Chapter 21

Love Her and Keep Her
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“So…our club is the ‘props’ group?” Bobby sighs. “Also known as the ‘no fun’ group.” He mumbled the last part to himself. He looks to the side as he sees Jinhwan in his own group, excitedly spitting out all kinds of ideas. “The events group must be having so much fun.”

Hanbin didn’t hear any of Bobby’s complaining. He was too concern over his own thoughts about Sarang. She was standing with a few other girls and when he looked to the side, he could also see Mino mimicking his actions.

“We had such luck to be placed with him.” Bobby scratches the back of his neck. Seeing Mino at school was enough but now they had to spend after school together too.

One of the girls steps up. “If you guys don’t mind, I’ve decided on who would do what. If you guys don’t like it, just try to put up with it.” She pulls out the assignment sheet. “Hwayoung and Jimin can take care of design. Hasun and I will take care of organization. Bobby and Sarang can take care of painting and building. Mino and Hanbin can be in charge of materials, since the wood and everything will be too heavy for the girls to carry.”

Bobby gaped and carefully eyes Hanbin. Has the girl been living under a rock? What in the world is she thinking to put Hanbin and Mino together. She was asking for World War III. Bobby slowly raises his hands and presses his lips together into a smile. “Hey, putting Hanbin and Mino together is kind of…” He trailed off.

The girl blinks at him innocently. “I think it’ll be fine.”

Bobby weakly chuckled. “Oh…really?” He smacks his lips. “…If you say so…” He mentally apologizes to Hanbin. He tried.

Before anything started, Hanbin could already feel the tension between him and Mino. He caught the look of worry on Sarang’s face so he attempts a smile while looking at Mino. “Well, let’s get to work, partner.”

***

While getting the wood planks together for the props and gathering the paint buckets, Hanbin and Mino were trying their best to avoid each other. One little thing was strong enough to set the other off.

Hanbin eyes the paints that Mino was setting down. “She told us to get all the red.” Mino was carelessly grabbing anything he could get his hands on.

“I don’t give a damn. I just want to get it done so I can go home.” Mino retorted back roughly.

Hanbin sighs. “We would have to stay longer to fix your mistake.”

Mino drops the cans in his hands without a single care in the world. “Are you trying to make me angry?”

Hanbin sets his own cans down. “Would you be mature for once?”

Bobby, who was walking by, notices the tension that seems to have gotten thicker in the matter of 20 minutes. “Hey, guys! I don’t want to be pushy or anything….but the faster we get done, the faster we get home.”

After hearing that, the two boys went their separate ways and continued their tasks.

Bobby breathed out a temporary sigh of relief. “Why do I have such a bad feeling?” He mumbled to himself. Makes him wonder why he didn’t have the luck to be in the same group as Jinhwan. It seemed like everywhere Jinhwan is – it’ll be sunshine and rainbows. Here, it felt dark and ominous. See the difference? Because Bobby sure did.

***

Hanbin sets down the last two cans of paint and wipes away the sweat on his forehead. Despite the cooler temperatures, it did nothing to stop his body from getting hot. He loosened his tie to cool himself down.

Now that he was done, he glances around to see students getting ready to leave and Sarang catches his attention. She was smiling along as she sketched. Hanbin couldn’t help but smile at the sight.

Sarang was busy doodling some game attractions to even notice Hanbin admiring her. But, her smile falters thinking about the time. Sarang had told her mom that she didn’t need to be picked up anymore since she didn’t want to be afraid walking back to her own home. But, she wanted to leave before it got dark.

“Miyun.” Sarang called out the leader of the group. “Do you mind if I head home? I’ll work on the sketches tonight.”

“Sure, we’re almost done anyway.” Miyun answers back. She turns her attention to the others in the group. “We can pack up now, we’ll work on it more tomorrow.” At the announcement, everyone shuffles around to put away the materials and gather their belongings.

Sarang felt around in her backpack for her buzzing phone. “Hello?” It was her mom. “Mom, I said I would try to walk home today, don’t come pick me up.” Sarang said softly. She didn’t want to be afraid anymore and if her mom continues to be like this, Sarang wouldn’t be able to take the firs

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter