#5 - Strictly Business

Jisica Oneshots

#5 - Strictly Business

PlotJessica has an important job interview, but she's sort of stumped when she swears the guy interviewing her is the same guy she fell into bed with the night before -- the same one she ditched this morning.

Genre: Idk idk

Word Count: 5,920

Notes: This is for the person who posted on my wall. Thanks for reminding me that this fic had the potential to be classified as a fossil. 

Warning:  It's not , but there's mention


 

It's not everyday you find Jessica Jung in a bar, but when you do you can expect it to be quite an interesting night. Tonight is no different.

She leans over the sleek black bar counter, slender fingers working at the cherry in her glass. She hates cherries, but they keep her hands moving, and so every time she orders a drink, she makes sure to get one.

"It's not everyday you find a girl alone in a bar," a male voice says beside her and she looks to see a twenty-something year-old guy with sharp eyes and frosty white hair. He's handsome, but he's also the obvious type of handsome, which means he knows it, and he probably expects her to know it, too. "You must have a reason to be here."

Jessica chuckles, eyes drifting away from him and on nothing else in particular. To answer his question, yes she does have a certain reason to be here, but no, she's not telling him what it is. First of all, it's none of his business, and second of all, she doesn't feel like telling him that it's because she misses her loser douche bag of an ex-boyfriend. 

"You don't see girls alone in bars often because they usually get hit on by creepy men," she answers, pressing her lips tight as she stares straight ahead. "So it's a good thing I can take care of myself."

"Well then I guess it's a good thing you're talking to me," the guy replies, leaning against the bar counter in a similar position as her. "I'm not a creep and I'm not going to hit on you."

Even if she's not looking at him, she catches enough of his scent to draw her own conclusions about him. He has a fresh, but manly scent, one that seems too rich and extravagant for a place like this. It makes her curious enough to take another look at him, like that'll make a difference. The guy looks back at her, thin lips curling up into a curious sort of smile that seems like it knows something she doesn't. 

She looks away, shaking her head as she gestures to the bartender for another drink. "Oh, really? Because this seems an awful lot like you're hitting on me."

The man laughs softly as he his head to the side. "Just because I'm talking to a woman I find attractive doesn't mean I'm hitting on her."

Jessica takes a sip of her drink, tongue swiping over her lower lip. The whiskey's strong, but it's exactly what she's looking for. She looks back over at the guy she's talking to. "You know, subtley dropping in small things here and there like I'm attractive and it's a good thing I'm talking to you isn't actually subtle."

The man nods, eyes narrowing in on hers as his smile turns to an amused smirk. "Do you always give men such a hard time?"

"I'm not picky with my victims, but it seems like men always victimize themselves more often than others," Jessica replies sharply, raising an eyebrow at him. The man should've been put off by now -- or at least she expected him to -- but if anything these little back and forths make him even more amused. At least her punching bag for tonight is having some sort of fun. The people Jessica toys with never quite deserve the treatment they get.

"What did I do to deserve your company?" the man replies, his smile now revealing a beautiful set of perfectly white teeth. Is there anything not perfect about this man? Rather than appreciating him for his looks, it almost makes Jessica sick to look at him. He may not be purposely showing himself off, but in any case, he is.

"It's unfortunate, isn't it?" Jessica replies, taking another sip of her whiskey. She feels the intoxication run from her chest down to her fingertips, and maybe it's this that makes her smile a little. It could just as likely be something else, though.

The man replies after a sip from his own drink. "I'd say it's quite the opposite."

 

---

 

Jessica takes extreme measures to make her life sane. She drinks her coffee black, she exercises for an hour everyday, and she schedules a spa day every few or so weeks. But the one thing that Jessica takes extreme pride in is her sleep time. She loves her california king bed, her soft white pillows, and her fluffy porcelain white sheets.

So this is exactly why it's not the massive hangover that wakes her up, or the fact that she's woken up a few hours late, but the fact that she's been sleeping this entire time in someone else's bed. Someone else's rock hard, not-enough-pillows, random arm around her waist, bed.

