Chapter 12

Love Her and Keep Her
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jinhwan and Bobby sat up in a start when their tent was zipped opened.

“Don’t you dare walk in here wet like that.” Bobby stated blankly upon seeing Hanbin.

“You’re safe!” Jinhwan breathed a sigh of relief. “You just rushed into the woods, you made us so worried.”

“That was just you.” Bobby nudged the talkative shorty.

“I’m fine.” Hanbin chuckled and gave Bobby a look. “Thanks for worrying about me.” Hanbin took a step and Bobby pointed at his feet.

“Hey! What did I just say!”

Hanbin narrowed his eyes at Bobby and reached into his bag for some clean clothes.

“Is Sarang okay?” Jinhwan leaned in with earnest eyes.

“Yeah, she’s fine for the most part.”

“Mino didn’t go after you?” Bobby asked. They shouldn’t be asking about Sarang, they should be asking about Hanbin’s physical well-being. There was no way Mino would have just sat on the side after hearing Hanbin ran into the woods to find Sarang.

“Actually, we had a nice talk just now.” Hanbin shrugged his shoulders. “You know, there were some threats here and there, and some warnings but everything was cool.”

Bobby smacked his lips together. “I’m glad everything worked out then.” He comments sarcastically. When he looked at Hanbin, he stared at his facial expression. “Why are you so happy?”

“Huh? Me?” Hanbin arched his brow. A small smile tugged at his lips. “I think I moved Sarang a little.”

“So she likes you?” Bobby asked, getting a little interested.

“…No, not yet, but soon. I can feel it.” Hanbin answers with a bright expression. Jinhwan on the side could only stare. This was the first time he had seen such an expression on Hanbin’s face. And Jinhwan wonders how disappointed Hanbin would be learning the truth about this little trip to the past. The truth Jinhwan hadn’t told Hanbin yet about.

The big guy told Jinhwan that it was better this way. It was better to keep it from Hanbin for now. There will be a better time, but the guilt was already eating away at Jinhwan.

“Jinhwan.” Bobby nudges the boy.

Jinhwan blinks back from his thoughts. “Huh?”

“What’s wrong with you?”

“Oh…I’m just tired.” Jinhwan sheepishly smiles and yawns.

Bobby yawns along. “I’m ready for bed too.” He couldn’t sleep because Hanbin recklessly ran into the woods. Why was his best friend so troublesome?

***

“Good morning, everyone!” The teacher says lively. Since it was sunnier and hotter today, all the students were led to the local lake. “As you can see, we’re at the lake and the plan goes like this…”

Jinhwan was of course, no less excited today. Hanbin leaned over after remembering what to ask him. “Hey, where did you disappear to last night?” Hanbin had woken up in the middle of the night to find the spot next to him empty.

“Just into the woods.”

Jinhwan was no normal person so Hanbin was sure he could take care of himself. He shrugged it off and returned his attention back on the teacher. Bobby and Jinhwan took off their shirts and ran into the lake gleefully as soon as the signal was given. Hanbin stared after them but his eyes automatically catch Sarang. Everyone else was in their bathing suits but Sarang was nervously staring down at the water.

“Hanbin, let’s just celebrate simply for our anniversary.” Sarang says and sips on her hot chocolate. She was never a fan of coffee.

“You don’t want to go to the lake?” Hanbin placed his espresso down on the café's table. He thought they had agreed on renting out a lake house to spend some time together.

Sarang shakes her head.

Hanbin chuckles, knowing why she was acting like that. “The lake isn’t deep. It’ll be okay, Sarang.”

“I’ll drown!” She shakes her head again. “I’ve never learned how to swim.”

“But I’ll be there.”

Sarang looks up with pleading eyes. “Please, Hanbin, I would do anything but go there.” She really didn’t want to go at all.

Hanbin frowned. “But, I’ve already rented out the lake house.” He had already prepared everything. It would be a pain to cancel and change plans.

Sarang seeing that her wants were inconvenient to Hanbin – forced a smile on her face. “Never mind then. I’m sure it wouldn’t be too bad.” She answers hesitantly.

“The lake is not deep, you know.”

Sarang jumped at the sudden voice and snapped her head around to see who it was. “Hanbin, you scared me!”

“Did you think I was going to push you in?” He gave her a teasing smile. “Are you scared of water?”

“No.” She blurts, almost too quickly. “I just…I’m not feeling it today.” Oh, how obvious her lies are. It almost made him laugh out loud in adoration.

Hanbin decided to not blatantly tell her that he knew she couldn’t swim. Instead, he looked down at her bandaged knee from yesterday’s accident. “Good, I would have suggested you to stay out of the water, we wouldn’t know what other accident you would get into.” Sarang doesn’t really like water and he should make up for his inconsideration in the past.

Sarang gaped at Hanbin. “Hey! I didn’t appreciate that joke about yesterday!” He was openly teasing her and she still felt embarrassed after making everyone worried. She huffed silently and looked back at the lake. “It’s not like I’m missing out on anything, there’s only half guys and girls in there anyway.”

Hanbin deciding to grabbed the ends of his shirt and pull it over his head. Sarang turned around to look at him at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter