A Baery Chenmas [Prompt 1]

EXO Behind The Scene [One-Shot Collection]

A/N : Advanced Merry Christmas to all of you tomorrow, hope this will give you christmas spirit since BaekChen is watching after you!

 

8 p.m. KST Christmas Eve 2013  - Exo's Dorm

"Merry Christmas...MERRRYYY CHRISTMASSSS...MERRRYYY CHRISTMASSSSS TO YOUUUUU~" Luhan and Sehun carolled together with arms linked while walking into the Exo's dorm in front of the other very amused Exo members. All the members were esctatic when their schedule ended early so they could spent the last few moments of Christmas Eve together.

"All of you, wait a second. Let's have a group meeting." Suho shouted after the members who was each dispersing to do their own things.

"But it's not Sunday!" Tao wailed.

"It's a special day. Come on, listen to Suho. Let's gather at the living room in five minutes after your freshen up a bit." Kris stated. All the members groaned but went to their respective rooms to wash off their make up and to change to more comfortable clothes. They are all bundled up to keep warm before walking back into the living room where the two respective leaders are already standing there waiting.

"Everyone, take a seat." Suho smiled at them warmly and they all moved to take claim of the sofas and the floor.  Xiumin who gets cold easily snuggled himself near Luhan while Sehun laid on Luhan's lap on the floor. Jong Dae approached Yixing on the arm chair and squeezed himself to lean agaist Yixing while Yixing made space for him so that they are both comfortable on the one-person seat. Jongin, Kyung Soo, Tao and Kris sat on the only sofa in the room. Chan Yeol and Baek Hyun just plop themselves down on their stomachs lying on the floor facing Suho who was standing in front of all of them. "It's Christmas tomorrow and I just want to tell you how thankful I am to all of you."

"Awh hyung, are you trying to make us cry with your sappy speeches again? I thought you promised us you would stop after the MAMA speech." Sehun said cheekily and Luhan slapped his arm playfully for being rude.

"I think we all just need to take a moment and look around the room. We need to be thankful for each and everyone sitting here because I cannot imagine anyone else I want to spend Christmas with. Thank you for being part of Exo. Thank you for being you." Suho stopped when he heard sniffling from Baek Hyun who was burrying his face on Chan Yeol's arm. Tao was also a little teary-eyed and being petted in the head by Kris that was next to him. All the members looked at each other with unspoken words of gratefulness. "I know we are all tired so let's just wish each other a merry christmas followed by a hug then straight to bed because we have more SM Town tomorrow."

Suho took the lead by hugging each and every one of them and whispering merry christmas followed by sweet words. All the members moved around the living room and made sure to hug every one before wishing them a good night and an advanced merry christmas before trotting to bed. Jong Dae moved towards Luhan and hugged and thanked him for being a good hyung and was going to walk off to his room since he hugged everyone else when a voice called out after him.

"Forgetting someone?" Baek Hyun teased and Jong Dae gave him a grin before wrapping his arms around Baek Hyun. "Now this is better." Baek Hyun said with his breath tickling Jong Dae's neck.

"Good night Baek Hyun and merry christmas!" Jong Dae turned to leave again but Baek Hyun kept a firm grip on Jong Dae's wrist.

"Not so fast. I still haven't given you your christmas gift."

"What do you mean? We exchanged gift already a few weeks ago when we filmed for Showtime."

"Did you really think that was the only gift I would get you?" Baek Hyun asked with a face that displayed insult.

"Well coming from you, I wouldn't be surprised if you just gave me a picture of yourself." Jong Dae replied back. 

"In my defence, I didn't know it would go to you, okay." Baek Hyun said sourly. "Anyway, what is important is I got you something. Now, carry me."

"What?"

"I said carry me to my room."

"No."

"Do you want your gift or not?"

Jong Dae pursed his lips into a thin line before sighing. "Fine." Jong Dae walked forward and carried Baek Hyun in his arms. "Why do I have to carry you anyway?"

"Because I'm tired and you are warm." Baek Hyun murmured while putting his head on Jong Dae's shoulders. Jong Dae tried to hide the smile forming on his lips and opted instead to fling Baek Hyun on his bed. "YAH!"

"What?"

"You should put me down gently." Baek Hyun complained with a pout. "I should not give you the gift since you hurt me."

"Did I really hurt you?"

"Well...no." Baek Hyun said truthfully with another silly pout and Jong Dae just beamed at him while getting on Baek Hyun's bed.

Baek Hyun stared at him a while longer with a hurt expression before reaching under his bed and took out a box wrapped in reindeer wrapping paper. "Here, for you." 

Jong Dae reached out to grab the box. "What is it?" 

"Open it." Baek Hyun said with a glint in his eye. 

Jong Dae shook the box a little. "It is not heavy nor light." He put the box closed to his face and sniffed it. "It smells funny though."

"Why are you doing all this? Just open it." Baek Hyun complained impatiently and Jong Dae obliged.

