Open Your Heart [Prompt 5]

EXO Behind The Scene [One-Shot Collection]
A/N : Wishing every Chinese out there Happy Chinese New Year! -S & C
 
 
Jongin groaned inwardly as the DVD was pushed into the player. They were supposed to be laughing and having fun and the PDs suddenly told them that they were going to be tested on how easily moved they were. Jongin remembered the time he broke down on stage during their first win. He was going to be the first to crumble and he didn’t want it that way.
 
He looked around the room and settled quickly next to Luhan. If he was going to be sobbing, he decided he was going to be next to the one person who wouldn’t judge him. Yifan might snigger at him. The beagle line was definitely going to make fun of him, even if Jongdae would laugh loudly then coddle him. Minseok would sigh and pat him awkwardly and Sehun would laugh without a doubt. Yixing and Zitao might not even know what’s going on. His only two options were Kyungsoo and Luhan.
 
Kyungsoo was wedged between Chanyeol and Jongdae. Jongin decided that he could live with Sehun on the other side of Luhan. Jongin has always liked being near Luhan anyway. The older male was constantly affectionate with a hug and gentle words.
 
Jongin knew that Luhan and him weren’t the two closest members in the group, not with EXO-M and EXO-K promoting separately at times. He did wish though that he could be closer to the pretty Chinese boy simply because Sehun couldn’t stop raving about how Luhan was such a “brilliant hyung”. Or because Baekhyun and Chanyeol were strangely calmer and more composed around Luhan. Or because Kyungsoo was suddenly more fun and mischievous around Luhan. Or because Joonmyeon was no longer Suho the leader but Joonmyeon, a silly excitable boy, around Luhan.
 
Jongin frowned at the thought of it. He leaned against Luhan as he assumed the seat next to the brunette. 2014 had to change all that, he was going to be closer to Luhan, whether Luhan or the rest of the EXO-K members liked it or not.
 
Before the movie started, Jongin caught sight of Luhan and Sehun whispering about the movie. A little jealous flame ignited in the tanned one as he remembered how he was not as close to Luhan as Sehun was. Jongin gently prodded Luhan questioningly. Luhan flashed a small smile, “I’ve watched this show before. Sehun too. We’re just wondering if we can last without crying this time around.”
 
Jongin nodded dumbly. He knew some of the members had watched the movie before, including Kyungsoo. Something made him a little sad but he pushed away the feeling of uneasiness, leaning back into the sofa with Zitao on his other side.
 
The movie started without a fuss and everyone fell back into their seats, eyes glued on the television. Given how tired most of them were after the previous day’s practice and the whole day filming earlier, most of them were obviously drifting in and out of sleep. Jongin struggled to keep his eyes open and received a gentle poke at his side. He looked over to Luhan who was staring at him.
 
“What?” Jongin whispered.
 
“Pay attention, the movie is really good.”
 
Jongin rolled his eyes and Luhan grinned back in reply.
 
They turned back to the screen as Luhan adjusted himself to lean a little into Sehun. Jongin glanced over a little but couldn’t hold back the small pout playing on his lips. He knew that Luhan and Sehun were incredibly close despite the , language barrier, and distance given that they were in different units. They had always been close even during their trainee days. Jongin found himself wishing Luhan would lean into him they way he leaned into Sehun. Shaking his head slightly to clear his thoughts, Jongin turned back to the screen.
 
As the show continued, Jongin fought again to stay awake. Zitao was making strange strangled noises as he watched and Jongin tried not to frown. He shuffled his body around and gingerly leaned into Luhan with their shoulders pressed together.
 
They watched as Yonggu and Yeesung laughed at the Yang Ho’s feeble attempt to write and read as Yonggu laughed.
 
“Babo.”
 
The boys chuckled. The moment was light and sweet. Jongin suddenly remembered how Luhan couldn’t stop raving about it with Kyungsoo, another member who had watched the movie. He found hmself understanding why. The scenes of the movies transited smoothly between the past and the present where Park Shin Hye played a lawyer defending Yonggu’s case. Jongin frowned. Where was the man that she was defending?
 
They continued watching as Yixing fell asleep by the feet of Sehun and Luhan. Jongin shifted again and turned to the older and prettier member next to him. The kids were singing a Christian hymn on screen. Luhan was blinking and almost nodding off to sleep.  Jongin nudged him gently in the waist and Luhan turned to him.
 
“What?”
 
“Pay attention, the movie is really good.”
 
Luhan softly laughed as he heard his words being said back to him. He nodded and tried to stay awake again.
 
