Chapter 2: Lost Memories

Rainfall

          " Min are you okay" an unknown voice spoke in the distance , Heechul and Kyuhyun crawled to each other's side nearly bumping into each other .

          " Is this a memory?" Kyuhyun asked looking around the darkness, Heechul nodded as he held onto the younger's hand.

          " Yes , Changmin must be projecting it subconsciously into our minds, making it seem as if we're in the memory itself."the wiser of the two informed the younger while taking long strides to a light past the vast darkness.

           " Hey I see Changmin and who's that ?" Kyuhyun sped up his pace when the image of a couple in bed appeared through the tunnel like darkness. They're conversation became clearer the closer the duo got.

           " Yunho I don't want to get up I'm still sleepy" Kyuhyun and Heechul finally reached the memory as they floated above the two men below them. Changmin lazily covered his face with a white duvet cover. The man beside him chuckled and soon joined him underneath the sheets.

          " Come on you'll be late"the brunette groaned before popping out from the covers , Yunho did the same . He smiled at the sleepy gamer and leaning to kiss his forehead.

          " Yunnie carry me to the bathroom , please" Changmin's eyes shined with innocence that Yunho could never deny and so the tanned male positioned his body at the corner of the bed waiting for the other to hop on.

          " Thanks!" Changmin jumped on his back wrapping his arms around Yunho's neck softly and placed a grateful kiss on his cheek. A instant flash of white blinded Heechul and Kyuhyun the moment Changmin and Yunho exited the room , they opened their eyes and found Changmin sitting on a bench in the park.

          "What's going on Chul?" The snarky male asked.

          " It's another memory" the two turned their attention back to the brunette who tapped his foot nervously as his chocolate brown eyes darted from side to side. Changmin was sipping his coffee anxiously waiting for something or someone . A man finally approached the gamer , Changmin's eyes darkened as their sights met. The smaller man chucked at his disgusted look.

          "What's the matter Minnie having a bad day , oh don't worry I'm here"the man taunted him an annoyed growl emitted from Changmin's throat caused the raven haired man to fake a shocked expression.

          " you , take the money and leave us the hell alone" his words were filled with malice , he impatiently shoved an envelop in the doe eyed stranger's chest.

          "Tired of playing already ? Won't you miss me?" The man's cherry colored lips formed a pout that in any other circumstance would be considered cute , but with the dangerous aura surrounding the evil beauty such a thought is cast aside.

          "Jaejoong I've paid my debt I even added extra make sure to keep your end of the deal." The taller of the two walked past the other thinking this would be the end .

          "Tsk tsk tsk too bad I lied , get him!" Before the brunette could react two men jumped from the bushes whacking him on the back of the neck rendering him unconscious. Darkness feel upon Kyuhyun and Heechul , sounds of water running and splashing could be heard from a distance. The sound of a bottle shaking and the diabolical laughter of one man ringing loudly above it all. Just as the laughter faded a loud gunshot rang and silence fell upon the room.

              ______________________________________________ HEECHUL POV

          I'm not sure how long Kyu and I were out for , but judging from the sudden change of a bright sunny day to a cool night , it's probably been hours. I rolled to my side , my face inches away from Kyuhyun's. I shook him lightly , effectively waking him. His brown orbs filled with confusion and sleepiness.

          "What happened ?"He groaned rubbing his eyes.

          "I guess that was the last of Changmin's memories. I think this Jaejoong guy shot him." The purifier raised himself from the floor, helping Heechul to his feet as well.

          " why'd the hell he do that?" I shrugged , wondering the same thing. Was it just for money or was their something more to it. "Say, where's Min?" I snapped out of your trance searching the room for a certain ghostly presence.

          "I don't know....Let's search the rest of the place"Kyuhyun simply nodded and followed me out the door.

            ______________________________________________

          After extensively scouring the apartment for the brunette ghost the could came to the conclusion that he was no longer here.

          "Where do you think he went?"the younger asked running his hand nervously through his hair. The diva tapped his thinking deeply if his possibly whereabouts.

          "What if he went back to his old place?" Heechul offered . Kyuhyun rubbed his chin.

          "It's possible , we should try to find him before anything happens."

          "True , let's go"

          "Ah wait let me get a water bottle , I'm thirsty." The gamer rushed to the fridge opening it hurriedly. The cool air rushed out as it opened and just as the young male was about to reach for a bottle , he let out a girly shriek. The redhead booked to his side worried. He looked inside only to find Changmin stating at him upside down.

