Chapter 1:

Rainfall

          The cat like man ran as quick as his tiered legs would allow him , the burning in his thighs made each step harder and harder to take. His heavy breaths desperately filled his lungs with oxygen while droplets of sweat formed on his forehead . He turned to look behind him every so often and to his horror the dark cloud flowing from a pale figure's body was approaching him at incredible speeds.        

          " , " the cat like man broke out in a sprint as he fumbled for his phone in his jean pocket , he called the only person that could ever help him in this situation.          

          " Hello?" The familiar voice brought some sense of relief to the red haired man , however the ear piercing cry coming from outside his bedroom door shook him once again. The deathly gurgles grew louder as the dead creature approached his hiding spot.           

         " Kyu hurry I need your help I'm at the apartment another spirit followed me and its not very happy" the desperate diva begged the other his eyes widened when he heard footsteps nearing the room he was hiding in.          

           "Don't worry Heechul I'm on my way" the call ended abruptly as he was harshly pushed against a wall by an enraged spirit of a young man . The man seemed only a few years younger than him , his eyes were rolling to the back of his head and to make things worse the top of his head had a big gaping hole that leaked pools of blood . The horrifying sight sent shivers down Heechul's spine , he turn his attention away from the man's face and searched for an exit.          

          " I'll kill you , I'LL KILL YOU!" The ghostly man reached out to the diva's neck to strangle him , but he was stopped by an exhausted Kyuhyun who came bursting through the door.          

          " Get the hell away from him!" he shouted as he ran towards the floating figure he reached his hand out to the man's bleeding head . The instant Kyuhyun's hand touched the forehead of the spirit a bright light emitted from the ghost. When the bright light faded the dark aura that surrounded the entity had vanished and instead was replaced by as more gentle feel. " Are you okay ?" The honey brown man approached the read head and softly placed his hand on the others cheek while gentle caressing it.           

          " Yea I'm fine , thanks for the quick rescue" he smiled at the other as he leaned on the younger's chest for a small embrace.          

          "Anytime" he smiled back before placing a small chaste kiss on the older's forehead. The duo turned back to the angelic looking spirit who was smiling at them with an apologetic expression.          

          " I'm terribly sorry for attacking you I-I don't know what came over me , I was feeling incredibly angry and next thing I knew I found myself chasing you around this apartment. The newly purified man stuttered in his attempt to apologize to the cat like man and the tall lanky man next to him.          

          " It's no biggie it happens all the time, What's your name?" Heechul asked while dusting himself off.        

          " I am Shim Changmin , and you are?"          

          " I'm Kim Heechul and this is Cho Kyuhyun"he gave the spirit a small smile.          

          " Thank you for saving me " Changmin rubbed the back of his neck shyly, unsure of what he should do , in truth he had no idea what had been going on the entire time .          

          " Are you okay you seemed bothered ?" Kyuhyun asked curiously.

          " Ah well I can't seem to remember some things" Changmin squinted , trying hard to recall what had happened to him.

          " That's normal for ghost who have died recently" Heechul explained casually. The spirit looked over at him , confusion written all over his face.

           " I-I'm dead" silence fell upon the room as Heechul and Kyuhyun exchanged worried glances.

           " You mean you haven't realized that yet?" Kyuhyun asked. Changmin looked at his body and gasped as he saw his transparent body floating .

          " Holy flipping , I'm dead!" he stared at carpeted floor through his hands .

          " Changmin what's the last date you can remember?" Heechul asked.

           " I think it was December 5th 2012" Kyuhyun sighed and motioned for the ghost to follow him out Heechul's room and into the kitchen. He served himself a cup of water and passed one to the red head.

           " I'd offer you something but...... yea you're dead and from what you've told me , you've been dead for a little over a year. " He sipped his water staring into Changmin's wide eyes .

           " What the hell w-what am I'm supposed to do now?" Heechul smiled over at the distressed man.

           "You're lucky you ran into us , we can help you regain your memories and cross you over."

           " Really? Thank you so much , I want to hug you but I don't see that happening" he pursed his lips trying to adjust to his ghostly body.

          " We should start by figuring out where you lived , can you still remember that?" Kyuhyun asked placing his empty glass in the sink.

          " I used to live at a small apartment near the famous ' SHINee cafe ' with my boyfriend" Heechul's eyes lit up with hope and smirked widely grabbing the other two attention.

          " Well we are in luck , it just so happens that my cousin owns that cafe" Changmin let out a gasp.

          " So your the cousin Onew has been telling me about!" Changmin laughed pointing at Heechul .

          " What's so funny? What did that clumsy fool say about me?" The diva demanded a reply.

          " He said a lot of nice stuff about you actually , he , Jonghyun and Taemin really love you . Although they have mentioned that you have the temper of an ajumma" the red head scoffed while Kyuhyun let out an amused laugh.

          " I do not !" Heechul crossed his arms in annoyance"

          " You totally do , sometimes I think you're worse than my mother." Kyuhyun pointed out earning a punch to the shoulder.

          " Shut up , at least I'm not a snarky "

          " Wow that's literally the nicest thing you have ever said to me" the youngest said putting his hand on his chest to emphasize his 'gratitude'. Heechul snorted and turned to face the spirit.

          " Changmin you stay here with Kyuhyun and see if you can find information about your death through the internet or maybe find your friends and families numbers. I'll goto meet Onew and ask him a few questions" the diva grabbed his keys that he had discarded when fleeing from Changmin earlier. He waved goodbye to the duo and raced to his car.

           " Shall we get started" Kyuhyun grabbed a bottle of water and a few bags of chips and headed to the door directly in front of the room they had been in before. The brunette ghost followed behind closely , floating to the room. The room was quite large , five high tech computers caught his attention immediately.

          " Whoa this is every computer gamers heaven" he mumbled gazing around the machines .

          " Your a computer gamer?" The honey brown haired man asked excitedly.

          " yup , one hundred percent"

          " we are going to get along splendidly" he smirked at the other who gave him a confused look. Kyuhyun laughed and opened the closet beside him. Changmin's jaw dropped in amazement , no words left his open lips.

        ______________________________________________

            The red head parked his car in the lot of SHINee cafe and walked over to the entrance. He was greeted with the sent of freshly baked pastries . He took slow strides to the cashier who gasped as he caught sight of the diva.

          " Heechul hyung long time no see" the tall froggy looking man greeted him with a radiant smile that would have the ladies lining up at his doorstep.

          " Yea , how have you been Minho ?"

          " Great , how's it going with Kyuhyun?" Heechul took hold of the younger hand and sighed.

          " Please save me from that spawn of evil" Minho chuckled and patted Heechul's hand.

          " Glad to know you two are getting along well "

          " Uh listen Minho where's Onew? I have to speak to him"

          " He's in the back eating chicken , as always , go on ahead back"

           " Thanks a lot , oh and we should hang out sometime "

           "Yea we should" Heechul let out a small laugh and continued to go look for Onew. The back room was a dark green and smelled of fried chicken. 'Onew is definitely here' Heechul thought as he walked over to the next door. He opened the door that lead to a small room , there on the black leather couch sat a familiar clumsy man.

           " Onew!" Heechul shouted as he pounced on the younger.

          " Gah! " Onew yelp hugging a chicken wing against his chest. The frighten bakery shop owner's eyes were tightly shut , Heechul realizing that the other might have not seem his face decided to tease the younger. Making his voice sound deeper the diva gripped the younger arm and spoke.

          " Open your eyes "

          " No!" The red head held back a laugh.

          "Open your eyes or the chicken gets it" Onew's eyes flew open instantly .

          "Don't hurt my chic-...... Heechul?" He started at the older with utter confusion and relief. They both broke out in laughter and embraced each other tightly. " You son of a rooster , you scared the living egg out of me" the duo broke the hug and sat on the couch .

          " Yea well that was the whole point" they chuckled .

          " So hyung spill it , why are you here?" His wise cousin got serious as he looked into Heechul's eyes.

          " Ash well I wanted to ask you if you know a Shim Changmin" the younger's eyes saddened , he nodded.

          " Yes of course , he was a good friend of mine . He used to live in the apartment right next to here with his boyfriend . Sadly he died a year ago."

          " How did he die?"

          " Suicide..... or at least that's what the police think" the red head eyes furrowed at his uneasiness.

           " What do you mean?" Onew rubbed his temples in frustration.

           " Me and Yunho can't accept he committed suicide , the whole thing seems so faked" the chicken mania ran his hand threw his brown locks .

           " This Yunho , is that his boyfriend name?"

           " Yea"

           " Onew it was great seeing you , I'm sorry for asking all of this . I'll be going now" the cat like man approached the exit all the new information that was given to him made the man want to help Changmin quicker.

      ______________________________________________

          Heechul unlocked the front door to his apartment hanging his coat nearly on its hanger , he was about to make his presence know when strange noises from the home office startled him.

          " Yes Changmin yes " Kyuhyun screamed loudly.

          " I'm so close" Changmin breathy voice made dirty thoughts run through Heechul's mind .

          " Me too , come on" the diva approached the door cautiously ' what are they doing for Christ sake one of them is a ghost!'

          " That's it Min right there"

          " Kyu , I'm coming" right then the red head bursted past the door bright red only to find the two of them clicking madly at the mouse in a fierce battle of StarCraft. Heechul sighed loudly and walked over to the duo and whacked the honey brown haired man upside the head.

           " Ow what was that for?" Kyuhyun asked rubbing his aching head.

           " You idiots are suppose to be doing research not play computer games!" The youngest fiddled with his thumbs nervously.

          " I'm sorry I just couldn't resist "

          " Seriously? You've even taught him how to move objects already ! Uh " he turned to face Changmin who flinched under his glare.

           "We're sorry" they said in unison , Heechul crossed his arm like a mother disciplining her children.

           " You better make up for this , understand!" The two nodded vigorously not wanting to anger him any further. "Now , Onew told me some helpful information . According to him Changmin used to live with his boyfriend Yunho up until Changmin supposedly committed suicide. And I say supposedly because Onew and Yunho are absolutely positive that he would never take his life away." Silence filed the room when Changmin let out a strangle cry.

          " Y-Yunho ..... Yunnie ....... Yunnie!" Changmin's ghostly figure flashed red, blue and green at the sudden rush of emotions .

          " Kyu! Purify him now!" The honey brown man rushed to the gamers side , reaching out his hand to the others head failed when Changmin let out a high pitched scream sending them flying into the wall.

          " Yunnie ...... Yunnie!" The ghost eyes rolled to the back of his head , his body trembling. Kyuhyun let out a pained grunt forcing himself on his feet he launched his body on the spirit. Heechul opened his eyes only to be blinded by a familiar white light. Everything darken in an instant , no sound could be heard except for the light sniffles of the calming spirit.

                                      " Yunnie ...... run"