Jong Dae tore the wrapping paper carefully and quietly because Chan Yeol who shares a room with Baek Hyun was already asleep. When the wrapping paper was completely torned off, Jong Dae was faced with a white box. He slowly lifted the cover open and gasped at what he saw nestled inside. Baek Hyun squealed a little at Jong Dae's obvious delight. "You didn't. Wow, Baek Hyun, you didin't."

"Oh but Jong Dae I did."

"Thank you, thank you, thank you." Jong Dae said in repeat while hugging Baek Hyun again. He got him the limited edition sport shoes that was sold out everywhere and when Jong Dae finally tracked it down on the internet, the price was so eye-popping that even Kris -who usually never refuse anything Jong Dae wants- told Jong Dae there was no way he would buy it for him and told Jong Dae not to buy it himself since it wasn't worth it. Jong Dae himself knew how crazy it was to spent so much on a pair of shoes but he couldn't stop himself in longing for that particular shoe to be in his collection. Jong Dae pulled away from the hug to look at his crazy friend. "Wait, if you already got it sent to you now, you would have ordered it weeks ago and it costs so much more then since it was Christmas gift season. Why would you waste money like that, Baek Hyun?"

"Because it is for you." Baek Hyun said matter-of-factly. "You are my best friend and we have been through so much together. You deserve me spending some of my hard earn money on you. Besides, I am not like Kyung Soo." Baek Hyun added with a small laugh and Jong Dae soon followed along.

"Remember what Kyung Soo said to us when we first joined Exo?" Jong Dae asked. Baek Hyun nodded.

"You two are the new main vocalist so I guess I have to be friends with you but if your position changed, we would be better friends." Jong Dae and Baek Hyun chorused together.

"And remember what he would say to us every Christmas while giving us his awful present?" Baek Hyun asked. Jong Dae smiled at him.

"This is called Chuanbei Pipa Gao which is supposed to help with your throat and singing. If you both gave it your all in singing now, in a few years your voice would fade and I would be sole main vocalist." They finished at the same time followed by even louder laughter from the two until they could hear Chan Yeol stir from his bed.

"What are you two laughing about?" Chan Yeol grunted from his bed.

"Go back to sleep." Jong Dae and Baek Hyun said together.

Jong Dae's smiling face suddenly turned rigid before looking at Baek Hyun. "Wait, if I accept this present, does that mean you are taking back your other present?"

Baek Hyun laughed and ruffled Jong Dae's hair. "No, Jong Dae. You can still take me and I am still yours as a long as I'm pretty."

"But you're not pretty." Jong Dae added playfully and Baek Hyun hit him with a pillow. "You are beautiful, okay?"

Baek Hyun loved the glint in Jong Dae's eyes from the happiness he knew came from him. "Okay."

"It's getting late. Thank you for the present." Jong Dae hugged Baek Hyun one more time before getting up from the bed. "Here." Jong Dae said while pulling out a small gift wrapped present for Baek Hyun. "You are not the only one who got an extra present." Baek Hyun took it from Jong Dae's hands. "I'm leaving while you open it to avoid any mushy moments. Merry christmas, Baek Hyun ah."

"Merry christmas." Baek Hyun shouted after Jong Dae's leaving figure.

 

9.00 p.m. KST Christmas Eve 2013 - Exo's Dorm

He looked at the flat and small present in his hands before opening it. Inside, it was like a coupon book but on the cover it was a picture of his head cropped on Santa's body while Jong Dae's head was cropped onto an Elf's body. Baek Hyun chuckled quietly. Inside the book were ten coupons of things Jong Dae would do for him.

 


Coupon #1

This coupon is valid for one redemption of a

Jong Dae neck rub

which everyone know Jong Dae is best at. This is redeemable any time and any where.


Coupon #2

This coupon is valid for one redemption of a 

Jong Dae Slave Day

which permits Baek Hyun to order Jong Dae around the whole day without any complaints.


Coupon #3

This coupon is valid for one redemption of a 

Jong Dae's Prank Services

which permits Baek Hyun to ask Jong Dae to help in his prank on other members even taking the blame for it.


Coupon #4 

This coupon is valid for one redemption of a

A Day with Jong Dae

where Baek Hyun is permitted to make Jong Dae spent a day with him doing whatever he wished to do.


Coupon #5

This coupon is valid for one redemption of a

Jong Dae's cooking services

which permits Baek Hyun to make Jong Dae cook for him for a whole day because Jong Dae is a great cook.


Coupon #6

This coupon is valid for one redemption of a

Jong Dae's Study Group

which allows Baek Hyun to ask for help on Chinese or singing for a whole day.


Coupon #7

This coupon is valid for one redemption of a

Jong Dae's Dancing Machine Lesson

where Jong Dae will teach Baek Hyun the art of being a dancing machine second to only the awesome Jong Dae.


Coupon #8

This coupon is valid for one redemption of a 

Jong Dae's Cheer Up Plan

which permits Baek Hyun to get undivided attention of Jong Dae when he is upset and a guarenteed cheering up from Jong Dae.


Coupon #9

This coupon is valid for one redemption of a

Jong Dae's 24/7 Call

which allows Baek Hyun to call for Jong Dae for anything at all no matter what time.


 

When Baek Hyun got till the last coupon which was bright and colourful with 'Special Coupon for Christmas' written on it, he got up from his comfortable position on his bed, slip on some warm slippers and got out of his room as fast as he could. 

I'm running out of time.

 

9.45 p.m. KST Christmas Eve - Exo's Dorm

"I want to redeem this coupon right now." Baek Hyun ordered Jong Dae as soon as he barged into his room. Jong Dae thankfully was still awake and was reading a book he vaguely remembered Baek Hyun gave him for his birthday.

"Shouldn't you be in bed?" Jong Dae said without looking away from the book.

Baek Hyun pouted and walked forward to take the book away from Jong Dae's grasp and left it on the bedside table. Before Jong Dae could protest, Baek Hyun shoved the coupon to his face. "I want to redeem this now."

"Can't you do later? I want to sleep."

"This has a freaking expiry date. It ends in the next-" Baek Hyun glanced at his watch and widened his eyes, "it ends in less than 3 hours."

"You can always redeem it on the next Christmas." Jong Dae had the nerve to smirk at Baek Hyun.

"Jong Dae-" Baek Hyun warned and Jong Dae just laughed before making space on the bed for Baek Hyun to climb in.  Baek Hyun smiled and quickly got under the covers with Jong Dae and laid his head on Jong Dae's chest.

"You happy now?"

"Yes."

"I'm starting to regret that last coupon, you are very warm and you know how Joon Myeon hyung doesn't turn on the air conditioner in here. It is already a sauna without your heat adding to it." Jong Dae whined.

"We can go sleep on my bed."

"No, it's okay." Jong Dae said while ruffling Baek Hyun's already messy hair. "I'm used to it and I am too tired to move."

Silence fell upon them and Jong Dae suspected Baek Hyun to be asleep but suddenly Baek Hyun's eyes flew open. "Yah, Jong Dae."

"Hmm?" Jong Dae murmured.

"How long do you think this would last?"

"What would last?"

"All of us being together. I bet they will have to ask Exo-M to go back to China to promote soon. How long do you think we would stay together?"

"I don't know." Jong Dae shifted his position a little so that he and Baek Hyun can look at each other. "I know one thing though, no matter where we are, you will be in my heart. Distance can't separate us."

"You promise?" Baek Hyun looked at Jong Dae with hopeful eyes mirrored with Jong Dae's own pair. Jong Dae reached down and planted a soft kiss on Baek Hyun's forehead.

"I promise."

They heard movement at the door and saw Chan Yeol open the door softly. "Baekie, you left me alone in our room and didn't invite me along to snuggle with Jong Dae. Can I join you two?" Chan Yeol's voice was laced with sleepiness and loneliness. Jong Dae was about to agree with Chan Yeol when Baek Hyun stopped him with a shook of his head.

"No." Baek Hyun said firmly. "Jong Dae is mine tonight."

"But-"

"Go back to bed, Chan Yeol." Their reply came automatic.

 

12.00 a.m. KST Christmas Day - Exo's dorm

Baek Hyun's watch beeped and he woke up bleary. He looked at the time and sighed before turning to face Jong Dae who was sprawled next to him. He marvelled how peaceful Jong Dae looked in his sleep and dread filled him to not be able to stay any longer. "Jong Dae ah." Baek Hyun called softly and Jong Dae stirred.

"Yeah?" Jong Dae slurred while rubbing his eyes.

"It's midnight."

"So?"

"The coupon expired." Baek Hyun said sadly. To Baek Hyun's surprise, Jong Dae started chuckling.

"It's okay."

"So you are not asking me to leave?"

"Nope, you are not going anywhere." Jong Dae said while tightening his hold on Baek Hyun.

"I can stay with you?" Baek Hyun asked timidly and Jong Dae positioned both of them so that they are in a comfortable sleeping position for two guys on a single bed.

"Always."


Special Coupon for Christmas 

This coupon is valid for redemption only on the night of Christmas Eve and is entitled to

Jong Dae's cuddle

where Baek Hyun is permitted to cuddle with Jong Dae until he falls asleep.

This coupon expires on midnight on Christmas Day.


Prompt 1 Completed! (24/12/2013)

Title : A Baery Chenmas

Prompt : The aftermath of the gift exchange on Exo's Showtime Ep 4 set on Christmas Eve and Day.

Theme : Christmas Special and Present Giving

OTP : BaekChen

Word Count : 2615 words

Requested by : Tumblr Anon (whoever you are, thank you) & blueberry_muffin

Author's note : Oh wow, so this is how it feels to do a one-shot. I hope this is good since it is honestly my first ever one-shot(since I tend to write too long and fail at it making it more parts than necessaty OTL). So I inserted fluff, comedy and Christmas in this so it's perfect for me. I have been writing this and perfecting it since the preview of Episode 4 while watching Episode 3 of Showtime so you know how much this tiny BaekChen moment affected me. Thank you to all of you who subsribed only from the Foreword page, hope I didn't dissapoint. Go check my Prompt list for what is next and comment your own prompt or anything at all because it would put a smile on my face. Merry Christmas~

 

Beautiful Poster credit to :