Chance meeting

Not What It Seems

 

 

Chan Yoonji waited in line with her fellow EXOtics. She held her album in her arms tightly, feeling excited and nervous. A million thoughts were running through her head. 

Oh my gosh I finally get to meet them! She thought. Do I look okay? Damn it I should've worn a dress! For she was wearing a cute jumper and a pair of skinny jeans along with blue converses. She ran her fingers through her short blonde hair nervously. 

Oh no, my hair! Yoonji wailed in her head. I shouldn't have dyed it! Oh god -

"You, the blonde one! Are you going to come up or what?" 

"W-what?" She emerged from her stupor. The fans behind her were glaring at her, the security guard exasperated.  

Her eyes widened in surprise. "O-oh. I'm very sorry." She bowed to the fans and the security guard. 

Meanwhile, EXO were watching the whole scenario in amusement. 

"I was wondering what the holdup was." said Kris, tapping his pen on the table. 

"She looked out of it." observed Lay. 

"Hey, that's Minhyun's sister!" exclaimed Chen. 

All the members around him turned to him. "You know who she is?" asked Kris, his eyebrow raised. 

Chen nodded. "I do. But I haven't met her officially. Minhyun talks about her all the time." 

"How do know she's his sister?" 

"He's shown me pictures of her. She totally looks like him." 

"She's pretty." that comment came from Kai. "What's her name?" 

"Chan Yoonji." 

Chan Yoonji, thought Kai. Cool name. 

Yoonji approached the member closest to her: Suho. 

"Annyeonghasayo," she greeted, bowing deeply. 

"Annyeonghasayo," Suho replied back, bowing his head.

Yoonji handed her album to him. 

"What's your name?" he asked, a pen cocked in his hand.

"Chan Yoonji." she answered, smiling brightly. 

"Oh, Chan Yoonji! What a pretty name!" Suho smiled as he scribbled a signature on the album. 

"Oh ... thank you." A moment later, Suho handed her album back. 

"It was very nice to meet you, Yoonji-yah!" he said. 

"No, it was great meeting you, Suho-ssi. Like seriously. Uh, keep doing your stuff I guess." She smiled at him, inwardly face-palmed herself -"Keep doing your stuff" what the is wrong with you Yoonji you stupid - and then moved on to the next member, Sehun. 

She made her way down the table, where most of the members she met complimented her hair and her style. She smiled through most of the meetings, replying in kind and internally kicking herself when she said something stupid. Ah well, at least they'll remember my stupidity.  

Finally she made her way to Kris. 

"You must be Chan Yoonji." he said.

"Yes ... I am." she looked at Kris, confused. "How did you know my name?" 

Without looking up from her album, Kris replied, "I'm good with names." 

"Woah. You, uh, psychic or something?" Yoonji was slightly weirded out yet she felt honoured. EXO's Kris knew her name? 

Kris smiled slightly. "No."

"Well ... alrighty."

Kris handed her album back to her. "Here you go." 

"... Thank you." She bowed to him and moved to Chen. 

"Oh! You're Chan Minhyuk's sister!" he said as soon as she gave her album to him. 

Her eyes widened. "How do you know my brother?!"

"Minhyuk-hyung and I are close friends." Chen stated. 

Oppa didn't tell me he was friends with a member of EXO! That bastard WTF.

"That's funny ... Minhyuk-oppa didn't mention that small little detail." 

"Well, he talks about you a lot. That's how I recognised you." 

"Woah ... small world, huh?"

Chen laughed. "Tell me about it. He handed her album back. "It was nice to finally meet Minhyuk-hyung's sister." 

Yoonji nodded. "It was nice to meet you too. Uh, hope to see you around, I guess." She gave him a smile and moved on to the last member: her ultimate bias, Kai. 

"A- *cough*-annyeonghasayo," she muttered, bowing deep. 

Kai smiled. "Annyeonghasayo," he echoed, bowing his head.

She handed him her album. He took it, and began to sign it.

"Who's your favourite member of EXO?" Kai asked.

She smiled awkwardly "Admittedly, you." 

"Ah, really? Wow." He blushed as well.

"Well, you asked, dude." 

Kai let out a surprised laugh. Yoonji smiled and then they both started laughing.

He handed her album back. "Thank you for coming, Yoonji." he said, and gave her a cute wink.

"Bruh, you just, like, killed me in the inside. But no, thank you~" she replied, bowing deeply and making her way to the crowd

Kai watched her leave. She's funny. 

Suddenly, pain shot upwards from the base of his neck. "OUCH!" he cried out, whipping a hand to the affected area. He found himself face-to-face with an amused Chen and an impatient fan.

"Uh, Kai? You've been staring at that door for the past five minutes. Focus, okay?" Chen muttered under his breath.

"R-right. I'm very sorry," apologized Kai to the fan. He then went to sign her album.

Nearly four hours later, the fan signing event was wrapped up with a short concert from EXO. Then the fans had to leave in one big mass. They were all jabbering excitedly, showing off various items that were signed by the members. 

Yoonji hugged the album to her chest squealing to herself. She was so happy that she finally got to meet EXO. Some of the members even knew her name! She did a little victory dance which weirded out anyone that was within a metre radius from her. 

Oops, she giggled in her head. I should really stop doing that.  Oh it I CAN DO WHATEVER THE I WANT! She continued her victory dance, earning weird looks from her fellow fans.

Meanwhile, EXO were taking a well-earned break. They sat in the nearby green room, sipping bottles of water.

"Holy crap I'm freaking tired," yawned Chanyeol, as he plunked himself on the nearest chair. 

All of the members groaned in agreement. 

"EXO, you have a concert in five hours," said one of the managers. 

"What?! Oh my ...." Chen yawned. 

Meanwhile, Kai was staring at the wall, a drink bottle in his hand. He was thinking of Yoonji.

Out of all the fangirls I have met, why do I remember Chan Yoonji? he was pondering to himself. Maybe it's the hair? Maybe it's her humor. Hell, I don't even know.

He sighed. Maybe I'll see her again.

---------------

"Yah, oppa! Why didn't you tell me you were friends with an EXO member!" demanded Yoonji to her brother, Minhyun. 

Minhyun shrugged. "You didn't ask." 

"Uh, why the would I ask if you knew an EXO member? Like dude, seriously! I thought there were no secrets in this family!"

"Well, maybe you should start taking an interest in my oh-so-interesting life."

"Psh, whatever." she slapped him playfully. "Well, Chen-ssi knows who I am because of you." 

He laughed. "Figures. I always talk about you." 

"Are you my biggest fan now?" she teased, which earned her a flick to the forehead. 

"Oh please. You're my one and only sister, of course I talk about you a lot. Chen always asks about you too." 

Yoonji's eyes widened. "Really? Why?" 

Minhyun shrugged again - his standard answer. "Search me." 

She rolled her eyes. "I do not know how to react to this, so I'm going with my default reaction called not reacting." 

The phone rang. Yoonji got up from the couch to pick it up. It was their mother. 

"Hi Mum," she said. 

"Hi~ just wanted to check up on you both. Are you alright?" 

"Mum, we're not little kids anymore, but I thank you for your concern anyway." 

"No problem, kiddo. I have a favour to ask of you." 

Yoonji raised an eyebrow. "What sort of favour?" 

"Well, a good friend of mine - you know, Choi Taehyun - can't make it to work today,and as you are not busy today ... " her mum trailed off.

"... you want me to fill in?" she finished. 

"That would be awesome! I know you're good at fashion and stuff, so this shouldn't be a problem!" 

"Wait, what? What does Taehyun-oppa do exactly?" 

"Well, he's a stylist. For a lot of Korean entertainment companies - I thought we already went through this." 

"We did? Can't seem to remember ... "

"Look, it's simple, okay? Taehyun has already picked out the outfits for the group that he oversees, so all you gotta do is to style their hair, do their makeup and make sure the outfits are comfortable on them. Is that so hard?" 

"Um ... no." 

"So can you do it? Please, kiddo?" 

"Er .. um ... ah, okay. Y-yeah, I'll - er - do it." 

"Thank you so much! I'd fill in myself but I'm stuck here, so ... you're the only other person I trust." 

"I feel honoured."

"So, you know where the Olympic stadium is, right? They'll have their concert there."

"Which group am I looking after?"

"I think it's a boy group! What's their name? I know it has an X in it ..."

"VIXX?"

"Like the vapour rub? Nope, their name was much shorter .... X ... EX .... Oh! I know it! EXO. That's right."

Yoonji nearly dropped the phone. "E-EXO?"

"Yes, them! You'll be their stylist for tonight."

Before she could say anything, her mother cut across her. 

"Okay, gotta go! Bye dear~" Yoonji's mum hung up after that. 

Yoonji sighed as she put the phone back on the hook. Minhyun asked, "Was that mum?" 

"No, it was a random stranger." She rolled her eyes. "Of course it was Mum! She wants me to do her a favour." 

"What kind of favour?" 

"A stand-in for one of the stylists - Taehyun-oppa - who is pretty sick." 

"Ah okay! When?"

"Tonight. And guess what?"

"What?"

"I'll be doing a boy group's makeup. And guess which boy group I'm doing?" 

".... I don't know. Who?"

"E to the X to the O." 

---------------------------------

Holy crap, new story, new beginnings. I thought it would be appropriate if I posted this story on New Years' Day :D 

Happy reading!