Meet Them

Bizarre Family

Yah! So Eun-ah! Get your in here quick before we can all be late!" Yelled Jae Joong from downstairs for the nth time.

"Coming Appa!" She yelled back.

"I think we should consider buying her a car, Jae-Joong-ah. We can't be--"

Pi was cut off by Calvin. "Can't you see that she's doing it on purpose?" He laughed. "You're falling for it again, Pi-chan! For someone so intelligent, I can't believe that you'll be conned for so many times." He snorted.

"It's not as if you don't spoil her rotten too." Jae Joong smirked and checked his tie in front of the mirror again so he won't go upstairs to drag So Eun by the hair. "If you're not down in ten seconds, I am so going to let you walk to school Kim So Eun!" He yelled again and soon enough, they heard her steps going down the winding staircase in haste.

"Good morning, Appa, Tou-chan, Dad!" She all gave them flying kisses while making puppy dog eyes at the glaring Jae Joong.

"You skipped breakfast again, sweetie." Calvin said and Pi rolled his eyes.

"Breakfast makes me feel bloated, Dad." She replied, stressing the last word.

"But that's the most important meal of the day." Pi negated while locking their door. Jae Joong proceeded to starting his car while Calvin went to his own. Pi had to hitchhike to work for the meantime while the insurance company takes care of his stolen Ducati. It was Jae Joong's duty to drive her to school everyday while Calvin picks her up since Father Number One (aka Kim Jae Joong) gets off work late.

"Bye Dad! Take care!" She waved at Calvin and he saluted before exiting the private driveway. "Well, Tou-chan, not for me okay? And will you stop putting sandwiches in my bookbag?" Yamaa Tomohisa--Pi to everyone--was the resident cook and Father Number Two.

"Hey, hey! Hurry up, slackers! You're not going to answer to my boss if I am any second late!" Jae Joong's one of the best TV anchors in Korea and today's the initial brainstorming for his upcoming investigative program. The two exchanged knowing glances and each boarded their designated seats inside Jae Joong's flashy Volvo XC90.

So Eun turned the radio on and sang along with Super Junior's 'It's You' loudly. Pi was cringing at the backseat but didn't dare say a word. Jae Joong turned the radio off.

"Appa!"

"We haven't had a decent conversation in the last few days, So Eun-ah." He said firmly and when he uses that tone, she won't dare go against him. She settled on her seat and secured her seatbelt. "How's school?"

"Fine."

"Just fine?" Pi butted-in.

"And since when you're allowed to go to school in that scanty clothing?" Jae Joong asked with an edge in his voice. He eyed her short skirt in disgust.

*And I thought Appa didn't notice.* She thought and bit her lip.

"Yeah. You look more like you're going to a party than going to school." It was Pi--while munching pretzels from Jae Joong's personal stash.

"Yah! Are that MY pretzels you're eating?!" Jae Joong asked in a dangerous tone.

"But it's intramurals, Appa, Tou-chan. And do you want me to wear a parka in the middle of spring?" She asked and Pi grinned when Jae Joong's attention was diverted again to So Eun.

"But I am sure you're attracting too much attention with what you're wearing." He protested. "This will be the last time I am going to see you wearing that or I'll have someone follow you twenty-four seven." He threatened and her eyes widened in horror. He's not joking and he definitely had means to that.

"Y-you can't mean that, Appa." Her voice trembled a bit. That will surely ruin her reputation in school! She's already a walking gossip because of her less than conventional family with three fathers no more than twelve years her senior and different nationalities to boot.

"Since when did I become a joker?" He asked while turning to Google Korea's driveway. Pi works as the head web analyst for the world-famous internet search engine. Pi was about to exit the car without a word when, "You and I are gonna talk tonight, Yamaa Tomohisa." He breathed and Pi pouted.

"Fine!" He shoved the bag of half-eaten pretzels on Jae Joong's neck harshly and got off. "Bye, Hime-chan (Princess)!" And scooted towards his building with a huff, completely ignoring his brother.

"That glutton--!" Jae Joong muttered under his breath while brushing pretzel crumbs off his shirt . He made a u-turn to get back to the main highway. "Seriously, So Eun-ah, you have to study well. We're paying a king's ranson just to send you to that school and--"

"I know, I know! Since when did I let you down?" She beamed and Jae Joong rolled his eyes. It was true, So Eun might be a little spoiled but she values everything that they give her and when it comes to her studies, they didn't have a problem, not even once.

"There's always a first time."

"You're so full of negativity in the morning, Appa! That's not good for your skin." She ran a finger on his exposed forearm playfully." Eeeeewwww! So dry!" She shrieked.

"Yah!" And So Eun almost doubled over laughing. It was really hard to joke around the ever-serious Kim Jae Joong. She noticed that they're already pulling up the front of Minjok Leadership Academy. "Be careful, araso?"

"Ne, Appa. You too." She unbuckled her seatbelt and gave him a peck on the cheek. "See you later!" She waited for the car to disappear from her sight before she skipped towards school. She wondered silently on what she would do if she didn't have them.

