I'm in DANGER

Not What It Seems

 

 

She could not believe her eyes. 

She was, once again, in the presence of her idols, her stars.

Chan Yoonji was standing in the same dressing room as EXO.

Am I lucky or what? she silently thought to herself. 

"Hey! It's Yoonji-yah again!" exclaimed Chen. "What are you doing here?" 

"Hey guys! I'm your temporary make-up artist. Hope you don't mind." She smiled brightly. 

"Where's Taehyun-hyung?" asked Kris. 

"Sick. My mum asked me to fill in for him." Yoonji rubbed her arm. The room suddenly felt too small, too hot and too uncomfortable for her. She wanted to escape, for fear of embarassing herself. 

Not that I haven't done that already. 

One of the members, Luhan, sensed her discomfort. 

"Guys, please. You're making our make-up artist uncomfortable." He quietly chided his dongsaengs. Suddenly the members lowered their gazes, and Yoonji breathed a sigh of relief. 

"Okay, so ... who do I do first?" She got her make-up kit ready. 

"Me!" squealed Tao abruptly, literally diving into the black chair in front of Yoonji. 

"Um ... alrighty. I like your enthusiasm!" 

"Bags after Tao!" called Chanyeol, and soon the dressing room was filled with the voices of EXO organising their order. 

"Yo, this noise ... making it so hard to concentrate ..." muttered Yoonji.

"OI, HYUNGS! CAN YOU, LIKE, PLEASE BE QUIET?!" screamed Tao over s. 

The room fell silent at once. Not a peep from anyone. 

"Erm ... thanks, Tao, I guess." said Yoonji after a moments' silence. 

Tao sat back in his chair, smug-like. "It's no problem. Keep doing my make-up, please. Wow, you're so gentle! Unlike Taehyun-hyung. He's so rough I'm surprised I don't have fingerprint bruises on my face."

After Tao came Chanyeol, who was so eager to get his make-up done that when he made his way over to the chair he tripped and face-planted on the floor, much to the amusement of EXO, who couldn't keep tears of mirth from streaming down her undone faces.

"Chanyeol, you crazy guy! Can't go one day without tripping over in front of a pretty girl!" shrieked Chen, which caused a fresh wave of laughter. 

"Thanks guys. You're only adding to my embarassment." muttered Chanyeol. Red-faced, he slinked to the make-up chair and sat down. 

Yoonji was trying not to laugh. "Oh, Chanyeol-ssi, I can't do your make-up when your face is so red." 

"Aish! Not you too!" He looked like he was about to burst into tears. 

"Chanyeol-ssi, it's okay. It wasn't that funny." Oh my gosh I am a big fat liar. That was HILARIOUS. No way am I telling Chanyeol that in his current state. 

Chanyeol beamed at her. " I knew you were on my side! Thank you, Yoonji-yah." 

"Aw, come on Yoonji-yah, you have to admit it was funny!" protested Chen. 

"It wasn't really. Chanyeol-ssi could have, like, chipped his tooth or something." But her face said it all, and the members burst into a fresh wave of laughter.

"Sorry, Chanyeol-ssi." Yoonji smiled. "It was funny - I'm sorry!" 

. I am literally going to die of laughter. 

Half an hour passed, and she finished putting on the make-up of two other members. Yoonji was talented that way. She was super efficient and that impressed EXO.

In an hour and a half, all of EXO were ready. 

"I have to say," Yoonji mused, "I'm pretty good at doing make-up. You guys look great, if I do say so myself." 

EXO all bowed to Yoonji. "Thank you, Yoonji-yah!" they chanted in unison. 

"It's no problem, really." 

"Can you be our stylist forever?! Pleaseee? Taehyun-hyung is grumpy!" whined Tao. 

"Taehyun-oppa isn't that bad! He's just ..." she struggled to find a word.

"Demanding?" quipped Kris.

"Controlling?" supplied Sehun.

"A down-right dictator?" added Chen. 

"Aish ..." she sighed, placing a hand on her forehead. "You have nothing nice to say about your stylist. And besides, I'm only filling in for this concert, I'm too busy going to Uni to do any stylist work. I'm on my break at the moment."

"Come on, Yoonji-yah! Can you at least consider it?" Tao pleaded. 

"Maybe ..." Yo winked, and then laughed. "Although Taehyun-oppa won't be happy about that!"

One of the stage hands knocked on the door and poked his head in. "EXO-nim, you need to be on stage within two minutes." He indicated by holding up two fingers. "Stylist-nim, make sure they look perfect." 

"Yes sir." Yoonji was fluttering around, adjusting their articles of clothing and slapping the hands of unwary EXO members for attempting to touch their perfectly styled hair. 

"DO NOT TOUCH YOUR PERFECTLY STYLED HAIR!" she growled, causing Tao to almost burst into tears. 

"Oh, I'm sorry Tao-ssi! I'm just panicking a bit!" She patted Tao's back. "Don't cry, okay? You don't want to ruin your make-up, right?" 

He nodded sadly. 

The stage hand came back. "EXO, you're wanted on the stage." 

"EXO, hwaiting!" cheered Yoonji as they filed out of the dressing room. Kai was the last to leave. 

"Yoonji-yah." he called. 

"Yeah?" 

Kai smiled at her. 

"I'll be singing for you." 

"And I'll be waving my make-up brush in one hand and a flannel in the other," replied Yoonji dryly. 

Kai smirked. "You're one funny chick, Yoonji-yah."

She shrugged. "I try."

He shook his head and followed the others onto the stage.

Yoonji smiled to herself. She couldn't believe that Kai would say something like that. 

God he's even hotter up close than in his pictures. Wow, I sound like a creep.

-----------------------------------------

Yoonji watched the concert from backstage, and enojyed it immensely. Whenever EXO were on a break, she would have flannels ready to wipe the sweat off their necks and faces and reapply makeup, as well as giving them much-needed water bottles. 

"Oh my God, thank you Yoonji-yah!" panted Chanyeol, who chugged the water bottle in one gulp. 

"Hey, don't mention it. I'm just giving you water-bottles." She reapplied the last of Xiumin's makeup before examining all their faces. "You guys look perfect! Flawless." 

"EXO, you're on in thirty seconds!" warned a co-ordinator. 

"Hwaiting, EXO." said Yoonji. 

EXO gathered into one giant circle. 

"EXO, let's love~!" cheered Suho, and the members followed. They then proceeded to walk on the stage, filled with renewed energy. 

Yoonji shook her head. These guys. 

----------------------------------------------

EXO's concert was ending, and the members were on the stage, thanking the fans and saying their goodbyes before departing. 

Kai kept sneaking glances to a certain young blonde watching from the backstage. 

She's ... wow. I've only known her for less than twenty-four hours, he sighed in his head, too soon?

Yoonji was watching with great interest (obviously, because it's EXO) and excitement. 

"... And finally, we would like to say thank you to our fans. For supporting us, for being there. Without you, we would not be where we are now." concluded Suho with a bright smile on his face. 

Suddenly, the ground rumbled. 

What the-? What was that? Yoonji looked around. The ground was moving. 

"Can the audience please leave via the evacuation doors," announced a co-ordinator calmly. "Do not panic. Please do not run. Walk in a quick and calm manner." 

"EXO!" called their manager. "Follow me." 

EXO trailed after their manager, apprehension dawning on their faces. "What's going on?" asked Lay. 

"Maybe it's a small earthquake. We're taking precautions, just in case." 

Yoonji followed after them, having no idea of what to do. 

Suddenly, the ground shook very violently. Parts of the building started to crumble. 

"Everyone! Evacuate the building! It's not earthquake-proof!" 

Yoonji ran towards the entrance, but suddenly a beam from the ceiling fell and blocked her path. 

There was no way out for her. 

"HELP!" she shrieked. "I'M TRAPPED!" 

Oh my God I'm going to die in this place! She thought. 

And, to make matters worse, the stage caught on fire. 

What the -? HOW WAS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE? 

What if I die here? 

Mum ... Minhyuk-oppa. 

The fire was approaching, and it was so close she could feel its heat. 

Good-bye, world ... I didn't even get to marry Kai. 

"Yoonji-yah! Yoonji-yah!"  a voice called out. 

"I'm here! I'm here!" she waved frantically. 

"Yoonji-yah?! Where are you?!" several voices called out. EXO!

"What?! What are you crazy ers doing here?!" 

Suddenly, Kai's face appeared in a gap from the beam. 

"Yoonji-yah, we're going to get you out ... but you have to trust us, okay?" 

She was silent. 

"Yoonji-yah!" 

"Yes! I-I trust you."

"Okay ... don't get freaked out. Chanyeol-hyung, Xiumin-hyung, Tao-hyung! Come and help me!"

"On our way!" The three respective members came rushing.

"Chanyeol-hyung ... " said Kai, giving him a cryptic look. "You know what to do."

Chanyeol nodded, and with a power and grace that was completely inhuman, leapt over Yoonji and into the fire. 

"CHANYEOL!" She screamed.

"Chanyeol's fine!" yelled Kai, and at that moment Chanyeol appeared from the fire, standing in it as if it were nothing.

"What ... " she was lost for words.

He started to glow, and as he glowed brighter, the flames shrank, until they became no more.

Yoonji couldn't breathe. What was happening?! How did he do that?!

From behind, she could hear a huge weight being shifted, and she teared her eyes away from Chanyeol only to get yet another shock. 

 Kai, Xiumin and Tao were lifting that huge wooden beam over their heads. 

"I ... "

"Yoonji-yah, run! We can't hold it up forever!" urged Kai, his face red from the strain.

Without hesitation, Yoonji ran to the exit and into the cold, Seoul air. The fans were on the other side of the stadium, unaware of the phenomena that just happened.

Did they know that EXO had superpowers? That Chanyeol could absorb fire and that Kai, Xiumin and Tao could lift a three-tonne beam between them? Well, obviously not, you stupid. But what the did I just see?

Who else in EXO possessed these powers?

Her thoughts were interrupted when EXO stumbled out of the exit, red-faced and a bit sweaty but alive.

Yooji gave them a steely glare.

"Explain. Right now."

 

-------------------------------------

Yay! Second chapter~