          "Hi"he waved nonchalantly.

          "For cripes sake I nearly my pants!" Kyuhyun cried holding a hand to his aching chest. Heechul let out a sigh.

          "Sorry"Changmin smile your a second before slipping out the fridge.

          "What are you doing in there?" The red head asked lifting an eyebrow.

          "Well I really love food so when I'm sad , happy , bored and well hungry I eat. But since I'm dead I can't do that , so I just decided to chill here for a while." He wore an unreadable expression , his eyes glued in the tiled floor.

          "You remember right?" Heechul spoke .

          "Yea....."

          "Jaejoong that guy he killed you " the red haired started to clear things over.

          "He drugged me then shot me in my disoriented state." He clenched his fist helplessly.

          "So what are you waiting for , let's go meet Yunho and tell him what happened." Kyuhyun grumbled sternly walking out the door. The ghost smiled following the two.

          "Before we see Yunho can we stop by SHINee cafe , I need to talk to Onew if it's possible."

          "It is with us around" Kyuhyun smiled.

          "Thanks"

             _____________________________________________

          They entered the cafe immediately greeted by a slim boy who looked similar to Heechul.

          "Hyungs , good afternoon! What brings you here"his vibrant smile lit up the whole place.

          "Taemin how are you?" The purifier ruffled his hair playfully.

          "Good , and you?"

          "Alright"

          "Taemin we need to see Onew is he in?"

          "Yup right in the backroom"

          "Thanks"they said in unison , Changmin awkwardly tagging behind them. He felt sad but being able to greet Taemin , they were friends after all . Were , he should really start getting used to the word. He really wanted to compliment his new hair color which used to be jet black , now is burgundy red. It suited him perfectly , not to mention he hit taller and his facial features sharpened. He's sure grown to a be fine young lad.

            ______________________________________________

          "Onew wake up I brought chicken!" Kyuhyun shouted in the sleeping owner's ear. The man shot up from his place flinging his arms in the air like the maniac he is.

          "Chicken!" He yelled staring into Kyuhyun's eyes. The gamer shook his head disappointingly.

          "Sorry bub too late I ate it all" the owner's eyes filled with un-shed tears , Kyuhyun hugged him rubbing circles on his back to sooth him.

          "My chicken"he sniffed hugging him back.

          "It's okay let it out crazy , let it out"

          "Ahem" the diva fake coughed , Changmin laughed finding the scene amusing.

          "Oh Heechul your back" Onew flopped on the armchair .

          "Yea we need to talk about Changmin , is about his death."

          "What do you mean?" His eyebrows knitted focused on his older cousin. Heechul sighed and took a seat beside Kyuhyun on the sofa. He then turned to face Changmin and reached his hand out to him. Onew watched in confusion as Kyuhyun knowingly smirked. The spirit reached to grab the red head's hand. Their finger tips touch , his hand glowing with color , life. The chicken mania eyes widened , a tanned hand materialized right before his eyes. Slowly it formed into the body of a tall brunette. His jaw dropped, words stuck in his throat.

          "Cha-cha"he stuttered , his hand trembling as he carefully extended it towards his friend.

          " Jinki how's it going?" That voice , the one of a friend he'd thought he'd never hear again.

          "Changmin "he finally choked out , tears streaming down his cheeks.

          "Yea it's me , but we have no time to rejoice I must get quick to the point . Yunho's in danger and we need your help." The crying owner wiped his tears his eyes hardening with concern.

          "What's going on?"

          "Tell me is Yunho okay?" The youngest nods.

          "Good. Now do you remember when I told you about my childhood friend who I once borrowed a lot of money from?"

          "Y-yea but you never told me his name."

          "After taking his money he started demanding me for attention , he began to obsess over me. He threatened to harm Yunho if I didn't pay him back with interest or sleep with him one night. I couldn't cheat on Yunho , so I had asked you for some money. I kept my end of the deal but in the end he killed me. Kim Jaejoong killed me." He clenched his jaw.

            "Did you just say Kim Jaejoong!?" Onew cried frantically.

            "Yes" Onew shook his head in disbelief.

            "No no no no no , we have to find Yunho quick." He yelled pacing around the room.

            "Onew what happened tell us." Kyuhyun grabbed his arm.

            "Yunho and Jaejoong are dating"