Sparkling Amethyst

Perception of Desires

"I want to be closer to Yixing. " She answered him to which Luhan returned with an expression of bewilderment. 

"Excuse me?" He managed to choke out. 

"I want to-" Luhan interrupts her with an "I heard you."

Her head tilts over like a crooked doll, 'Then I don't understand what you mean by- " 

Again, he interrupts her, "So you've basically gone and done this whole ordeal just so I can hook you up with someone associated with me?" A scoff escapes his lips as he gave a disappointed smirk. "You're no different from anyone else." 

In return, Joon's stare turned cold. Her brows furrowed as she puts aside her remaining lunch to clear up the confusion, "I-" 

"No need to continue any further, I'll be leaving now." Luhan removes himself from the table and proceeds to leave. 

Not of course, without a swift kick to his back, sending him flying headfirst to the ground. Scowling, he gets up. His head tells him to ignore the girl and keep walking but sadly his instincts had him turning around, glaring at the other. "What is your /problem/?! Can't you use words!? Everything single time we talk you always-" A packaged bun hits him square in the face, silencing him for a moment for the girl to intervene. 

"Can I talk yet? Or do you want to continue your useless chatter?"

The entire cafeteria watched them now, wanting to hear what the fuss was about. The blonde male didn't even realize it until his anger subsided with the snack in his hand. He walked back to Joon, taking her wrist and pulled her out of the cafeteria. "Ah, wait! My food-" 

"You wanted to talk so you can forget about them for now. They won't go anywhere." 

Slightly frowning, she allows him to take them to a more private place before he lets her go, "You have two minutes to say whatever you want, then never talk to me ever again." 

"I understand that you may think I'm using you in order to get um, how people say it, "Get together" with Yixing. However, you're slightly mistaken. I don't like him in a romantic kind of way. At least, not yet just in case by some tiny slim chance that my feelings waver, of which I doubt quite strongly since I do have a preference towards girls, but then again I have never liked a girl I simply adore their appearance. Ah, what was I saying?" 

Was this girl even real? Such an abnormal person could not really exist, she must be acting to be cute or appealing, something that Joon is neither to him, but still. "You..." He sighed. "Were going on something about Yixing." Why was he even letting this girl continue? 

"Right! Thank you, as I was saying. I simply wish to become closer to him. Something close to being friends, but not that close."

"You mean associate?"

"Something like that, but less formal."

"Companions?"

"That's more like it! I guess what we are, but on nicer terms."

He snapped back to reality, realizing that this girl had somehow built a relationship between them and was able to identify it. "We are not companions."

"Why not? I mean, I guess we're not on the best terms. But you ate food with me, that alone should have made us friends!" Joon protested.

"Look, I don't know what it's gonna take to get this in your head. I don't want to be around you, I don't want to help you. Please just leave me alone." His voice started to sound desperate, pleading the girl for his isolation.

She stared back at him, her round eyes bored onto the male who in response simply looked away.  

"How about this? Help me out and I'll never talk to you ever again, and I'll make sure in the future no one does either. Actually, I can't guarentee that second part, but I bother you anymore." 

A grieving sigh escaped from the male. Should he continue resisting or simply go with her plan? Careful debating went on in his head as he weighed the pros and cons. It'd be easier to ignore her but dealign with her constant pestering would be a huge pain in the . On the other hand, he could help out and take perhaps two weeks to get her to be friends with Yixing and have her off his back, taking in the fact that she'll keep up her end of the deal. 

"Tell me, why do I have to waste my time helping you though? As in, besides my salvation of peace and quiet, what else gives me reason to help you out?" 

Silence filled the air as one second later, the bell signaling the start of class rang. A sudden wind blew around sending strands of the both of their hairs fluttered away in the air. Luhan stared at Joon, awaiting her answer. He predicted that she'll come up ith some reason, either utterly uncomprehensible or just plain selfish. Yet he was taken back when she finally replied with a simple, "Nothing, really." 

"So I'm at a loss here?" 

"You get salvation of peace and quiet." 

Speechless, Luhan lets out a breath through his nose. "Fine. If this doesn't work out in two weeks then it's on you." To which, Joon nodded in agreement. It should be enough. 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Chimes of the school's bell rang with a melody that signaled the end of class. Luhan's eyes groggily woke up to a pair of eyes that stared intently at his actions causing him to jump back in shock. "Yixing just left." She mentions, slight worry covered his words as she turned her head towards the exit of his class, hoping that the other male hadn't gone too far already. 

Meanwhile, Luhan rubbed his eyes sleepily, mumbling, "Why didn't you just talk to him?" 

No response. 

He peered over to the girl who replied with nothing, arching his left eyebrow. "Are shy or something?" Obviously, that isn't right. She seemed fine talking to strangers. "Does he scare you?" No, Yixing can't even handle a fly. 

"...There's too many people around him." 

Slinging his bag over his back, a groan came. "Don't tell me I have to get him alone. My god, you're making this seem like some kind of confession or something." 

Her bottom lip pouted. "It'd be nice if you could get him alone so I can strike up a conversation..." 

"How about I just teach you how you can talk to him." He quickly suggested, pushing away the idea of him actually having to talk to his former friend. 

"I guess that's not a bad idea. You know what he likes and stuff, right?" Beggers can't be choosers, Joon was willing to take any help she could recieve from him. 

The boy began walking out of the classroom and through the corridor with Joon following beside him. He thought carefully on something, anything that could help the two bond. "Er, well. You like to eat right? I'm basing this off the fact that over the past 24 hours, I've seen you eat enough to fill an entire army." She nodded. "Well, Yixing likes to cook. So maybe you could use that?" 

"Isn't that a bit hard though? I can't just randomly walk up to him, asking him to cook for me. I wouldn't mind it myself but I have a feeling he'd be uncomfortable." 

How nice of her to consider his feelings, Yet with him, she has no regard for his personal space or time. "Right. Well, he's known for making really great cakes, so how about you just ask him about some stuff about his techniques?" 

"Does this mean I have to make the cake too? I like to eat but I'm.... not too good at cooking." Joon was making an understatement. To be exact, cooking betrayed her. Cooking a simple egg would be easily burnt by her hands unfortunately. 

"Just say it's for a friend then." 

"I don't have any friends, in case you haven't noticed." 

"Huh, wonder why." His tone was covered in sarcasm. Maybe if she wasn't so agressive and weird, she could have made friends. 

Taking his words literally Joon answered, "The girls in my class think that I'm creepy and the guys think I'm weird for eating so much. There's actually a lot more but that is most of the complaints I've heard so far."

He didn't blame them for it. Even if he wasn't in his mental state, Luhan knew himself he'd be one of those people who'd avoid her at all costs. Hopefully his friend wouldn't do the same. But he grew weary of all the obstacles she was placing, if she wanted this to work out then she had to start thinking as well. "Just say your mom wants to improve on her cooking or something!" 

"But wouldn't that be lying?" 

"Look, you're going to have to put some effort here too. I can't be thinking of everything for you." 

"I don't want to lie about my parents." 

"it's not like he'll ask to see them!" 

"It's disrespectful towards them!" Joon argued back. 

A long and loud groan exploded from his throat before he walked ahead. "You take that information how you want to! I want you to strike a conversation with him tomorrow morning using that topic as a starter!" Luhan marched to his home, not even bothering to see if the girl had possibly followed him home or not. The day was tiring him out. More like, Joon tired him out. Social interaction was so unnessesary that Luhan just felt so overwhelmed and sick of it. Two weeks, he thought. Just two and he can return to what he was doing. Not bothered and not caring. After a quick shower, he greeted his bed, drifting to sleep silently. 

He could hold her hand forever, the warmth of her presence is something he could live off of.

Eunjung. 

But the warmth was only something he imagined.

In his arms laid the corpse of his lover, eyes closed and stone cold.

Luhan merely sat in grief, there was a lack of emotion on his face as he sat in the ground, water seemed to have flooded his surroundings. Dried tears stained his cheeks as he held her body.

"Maybe if you came in time." Her voice echoed, causing an stifiied sob. 

Her body held a small smile, one filled with not happiness or joy but striken with malevolence.

Rays of the gleaming morning brings Luhan to another day, one he isn't appreciative of. He begins the day off with a quick trip to the bathroom in preparation for the day. This was the last day before weekend greets him, allowing him peace and quiet and a visit to- he suddenly face palms himself out of fustration. He had forgotten to visit Eunjung yesterday out of desperation to get away from Joon along with the day before. He had long ago broken the routine and most likely today would have been no different if he had not realized it sooner. Determined to keep his priorities straight, Luhan prepares himself for school and to get the girl off his back. 

A loud knock suddenly greeted him as he prepared to leave. No one ther than Joon shouted from the other side, "Luhaaaaaan! Are you awake yet?!" 

Immediately, he opens the door with scowl and shuts it behind him. He felt the need to scold her for being so annoying in the morning before letting it go and discussed their plans on how to approach his old friend. "Since we're going to arrive early at school today, there's time for you to ask right before class starts, but don't conclude your conversation there. Tell him you'll come back for details at lunch and visit him again later." 

"Okay, but what do I ask him?" 

"Certain things on how to make a cake. He likes baking so he won't stop talking for awhile.So just listen and maybe take notes or something." 

"I don't really have to make a cake, right?" 

He mentally groans. "No, you don't." 

She nods, giving him a thumbs up for confirmation. 

The two arrive, as planned, about ten minutes early. By then Yixing along with one or two other members of EXO were sitting in their seats, chatting away. Upon their entry, Luhan attracted eyes. He was never early, just not late. But what really drew eyes was Joon that followed right behind him. Just how close were these two? In the crowd of stares was the target himself, Yixing who gave a side glance every now and then to check up on his friend.

"What are you still doing here?" Luhan glanced back up at the girl who simply stood beside him. 

"Waiting, I guess." 

"For?" 

She shrugs. "He's busy. So I'll wait for him to not." 

He rolls his eyes. Yixing was popular for one thing. He is always talking to someone so the chances of waiting for him to stop talking is slim to none. It was a pathetic wait. And time was ticking away, if she doesn't talk to him now then his plan would be set back. Nervously, he kept checking the time. When would she just get up and ask already? 

Before he knew it, Luhan took her by the elbow and pulled her towards Yixing. Catching not only the girl by surprise but his "friend" as well. 'Hey, Joon has something to ask you." 

Say something. Please for the love that is all things good, say something! Luhan prayed as there was a couple seconds of awkward silence before Joon finally uttered, "Please teach me how to cook."  

____________________________________________________________________________________

AHHHHHHHHH I'M STILL ALIVE AND I'M SO SO SORRY FOR THE LONG HIATUS/ UPDATE!! ; _ ; I have forgotten what I planned so I'm sorry if it seems pointless or dragging on? I'm hoping to update soon! So please, do subscribe!