Chapter 3

A Not So Simple Vacation (On Hiatus)

 Hello guys I'm finally back. I just wanted to say a brief thank you to everybody for their understanding and the lovely messages of support I've received from some of you.  Enjoy and feel free to leave a comment and upvote! <3


As I turned to face the elevator doors I saw that beanie and plain guy were leading "V" and his friends to the reception desk. As the elevator doors started to slide shut the tallest one suddenly turned and even though he was wearing sunglasses I could feel him looking right at me. Seeing me still staring he quirked up an eyebrow before turning to follow his friends. As the doors slid shut, removing them from my sight I got the funny feeling that my simple vacation was going to get a lot more complicated.


When I agreed to babysit I didn't think that my parents would follow through on their word so soon but I was rudely awoken the next day by my parents. It seems that they wanted to cash in on my promise asap. 

"Wakey wakey Kayla" my mom said in a much too cheery voice as she ripped the covers off my bed causing me to yelp at the sudden lack of warmth. 

"Ugh how can you be so cruel, waking me up at this ungodly hour" I grumbled as I buried my face in my pillows to try and block out the bright sunlight streaming through my window as my mom ripped the curtains apart. "You just love to torture me don't you?"

"Of course, it's in my job description" she joked. "Mother, house keeper, cook, and head torturer!"

"Ha! What do you mean house keeper and cook, dad does all the cleaning and your cooking should only be used as rat poison."

She just chuckled, "true, true. Ok that's enough dilly dallying you're on duty starting now!"

"On duty?" I asked slowly, giving her a suspicious look.

"Babysitting duty, starting now till your father and I get back sometime this afternoon"

"Now!" I exclaimed looking at the clock. "But it's only 6:30!"

"Yes and your siblings are already up and your father and I are ready to go." She said as she walked to my door. "Make sure they order something slightly healthy for breakfast!"

I sighed, resigned to my day playing babysitter. "Alright, I got it. Have fun!" I called as I heard the front door open and close as they left.

Ugh it's too early, I thought as I shuffled out of bed and did my usual morning routine of tripping over my own feet and banging into the door frame before I finally made it out of my room and into the room where my siblings were. They were watching TV and looked only marginally more awake than I was.

"Hey guys" I yawned.

"Morning" Amber replied sleepily. Joe and Dylan were glued to the TV and didn't bother responding.

"I'm gonna go sleep a little more, you guys ok to watch TV for a couple more hours?" I asked.

"Yea" Amber replied. "Pokemon is on next"

"Alright" I said giving them all a kiss on the cheek. "order room service if you guys get hungry and I'm not up and if you need anything, come and get me alright?"

Grunts of affirmation came from all three. Satisfied I left to go back to bed. Most people wouldn't leave a 7 year old with two five year olds but I knew Amber would be fine. She's mature and has helped dad look after Joe and Dylan lots of times while I was in University and Mom was at work. I climbed into bed satisfied and quickly fell asleep


One hour later

"Amber I'm thirsty, I want juice!" Dylan wined.

"Yea juice, juice, juice pleasssseeeee." Joe cried.

Amber sighed and looked at her sisters closed door, before quietly knocking.

"Kayla, Joe and Dylan want juice." She said quietly, poking her head inside the dark room. "Kayla?"

No response

Quietly closing the door Amber walked back to her younger brothers thinking. Kayla had said to wake her up if they needed anything but she felt bad about waking her older sister up just to get juice. Remembering seeing some vending machenes down in the lobby, Amber made a split second decision. What Kayla didn't know won't hurt her. 

"Kayla's still asleep but we can go get juice from the vending machine downstairs." She told her brothers.

"Yay juice juice juice!" The twins shouted as Amber grabbed a key card and money off the table and herded the two boys out of the hotel room. Leaving it silent once again.


Amber glared at the machine, having encountered one of her biggest foes. Height. No matter how mature she was for her age, nothing could change that she was only seven and and very short which was a big problem as she couldn't reach the buttons or put money into the vending machine. About to abandon the machine and give up she turned around to leave when she spotted the man from yesterday leaving the hotel resturant.

"Joe, the man from yesterday, 'V', he spoke English right?" She asked as she thought of an idea.

Nodding Joe said, "Yea but he spoke funny." 

As long as he could understand her that was fine she decided. "Wait here" she told the twins ans she ran across the lobby.


Seungri was used to people running up to him and trying to grab him. It came with the territory as a Kpop idol. What he wasn't used to was somebody succeeding, which meant that when he felt a hand close around his, he was startled the sudden contact and reflexively jerked his hand away. Realizing he could have potentially hurt a fans feelings, he quickly looked around to apologize but instead of an excited fan he found a scowling, redheaded little girl.

"Um hello" he said crouching down scratching the back of his head "I'm Seu-"

"I need help" the little girl cut him off.

He blinked, "wha-aaaaa!" He yelled as the girl grabbed his hand again and started dragging him across the lobby. Turning around but still letting himself be dragged along he shouted, "HYUNGS HELP! I'M BEING KIDNAPPED! HYUNGS!!!"

The two men who exited the same restaurant just moments before Seungri started shouting watched in disbelief as their youngest was dragged away. Burying his face in his hands G-Dragon just groaned and asked "What has Seungri done now?"

TOP just chuckled and said, "Well it seems like our young manake has been kidnapped by a small child."

Scrubbing his face with his palms G-Dragon sighed. "How can he manage to cause trouble on only our second day here?"

TOP shrugged. "It's Seungri." He stated like it explained everything (which it did). "Shall we go save that kid?"

G-Dragon shook his head as they trudged off to "save" their wayward manake, wondering where his peaceful morning had gone and what other ruckus awaited him.