Chanyeol's Bond

The Twelve Short Stories of Exomas
Out in the cold, I wear the same jacket that I wore when I first met you. The memory of you in your sapphire dress as we crossed paths in the park.You on your way to your appointment. Me wandering the streets for a job.
The connection of our eyes pulled us in like magnets. A bond that brought us together and tore us apart.
 
You looked into my eyes when you told me we were meant to be. And once again when you said that what we had wouldn't last another moment.
 
Sadness began to blur my sight when you walked away, clearing into a pitiful rain that dripped from the tips of my eyelashes. I half blink as the sound of your heels clicked onto the ground when you left.
Chilled in my left pocket -- one ring waiting to be slid onto your finger. Waiting to show the world our bond. Our infinity.
 
But now you've slipped away.
 
The temperature drops slowly as I keep waiting out here.
I place one freezing ring onto my finger and hold it out in front of me, imagining how it would have looked if we both wore it. But that image won't come to mind.
I'm just a fool looking at his meaningless jewelry.
 
There's no more time to loiter. The light snowfall calls.