When did you get married?

The husband you forgot

April 7,2014

 

Thursday at the office

 

Vanessa "Rin someone sent you flower's I put the on your desk"

Rin"thanks"

 

 Once I closed my door I saw the roses they're beautiful and smell good I saw a card it said happy birthday but there was no name at the bottom hmm I wonder who sent these . Why would somebody sent me roses but remain anonymous this is really going to bug​ me but I need to finish working on this case before I forget . By the time I finished the paper work then looked at the clock it read 4:59am great now all I hav-

 

Ring ring

I picked up the phone

 

" Hello"

Trish": Honey how long do plan to have us wait"her mom said impatient my

" Mama how many times have I told you to call my cell"

Trish" Look little girl I'm the paRint your the child . Why in the hell aRin't you here yet"

"I'm in my way ok I just have to email something"

Trish" Alright don't' take too lon."

"Love you too ma bye"

beep

Trish Smith's POV

 

 

 

Rin" Love you too Ma bye"

 

 "Oh hell no this little girl did not hang up on me"

James" Baby calm down , and don't start anything you said you wanted our daughter to be independent and now she is and I am sure she didn't mean to hurt your feelings "

" It's not that it's just that I don't want my babe to were herself out working non stop"

James": well here's your chance to tell her that"

 

Rin walked into Cheddars at the front looking for her paRints once her dad saw her he stood up and waved his hand in her direction she saw him and ran over to them men from the left and right was caught up in Rin's fitted one shoulder rosey red dress and how her hair formed perfectly in her face while she kept running till she hugged paRints then finally she sat down taking her leather jacket off reavling her star  tattoo flowing down changing  into little birds flying out to her hand .

Rin" Did you guys order yet" Breathless

"No we were waiting for you"

Rin"Daddy you guys didn't have to wait"

Waiter: Are you all ready to order"

Rin"Yes I want the buffalo chicken wrap and raspberry lemonade"

Waiter"Alright what can I get for you sir?"

James" I want the catfish dinner and water

Waiter" You ma'ma?"

Trish:" I want the salmon dinner With Sprite mixed in with tea"

Waiter:"Alright I'll be back with your drinks and place your order's , would y'all like an appetizers while you wait?"

Rin":Mom , Dad?"

"No"both parents

Waiter": OK then I'll be back with your drinks oh my name is Rinée"

 

 

The waiter came back with our drinks and disappeared I drank some of my lemonade then was caught off guard by my parents surprise announcement with a big gift bag . There's the best parents in the world even though I distinctly remember asking them not to buy me anything.

"You guys didn't have to get me gift's"

Trish": sweetie your our only child and we thought it would be a good idea for gifts"

James:" Plus were not getting any younger and neither are you and you need to celebrate cause you only turn 25 once's"

 

Well he was right away I took out some sweats of diffeRint colors and the Jean jacket with leather sleeves That I was saving money for but I can save up for a house . Kisses and hugs were out to both of them  I regret taking that last sip of lemonade cause I started to feel like I had to pee really bad trying to prevent it I crossed my leg's.

James:" anything happen at work? Have any court cases coming up?

": Mmhmm Yea actually y have a case on Monday and I got some beautiful roses sent to my office today" 

Trish": who were the flowers from?"

"Honestly I don't know,"

James": Somebody send you rose's but they didn't leave a name?"

" strangely as that sounds , Yea"

Trish" My babygirl's has an admirer"

"Ma can we please not do this right now please?"

James": Beth come on she's right"

Trish": sight Sight Aight fine"

"Thank you"

James": But she has a point why can't you be admired your gorgeous"

" I'll be right back"

 

Pacing to restroom I ran into the stall locking the door  . After peeing I felt better and my stomach was empty from all the lemonade anyway Washing my hands I felt a pair of eye's on me Looking in the mirror a young girl about 16 or 17 was staring at my tattoo She seemed shy cause she looked at her feet once I turned around .

Girl" Did it hurt"

"Like hell , but It was worth it"

Girl": Cool I love how the star's turn into bird's when it stops at your hand"

" Thanks I drew this design while I was at law school"

 

I apologized to her cause I had to get back to my paRints. Giving her my card I walked out the restroom pacing til  I bumped into a very tall yet y man who still held me with both hands around my waist .

Taec" Happy birthday babe"

" I'm sorry you have me confused with somebody else"

Taec": Rin Jamie Yeon right?"

" How this the hell did you know my name?"

Taec:" Why didn't you change your last name?"

" I don't know"

Taec" You're lying"

" How do you know"

Taec" you promised me you wouldn't lie to me"

 

This guy is joking right I why would I make a promise to and not remember that . After looking into his eyes I wanted to believe it but I couldn't understand if I did promise that how come I can't remember or even remember dating him , walking back to my paRints I took a bite of my chicken wrap I her my dad say something.

James" baby girl?"

"Huh"

James": DId something happen in the rest room?"

