Vivid Chartreuse

Perception of Desires

"Hey, you didn't see anything, alright?" The petite index finger pointed at him followed by the gaze of a short girl.

 

Luhan stared down at the girl, analyzing her appearance within mere seconds before she reacted. She was short. Really short. How she managed to take down a man three times her size was a wonder to him. But his thoughts stopped there as he lost interest and turned around. There was no need to go further into the situation or else he would have been swept with it. The girl narrowed her eyes at him before dropping the unconscious and rather fat man on the ground, grabbing the blonde's shoulder. Instinctively, he took her wrist and flipped her over with ease to which had stunned her mid-air efore she landed on her back, cringing with a back ache.

 

"Don't touch me." He glare down at her before tossing her wrist down and trailed off.

 

Laying on the ground, she clicked her tongue. How annoying. A strong kick suddenly assaulted Luhan, nearly sending him to the ground before he caught himself. The short brunette sent a dropkick to finally knock her opponent down before finishing him off with an emerald flowsion that consisted of her grabbing him in her arms and shoving him back down on his spine. Just in case, she elbowed in his stomach with a force of a professional wrestler and dusted off her hands.

 

"Now, I'm going to ask you again. You didn't see anything, right?" She peered down at Luhan who winced in pain as she leaned in closer. "Haaaa? Do you feel like answering yet or do I have to beat the answer out of you?"

 

As strong as she was, the girl was light as a feather allowing Luhan to shove her off while he sat up, groaning at his bruises. He was in no mood to deal with this annoying girl and complied to her request. "Alright, fine fine! Whatever, not gonna tell anyone!"

 

Crouching before him, her lips twisted to an unsatisfied pout. "How do I know you're telling the truth, huh? To be honest, it's probably best if I knock the memories out of your head. It'd hurt you more than it'd hurt me but I think it would benefit us both."

 

Was she kidding? Beat my own memories out of me? Luhan glared at her, preparing to defend his brain and most likely his life before she spoke up again.

 

"Hey! I just realized something, you look really familiar, have I seen yo--" With all of his might, Luhan punched the girl's forehead, sending her collapsing on the ground as he ran for it. This was one of the few times in his life that Luhan sprinted for his life. There was no need to really know where he was going, where the path was leading or where it ended. For now, he just needed to get far away from her. Far away from involvement with society and it's people.

 

Out of breathe, Luhan finally halted by a nearby tree that the edge of the town. His legs gave in as he slumped down at the base of the plant, allowing his body to recover not only from the running but the beating he went through. He couldn't use that route anymore. Knowing the type of person she seemed to be, there was a big chance she would be there waiting for him. A sigh escaped his lips. He'll have to figure it out tomorrow but for now, he needed to get home. Surveying the surroundings, Luhan had recognized several landmarks and hobbled his way back to his tiny home.

Greeted by the silence of his dark apartment, Luhan plunged face first onto his bed. The cold sheets had comforted his pains as he drifted away to his thoughts.

"Luhan, are you ok?" Her voice chimed. The sweet sound resonated in his ears, reviving the sense of happiness in his smile. 

"Of course, Eunjung." His hand enveloped his partner's hand, intwining her fingers with his. "Just as long as I know you're alright, I feel at ease. And right now, here you are. I feel so--" The blonde's eyes widened as he glanced down to see his hand grasping a rotten hand, one with fingers broken and peeling off. Bone was showing through the ripped flesh, with fresh blood that dripped down his wrist. Yet he felt inclined to continue holding onto the hand, as if letting go would hurt him more. 

Glancing up, a young girl's face stared back at him. One with facial skin that bared her raw flesh to him with patches of decomposition and maggots dropping. 

His eyes broke apart, waking up with beaded sweet across his forehead. He checked the time before rushing into the showering realizing that school was about to start in half an hour and he wasn't even bathed. A quick shower was placed into procedure as he rushed out the door, going down the same route he took home yesterday. The male arrived at school peacefully as the rest of the day passed by quietly. 

No one talked to him, no one othered him, barely anyone knew he existed. Frankly, he was quite grateful that EXO didn't get the entire school to turn against him. Bullying would have resulted in him getting expelled since he wouldn't take it lying down. Class started with him arriving just on time. The teacher was boring as always putting Luhan to sleep with his solemn voice. Three classes ticked away before the blonde woke up just in time for lunch. Trudging down to the cafeteria, he went in line to obtain his lunch. It wasn't the best cuisine but it sufficed his hunger. He never ate outside of school anyways, bent on living on only one meal a day. 

Paying for his meal, Luhan began making his way to one of the lunch tables. Spare, open ones were scarce but sitting next to a group of friends that hardly knew him was a second best option. The awkwardness only lasted a mere few seconds before they either got up and walked away or ignored his presence. In this case, the students got up and moved away, fearing that he'd listen into their gossip and spread about. He didn't give a damn though. About ther gossip, about what they think and just about them.

He slowly devours the food, not relishing in their taste but rather it was a good time to think. To think about nothing, but to think about everything as well. His thoughts were an escape from everyone who brought disappointment to his eyes. A splash suddenly hit his eyes as well as a plastic wrapped piece of bread was flung straight into his food. Did the bullying finally occur? Would a scene ensue guaranteeing him being expelled from school. 

A hand reached for the bread, pulling it out of his lunch. Did he dare look up? His eyes peered up to see a sad girl, wiping away the pieces of food stuck to the plastic. What he experienced just then, felt like it was worse than the bullying. 

"Hey! You were that stupid bastard that ran away yesterday!" The same voice rang at his face, her hand pointed accusingly at him.