Gone to soon

The husband you forgot

Monday afternoon 7:30 pm

After changing out of my suit and into a t-shirts and grey sweats I popped myself on the couch and became relaxed there was a knock at my door and my cell was going off  now who the hell would be knocking on my door right now. Ugh I got the door then opened it .

 

Rin": Tae what are you doing here?"

Tae": I need to talk to you it's important" breathless from running

Rin": Come in , jeez what happened to you? Is this smoke ? Why do you smell like smoke" Touching his cheek

Tae" That's what I wanted to ta-" cut off by the phone ringing

 

Ring.......ring

 

Rin": Let me take this real fast"

Vanessa": Rin hello"

Rin": Vanessa listen can I call yo-"

Vanessa":  This can't wait!!!!!" Fear in her voice

Rin": What's going on?"

 

Tae looked at her once the tone in her voice changed the closed his eye's and sighed as if he knew what was about to be said now sitting on the couch rubbing his knees.

Vanessa": I'm so sorry .....I really am" voice cracking

Rin": Sorry about what? Come on ,Nessa talk to me?"

Vanessa": Its your parents... They...their" stuttering

Rin": What? There what?"

Vanessa": Dead..... Rin .. Hello ,.. Rin please answer me?"

 

Beep

 

Rin": You ing you knew?" Hitting him on his chest

" this what I was trying to tell you" trying to grab her wrists

Rin": DON'T TOUCH ME, Don't ing touch me,I hate you ,I hate you!!!!!" Crying

"Shhhhh , it going to be ok" resting his chin on her head

All could do is scream and hit him till I felt the floor under me, of course he was with me holding tight while we rocked. I don't know what to do I didn't even get a chance to say good bye , no one should go like that nobody . I'll admit that I shouldn't have taken my anger out on him all he was trying to do was warn me but Vanessa beat him to the punch, I will say that I'm thankful that he's here I couldn't be alone . I asked him to stay with me.

" I saw them Saturday and I got into with mom and no-" 

Tae": She's in a better place now ,both of them are"

" I know it's just I wish that my last conversation with her wasn't a stupid argument"

Tae": I'm sure she knows you love her,"

": Tae?"

Tae": hmm"

": Can you stay with me ...please" looking at the floor 

Tae": I would but I don't have a change of clothes"

": I can wash yours and you can stay um , I'll go set up the guess room for you"

 

Not letting him reply I got up and fixed the guess room , then grabbed him some fresh towels and placed them in the bathroom then walked back to the living room and when I did he was cooking some again so I sat in the stool and my mini bar and he turned around with my wooden spoon that had red sauce in it.

Tae": Taste this real fast"

"What is it?" Looking at him

Tae": Taste's it first it first don't worry you'll like it" Hold the spoon to

": Mmm oh my god this is really good "

Tae": Told you , see you just have to have a little faith"

": Yea what do you know about having faith in people?"

Tae": Faith is what got me to find you" smile at her

 

The pain in my head started again but this time it felt more aggressive next thing I know I'm get these flashing images in my head . Like broken glass , I hear a women laughing with a guy but I can't see there faces its blury and fuzzy And then it stopped. Tae didn't notice , that was weird really weird.

" How'd you learn to cook kimich?"Rubbing her head

Tae": My mom taugh-" stop to stare at her 

": what?"

Tae": How did you know I was making kimich?"

": I don't know, wait have I had this before"

Tae": Yea I showed you how to make it"

": Was this on our honeymoon as well?"

Tae":No that was when we lived in Washington" Finishing the kimich

": Why were we in Washington?"

Tae": I'm one of the top body guards"

": So you worked for the president, then why are you here in Florida?"

Tae": Let's talk about something else"

": OK fine how old are you?"

Tae": 25"

": Your my age wow"  , giggling

Tae" what's so funny?"

": You have some sauce on your cheek" wipping it off with a napkin

Tae": Thanks, um you can eat while I go get clean , straight down the hall right"

": Yea oh um your towels are in the guess room"

 

I watched him till he disappear and ate some kimich my head feels normal, I forgot I left a bracelet that Gao got me in the guessed room running to fine no Tae I grabbed the bracelet turning seeing a soaking but toned Tae standing in the door way with just a purple towel covering his lower half.