Her eyes flutter open as a beam of light hits her right in the face. Gosh, that would never happen in her own apartment. She rubs the heels of her palms into her eyes and winces as a headache follows, the overwhelming urge to throw up trailing not too far behind. Both of these horrible feelings she surpresses when another thing hits her.

The right next to her. The tattooed arm dangling around her waist -- her bare waist. She almost screams, but it comes out a strangled gasp instead, and she's glad it's turned out that way. God forbid the guy next to her wake up. 

Who is he anyway?

A blur of events drag through her mind and she closes after the recap finally passes through. Oh, right. That cocky white haired guy who smelled amazing and had nice teeth, but also looked like he knew how attractive he was.

The worst kind of man, Jessica thinks as she grimaces.

She carefully pries his arm away from her tiny waist and almost wants to cling to his bedsheets around her bare body until she reaches home until she remembers he's tangled in them too and no, you can't wear bedsheets on the subway. She palms the ground for her clothing and finds everything except for her bra. Oh, great. Now he's going to wake up and find her bra somewhere and he'll remember a lot of other things he's undeserving of. She looks around at his apartment and finds sleek, grey walls furnished with sharp geometric furniture that look like they would fit well in some expensive interior design magazine. Jessica has other things to worry about, but the architect side of her forces herself to admire it for a moment. After the moment's gone, she's back to looking for that other shoe.

She mumbles a curse word under her breath as she slips on her dress. She has a job interview in a few hours, and even though she's good enough to kill it with half of her brain, she'd rather just skip it altogether and soak all day long in her bathtub. Workaholic side of Jessica -- which is most of her -- knows that's out of the question. 

She slings her purse around her shoulder and hugs her stilettos to her chest, slipping out of his apartment before the guy has the time to realize she's not even in his bed.

 

---

 

Jiyong's a little disappointed to see that the girl from the bar ditched him before he had the chance to ditch her, but he should probably be relieved she took the hint that nothing will come from this little fling they had. She was an interesting girl to tinker with, but old habits die hard, and Jiyong has a few habits that make him a certified womanizer. With a job as boring as his, he just has to have an interesting personal life to balance it out. Even though he should've seen this coming given how strong and confident she'd been when he approached her, he has to admit, this sort of took a hit to his pride.

He climbs out of bed, pulls on a pair of pants, and eyes his crumpled sheets with an amused smirk. Well that was fun. He wishes he got her number so they could maybe do this again, but it can't be helped that he didn't. Besides, when some things are great, sometimes it's best for them to stay as one time things.

He's taking a shower when Seunghyun calls, and he answers, knowing very well that he'll be pissed if he doesn't. "Yeah?"

"I know you're the damn boss, but three hours late? Really?" Seunghyun has that unamused, flat tone, but Jiyong knows better than to undermine it.

"Yeah, I had a very interesting night," Jiyong replies, curiously eyeing the hickey on his shoulder. "You should've seen her, Seunghyun. You'd probably like her. She's sort of like you."

Seunghyun sighs exaggeratedly. "You have an interview today with Ms. Jung. Please don't be late for that."

Jiyong his head to the side, letting the hot water hit against his sore back. Right. It almost slipped his mind. Ever since Youngbae decided to move to the states and start his own company, they'd been looking for someone to replace him. So far they'd all been hit and misses, though Jessica Jung did have an impressive resume when he gave it a look over. 

"Of course I won't, you know how seriously I take my job," Jiyong replies casually. "I'm going to hang up now so I can get ready okay?"

Seunghyun's a few words into his rant when Jiyong ends the call to wrap a towel around his waist.

 

---

 

All it takes is a hot shower, a nice clean outfit, and a quick nap for Jessica to be in good condition. Well, better condition. She still has a hangover and a hickey that's stubborn to cover up, but other than that she has other things to worry about.

Like the job interview she has right now.