****************************************************************************

Kim Bum almost whistled when he saw the girl getting off the shiny Volvo. It was the exact same model he was asking his Mom. She agreed to buy him the car but there's a catch. He had to transfer to Minjok Leadership Academy and do good for at least a year. Well, he wasn't dumb if that's what you're thinking but he was not getting good grades from his previous school because of all the violations he accumulated during his stay. He hopped from one school to another when those schools stopped accepting his parents' money to cover up for his mishaps. And Minjok's one of the best schools in Korea. Apart from it being very expensive, it was also ultra-exclusive--as in exclusive for the brainy.

"Who's that?" He nodded towards her direction. He wasn't just attracted by the car but by her long legs as well.

"Who?" Min Ho, one of his new friends asked and looked around. They were gathered in one of the concrete benches scattered around the school grounds.

"That girl," He emphasized the last word, "Is off-limits, Bum-ah." Chang Min chuckled lightly.

"Right. She's mine!" Hyun Joong declared proudly.

"Like hell she is!" Yoo Chun whacked him on the head.

"Yah!" Hyun Joong yelled and whacked him in return.

"Would you tell me who she is or I'll go up to her and ask?"

"That's Kim So Eun, the campus queen and the reigning Miss Intramurals, Miss Minjok and Seoul's Dongsaeng." He was glad Kang In volunteered the information, he was getting impatient. "And she's also my future girlfriend." He added and the rest burst into laughter.

"What is this? All of you have a crush on that Kim So Eun?" He snorted.

"It's not as if you weren't attracted by her too!" Min Ho said defensively.

"Too? Does that mean that you are?" A voice asked and Min Ho practically jumped up in fright. He scrambled from his seat and he was beside the voice's owner right away. Bum surveyed the girl tactically. Fair skin--translucent almost, probing dark eyes, short black hair, her voice was quite deep for someone lacking in height but she's pretty altogether. And it was funny how the tall and aggressive Min Ho cower in front of her.

"H-hye Sun-ah. . ! I d-didn't say that! I was referring to t-them!" He pointed to our direction and the guys just looked down. She gave them a glare but unfortunately Bum was the only one looking at her so she seem to have made him the receiving end of her wrath.

"Yah! If you're thinking anything unhonorable about So Eun then you can think again."

"Hye Sun-ah. . ." Min Ho called in a sing-song voice but the girl shot him another death glare.

"I have nothing to say to you." She walked away without looking back, Min Ho was following closely behind like a lost puppy. He attempted to touch her but she brushed his hands off harshly.

"That was Gu Hye Sun by the way." Chang Min said slowly. "Min Ho's girlfriend."

"And did she just threaten me?" He asked in disbelief. "And was it just me or you're afraid of her too?"

"We just don't want to be in the middle of a crossfire. You should have seen that two fight before and you'll practically develop a phobia. Hye Sun-sshi's not someone you should mess with." Kang In in defense of all his friends and himself.

"And that include her friends, Bum-ah."

"So? I don't intend to be part of her circle of friends anyway." He let his chest out for emphasis and scoffed.

"Well, let's see about that." Si Won nodded.

****************************************************************************

"Why the long face?" She asked as she dropped beside Jun Su with a smile. He pointed towards a certain direction using his lips and pouted even more. She followed the same direction and saw Hye Sun fighting with her star basketball player boyfriend Lee Min Ho. Well, it looked more like she was ignoring him while he was trying to explain or something. And she understood Jun Su's attitude at once.

"Su. . ." She started. "I think you should confess." He stared at her with wild eyes and she held a hand up to stop him. "Just to get it all out, you know? You won't ask for anything, just tell her already and then forget about her for goodness' sake!" She hissed. Kim Jun Su's the school Kinka and the current Seoul's Oppa. And since she's the Seoul's dongsaeng, many people thought that they're an item. An assumption they didn't correct.

"How can I do that when she's dating that Lee guy!" He hissed back. The bell rang but their banter continued in the gymnasium, their attention wasn't in the basketball game anyway. For a reason unknown to them yet, Hee Chul's absent and Jun Su's stuck beside So Eun to ward of unwanted admirers yet again.

"Why care about Lee Min Ho when he practically snatched your future girlfriend? Just confess already!"

"What the hell for? They look happy together." Jun Su was staring at the bleachers below where Hye Sun was watching Min Ho play ball even if she was obviously pissed off. The ever supportive girlfriend. So Eun nearly sneered. She never really liked Hye Sun. Well, it wasn't hate or anything. Maybe more of envy. Hye Sun had the charmed life that everyone wants. She's practically a walking cliche--pretty, rich, intelligent, well-connected and with a gorgeous boyfriend to boot. And for Jun Su to be all over her was just too much! "Sometimes, I think that you're jealous of Hye Sun. Are you, by any chance, falling for me, So Eun-ah?" Jun Su faced her, utter disgust was visible in his face. If only it wouldn't ruin her reputation, she would gladly beat Jun Su to a pulp. Pi taught her well enough.

"Did you just insult me?" She breathed. "Let Hee Chul-ah hear about this." In a threatening voice and Jun Su just laughed.