The movie hit a slight as they watched the lawyer attempt to defend Yonggu. The boys watched as Yonggu cracked under the pressures and confessed to false monstrosity. Sehun pursed his lips in reaction as Luhan sighed. Zitao leaned over Jongin, forcing Jongin to lean back into the sofa. Jongin heard an exchange of Chinese words as Luhan explained the scene to Zitao. Zitao’s jaw dropped and he leaned back, shaking his head, clearly upset.
 
Jongin stretched his arms to his sides and let the arm behind Luhan linger on the back of the sofa. He studied Zitao’s reaction for a while before turning to Luhan. Seeing how Luhan was still affected by something that he had watched before, Jongin couldn’t help smiling in amusement. He quickly turned back to the show, determined to watch the show that Kyungsoo and Luhan seemed to adore.
 
As the show built up, Jongin found himself drawn more and more into the show. He started frowning as the story progressed, leaving him upset and disturbed. Then he heard Luhan gasp a little. Jongin turned instinctively to see Luhan staring at Yifan. Sehun had also turned to Yifan as the two boys softly tell Yifan that the scene in front of him was nothing. Jongin pressed his lips together. It was then he realized that Luhan and Sehun had watched the movie together.
 
Luhan leaned over Sehun to murmur something in Chinese to Kris, pressing himself against Sehun’s side. His usual arm gestures had come up and unknowingly patted Sehun’s hands at the same time. Jongin couldn’t missed the small smile on Sehun’s lips. He didn’t know if it was from Luhan’s words or Luhan’s touch. Jongin suddenly didn’t feel very happy. He quickly turned back to the screen.
 
At the final of the show, Yonggu’s desperation got the better of him as he begged hopelessky with the guards and anyone that would hear him, apologizing for the mistake of the wrongful confession. Yeesung cried her little heart as she reached through the bars and called for her father with each wrecked sob, not understanding the situation.
 
Something tugged at Jongin as he fought to keep the tears back. Yifan had cracked faster than he thought he would. Jongin tried to distract himself from the little girl’s wailing and the older man’s distressed pleading as he threw away his pride. Jongin glanced around the room.
 
Tears were streaming down Jongdae’s cheeks as Baekhyun intercepted his own tears at his eyes. Chanyeol looked visibly frustrated as he ruffled his hair before wearing his cap back on. Kyungsoo had covered his nose and mouth with the tissue. Yifan and Minseok were sobbing away as well. Yixing was lost to the world while Joonmyeon pouted and shook his head. Zitao had started crying as well.
 
Jongin shifted to lean on Luhan’s shoulder and turned to see Sehun looking expressionless. Tears however were streaming down Luhan’s cheeks as his doe eyes were trained on the screen. Jongin blinked and quickly turned back to the screen as well, Luhan’s words of paying attention resounding in his head. He regretted it immediately.
 
Jongin was crying as well. He groaned.
 
“Why is it like this?” Jongin murmured as he turned around to look behind him, wiping his tears. Luhan turned as well in the same direction, causing both of them to miss the smirk on Sehun’s lips. There was uncomfortable coughing around the room as the crying ones attempted to clear their tears and to stop their crying.
 
At the final defense by Park Shin Hye’s character, nearly everyone was sobbing. Kyungsoo was reduced to covering his face with his tissue. As the credits started rolling, the camera crew slipped into the room quietly and started removing the cameras all around the room, wanting to leave some time for the boys to spend it alone after the movie.
 
The DVD faded away and the boys sat quietly, no one moving. There was a soft cough before Joonmyeon spoke up, his eyes looking at his telephone screen as he read the message.
 
“The crew has left. It’s just us now. We should pack up and go too.”
 
Everyone nodded quietly. The mood was a lot more somber as compared to the laughing and teasing earlier in the day. Jongin gave a stretch and rubbed his face tiredly. Zitao was leaning back in the sofa as he covered his own face to clear his mind. Everyone rustled around a little to gather their senses back as well. Sehun stood up to stretch the ache from sitting. Then he extended a hand to Luhan. Jongin couldn’t help but watch as Luhan smiled at Sehun and took the extended hand. Sehun pulled Luhan along as the boys slowly flitted out of the room. Jongin and Jongdae were the last two out.
 
As they reached the vans to return to their dorms, the boys naturally split into their sub-units to the two vans. Sehun was still standing by Luhan at the EXO-M van. Wordlessly, Sehun glanced at Jongdae who offered him a small smile. Then Jongdae moved over to the EXO-K van and slung his arm around Jongin’s shoulder. Jongin blinked for a while before his shoulder visibly slumped.
 
Of course, the maknae would always get his way, especially where Luhan was concerned.
 
Attributing his crankiness to his sleepiness, Jongin quickly slipped into the van and took one of the seats at the back. Jongdae planted himself next to Jongin with Kyungsoo on his other side. Once everyone was packed, the vans took off.
 
The nightly affair back at the dorm carried on as normal. Boys filtered in and out of the bedroom and bathrooms in pairs. Luhan had sprinted to the toilet first, given his usual claims of how he didn’t like showering in groups because he showered faster alone when he didn’t have to share water. Jongin gladly took the last bathroom slot with Jongdae.
 
When Jongin and Jongdae were finally done, they hung their towels up in the kitchen with the rest of the wet ones on the hanger. They helped themselves to a cup of warm tea each, standing in the kitchen together. It was quiet for a while until Jongdae was the first to speak.
 
“You aren’t still affected by the show, are you? You seem a little sadder than usual.”
 
“I’m just sleepy,” Jongin murmured with his lips still around the rim of the cup. Jongdae quirked an eyebrow up.
 
“It’s more than that. Jongin, I can tell that it’s more than that. What’s wrong?”
 
“Nothing,” Jongin replied softly. Jongdae sighed as he rinsed his empty cup. Placing the cup at the side to dry off, he walked to Jongin and put a hand on his shoulder.
 
“It’s okay if you don’t want to tell me anything now. But know that if you need someone to talk to, I’m here.”
 
Jongin nodded, not keen to say more. Jongdae smiled slightly and gave Jongin a loose hug before walking away to the bedrooms. Jongin thought he heard Jongdae say something else in the living room so he peeped out of the kitchen. Jongdae had just disappeared into the bedroom but there was someone else sitting at the sofa. The head turned.
 
Luhan.
 
The brunette smiled at the head popping out of the kitchen and gave him a little wave over to the sofa. Jongin plodded over softly and sat next to Luhan.
 
“How did you find the movie? Good, right?”
 
Jongin nodded, his eyes focused on his mug in his hands. There was silence for a few seconds before Jongin felt an arm around his shoulders.
 
“Do you want to tell me what’s wrong?”
 
“What did Jongdae say?” Jongin frowned to the cup. There was a soft chuckle.
 
“He said nothing to me about you. But you’ve been incredibly sulky since after the movie. What’s wrong, Jongin-ah?”
 
Jongin blinked furiously as the thoughts ran in his head. He decided that he should come clean.
 
“Why didn’t you ask anyone else along when you went to watch the movie with Sehun?”
 
“Sehun?”
 
“Yea…,” Jongin trailed off uneasily. Suddenly, he wished he could turn back time and pretend that everything was okay. He blinked furiously at the cup again.
 
“I didn’t watch it with Sehun. I don’t even know who Sehun watched it with.”
 
“You didn’t?” Jongin asked, finally looking up at Luhan curiously. Luhan shook his head.
 
“I watched it with Kyungsoo.”
 
“Oh.”
 
The two boys blinked at each other before a cheeky grin spread on Luhan’s lips. He gently poked Jongin in the shoulder.
 
“Are you jealous of me?”
 
“No,” Jongin pouted. Luhan’s grin spread even wide.
 
“Are you jealous of Oh Sehun?”
 
“No…,” Jongin mumbled as he picked at a imaginary lint on his sweatpants. Luhan raised an eye brow.
 
“So you’re jealous of both Oh Sehun and Do Kyungsoo.”
 
“Hyung…,” Jongin pouted as he continued plucking at his pants. Luhan chuckled again before choosing to lean heavily on Jongin’s shoulder.
 
“Why would you be jealous of them, Jongin-ah?”
 
“I’m not,” Jongin repeated. Then Luhan laughed a little louder.
 
“If we don’t want to talk about it now, I’m going to bring it up during family meetings. And you know how Joo-ma is when it comes to things like these.”
 
“Hyung!” Jongin snapped his head around in horror. Luhan grinned wickedly before Jongin gave in with a sigh. “It’s just… Everyone in EXO-K seems to have their own special relationship with you… everyone but me. It feels almost as though… almost as though you don’t notice me at times even if I’m right next to you.”
 
“Jongin-ah, you know that that’s not true!” Luhan remarked as he sat up, slightly astonished at the comment. Jongin pouted.
 
“I want to know that it’s not true. At least I think I know it’s not true. But I just felt like it was true, at least for tonight. I…. I don’t know. I’m being silly right now, aren’t I?”
 
“You are,” Luhan replied simply, adjusting his body to turn it to face Jongin, He leaned the side of his body against the back of the sofa and smiled at the sleepy-looking one. “If I didn’t notice you, I wouldn’t have known that you have been sulky since after the movie. And what do you mean by everyone has a special relationship with me except for you?”
 
Jongin ruffled his hair in frustration as he put his mug down. He felt more and more like a little child instead of the man that he was supposed to be. With another sigh, he continued, “All the hyungs seem to act differently around you. Like Chanyeol and Baekhyun are suddenly not loud or crazy when it’s just the three of you… or how Kyungsoo is suddenly fun and crazy when it’s just the two of you-”
 
“-It’s actually not sudden,” Luhan replied. Jongin blinked at him. Luhan smiled, “It’s always been part of them. Chanyeol and Baekhyun have always had that serious side to them just as Kyungsoo has always been fun and crazy. They just feel like they can be themselves with me, I guess?”
 
Jongin thought for a while before he pouted, “That’s just… I…”
 
“You’re always yourself regardless of who you’re with, Jongin. I’m jealous,” Luhan pouted as he mocked Jongin. Jongin’s jaw fell as he stared at Luhan who had his arms crossed in front of him, frowning at Jongin.
 
“That’s not fair! You don’t turn this around on me, hyung! You are not supposed to! I’m the one with the right to be jealous!”
 
“So you are jealous,” Luhan smirked with affirmation. Jongin’s jaw fell wider before he covered his face with his hands in embarrassment and exasperation.
 
“I’m done with you,” Jongin groaned as he peeled himself off the couch and started to walk back into the kitchen with his mug.
 
Luhan grinned as he got off the couch and followed the younger boy into the kitchen as well. He watched Jongin wash the mug wordlessly and waited for the boy to turn his attention back to him. When Jongin finally shook the dripping water from the mug to leave it by the sink to drain overnight, he turned around to stare at Luhan.
 
“Stop mocking me, hyung.”
 
“I’m not, Jongin ah. But don’t you see? We do have a special relationship, just like how I have a special relationship with the rest of them. It’s one where you don’t feel like you need to be different from who you already are. With you, I know what I see is what I get,” Luhan frowned slightly.
 
Jongin nibbled his lower lip nervously as he thought about what Luhan had stand. The two boys stood wordlessly opposite each other in the kitchen in the dead of the night. Slowly but surely, Jongin nodded even though there was still a frown on his face. Luhan pursed his lips.
 
“Still not pleased?”
 
“Not really,” Jongin sulked. “I don’t want us to have a regular relationship. I want us to have a special relationship just like how you have special relationship with everyone else-”
 
“-Am I special to you?”
 
“What?” Jongin blinked.
 
“Am I special to you?” Luhan repeated his question patiently. Jongin nodded furiously until he was a little giddy. He stopped nodding as Luhan’s smile spread even wider on his face.
 
“And that’s not enough for you? Jongin ah, to know that you consider me special enough be jealous about how I am with the other members… just knowing that you want that ‘elusive’ special relationship… Even the fact that we’re talking about it right now… That’s pretty darn special to me. Open up your mind and I’m sure your brilliant little self can reason that out?”
 
Jongin stared at the floor as he thought about Luhan’s words. His tone was constantly encouraging and gentle. After a while, Jongin sighed.
 
“My mind is not registering anything. I’m too sleepy, hyung,” Jongin whispered apologetically. He raised his head to look at Luhan with a small smile, “But I think my heart has decided that’s okay and that it really is pretty ‘darn’ special.”
 
Luhan chuckled as he walked over to Jongin, nodding slightly. He slung an arm around Jongin’s shoulder and led the boy out of the kitchen towards the bedrooms. When they got to the door of Jongin’s room, Luhan released Jongin from his hold and made his way to his own room. Jongin called out for him softly and Luhan turned, one eye brow raised.
 
“Hyung, can I… can I share your bed with you tonight?”
 
“Of course not,” Luhan frowned. Jongin’s face fell just as Luhan continued with a cluck of his tongue, “I never share my bed with anyone. But I can share your bed with you if that works.”
 
“Hyung, stop teasing me,” Jongin groaned as he rubbed his eyes with one hand as the other extended to close over Luhan’s wrist. He pulled the chuckling older boy into his bedroom. Luhan was right. It was a special relationship and it was definitely enough for Jongin.
 
 

Prompt 5 Completed! (1/2/2014)

Title : Open Your Heart

Prompt : Episode 4 of Exo's Showtime.

Theme : Movie / Bromance

OTP : LuKai

Word Count : 3369 words

Requested by : aermasaranghae 

Author's note : Oh goodness, definitely not one of my best but I really did try! I'm so sorry aermasaranghae. hahahaha. opps. the LuKai moments in this episode weren't as much as BaekChen overshadowed everyone with the presents bit and then Chen cuddling into Baek during the movie. But I tried very very very hard! T-T -C

Can't stop myself from saying I thought of the title name for this one-shot! Everything else is from the beautiful brain of cheesy here. Yes, I am going to call her cheesy because her username is too long and it sounds adorable. Btw, I was supposed to release my one-shot first but then I kept correcting and changing it because it turned out difficult to handle with so many plot(you'll see what I mean) so it's delayed but it should be up in a few days. Happy Chinese New Year all of you! -S