She sits in the front office, one leg crossed over the other as she glances around at the place. You can tell an expert architect designed the place, and she can't help but be impressed by the style of it. It's unique, it's smartly built, and it's right up her alley. Maybe she should be taking this job interview more seriously than she is. Well, at least she dressed well. She's wearing a maroon dress that lies against her pale skin nicely and shows off the form of her body well while at the same time preserving its professionalism when paired with diamond earrings and a rose gold watch.

Her eyes are straight forward when the door swings open and a man -- Choi Seunghyun is the name he introduced himself with -- steps out, giving her a tight smile. "Ms. Jung, Mr. Kwon is ready to meet with you."

Jessica gets up with a short nod and follows Seunghyun down a hallway of doors until she reaches one at the very end. The name 'Kwon Jiyong' is printed in bold on a black nameplate with gold font on the front of a closed door. Seunghyun stops before it and gestures for her to go through. "Even though Mr. Kwon likes to be addressed by his first name, it'd be best if you addressed him simply as Mr. Kwon. It keeps everything professional."

Jessica raises an eyebrow, not sure why that's as important as he's making it out to seem, but she sees no reason to pry for more than he's explained. She simply nods and he walks back down the hallway in the opposite direction.

She gives the door a few knocks for good measure before finally opening it.

 

---

 

Jiyong fixes his necktie out of habit just seconds before the door opens. Jessica Jung walks in, expression cold and stoic as she enters the office. It takes Jiyong a few moments to realize who she is, and when he does, he can't bite back the smirk on his face. He liked her in her casual wear, but seeing her in her formal work clothing isn't a bad sight at all. His eyes flicker up from her legs to her face, and he sees a lack of expression. Either she really doesn't remember him or she's really good at hiding it, but either way it's fun for Jiyong.

"What a pleasant surprise," Jiyong greets as he laces his hands by his chest on his desktop. "So that's your name: Jessica Jung. It's nice. It's fitting."

Jessica sits down in the chair across of him, eyes as unwavering and cold as he remembers them. Of course, this is what contributes a lot to her appeal. She nods. "I hope what happened last night won't affect this interview."

Jiyong's both surprised and unsurprised by her reply. He leans back in his chair and laces his arms over his chest. "Of course it won't. When I hire you, don't think it's because I'm attracted to you. You have an impressive resume."

Jessica's eyes narrow. "If or when?"

"When," Jiyong casually replies. "Your resume is amazing, your references had some impressive things to say about you, and that exclusive in S Magazine was just enough icing on the cake. I'm confident you'll do well with us, that is, if you do choose to take the job."

Jessica tilts her head to the side as she eyes Jiyong. Even though her expression doesn't reveal much, Jiyong can see her mind is fast at work, trying to make sense of what he's just said. "Really?"

"Yes," Jiyong answers, sitting up in his seat. "I approach things differently from most people. I don't need to interview you, though, maybe you should tell Seunghyun I did. Just to set his mind at ease. I'll keep in touch, so stay posted."

Jessica nods stiffly, slowly getting up from her seat. "If that's all. Thank you for your time, Mr. Kwon."

Jiyong waves her off. "Call me, Jiyong. Please."

Jessica nods. "Thank you for your time, Mr. Kwon."

It's only when the door closes behind Jessica does Jiyong allow himself a smile.

Well, well, well.

 

---

 

Jessica's nose scrunches up in disgust as she leaves the building and flags down a taxi. Out of all people, it just had to be him. If there's one thing she knows, it's not to mix her personal life with her work life. She'll be a fool to take that job given what just happened. Then again, she'll be a fool not to take that job given how much money's being offered for her to work there.

It's really a toss up of what she'll want to sacrifice: her pride or her sanity. Then again, either choice, both are to be sacrificed. Ugh, what a headache to think about.

She runs a hand through her hair and slips into the taxi. She decides to google this guy's name and get a better look at him for herself. Her sources offer a lot: 'multi-millionare at the ripe age of twenty, now worth triple;' 'the architecture world has seen nothing like him;' 'one of Korea's most successful and handsome bachelores;' etc etc.

So, really, what makes him cocky is not just the fact that he's outrageously handsome, but he's also a genius laying on a bed of money. Well, okay.

At least if she had to have a sloppy one night stand with someone, it's with some established man with a secured future, and not some creep in a bar. Well, she's not eliminating anything yet. He can be a successful multi-millionare and be a creep from the bar.

She tucks her phone away and leans her head back, pressing her eyes closed.

She'll take the job. She has to.

 

---

 

Jessica hovers over her desk, rhythmically tapping her pencil against the roll of paper as she scans her drawing. It's a good start, but there are some things that don't look right.

Her shoulders jump as she feels a presence over her. Jiyong's eyes are down at her drawing, finger crossing through the markings of her drawing with a curious pout to his lips. He presses his finger back to his lower lip. "Maybe you should make that beam by the cross instead of where it is."

Jessica's almost too flustered to put together what he's said, but she nods realizing how unprofessional she must seem. Does he really have to be so close? All she can smell is his cologne and it's making her mind swim.

No, stop it. 

She moves in closer to her desk, farther away from Jiyong as she nods and grabs her eraser. "I agree. I'll make the changes."

Jiyong straightens up. "Is there something wrong? You seem like you have something on your mind."

Jessica glances up at him, eyes firmly setting on his face. "You were just very close to me. It made me uncomfortable so please be mindful."

Jiyong's eyebrows flick up to his frosty white hair. "I didn't realize it. I guess I don't really value my own personal space."

Jessica feels like giving him an unamused look, but she knows it's not the professional way to treat her boss. "I'm sorry, Mr. Kwon, but I do."

Jiyong's lips quirk up into a small smirk and he steps away and shoves his hands in his pockets. "I'll remember that the next time I'm in a bar."

Jessica mouth falls open, but before she even thinks about entertaining the thought, he's way out of reach. She hopes no one heard that, and when she looks around the room, seems like no one did.

 

---

 

"He's attractive, he's smart, he's y, and he's rich! What more reason do you need?!"

Jessica gives Sunny an unamused look as she brings her drink up to her lips. Given what'd happened the last time she stepped into a bar, she probably wouldn't be in one so soon, but Sunny wanted to hang out and Sunny's a huge drinker. Some things just can't be helped.

"He's cocky," Jessica replies, shrugging.

"He's confident," Sunny counters and Jessica suddenly regrets bringing up what'd happened with her and Jiyong at all. "Hell, I'd be that confident if I were him, too."

Jessica rolls her eyes, taking a stab at the cherry sitting at the bottom of her glass. "Either way, it doesn't matter. He's just my boss."

Sunny sighs. "Or you can seduce him like in the movies. You definitely have the face and body for it. Imagine how dates with that guy must be like."

Jessica grimaces. "Okay, no. Next subject please. Like how was that heart surgery you had going on today?"

"The guy pulled through," Sunny replies with noticeably less enthusiasm. "Kind of a bummer when you realize how much he'll have to pay for it, y'know."

Jessica shrugs. At one point, she wanted to be a doctor, but after realizing how corrupt the entire industry was, she decided against it. Architecture's not too shabby, either. Not when you have guys like Kwon Jiyong- oh, great, him again? No.

She shakes all thoughts of him out of her head and that's when her eyes settle on the door. On Kwon Jiyong walking through the door, obnoxious white hair not able to leave her sight even if she wanted it to.

"Ugh, why?" she mumbles, bringing a hand up to shield her face. The guy's worth millions and here he is, visiting a bar he could probably buy with half of his paycheck. Maybe karma really is out to get her. For what? She doesn't know. Must be something terrible, though.

"Wow, he looks even better in person," Sunny comments, eyes following him. "Like how is that even possible? He looks like he was chiseled by God himself from marbeled perfection."

Jessica sits up with an unamused expression. "You want him? Take him. From this point on, he's all yours."

"Well then you'll just have to introduce me," Sunny blurts, standing up from her seat with a smile too wide for her face.

 

---

 

Jiyong grins once his eyes catch onto the familiar brunette sitting at a table with whiskey and a cherry in front of her. This is just too easy for him.

"No," Seunghyun says, voice warning, almost in the tone you'd use to scold a dog, which Jiyong rolls his eyes at. "No, Jiyong. We work with her. You see her every day."

"Exactly," Jiyong says, sitting down at the bar counter with a thin smile. "I see her everyday, so now I want her more. Not only is she great in bed, but she's a great architect. If that's not attractive, I don't know what is."

Seunghyun presses a palm to his forehead as he throws up a few fingers and orders a glass of whiskey neat. "Well, I'm just your secretary. I'm sure she'll know how to handle you."

"I appreciate your choice of words," Jiyong replies, lifting his drink up in cheers. He takes a sip of his drink, eyes flickering back to Jessica out of habit, when he sees her friend stand up and yank Jessica up with her. Jiyong gives the pair a curious look, but then he notices her friend is looking his way, and... well, they're heading in his direction.

Luck is really on his side, isn't it?

Jessica is tugged like a ragdoll right up to him, expression slightly bothered as she turns away from her friend, back at him. "Hi, Mr. Kwon."

"Call me Jiyong," he replies with a smile, "we're out of work."

"Hi, Mr. Kwon," Jessica continues, and Seunghyun smiles, "I'm sorry to bother you, but my friend's a fan of your work and wanted me to introduce you to her."

The friend smiles. "I'm Sunny."

Jiyong grins back, offering her his hand. "Nice to meet you, Sunny. I hope Jessica's speaking kindly of me."

Sunny grins with a slight giggle. "Oh, trust me, I know a lot more than I should."

Jiyong's eyebrows flick up as he looks over at Jessica, who, even now, looks completely unruffled. "Is that so?"

"Girls tell each other everything," Jessica replies honestly, "and Sunny loves a good story."

"I'm glad you'd consider it a good story," Jiyong replies, smiling a lot wider now. Even though Jessica's reserved, seeing her so straightforward and honest is really doing it for him. "It really was, wasn't it? The beginning of it happened in this bar, as a matter of fact."

Jessica raises an eyebrow, that being the only movement on her face other than her lips moving to speak. "It did."

"Wonder how this night'll end," Jiyong adds as he takes a swig of his drink through a smirk. His eyes turn away from Jessica back to Seunghyun, who looks so unamused he doesn't have the energy anymore to try. 

Jessica shrugs. "Guess that's for you to find out, huh."

And then she turns away and walks back to her table, leaving her friend just as confused as Jiyong. 

Jiyong looks back at Sunny, expression calm as he brings his glass back up to his lips. "Quite a friend you have there, Sunny."

 

---

 

Sunny frowns down at her pager, throwing her head back. "Gosh, of all times, now?"

"I hope you're not doing heart surgery with half a pint of beer in you," Jessica says, raising an eyebrow as Sunny shoves her pager back in her purse. 

"I'll be sobered up by the time I get there," Sunny says, dragging herself up from her chair. "Even if I'm not, I still need to go."

Jessica nods, lifting up her glass. "Okay, well I'll be leaving after I finish this. I have some prints to take a look at, anyway."

Sunny waves to her, reminding her not to take home any stray men ("Haha, very funny"), and then she's off, on her way to do heart surgery, or something.

It's not long before Jiyong drops into Sunny's now vacant seat with a calm expression and observant eyes. "Your friend's leaving, but you're still here. Reason being?"

Jessica nods as she lifts her glass, now loosened up by all of the whiskey she's ingested. "I'm finishing this and then I'm going home to look at some sketches."

"Really?" Jiyong replies, giving her a look. "With all that you've drunk?"

Jessica shrugs, leaning down on her elbows. Okay, now that Sunny's gone, she's beginning to realize that maybe she has had too much to drink. Gosh, this better not become a habit. "I guess you could say my mind works better when I've had something to drink."

This is just a lame patch up to keep her pride, but then she realizes, no it's done quite the opposite. Jiyong smirks, mind catching onto what she's said. "And so the plot thickens."

Jessica rolls her eyes. "That's not what I meant. When I slept with you, it was... a lapse in judgment."

Now Jiyong's the one rolling his eyes. "Now, back to the sketches. You mind showing me what you have so far?"

Jessica may have interpreted this as him trying to find a reason into her apartment, but her mind's half a beat too slow and merely interprets this as a way for her to get a better opinion on her work. Even when she's drunk, she puts her work first.

She nods, taking one last sip of her drink before standing up. "Of course."

 

---

 

Jiyong's not at all surprised by Jessica's clean and chic apartment. Almost everything is white or grey or black, and it's almost like his own apartment aside from the fact that his is overpowered by dark greys and blacks with spots of white, whereas hers is the exact opposite.

Jessica comes out in a loose white T-shirt and shorts, a bundle of sketches under her arm. It's strangely calming for him to see her in such relaxed clothing when he's used to seeing her in such formal and uptight clothing. He doesn't know what he was expecting, but it was definitely not this.

She sits down at her desk and slides out the first sketch from one of her files. "This is the pavilion that Mr. Yang wanted. Even though we're more set on modern architecture, he stressed that he wanted a more traditional look."

Jiyong nods, hovering over her with one hand in his pocket, the other drifting over the paper. Instead of stiffening like she usually does, Jessica just sits back in her chair and calmly waits for him to make his observations. At first, he's too busy noticing this to even pay attention to the sketch. Gosh, he totally forgot that those sketches were the reason why he even asked to come over in the first place. Of course, that's not why he wanted to come over.

"You know, I don't think there's anything to change," Jiyong says, and he's being completely honest when he says this, not just because he's trying to brush them aside. "I think you've done an incredible job."

Jessica looks up at him, and their noses are nearly brushing, but this time it's him who hesitates and moves away to a safe distance. He doesn't know why, but it makes him flustered to see Jessica so comfortable next to him. 

"Really?" she says, voice soft. 

He nods abruptly and then he's backing away. "I totally forgot I had some other work to take care of back at the office. I have to go."

And that's the end of that. 

 

---  

 

Seunghyun shoves his hands in his pockets and shrugs with a satisfied air to his voice. "I told you so."

"I know, I know," Jiyong replies, waving him off. He leans back in his chair and props his fist up under his chin. "We really need to stop meeting in bars, so I know how she thinks of me when she's actually sober."

Seunghyun shrugs. "Ask her straightforward. If she likes you, go with it, if she doesn't, then be done with it."

Jiyong gives him a suspicious look. "You're just saying that because you know she'll immediately reject me if I flat out ask."

"Well, if that's the case, then that's the answer you're looking for," Seunghyun replies. "You can't just chase after girls expecting them to like you just because you like them."

Jiyong gives it a thought, and after having a brief conversation with himself in his head, he gives Seunghyun a nod. "Send her to my office."


---


Jessica has to admit she has some newfound respect scraped together for Jiyong. So when he said he wanted to look at her sketches, he really just meant that, huh. Quite honestly, there was a side of her that was hoping for more, but maybe it's best nothing happened. The last thing she needs is for her boss to think of her as some cheap bar pick up.

She walks to his office door, knocking twice before waiting for his permission to open the door. She enters to see him jotting something down on a form, and sits down just as he finishes.

"Jessica," he says in an exhale, looking up at her. "How did it go with Mr. Yang?"

"Good," Jessica answers, eyes adjusting to the softness in his. Were they always like this or only now? "He liked it. Wants to start right away."

Jiyong smiles and nods. "Now moving on, I want you to tell me what you think of me?"

Jessica straightens. "Excuse me?"

"What do you think of me?" Jiyong repeats casually, folding his hands on his desk in front of him.

"Well," Jessica says, cocking her head to the side, "you're a great architect, you-"

"No, not about that," Jiyong interrupts. "I mean me, as a man."

"Oh," Jessica replies, blinking as her mind processes what's been said. "With all due respect, Mr. Kwon, this isn't exactly the type of conversation related to my job."

Jiyong leans forward. "Well consider I'm me and you're you, and we're not working, and this is just a random conversation we're having. Think of it like that."

Jessica reads him carefully. "So you want me to say that you're handsome and attractive? Because I'm sure these are things you don't need me telling you to know."

Jiyong leans forward attentively. "So you're attracted to me?"

Jessica rolls her eyes. She's too exasperated to care about modesty by now. That's obviously not what Jiyong's worried about, anyway. "Would I have slept with you if I wasn't?"

Jiyong sits up, expression blanking. "I thought you said it was a mistake."

"Just because I think it was a mistake, doesn't mean I'm not attracted to you," Jessica replies. She can't believe what she's saying, but she's never lacked confidence in herself, and now is definitely not the time to start.

"Oh, I see," Jiyong replies. "Well, if I knew that, I would've stayed longer at your place last night."

Jessica stands up, pressing her palms down on Jiyong's desk as she leans over toward him. "So you were coming over because you wanted something more?"

Jiyong shrugs. "I put my attraction to you at the forefront. The drawings were just a bonus. I wasn't exactly telling the truth, but I wasn't exactly lying either."

Jessica shakes her head, walking out the door before Jiyong can even fully stand from his desk. "I can't believe you."


---


Yes, Jessica's attracted to her boss. Does she also think he's a cocky bastard who needs to learn his way around treating his employees and/or girls he wants to romantically pursue? Absolutely.

But even so, here she is at her desk, the only thought running through her mind being the fact that she really wants to slam Jiyong against the nearest filing cabinet and kiss his throat, while-

Oh, gosh. That one night they had together really was enough to mess with her head. Though she hardly remembers it, the bits and pieces she does are enough to do it for her. As cocky as the man may be, his confidence isn't without reason.

Does he need to be so obvious about it? No.

She drums her pen against the grain of her desk, pressing her eyes closed once she realizes all she can think of is Jiyong and not enough of her work. It's way past the end of her work day, anyway, so even if she can't concentrate, it's not like it matters.

Oh, maybe she should just head home already. She tosses her files in the bottom drawer of her desk and then stands up, shrugging on her coat. Maybe all she needs is a bath and a nap to take care of these dangerous thoughts.

Or maybe that's not quite it.


---


It's not it. Nope. And that's how she ends up at Jiyong's apartment door, hesitantly knocking twice.

Jiyong is lounging on his sofa, some architecture magazine splayed in his lap, when he hears the knocks on the door. His mind is so preoccupied with thoughts of Jessica -- of course -- he almost doesn't hear it.

He stands up, tosses his reading glasses somewhere (maybe he really should treat them better) and walks to his door, pulling it open.

Jessica sort of has something planned out to say to Jiyong, but when she sees his tussled locks and his loose t-shirt showing his tattooed arms, she sort of just loses it. And this time it's not the alcohol, it's the rich bastard and his devastatingly good looks.

Jiyong gives Jessica a curious look, waiting for her to say something -- she looks like she has a lot on her mind. She walks toward him, and he's about to take a step back when her hand holds onto the hem of his shirt and pulls him in.

Her lips are on his, and he doesn't even have time to smirk in an overly confident sort of way, because truth is, he did not see this coming. Sure, he knows he's handsome and that he can get any girl he sets his sights on, but Jessica Jung's not exactly the type to fit that mould even if she sort of does.

She pushes him farther into his apartment, kicking the door closed as she cups the back of his neck and pulls him in closer.

He pulls away for a brief moment. "I thought you-"

"Why are you even questioning it?" Jessica interrupts, lips back on his, and he has to admit she's completely right about that.

They end up in his bed in no time, Jessica falling back against his mattress as he lifts his shirt up over his lean body. She's about to pull him back in toward her, when she feels something nudge into her back and she has to pause for a second to yank it out.

She holds up a lacy black bra in front of her face, and Jiyong almost panics for a second before Jessica casually chucks it off the edge of the bed and shrugs.

"So that's where that went."