Chapter 19

Love Her and Keep Her
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Jinhwan, come out.” Hanbin sat at the edge of his bed and called out. He still couldn’t believe he said all those embarrassing things out loud just an hour ago. He acted like he didn’t care but, getting rejected was a pinch to his pride.

Jinhwan appeared out of thin air and sat down beside Hanbin.

“I have until the end of the semester, right?” Hanbin asked blankly. Jinhwan nodded and the look on the boy’s face made Hanbin sigh. “I’m sorry for yelling at you earlier. You took me by surprise.”

“I expected it.” Jinhwan answered softly and played with his hands. He didn’t mean to hide anything away Hanbin and if only Hanbin knew how the guilt was eating at him. “I’m glad you’re not upset at me anymore.”

Hanbin draped his arm around Jinhwan’s shoulders. “I don’t think I can be fully upset with you.” Jinhwan had the face where he could get away with anything. The person would actually be the one to feel bad even though Jinhwan was at fault.

Jinhwan chuckled. “I didn’t mean to spy on you but I know about your conversation with Sarang.”

Hanbin chuckled. “Were you surprised at how manly I was?” Hanbin joked.

“I’ve never thought you would be so mushy.” Jinhwan playfully shivered. “You’ve figured it out and spoke your mind.”

Hanbin sighs. “You also know that she turned me down.” Well, it didn’t really matter if she accepted him or not since it wouldn’t affect the future. But, Hanbin didn’t intend to back off. He is going to continue to figure out other flaws in their relationship. He wanted to learn things about her that he missed and he wanted to love her like he should have.

“But, it’s good to know that you aren’t going to give up.” Jinhwan smiled proudly.

Hanbin nodded and hummed. The sound of his ringing phone interrupted their conversation. Hanbin looked at the number and realized it was a number he has never seen before. “Hello?”

The person’s familiar voice caused Hanbin to scoff. “Get your outside.”

“Are you waiting outside of my house? I’m not flattered, you know.” Hanbin joked as Mino’s angered voice came over again.

“I’m not playing. Get out here.” Mino hangs up and Hanbin stares at his phone in disbelief.

He turned to Jinhwan. “I don’t think I’ve solved everything.”

Jinhwan’s eyes widened. “What do you mean?” He gets up to follow Hanbin out the bedroom and outside the house. There, in front of the small home, stood Mino and his two friends.

“What brings you here?” Hanbin asks amusingly.

“Stop acting like you don’t know.” Mino growled. “Sarang broke up with me.”

That was the first time hearing that and Hanbin laughed. “She broke up with you? When did that happen?”

Mino clenched his jaw in irritation.

“Oh…” Hanbin drawled as remembered something. “Your little secret got out, right?” Although at the moment, he wanted to taunt Mino, but he thought about how much Sarang could be hurting. No wonder why she rejected his feelings.

“Shut it.” Mino warned through gritted teeth.

“You hurt her and if you’re here to take it out on me, I’m sure Sarang won’t take you back after anyways.”

Mino charged and grabbed Hanbin by the collar. “Shut the hell up.”

Hanbin stood there, unmoving by Mino’s threats and Jinhwan stood on the side, not knowing what to do. Should he help? Jinhwan went to stop it but, Hanbin spoke out. “Jinhwan, stay out of it. I’ll be fine.”

How could he let Jinhwan join the fight? The kid looked like he couldn’t hurt a fly let alone some angered teenagers.

“Like hell you are. I’m going to make sure you regret ever interfering.” This time, without holding back, Mino punches Hanbin and Hanbin falls to the ground from the surprise attack.

Hanbin wiped away the blood on his cut lips. “Fine, I was never a pacifist anyway.” Hanbin quickly got to his feet and returned the favor – his fist contacting Mino’s face hard. “That’s for Sarang. Although, I don’t think the pain from my punch could ever compare to how much you hurt her.”

Hanbin was going to make sure Mino regretted ever hurting Sarang.

***

Bobby met up with Hanbin and Jinhwan by Hanbin’s locker. He was taken aback by the state of his best friend. Hanbin had small cuts and bruises on his face. “What the hell happen to you?” Bobby blurted without consideration. There was no time for that when Bobby’s curiosity was stronger.

Jinhwan motioned for Bobby to be quiet. Bobby was going to ask again but stopped when Hanbin loudly slammed his locker shut. Bobby flinched and soon, the whispers of the surrounding students took his attention away.

Everyone was looking down the hallway and Bobby followed their line of sight. He almost laughed out loud seeing Mino and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter