} II.

Spirited Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chrystalline droplets dropped and pounded the earth like a million drumbeats, and here Zitao stood, once more in the green meadow, now turning a crisp brown. He no longer understood why he kept returning here, why he never could explore other places or roma freely..it was strange. But he supposed it was better than nothing. He wandered the meadow, leisurely, feeling the cool rain touch his skin, yet not wet him. 

A curious affect.

Every so often the sky would be painted with violet streaks, and it would briefly taint the world under it. And as always, ZiTao remained trapped, trapped by what he was now. No human. No human any longer...

He closed his eyes as the rain continued to fall and dribble off leaves, soak the dry earth and dying life around him. The ocean side was quiet now, and he wished he could go and see it, see the grey clouds above the deep blue that was the sea. He wished he could go and see the white foam strike at the grey sea shole, and the strange shapes the choppy waves would make as they traversed their open path.

The gulls would be silent, scuttling about in their cave side nests, grey wings tucked against white boddies, feathers ruffled and fluffed to keep them warm.

But ZiTao could only imagine, for he could not leave this meadow..and he wished he knew why.

That was when he heard the crunch of boots, and he knew this was his exit as once again he was whisked away.

Another day..he would meet the other another day..even if it'd be his last day..

The bitter autumn wind did not aid Yifan as he once again traversed over the dead grass, his steps slow as pa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter