All In a Day's Work [Prompt 4]

EXO Behind The Scene [One-Shot Collection]

A/N : Poster is finally done. Hope you enjoyed this one-shot. -S

 

“So you can either go in groups or alone. The point is to remember to tell the camera which member you’re buying the present for and why you picked the present. There will be one camera following each member,” the producer read off the clipboard. Zitao quickly bounded over to Sehun and Jongin and plopped himself down on Sehun’s lap. The producer scanned the board again and cleared his throat, “Shopping allowance will be from your own wallets.”

Zitao stared at the two boys and jumped off Sehun’s lap. He half-jogged over to Yifan’s side, “Duizhaaaaaaang.”

“Too realistic for your own good,” Yifan muttered under his breath but let the younger boy curl into him nonetheless. Baekhyun and Jongdae exchanged glances before making their way to each other naturally. Jongdae had his fingers wrapped around Kyungsoo’s wrist, pulling the boy along. Kyungsoo shook his head violently and attempted to squirm away. It was all too late. Chanyeol had also reached Baekhyun at the same time.

“I’M NOT SHOPPING WITH THE PSYCHOTIC TRIO!” Kyungsoo shrieked. Jongdae narrowed his eyes at Chanyeol, “Go somewhere else. I want Kyungie.”

“You don’t want me,” Kyungsoo insisted as he struggled against Jongdae’s surprisingly vice-like grip. Baekhyun nodded at Jongdae’s words, giving Chanyeol a little push.

“Go with the maknae-line. You’re supposed to be working on the Chanyeol-Kai ship right? Go go go.”

Chanyeol pouted before hopping over to Jongin and latching himself on the dancer’s arm. Jongin looked stricken as Sehun glared at Jongdae and Baekhyun. Jongdae flashed his usual pretty smile at them, causing Sehun’s glare to soften to a defeated pout.

It was almost official, the two younger boys were stuck with Chanyeol. For a shopping trip to buy Chanyeol his birthday present. Jongin and Sehun exchanged glances. Yifan looked at Jongdae, clearly impressed.

“You need to show me how you manage to subdue all of them with just your smile.”

“That’s because he’s Funky JD hyung and you’re not,” Baekhyun grinned as he cupped Jongdae’s chin with one hand to shake his friend’s head from side to side. Jongdae laughed happily, his grip still firmly around Kyungsoo’s wrist. Kyungsoo looked just as defeated as he hung his head low.

After a few minutes, the producer received a call to say that the two vans to send the boys to Garousil had arrived. He shooed them out of the waiting room and towards the vans. Reaching the vans, the boys naturally split into their sub-groups, not before Baekhyun making a show of being separated from “his” Funky JD. With a final neck chop and shove from Kyungsoo, the boys climbed into their respective vans and set off.

They soon reached Garousil without any fuss. Hamming it up for the cameras, the two groups jumped off the vans and proceeded to pretend as though they had not seen one another in ages. There was more laughter as they posed for the camera with their signature cringe-worthy greeting. Jongin wondered what possessed him that day but dismissed it with a smile as Sehun found him in the crowd.

Jongin looked around to find that everyone else ran off as fast as their little legs could take them. At least everyone except for Kris and Zitao who were just freakishly tall. He stared at Sehun and Chanyeol who were watching him expectantly. Forcing a smile at both of them, he shoved his hands into his pockets and started walking. Perhaps Chanyeol would point them in the right direction for his present and it would make their jobs a lot easier.

The three boys bantered and laughed their way through Garousil in all ways they thought possible. The two younger ones let Chanyeol drag them into a hat shop and try on numerous hats until they found a window of opportunity to split up and make a dash for it.

When the two had met up again, they walked down the streets in silent for a while relishing the freedom that early morning where there were no fans snapping away at them. After a few seconds, Jongin stared at Sehun.

“Do you feel bad that we abandoned Chanyeol hyung?”

Sehun thought for a while before nodding his head slowly. Jongin pouted, “Really?”

“Nope,” Sehun answered quickly. Immediately the two boys broke down into hysterical laughter, even stopping by the roadside to catch their breaths. When they had calmed down, Sehun shook his head to rid the residual laughter and linked Jongin’s arm.

“I haven’t been down this street for ages like this.”

“Me too,” Jongin smiled appreciatively, ignoring the cameras that were trained on them. If they were boring enough, their parts would be cut out. The boys were okay with it, as long as they had fun together. That was really that mattered at that point.

Making sure that the coast was clear, the two returned to the hat shop where they were at with Chanyeol to check out the hats again. Sehun had his lips turned downwards in his now-signature pout as he waved the maddening price tag from a hat at Jongin.

“What do we do? This is too expensive.”

“We are sharing, aren’t we?” Jongin pouted back. He silently marveled at how Sehun’s lips were incredibly long and flexible before turning his attention back to the hats. He picked up a cap that Chanyeol had taken notice of and sighed. Sehun sighed as well.

“If Chanyeol knew we both liked it, he would have bought it without questioning for us,” Sehun said softly after a while. Jongin nodded sadly. They stared around the shop and continued picking around at the hats. Finally, they left the shop together, hands stuffed into their pockets.

“If we can’t get him what he wants, we should get him what he needs,” Jongin decided as they walked on. One of the cameramen gave a soft cough. Jongin grinned at him, “Have we been incredibly boring?”

There was a nod. Sehun pouted again in frustration before he caught sight of an accessory stand. He grabbed Jongin, “Let’s check that out!”

Again, it was futile. The boys had picked around for a while around the stand and played it up for the camera before they remembered that roadside stores only accepted cash. They apologized to the vendor and moved on. Jongin rubbed his face painfully, “I need a drink. Vodka, beer, whiskey, milk, whatever. I need a drink.”

Sehun nodded. Then he turned to Jongin, his eyes sparkling. Jongin met his eyes and immediately knew what the maknae was up to. They both stopped to laugh again, slapping each other at the silent message. The cameramen groaned. Smirking, the two boys continued walking until they found what they were looking for.

As they entered the convenient store, they started their random picking of items, laughing at the mouth wash and knick knacks. The final straw came when they picked the gloves. Jongin had collapsed in a corner and Sehun was desperately covering his mouth with the gloves, feeling as though he was going to choke on his saliva. The cameramen sniggered silently from behind and gave the two boys thumbs-up at the gifts. Jongin and Sehun nodded happily and moved to make payment.

“We’re officially the funniest two. We are the perfect team,” Sehun declared as they stepped out of the convenient store. Jongin nodded, stil laughing at certain moments when he stared into the bag in their hands, “I think even Baekhyun and Jongdae hyung won’t be able to top our with their nonsense. This is brilliant. Imagine all the air time! We should stick together more.”

Sehun nodded with a wide closed-lip smile. He linked his arm easily with Jongin. They were too often caught up in their schedules of recordings and practices. He missed the more carefree times with Jongin. With the camera crew looking a little bored as the boys had settled their shopping, they had started to look around and film scenic shots as fillers for the episode. Sehun and Jongin continued on their way, enjoying the moments of solitude before all the madness of hamming it up for the camera started again.

“This is nice,” Jongin muttered after a while.

“It is, Jongin, it sure is,” Sehun murmured back as he took a deep breath. Jongin turned to Sehun, an eyebrow raised. Sehun smiled back, “I like calling you Jongin more than I like calling you Kai. ‘Kai’ feels like work.”

Jongin nodded with his own smile, “I like ‘Jongin’ better than ‘Kai’ too.”

There was a few more seconds of quiet before Sehun glanced at his watch, “Maybe we should find the hyungs and bestow them with our presence and more air time. I’m sure we can get someone like Luhan-hyung, or Joonmyeon-hyung, or Jongdae-hyung to buy us coffee or bubble tea!”

Jongin grinned and nodded before tearing down the streets, running with Sehun hand-in-hand to hunt for their hyungs.

 


Baekhyun and Jongdae had pulled Kyungsoo with them once everyone was asked to set off, running as fast as their little legs could take them. As they turned a corner, Kyungsoo yanked away from Jongdae’s grip and didn’t stop running. Jongdae glared at Kyungsoo’s disappearing back before turning back to Baekhyun. Baekhyun gave a shrug and linked his arm with Jongdae’s.

“He’s fulfilled his purpose of getting rid of Yeol for us. We can let him go now.”

“True,” Jongdae nodded as he and Baekhyun started their stroll. They walked for a few minutes quietly before Baekhyun asked Jongdae if he knew anything about Garousil. Jongdae stared at him. After bantering about how they were not Seoul residents but hopeless and clueless Gyeonggido kids, they groaned.

“I knew we had to keep Kyung for a reason,” Jongdae muttered as he looked around the area.

Baekhyun pouted prettily until they saw a hat shop. Without hesitation, they entered the shop. It was known to everyone that Chanyeol loved his caps, hats, and beanies.

“But that’s going to be a problem, half of the presents are going to end up being from this store. We’re going to have repeated presents,” Baekhyun pointed out for a while. Jongdae sighed and nodded. They left the shop, wandering aimlessly again.

Being left alone with each other, they started chatting about their families and practice, forgetting about Chanyeol’s present for a while. They were technically working but the two boys had grown so used to the cameras being around them that they ignored the cameras, continuing as though they were having a day off.

The two friends allowed time to stop for a while as idols and decided that they were going to pretend to be back at their pre-debut days. The streets were still quiet and empty with almost no fans snapping away at them. They stopped to play with strays, take photos of each other on their phones, having an ice cream in the cold weather, and annoyed the cameramen after a while when they made to grab the cameras to film the crew instead.

When the panting crew had finally retrived their cameras from the pesky duo, Baekhyun sulked for a while at the loss of his newfound toy. Jongdae pointed at a clothes shop that was having a sale. Grabbing Baekhyun’s wrist, Jongdae entered the shop happily.

Before the two boys realized it, they were again distracted by the numerous jackets and T-shirts. Jongdae attempted to stay focus but it was getting difficult as he picked up more items that caught his eyes. He forced himself to look at larger clothes before Baekhyun’s signature husky voice made him turn around.

Baekhyun had a leather jacket on to match his inane cheeky grin, “I’m going to look at a mirror.”

Jongdae feebly reached to tug at Baekhyun, a grin appearing on his own lips. They should not have been left alone together. As Baekhyun sauntered away, Jongdae picked up a plain looking blazer that looked like something Chanyeol would wear. He glanced at the price tag just as he heard Baekhyun come out of the fitting room.

“Chen-ah, how is it?”

Jongdae looked up and burst into laughter immediately, squatting by the clothes rack. Baekhyun was leaning his side against the wall, as if he was posing. Jongdae couldn’t tell if he was supposed to be embarrassed or not. He stood up quickly and tugged at Baekhyun again who had changed his pose, “Ah, what’s with this kid? Don’t be like this!”

Then Jongdae decided that the jacket in his hands was really nice. He started looking for his own size on the rack as Baekhyun asked, “I’ll do it once again. Chen, how is this?”

Jongdae pulled out the blazer in his size and turned to Baekhyun. Now, Baekhyun was definitely embarrassing. He had pressed his shoulders to the wall and attempted to cover his face in a pose that even Zitao or Kris would never be caught dead in. Jongdae’s hand raised naturally and grabbed at Baekhyun’s wrist in mock indignant, “You can’t do this here!”

“But it’s really nice,” Baekhyun’s tone turned whimsical. Jongdae knew he had lost Baekhyun’s attention and quietly followed Baekhyun to the fitting rooms at the back. He might as well try on the blazer he had picked out as well.

They hesitated for a while and fiddled with the newly acquired jackets in their hands. After trying on a few more items, Jongdae groaned.

“Baek! Focus! Yeol! THINK OF YEOL.”

“Damnit,” Baekhyun groaned as he hung back another jacket. The production crew was looking bored again. He grinned at them apologetically before pulling Jongdae around. They continued for a while more before Jongdae’s eyes set on a full blown animal print suit which they couldn’t decide if it was a tracksuit or pajamas. But the two boys were cracking up too hard.

“We need to buy this,” Baekhyun wheezed uncomfortably. Jongdae panted and nodded at the same time, clutching at the sides of his waist. They called for the sales assistant and pointed at the printed two-piece suit.

As they stood at the counter, they realized that the jacket was a little more expensive than the pants if they were to pay separately. Jongdae wrinkled his nose for a second before handing over his card without thinking. Baekhyun pouted.

“Yours is more expensive.”

“Yeol will like them both the same.”

“But you’re paying more. I’m older, I should be paying more.”

“Ah, that’s just dumb. We’re the same-age, Baek,” Jongdae rolled his eyes as he signed the bill in front of him. He thanked the sales assistant as she proceeded to ring up the pants for Baekhyun.

“We should just spilt it evenly.”

“Yeol won’t know the difference,” Jongdae replied as he watched Baekhyun sign for the purchase. Baekhyun glared at Jongdae as he handed the signed credit card slip back to the sale assistant.

“It’s not about Yeol knowing. It’s about me knowing. We’re splitting the bill evenly, whether anyone knows about it or not.”

“Why?” Jongdae asked, a little peeved at Baekhyun’s insistence. Baekhyun took the bag over from the sales assistant and peered into the bag to make sure that his pants were in it. Then he stared at Jongdae.

“Because you’re my best friend, Jongdae. We come in pairs, from our present to Yeol to how the cost of the present should be split.”

“You’re being silly,” Jongdae grinned as they exited the store. He looked at Baekhyun. Both of them had their shopping in their right hands and Chanyeol’s present in their left even without any coordination on their part. It was all too natural. They were already a pair. “Have you even seen how we’re holding our shopping in the same way?”

Baekhyun glanced down and burst into peals of giggles as Jongdae joined in, his own laughter harmonizing with Baekhyun’s. They knew that they didn’t just match in terms of their voices but also in their laughter and mannerisms.

“You’ve got to at least let me buy you coffee then.”

Jongdae nodded with a wide smile, his eyes crinkling into pretty crescents as Baekhyun’s own eyes did the exact same thing. They turned a corner to look for a coffee shop when they saw Sehun and Jongin running down the street in a distance. Jongin’s head snapped to them. The younger boy stopped and pulled at Sehun. Sehun turned as well and the grin on his face was far too devious to miss.

“Something tells me we need to get away from tbose two,” Baekhyun narrowed his eyes, turning from eye smiles to ones that were glaringly suspicious. Jongdae burst into laughter and with his shopping bag handles still in his hand, he grabbed Baekhyun’s hand that was closest to him.

“They are going to make us buy them drinks! Run, Baek-ah! Run!”

The two elder boys laughed and tore down the streets hand-in-hand as Jongdae ran a little faster, pulling Baekhyun close with him. All it took was five seconds before Sehun bent over at a corner of the street as Jongin leaned tiredly against a street lamp, trying to catch his breath.

“I forgot how fit Jongdae-hyung really is. He’s ridiculous,” Jongin moaned painfully as he threw his head back. Sehun gave a tired cough and nodded. The camera crew caught up with them, panting and exhausted as well. He straightened up and stared at Jongin.

“I think Luhan-hyung will run from us too. I don’t want to have to work so hard for a drink.”

“Joonmyeon-hyung. Let’s find Joonmyeon-hyung,” Jongin smirked despite his tiredness, one corner of his lips quirking up. Sehun half-laughed and nodded again. He let his hands close around his own best friend’s wrist and pulled him along to hunt for their next victim.

 

 

Towards the end of the night when the rest of the filming was done, the boys sat around in the living room of their dorm, sharing little stories of their shopping. Kyungsoo was complaining to Chanyeol about how difficult it was to buy a llama stuff toy while Kris tried to convince Kyungsoo that alpacas were cuter because theyaresofluffyIamgoingtodie. Chanyeol laughed as he pushed the small wolf hat down on his head a little tighter. Then a tap on his shoulder made him look back where Sehun and Jongin were grinning at him. Jongin took Chanyeol's wrist and pulled the older boy off the couch to a corner.

When the three were gathered away from the view of everyone else, Sehun pushed a small wrapped parcel into Chanyeol's hand.

"For you, Hyung."

Chanyeol stared at the brown wrapping curiously and tore it open. A candy-cane striped beanie stared back at him. The older man turned to the maknae line standing sheepishly in front of him.

"Those things from the convenience store were meant as a joke. I hope you don't think that was really your present," Jongin smiled shyly, his eyes focused on the beanie in Chanyeol's hand. Chanyeol pressed his lips together and nodded. Without a warning, he grabbed the two younger boys into a tight bear hug.

"You two are really such brats, you know."

"We know," Sehun laughed. "Trust us, we know."

 

Prompt 4 Completed! (11/1/2014)

Title : All in a day's work

Prompt : Behind the scenes and in depth look on Episode 3 of Exo's Showtime.

Theme : Shopping / Bromance

OTP : SeKai; side!BaekChen

Word Count : 3196 words

Requested by : jessie14 

Author's note : Personally I thought what my dear friend, cheesecakemon did was wonderful and I reread this so much. It was a great idea asking her to co-author this with me since I can't handle all the requests myself due to part-time work and starting college soon. Thanks for the patience; do subscribe, upvote and comment if you enjoyed it because we live for those. Prompt 3 coming up soon when I have time. -S

Greetings! Cheesecakemon here! This is my first story here so please be kind to me!

I did think that this shopping episode was so adorable. Especially the way the boys were laughing and running from poor Chanyeol but it was also so very sweet. Even if the episodes are scripted, I feel the adoration and relationships between the boys being very real. Look at this face. HOW IS HE NOT SINCERE. Oh Sehun will always be my favorite brat. -C