Frostbitten Suho

The Twelve Short Stories of Exomas
With the weather freezing my window over, it gets hard to see the outside world. Frost freckles over each corner of the frame. Even though the sun has a difficult time reaching me, the sparkling glare that gets reflected gives me a dull light.
I wipe the fog off the glass and stare outside at two children playing in the distance. Their cheeks, a flushed red, from the chill. Smiles on all their faces as they build a snow fort together. A boy and a girl.
 
That used to be us...
 
The coffee sitting on my desk turns cold as I let it sit. I was distracted for too long.
But it was a reminder of you.
 
I sat here for too long, waiting for you to come back. And now... I'm as cold as the winter itself. No longer good to consume.
Again, I look outside. The children are no longer there.
But then I realize that I wasn't even looking outside. The fog that blanketed my window was still there. Quickly, I wipe it away to assure that I wasn't insane.
 
Who am I kidding?
 
Without you here, the only thought on my mind was us. But it ends with you. Everything we did. Everywhere we went. Every friend we had. Every memory we made.
It all sinks to small pieces to the bottom of the cup.
The frostbite ache you left my heart with gives me strenuous pain everyday.
 
The clock tells me that it's nearly time.
I take the red box into my hands and hold it to my frostbitten heart, wanting you to take it away from me and embrace me once more.
Words, although hardly any, have been written on the card. It's not much, but I just wish for you to read them. It looks empty but it has a lot of meaning.
Caressing my cheeks, a smile grows as I think about the moment you take it from me. Holding it in your hands. Taking it all away from me.