" No um I'm just a little tried"

Taec" clearing his throat"

James:" Is there something we can help you with son?"

Taec":  why didn't you change your last name back to Smith?"

" Dad mom let's go"

 

As we put our coat's/jackets on my parents went ahead I scooted out till he cornered me .

 

"Babe why didn't y-"

" stop calling me that"

 

Moving passed him I headed for the exit until

 

Taec" like the flowers?"

" why?"

 

He walked closer now theirs a little bit of space between us he stood there with both hands in his pockets , eyes filled with fear and determination .

 

Taec:" sigh You didn't change your last name because It means something to you dosen't it?"

" I tried but I couldn't , it's special, now please let me alone

Taec" sigh That scar under your right it heal yet?"

" why do you know about that?"

Taec" why didn't You open up a art store?"

" if you come near my family or me again I will kill you"

Taec" No you won't"

" What makes you so sure"

Taec" I know that you wouldn't hurt a fly"

"Bye"

Taec"  I made love to you  everyday , massaged your feet when you would complain about them"

 

I don't know if it was fear or anger but all I do know is he got the message Once my hand went across his face. Rushing out the door meeting my paRints.

 

Taec" Were Married"

" what?"

Taec": Sigh Your my wife

 

 

I turned from my parents and stared at this guy like he was nuts for a while till my dad pulled me towards his car mom following us.

James:"Yo u want me to call the police"

 

I looked back at him then thought about my answer.

 

"No its fine I come by tomorrow and pick up my other gifts Just go home "

Trish": Are you sure you'll be ok"

" Positive I love you guys thanks for the dinner"

James and Trish" Baby no problem , call us when you get home OK"

"Promise"

 

I watched them drive off then headed to my truck placing  my purse and gift bag in my back seat then locked it placing my hand on the handle and opened it till his hand shut it and blocked me from getting in.

Taec:" Just let me explain "

"You really need help"

Taec": I can prove it"

 

Quickly I ran to the other side of the car pulling on the door but it wouldn't open searching my jacket I couldn't find my key's bending to search under my vehicle till I heard a familiar voice.

 

Taec": looking for these, you shouldn't be on the ground you'll destroy your dress"

" Thank yo-"

Taec": Where do you live?"

"You'll take me straight home"

Taec" I'll take you anywhere you want to go"

 

Taec POV

 

The drive to her house was quite until she broke the silenced which brought a smile to my face.

 

Rin"' So how do are you going to prove I'm your wife ?"

" Ask me anything and I am sure Get it right "

Rin" So confident"

"I know you like the back of my hand"

Rin" How did I get the scar"

" Age 12 you climb up a tree and a bird flew towards you were distracted by you fell and a piece of glass hooked to you it was under your right and I pulled it out and it left its mark after you got 4 stitches and judging how you never answered my question it never completely healed."

Rin" What's my favorite color ?"

" You don't have one"

Rin" When did I tell you this stuff about me?"

" When I borrowed you're notes in college cause after our second semester we started dating and that's when we played 20 questions."

 

Parking in front of her house she got out and head toward the door turned to me with her hand out for her keys unlocked the door and stood at the door frame.

 

" Aren't you going to let me inside?"

Rin" Fine " rolling her eyes

 

Rin POV

He looked around then noticed a picture of me and My great grandma. A smile came across his face God why can't I  remember being married to this guy . I doubt that I would forget his face , Maybe I will start to remember eventually wait am I saying this guy could have googled me for all I know.

 

Taec:" if you bite your lip any harder You start to bleed"

": It's a bit of a habit" touching her lip

 

He went to the kitchen and came back with a wet paper towel then placed well tried to place it on my lip till I stopped his hand until he glared at me .

 

"I'm a grown women"

Taec": A stubborn one at that now be steel"

 

Trying to move from his grip he tighten it which made it worse , so I stopped moving then be loosened his grip on my chin he was so focused on the blood on my lip he didn't notice me staring at him So I thought.

 

Taec": See something you like?"

": I don't even know you"

 

By the time he finished I went to my room to change into my Tweety Bird Pajama's dad got me last Christmas. Once I came out He was sitting on the couch he must of heard me. 

 

Taec": Rin I don't bite so you  sit down"

" How do I know you're not a crazy?"

Taec": You'll have to trust me" reaching his hand out for hers

 

Why do I feel like I'm going to regret this. Wow his hand is really soft , he pulled in his lap  with my hand still in his I started placing our hands together to see how big his hand is god his hand is soft .

 

"Does this annoy you?"

Taec": No You would do this a lot whenever we just relaxed on our honeymoon.?"

" wait Sorry this is random what's your name?"

Taec:" Tae Cyeon"

 

 

When he said his last name it sounds similar to mine but there's no C . There's this pinch of sting in my head I didn't want to show it so I ignored the pain he must have noticed cause his hand was caressing my check before making me face him he leaned in so our lip were at the  same level till he came closer then the pain grew .