****************************************************************************

"Five hundred million won. You won't even get to ask her out on a date." Hyun Joong was confident. Nobody dared to ask Kim So Eun out on a date. Not even the go-getter Kang In or the ultra rich Jung Yun Ho.

"Deal." Kim Bum smirked and the guys' eyes widened. He was just bragging about how many girls he dated before and stupid Chang Min had to say that no matter how many girls he dated before, he won't be able to get into So Eun's pants. And his pride can't take it! Him? Kim Saeng Bum? Pfft. No no no noooo! Not in this lifetime.

"Very well. Then let me tell you what you're getting yourself into." Si Won chuckled and pointed discreetly to where So Eun was sitting at the cafeteria. "See that red head beside her?" Bum's forehead creased but nodded.

"That crossdresser?" He asked.

"What do you mean crossdresser?" Yoo Chun asked in disbelief. "That's a guy, you pabo. Kim Hee Chul's So Eun-sshi's best friend slash bodyguard."

"Oh." Was all Bum could say. He thought it was a she in men's clothing. The boy looked too feminine. And he's her bodyguard? The guy could use some weight, you know. "So?"

"What so? That's her bodyguard and you can talk to So Eun if you can get past Hee Chul."

"That gay? I can't believe you guys are scaaaareeed." He cooed.

"Kim Hee Chul might be gay but you can't tell the difference while he's beating you up." Si Won snorted and slightly shivered on a distant memory. He was soccer team captain and Hee Chul signed up for it. He was too vain that he won't play if the sun was too bright or would ask for a time out if he gets to sweat too much. The other members wanted him out and since he was captain, he gets to decide and he kicked him out for the good of everyone even if Hee Chul was a fairly good player. The next thing he knew, Hee Chul was knocking the daylights out of the WHOLE soccer team right in the soccer field. Nobody knew he's a Kung Fu top notch and he swore he was out for a whole day and was in crutches for almost half a month. And nobody punished Hee Chul for it. Who would punish the school owner's son anyway?

"You can't take Hee Chul." Chang Min said.

"Watch me." He stood up and sauntered to So Eun's table, smiling widely. "Annyeong hasseyo!" He started. Hee Chul looked up and stared at him then frowned. "Can I help you?" Bum was appalled that So Eun was still in an animated conversation with Kim Jun Su in an alien language. She didn't even bother looking up and so is Kim Jun Su.

"I would like to talk to So Eun-sshi." He said

"I told you I was right! You just have to believe me! It's all because you're too stubborn and won't believe me. You owe me 100 million won!" She got up from her seat and clapped her hands merrily. Jun Su looked sullen and lost.

"Fine. I just let you win 'cause I love you too much."

"I know, I know." She smiled cheekily, not really paying attention to the person Hee Chul was talking to. If only Bum can understand Chinese, he'll surely be shocked.

"Lemme guess, you want to go out on a date with So Eun-ah, is that correct?" Bum was taken aback, he didn't know that this Hee Chul guy's this straightforward.

"Err. . ." For the first time in his life, he didn't have anything to say.

"Okay, let me see. . ." He got up from his seat and by this time, they already got all the attention of the whole cafeteria except from the two pabos, So Eun and Jun Su who were still absorbed in whatever childish game they were playing. Hee Chul walked around him and sniffed. "Nice cologne." He commented gently. "Must you marinate in it?" And covered his nose with his index finger. He almost hit him then but he held himself. He can't let Hyun Joong win.

"Uh, thank you?"

"Oh God, another pabo." Hee Chul mumbled under his breath and rolled his eyes. "Yah! So Eun-ah, this guys wants to bore--erhm talk to you." He nudged So Eun slightly.

***************************************************************************

So Eun looked up to see the most gorgeous pair of dimples she has ever seen. And most sensuous smile. Plus hypnotic orbs. She was speechless for a full minute before she snapped out of her trance. "Ah, yes?" She cleared and saw that Jun Su and Hee Chul were gaping at her like she has grown two heads. Well, she can't blame them, it was the first time she went all mute on a guy. She fluttered her lashes inconspicuously and smiled sweetly.

She tactically surveyed the guy in front of her. Pricey white and blue Adidas track suit with firm muscles underneath, a fancy diver's watch on his wrist, and a limited editiion Nike Zoom on his feet. The guy spell-P-E-N-S-I-V-E. So Eun nodded inwardly. The guy has good taste. But he's not familiar at all. She wouldn't forget faces like his, would she?

"I'm Kim Saeng Bum." He bowed slightly and extended a hand. She was about to shake his hand when images of Jae Joong, Pi and Calvin crossed her mind. She withdrew her hand instantly and grabbed Hee Chul by the arm. "Hajde da ode! Požuri! (Let us go! Hurry up!)" Banging the table lightly for Jun Su to follow which he did.

"What. Is. Happening. To. You?" So Eun was yelling in Serbian all of a sudden his Serbian was not good at all. He sneaked a look at the Kim guy and he was standing at the middle of the cafeteria, jaw dropped.

****************************************************************************

A/N: Comments are loved everyone! How's the first chapter?:)