The New Roommate

Dealing With Lu Han
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  Kim Minseok had everything. He had a loving family, trusting friends, and an amazing girlfriend, but what he didn't have was money. As someone who lived in a single-bedroom apartment, he had to pay rent higher than people who had a roommate, so in order for Minseok to split the cost, he put up an ad that he was searching for a roommate. Not just any roommate, but a roommate who didn't speak full Korean or was introverted, mainly because once he returns home, he wanted to be left along for the most part.

  It was noon and he was still on his bed, bearly awake when he received a call from the landlord. His vision was blurred from being half-awake, so he didn't know who he was talking to when he answered, "Hello?"

  "Ah! Minseok!" The cheerful voice of the landlord came from the other line. "I found a new roommate for you. He's an exchange student from China and will be staying here in Korea for three months. I know it's only temporary, but until then, I will continue to search for a more permanent roommate."

  "Is he here?" He sat up. Minseok basically wasted half a day, but he didn't care. All he wanted was a good night's rest after partying all night with his friends.

  "Yes. We are on the way to your room."

  "Alright." He hung up without saying goodbye. Sluggishly, he threw his legs over the edge of the bed and just sat there, taking it all in. The sunlight outside peeked through his blinds, but it was not enough to wake him early morning. Birds were chirping, but they were still quiet enough for him not to notice. Minseok was only wearing his boxers and was considering to go out like that, yet he decided to be at least half decent.

  "Where the are my pants?" His floor was covered with dirty clothes and tissues. He spotted his gray sweatpants among the pile of underwears and t-shirts and slipped in. As he left his room, he heard someone knocking loudly at the door. Since Minseok was still groggy, he took his time towards the door and dragged his feet.

  The pounding continued and didn't stop.

  "God damn. I'm coming. I'm coming," he uttered and opened the door.

  The landlord's mustache was the first thing that caught Minseok's eyes. He didn't know why, but those thick hairs that covered the above the man's lips and below his nose just bothered him. He squinted his eyes to let the scene before  him adjust to his vision. Minseok opened the door wider and found a tiny, pretty-boy standing there with a backpack over his shoulder and a luggage by his side. The stranger had a bright smile on his face as his doe-like eyes stared straight into Minseok's.

  "It's nice to meet you!" The exchange student exlaimed in perfect Korean and bowed.

  "Nice to meet

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter