Authors' POV

If I Fall, You're Going Down With Me!

*

Authors’ POV

*


 

I have a question for you: Do you believe in magic?

 

And no, I’m not talking about the “Hocus Pocus” stuff from Harry Potter or any of that mythical nonsense with wizards or fairytale places (although don’t get me wrong I do love Harry Potter but that’s not what I’m talking about here).

 

What I’m talking about is real, centuries-old wiccan spells and incantations. The kind of magic that’s been practiced by witches/wiccans throughout the world.

 

Aflamed candles, dimmed lights, mystical spells, rituals, mixed potions, numerous herbs, spirits and gods and possibly a significant artifact from the very person one wishes to put under a trance.

 

Well, that’s exactly the kind of magic Gong Minji got herself mixed into the night she decided to take her headmaster’s advice and perform a little spell.

 

Of course, needless to say, she didn’t do it right which was the reason that what had happened to her and Kai later that night had even been allowed to transpire.

 

Yep, you heard it right. If only Minji hadn’t accidentally ruined the spell Mrs. Jung had given her leaving her to perform the spell incorrectly then none of the events that were about to happen would’ve ever even taken place.

 

If only Minji had listened and done the spell just as Mrs. Jung had instructed.

 

If only...

 

Then Mrs. Jung’s plan for the coed academy would’ve worked out just fine. Minji would’ve got what she originally wanted before her reasoning had been clouded with revenge on the boys. Kai would’ve even turned out to be a better person and this entire story would be over already (cuz let’s face it, this story has been going on for a looong time now).

 

But you know that can’t happen and that I can’t just leave the story like that, right?

 

*evil grin*

 

So that’s why little to Minji’s knowledge, just by whispering that little incantation she had made up was actually leading to something much more insidious. Something that would change both her and her ex co-pres’ lives forever.

 

But of course, there is one problem with this notion and that was Minji wasn’t even a witch to begin with. So how did one seemingly normal girl even tap into the power to do such a spell?

 

Well, in the world of magic once one believes in it, everything it entails becomes real which Minji did when she took that leap of faith and rehearsed that spell.

 

Strong emotions for revenge, tapping into the power of the full moon, and taking that leap of faith would all combine together that night to make a cataclysmic spell.

 

A spell that would initiate a teensy, weensy, accidental switch...

 

 

So,

 

Now that you’re all caught up I ask one more time:

 

Do you believe in magic?

 

*