Kyungsoo's Confectionary

The Twelve Short Stories of Exomas
I couldn't bake at all. But once you whisked yourself into my life -- an unstoppable desire to sift into a part of you consumed my mind. What was this feeling?
 
It's not love, you tell me.
 
Ever since you walked out of my life, it seems like the kitchen is where I spend most of my time now. I'm always here. Mixing up a storm. Trying to recreate it. The perfect pastry.
The texture of the dough is always thick. The way it smells is wonderfully indulgent. The fluff is round like expected.
 
But the taste is never perfect...
 
Even if I added every grain of sugar that existed into the batter, it would never taste the same. It's as if, with every step you took away from me, all the senses in my tongue disappeared along with you.
I wish it would all come back.
 
The memories.
 
Whip cream fights. Sugar cookie kisses. Gumdrop flinging wars.
Depression overcomes my heart as I keep reminiscing back. Back to the time when you decorated my bunted heart. You coated me with your sugary love -- only to shake it all off in the end.
A confused confectionary.
I want it all back though. You. Us.
But since you aren't here, I can always hope to see you when we meet again.
 
Quickly, I take the box into my hands and prepare myself for the harsh weather.