"You know it's really late so can we talk tomorrow?"

Tae": Yea um are you OK , you don't feel dizzy do you?"

"No I'm fine. I'm just starting to get a headache is all so"

Tae": Take 2 advils with water and I'all see you tomorrow."

"Um OK see ya" walking him to the door

Finally shutting the door I just remember that he drove home with my car. Running back to catch him before its' too late.

"Tae!!! Damn it" 

Heading towards my bathroom I grabbed an Advil with water and snuggle up in my queen sized bed and turn off my light. The Advil wasn't working the pain only gotten worse it felt like my head was being beaten with a hammer And my vision became blurry for some reason till I out.

 

Saturday morning 

Sun hit my face threw my blind's making it hard to see as I get out of bed and run to the bathroom . EVERYTHING FEEls weird like it was all a dream did last night really happen ...I mean a random guy didn't come up to me and say he is my husband did he thinking about that as I washed my hands for a while until my answering machine went off.

Machine: Hey this is Rin you know what to do

 

Beep

First message

Vanessa": why the hell am I hearing rumors that your married call me back beep

Second message 

James: Hey baby girl just calling to make sure you made it home safe call me when you can.  

End I messages

 

OK well it's safe to say that it wasn't a dream great! Once I changed into some Jeans and a white T-shirt with red roses on I headed to the kitchen made an omelet placed it on a paper plate and I was about to get some water till my ringtone of. Mj's Dirty Diana started playing from my table in the living room grabbed it and speak of the devil its Vanessa what are thy odds. 

 

"Yes" rolling her eye's

Vanessa": So whose this guy that calms to be your husband?"

": First of all he's not my husband ok and secondly how did find out?"

Vanessa": Renée my little sister waited your table and she heard what happened once you left  then told me"

" There is no privacy in the world anymore," falling into the brown leather couch

Vanessa": Well do you believe him, how does he look,is he cute" curiosity in her voice

" I don't know what to believe right now" letting her head fall back

Vanessa": What do you mean you don't know?"

": sighs He knows about the scar" closing her eyes

Vanesa": the one under your right "

":No the under my left... Yes and he knows how I got it"

vanessa": Are you sure he didn't Google search you I mean your a famous lawyer"

": Trust me he didn't. And my parents and you are the only one's who know" getting up place her omelette in the microwave heating in up

Vanessa": What are you going to do?"

": I don't know"

Vanessa" Does Gao know yet?"

" Oh crap I forgot about him ok can you please keep this to yourself please" pancing back and fourth

Vanessa": Were girl's aight so don't worry also what are you going to tell Gao if he run's into This guy and you together?"

 

": Oh Goa is working on a movie in Texas March 6 so we won't get caught"

Vanessa:" But what if he comes as a surprise"

": Don't think I can lie to Tae and I am just going to have to tell Gao the truth "

Vanessa"Oh so his name is Tae he sounds y "

"Nessa please be serious about this I can't lie to Tae and Gao doesn't need to find out"

Vanessa": Breath in and out, now do you love Gao?"

": Yea why?"

Vanessa": How about you get to know Tae? then decide who you want to be with"

": You realize that your asking me to choose between a stranger who I just met and my boyfriend"

Vanessa":Think about it alright I'll talk to you tomorrow"

" But Vanessa I can-" cut off

Vanessa": Think about it and stop stressing about this " 

 

 

Beep

 

Ok I'm gonna think about it then decide maybe I should write a list Yea list of how their different but the same there treatment towards me my parents and I have to do that when I come back from my parents house then finish this case file for Monday. After I ate I ran to my built-in closet grabbed my black swayed flat's my keys ran out to my car and head to my parents house. 

 

Beep 

You have 1 message

Hey you know what to do

Gao": Hey I got out early some I was wondering if you wanted to catch a movie and dinner tomorrow sorry I missed your birthday um call me when you not busy love you"

End of message

 

Parking in my parents drive through , I ran up to there door knocking on the door about 3 times before her dad opened the door in a robe.

 

Rin" Um dad were y'all, oh my god um should come back later"

James" No come in , its not like we can't continue when you leave"

Rina" OKay I get it, besides I need to talk to you guys "

 

 

James shut the door then sat with his daughter to see what's bothering her. Trish heard him talking to someone so she put on some purple underwear a sports bra a white beater, and James's Boxers then ran downstairs to see who was interrupting them when she saw it was her daughter she changed her expression walked towards them and sat next on the other side of Rin making her be in the middle of them.

 

Trish" Hey baby girl what's going on ?"

Run" Remember that guy from yesterday?"

Trish" Did he do something to you?"

James": Beth calm down and  let her finish"

Trish" I don't play that no one touches my baby an"

Run" Ma listen it's fine he didn't, touch m-me"

Trish" why the hell did you hesitate when you said me?"

 

 

Trish & James 

1:02 am

Yes her parents are real freaks, that's were there daughter get her freakness from

In the shower before Rin  interrupted them