 

Tae": Can I help you?" 

": No um I was just looking for a earring"

 

He didn't look convinced , looking at the window not following his gaze next thing I know is he shut the door . with that I turned around only to be lifted over his shoulder and thrown on the bed.

"What the hell are-"

 

He kissed me not harshly but passionate way at least more passionately than Gao dose anyway. And the next thing I know It's morning and I feel a arm around my waist trying to move he pulls me in closer to his body placing warmth to my body so this time I carefully placed his arm at his side and tiptoed to shut his door then head to the bathroom ,looking in the mirror there a lot of hecky from my neck to my pelvic area, I hear the door bell who the hell could that be and this early thrown on my black silk fit robe with my tweet pajama shorts before opening the door.

 

Gao":  y as every" after kissing her

" Gao .......What are you doing here?"

Gao": Um I sent you a message Saturday "

"Listen how about You come back later and I make us dinner" holding the door .

Slams the door in his face

 

 

 

Tae": Who was that?"

"Um   sigh a friend of mine"

Tae": Last time I recalled friends don't kiss friends on the lips" glaring at Rin

": OK first of all don't , think just because we had that , Were a couple "

Tae": We didn't have you passed out after I kissed you"

": Then why the hell? don't I believe you,huh?"

Tae": brief silence

" Sight this was a mistake ,How about we just live our lives and forget everything that happened?"

Tae": No !!!!!" Backing her into the walk

": Why can't you let this disappear?" Look at the floor

Tae": Look when we got married I swore that I wouldn't leave your side no matter what" lifting her chin

 

They stared at other till he leaned in for a kiss . Her turning away he kissed her neck then breathed in her neck a whisper.

Tae": I'm not giving up on you"

": It would be better for everyone if you did, please leave"

Tae": Fine but let me say this I will win your heart no matter how long it takes" 

 

Opening the door for him he got dressed then left . I need to change my clothes so I can set up the ....... the wake & funeral arrangements , walking to the bathroom I open my mirror and notice my aspirin bottle just staring at it made me sensitive taking the bottle out  closing the cabinet , saw my reflection but it wasn't looking back at me it was smiling with my mom and dad behind it. Removing the top and taking the bottle to the kitchen for a glass of water then did something that I promised myself that I would never do . Change into a blue tank top and denim shorts the phone rang I walked to get it till I felt dizzy and I couldn't walk straight holding the wall for support till I tried to grab the stool but fell head first hearing the phone still ringing.

 

 

Beep beep. Beep

Voice's

 

": we were able to pump her stomach "

": Shell be OK.... Right I mean she's going to live right"

": yes she fine it's just she need's to rest so "

": I'll stay here, "

 

I felt someone's hand under mine I knew it was Gao . I felt my eyes get heavy again and fell asleep .

 

Hazy memory:

Am I dreaming

is that Me? 

what's going on?

Roses licous lips hovering mine

Laughter, sense of cinnamon

Candles, rose petals scattered across the floor

End of memory

 

Greenhouse hospital  2:23 pm

 

I took in my surrounding after my vision was clear I began to realize that I was in a hospital room. Feeling the sun hit my face kind of upset me cause I didn't want to be here not without my parents , There was a knock at the door which made me escape my thoughts.

Doctor Black": at good your awake" whispering

Rin" H..how did I get here & why are you whispering?"

Do for": so I don't wake your friend "

 

I turned to see who he was talking about laying in a chair next to my bed wasn't Gao but Tae . Well it makes sense as to how I got here were the hell is Gao I haven't seen him accept that one time. 

 

Doctor black": I just came in to see how your doing I'll be back to give you some papers to sign"

Rin": Wait what about the bill?"

Doc black": Oh your friend already paid for the bill" 

 

I look at Tae as he slept damn him why didn't he let me die ? Why couldn't he leave me alone. I quietly got out of bed and headed to the restroom shutting the door behind me , I stood there staring at myself in the mirror I looked pale as a ghost my lips were chap my throats dry so I drank some water from the sink . After that I opened the door Tae was still sleep he must be a heavy sleeper , where did that duffle bag come from ? Feeling curious I ped it and saw some  underwear and a couple of clothes why would he pack all these clothes I didn't even buy these and how does he know my size turning toward the door I saw a green shirt and jeans hanging on the door grabbing it and went to the restroom coming out Tae was staring out of the window at something.

 

Tae": What were you thinking" still looking out the window

": I'm not dead so let's just leave it alone "zipping the bag

Tae": Leave it alone .... leave IT ALONE!!!!!! " yelling

": Why are you yelling?"

Tae": Do you know how scared I was, do you"

": Why didn't you let me die huh, why do you always have to save me , why?"hitting his chest

 

Tae pulled her into a hug holding her tight he understands that she was hurting but he didn't think that she would try to kill herself and he wasn't letting her go that easily he loved her to much so if he had to look after her he was determined to be there every step of the way.

 

Tae": Your parents wouldn't have wanted this"

": Why want you give up on me"

Tae": I Love you and I can't see my world if your not in it"

": What if I never remember you?"

Tae": Then we can create new memories"

": You make it sound so easy"

 

He let go and walked over to his chair laying his head on the side on the bed. 

 

Rin": Um why did you pack all thes-"

The door opened up and a nurse walked in with some paper's I guess they were for me she stood there staring at Tae while he went back to sleep . it made me sick how see was looking at him like he was a pieces of meat , so I played with her .

 

Rin": Did you need something"

Nurse": Yea hears your sign out papers "

Rin": Wait I didn't sign up for rehab"

Nurse": Your friend did and we. Decided that it'll be best if you stay with relative or friend"

Rin": Nurse"

Nurse": hmmmm"

 

Rin pushed the nurse out the door then slammed it shut causing my so called friend to wake up. 

 

Tae": God why so loud?"

Rin": now that your awake why the hell did you sign me up for rehab?"

Tae": One you needed it and two I feel better knowing you aren't alone"

Rin": Why do you say that like I'm your responsibility " pause before speaking again " damn I am not a child"

Tae": No I see you aren't but I am still going to be there helping you till you don't feel depressed again rather you like it or not" Holding her chin

Rin": stop it" pulling from his strong yet soft hand

Tae": stop what?" Bitting his lip

 

Placing the duffle bag before Tae pulled it off my shoulder and placed on his the left . I walked out seeing every female nurse even the one behind the desk Stare at Tae as he walked to his car then went back to there job I walk up to the front and ask told them I have no family that live here and about my parents passing but they told me that I have a friend that paid for everything and that's who I'm staying with till rehab is over with.

 

Rin": um thank you"

 

Outside Tae pulled up and unlocked my side getting in he gave me a pair of butterfly style blackish blue sun glasses. Skipping them on we drove off . I asked if I could turn on the radio and my favorite song by James Authur Tulisa's Young  she heard Tae rap along to the song and Rin  smiled still looking out the window , Tae stopped the car once they hit a red light.

 

Rin": why am I staying with you?"

Tae": Vanessa out of town and I think you'll feel better at someone else house"

Rin": Tae "

Tae": Yea " looking at the road

Rin": When you said that you'll be here every step of the way "

Tae": Uah- hn"

Rin": Did you mean that will you be here no matter what?"

Tae": Till I breathe my last breath"

 

He stopped the car in his garage , turned off the car then ran to my side letting me out then he open his door and we walked in god his place is bigger than mines.he placed the duffle bag on what looks like a black suede couch ,wow look at this place its huge, I saw a some pictures of us at a um.

 

Tae:" We were at a carnival"

Rin": wow" holding the picture in her hand

Tae": What?"

Rin": I just can't understand how I'd forget a date & I'm starting at this photo"

Tae": You'll remember it just take time"

Rin": Where is your guess room"

Tae": Come on I'll show you"