.

"You're his assistant," Jessica replies, her eyes narrowing the slightest. "Why would you want to do this?"

Seunghyun smiles as he leans forward, his hands folding themselves on the grain of his desk. "Well, I want to take the throne. And I want you to kill him for me. Shouldn't be too hard, right?"

 

 

 

 

Jessica has no home to go to, but it isn't too hard for her to find a decent apartment already furnished for her. She gets a free meal out of it, too.

She digs through whoever's closet it is and is pleasantly surprised to find their clothes fit her, too. She changes into a maroon corset-type top and a pair of tight black pants. Despite recent (or not recent) events, her body has never looked better. It's a shame Jiyong did what he did when he did it.

She doesn't know what to do, but decides maybe she should accustom herself with the ins and outs of the modern world. With a naturally sharp mind like hers and a hyperintelligent vampire mind, this isn't too hard to accomplish. It also helps that her recent victim's apartment has a lot of books about that sort of thing. It's from her victim's computer, as a matter of fact, that she manages to track down one of her closest friends, Tiffany Hwang. She always knew keeping her private life from Jiyong would come in handy.

"Oh my god!!" Tiffany screams as she throws her arms around Jessica. "It's really you!! You look great!"

Jessica allows herself a smile as she walks into Tiffany's house. It's a mansion, really. It's a relief she lives alone and that her relationship with Seungri apparently ended and now she has this entire place just to herself. Jessica sits down across of Tiffany in her parlor and chuckles airily. "You won't believe what Jiyong did."

"Oh, I know a lot," Tiffany says as she sits down, a cup of warm blood in her porcelain mug. "Why do you think I'm so far out here?"

Jessica nods and looks around. It's not exactly unnoticeable, but Tiffany has never been the type to go for modest. "He killed me. Or at least tried to, anyway."

"Doesn't surprise me," Tiffany says as she brings her mug up to her lips. Her lips are a similar shade as the blood in her mug. "You should see him now. He's never been crazier. No one can stand in his path without getting torn to shreds."

Jessica rolls her eyes. "I'm going to kill him."

"You know, that's not such a bad idea," Tiffany replies as she crosses her legs.

 

 

 

 

Jiyong laces his arms over his chest and looks down the room, down to the edge of an empty table. His meals are always like this -- empty -- but he's not lonely. He lifts his newspaper back up and reads an article about a sudden stream of what was described as "gruesome animal attacks" in the city. Animals in the city? He raises an eyebrow and turns the page. "Hm."

Just then, he hears footsteps and looks up to see his assistant, Youngbae, standing at the edge of the table, all the way on the other side of the room. "My King."

Jiyong sets down his newspaper and gestures him over with a slight wave of his hand. "How is she?"

Youngbae walks up to his side and clears his throat. Jiyong eyes him carefully now and tilts his head to the side. "Well, what is it?"

Yesterday was April 18th, the day of Jessica's birthday. Every year, he sends Youngbae to check on Jessica's body, and today is April 19th.

"It seems as though she's not there anymore," Youngbae says as he looks into Jiyong's eyes, an expression of uncertainty radiating off of every inch of his body. "I saw loose soil."

"Seems?" Jiyong says, and to Youngbae's surprise, his expression hasn't changed at all.

Youngbae nods. "I'm not sure how it happened. It looks recent."

Jiyong nods and gestures him away. When the room is finally empty, Jiyong sits back against his chair and a slight curve works its way to the ends of his lips. "Welcome back, my beloved."

Jessica's standing behind his chair, and he doesn't need to turn around to know it's her. That scent of vanilla. It's been centuries since he's smelled it, but it's distinctly hers. "You've misbehaved, Jiyong."

"Yes, well I've gotten a lot done," Jiyong says as Jessica circles around his chair and sits at the edge of the table. He smiles as he notices she's as perfect as ever. Her skin looks like silk against a blanket of luscious black hair. Her slim body is wrapped in a long, velvet dress, and he reaches out and takes hold of her hand, his fingers running over her knuckles. "I've missed your presence, darling."

Jessica takes her hand away and her lips pull into a slight smirk. "You have. I'm impressed. Seems you were right about something."

Jiyong raises an eyebrow in amusement. "Oh?"

"No one is as powerful as you," Jessica continued as she let her fingers graze the grain of the table. Jiyong's ego's rising. Everything she says sounds so... sensual. A compliment from Jessica isn't at all easy to get. "I should've listened."

Jiyong smirks as he gets up from his chair and pulls himself between her thighs. He's wanted to get close to her as soon as he saw her, but he has more dignity than that. He's a man of power. He leans into her and sets his palms on the table by her hips. "I always knew you'd come around. When I did what I did, it was for your own good."

Jessica sets her palm on his cheek, as light as a feather, just enough to make him shiver but not as much as he wants. "Of course. The King knows best."

Jiyong chuckles deeply as he lets his lips drag down her neck down to her shoulder. Her scent is intoxicating. He wants to bite her so badly, but he doesn't want to jump the gun.

Jessica smirks as she buries her hand in his hair and presses his face into her. "Go ahead. I'm yours."

Jiyong sinks his teeth into her shoulder and she exhales breathily, a purr escaping the back of .

Just where she wants him.

 

 

 

 

She chuckles sadistically as she falls against the bed, Jiyong's lips hungry for her, hungrier than they'd ever been. She wraps her legs around his waist and grasps the headboards, letting him have his satisfaction, letting his ego swell.

This is how the entire day lasts and she realizes the King does have his weakness.

Her.

Even if he may not love her, he needs her in his own way, and that's worth a lot more.

 

 

 

 

It's dinner and Jiyong holds his glass up to Jessica, who's all the way at the opposite end of the table. She wears silk scarlet, her delicate neck holding the weight of diamonds. She's his, at last. She never used to be this compliant, she never worshiped him like this, and maybe if it didn't swell his ego so much, he would've been suspicious. But he's not. Not when he knows he's right and that, sooner or later, everyone comes around. 

"A toast to my Queen," he says as he lifts his glass and she raises hers.

She leans ever so slightly on her palm and smiles, her chin raised elegantly to show the supple flesh of her neck. She takes a sip and her lips slowly, tantalizingly. "To my King."

He smiles, satisfied. If he's going to indulge himself in someone, at least it's someone he has full control over. He could never properly love her then, with her disagreeing with him at every chance he got, but this Jessica... this Jessica is quite the improvement.

"I've been thinking," he says as he sets down his glass and wipes his lips. "I wanted to make it up to you for all of those centuries you spent dead."

"Oh?" Jessica says as she sets down her glass. She lets her fingers sweep across the diamonds on her necklace and then she lets her fingers trail down to the cleavage in her dress. "But I thought this was my present?"

Jiyong's fingers squeeze into fists. Ever since she returned, he hasn't been able to be around her without wanting to jump her bones. He smiles slightly. "I want to have a baby. I know how much you always wanted one."

Across the table, Jessica suppresses a smirk. That was then when she was head over heels for him, a brainless child. Now she has other thoughts on her mind. That dream disappeared ages ago. But she won't let him know that, she won't tell him that he's wrong. She takes a sip of her drink and breaks into a chuckle. "Well given how busy we've been, I'm sure we won't have to try at all."

Jiyong chuckles amusedly and now he's behind Jessica's chair, his arms wrapping around her shoulders, his thumb rubbing light circles on her shoulder. She wraps a hand around his wrist and smiles.

 

 

 

 

 

Tonight's the night. Jessica finds Jiyong sleeping in his study and she has an idea. She eyes him carefully, her finger tracing down his nose to his lips. He doesn't move, but she knows better. She wants to take her time.

She gently straddles his hips and throws her hair over her shoulder. She's wearing an ivory satin robe loosely tied to her body. She tugs aside Jiyong's necktie and s the first few buttons of his shirt. Just as she reaches the third button, his hand fastens around her wrist. He opens his eyes and looks into her eyes. "What are you doing?"

Jessica lets her robe give away from her shoulder and she notices Jiyong's eyes fall down to her exposed skin. His eyes look back up to her and she leans in, lips tugging on his earlobe. "I just wanted to taste you."

Jiyong's eyes fall hooded as he nods, his voice rough. "All you had to do was ask, my love."

She doesn't know why, but it changes her a little to see him lean back in his chair, no amount of caution in his expression, in any fiber of his body. Maybe if he weren't so power-hungry, he'd be able to love her properly, and maybe then Jessica would be able to love him, too.

But no, this is just a game of cat and mouse, a constant reversal of roles where no one can ever win.

No. Tonight Jessica will win. Jiyong has won enough centuries. This is hers.

She sinks her teeth into his neck and sets her palm on his chest, remind herself that he has no heart to feel. And neither does she.

His body relaxes under hers and that's when she pulls out the knife she had tucked away in her garter-belt. She takes her fangs out of him and kisses his neck, dragging her lips up to his ear. "I'm sorry, my love. It's for your own good."

Just as Jiyong's body tenses, she drives the knife right into his throat. 

 

 

 

 

Jessica puts the last shovel of soil over Jiyong's grave before ripping the diamonds off of her neck and tossing it onto the soil. "Now it's time for me to have my fun."

Seunghyun chuckles from behind her. "Good job, my Queen. As expected, it wasn't difficult at all."

Jessica turns around and raises an eyebrow at Seunghyun. He shoves his hands in his pockets and sighs. "I'll remember to take great care of you when I ascend to the throne.

Jessica bats a lash as she turns to Seunghyun and grins. "I changed my mind. I'm taking the throne for myself."

Seunghyun's smile drops from his face, but it's too late. Jessica already has her knife out.

 

 

 

Jessica looks down at the room, down to the edge of an empty table. It's August 19th, the day after Jiyong's birthday. It's been a nice five-hundred years spent without him. She has to admit, it's a little easy to turn into a tyrant given the power. The vampire world is lucky they've only had to deal with one of them at a time rather than both.

She's about to glance down at her newspaper when she hears footsteps dragging across the floor on the other side of the room. She looks up.

Jiyong has a stream of blood down the front of his shirt, fresh blood. He gulps down what's still left in his mouth and Jessica cranes her neck, noticing the maid lying on the tile by the door.

She looks back at Jiyong and watches as one end of his lips pulls up into a sinister smirk.

"Honey, I'm home."