JUNSEOB : A DAY

APPA WILL NEVER ALLOW YOU TO GET MARRIED [THE SERIES]

 

*~*~*~*

 

The alarm was set to go off at 5:30 A.M, but JunHyung don`t got up at this time. He slammed his hand on the snooze button and dozed off for another 30 minutes. This is mostly because when his real alarm came in and got up, JunHyung would much rather being coming out of a light doze than a deep sleep.

 

Pitter-patter of tiny feet was the warning of the real alarm. It came into his room at 6 A.M exactly then pounced onto his bed and snuggled up next to him and blew on his ear until there’s an audible grunt.

 

“Morning Appa!” HyunSeung smiled.

 

He was perky, cheery, and excited at 6 A.M, an hour JunHyung had no business being awake at. Then that damn alarm clock would go off at 6:02 A.M. After turning the bloody thing off, JunHyung yawned and got out of bed, hungry child and black Batman slippers below his knees.

 

Breakfast, in the JunHyung household is usually a simple affair. Being the only adult, JunHyung started up the rice cooker and threw some toast in the toaster. HyunSeung poured himself and Appa small glasses of orange juice. By this time JunHyung’s had a cup of coffee and started to make either milk or decaf tea for HyunSeung.

 

Adding a bit of milk and fresh fruit to the rice, JunHyung made simple rice porridge and served it to himself and his son. HyunSeung happily munched down his meal, asking his father if they have any plans for the day.

 

“You’ve got school and I have work,” JunHyung answered with a smile on his face.

 

Dishes were next; HyunSeung likes to help with this. He got to dry all the dishes for JunHyung. By now it is 7 A.M, 2 hours until both JunHyung and HyunSeung are due at their respective places. Usually JunHyung would let HyunSeung playing with his abundance of plush toys and gave him time to choose what he wanted to wear today. But, since YoSeop became their next door`s neighbor, this is typically when the kindergarten’s teacher came over to chat with HyunSeung while JunHyung dashed through the shower. Once showered and shaved, the young father would get dressed. The time taken for him to get fully dressed was about 5 minutes since he chosen his attires a day earlier. JunHyung then returned to the living room and relieved YoSeop from his voluntary duties.

 

By now it is about 7:35 and JunHyung got to spend the next 25 minutes getting HyunSeung ready for school. Most of this time was spent to brush his fine hair and putting right color of socks to match with his shoes. Today HyunSeung insisted to wear the turquoise-colored ones with his dark purple Nike sneakers when his daddy tried his best to make him just wore the plain white socks. But as usual, the father failed.

 

At 8 A.M, JunHyung and HyunSeung left to go to work and school. JunHyung lifted HyunSeung up so that his son can push the elevator button to take them down to JunHyung`s Audi.

 

There’s a repeat of the car seat conversation and they buckled in and got on their way. JunHyung drove to the preschool first, parking his metallic crimson car at a city park about a block away. Both of them smiled happily while they chatted about random things on the walk to school, like what they should eat for dinner or when they should go buy some groceries since HyunSeung kept reminding his Appa that their bathroom were running out of toilet papers and toothpaste.

 

Upon arrival at the school building, the mothers there bombard JunHyung with questions and HyunSeung covered his ears.

 

 “Omo, you`re so young! Is this your little brother?”

 

“What a beautiful daughter you have~”

 

“Where`s your wife?”

 

“You are very handsome! Can I touch your cheeks?”

 

Usual scene.

 

Typically YoSeop created a diversion and rescued the two from the excited mothers. He casually took the 4 years old boy from his already exhausted daddy.

 

“Is this always happen?” He asked, almost burst into laugh.

 

JunHyung sighed as he fixed his son`s hair. “Since forever. But, you are the only teacher here that actually lends a hand.”

 

YoSeop chuckled. “Good morning HyunSeungie.” YoSeop greeted the little boy.

 

“Morning teacher,” HyunSeung smiled back shyly. JunHyung blushed a little; he always does, when HyunSeung showed his shyness.

 

YoSeop turned to JunHyung. “So, I’ll see you at dinner then?” He volunteered to make dinner for both of them since JunHyung will be home late today.

 

“Of course,” JunHyung huffed then knelt down and gave HyunSeung a hug. “You`ll be good at school today, okay?”

 

“Okay Appa!” HyunSeung then gave his beloved Appa a kiss on the cheek.

 

JunHyung waved as his precious baby boy scampered off to meet his friends. Meanwhile, his eagle-like eyes roaming searching for any suspicious boys that dare to stay too close with HyunSeung.

 

Typical JunHyung.

 

Saying good bye to HyunSeung in the mornings is hard for him. YoSeop understood this and put a comforting hand on his shoulder.

 

“Have a good day at work.” YoSeop wished him and also gave him a peck on the cheek.

 

JunHyung was too shocked to say anything. “YoSeop…”

 

“Em?” YoSeop answered, ready to walk toward the kids when JunHyung called for him. “JunHyung, you want to say something?”

 

“I…”

 

YoSeop crossed arms, ready to hear whatever coming from him. But, then, JunHyung just smile and patted YoSeop`s crown, “Nothing. Just take care of HyunSeung.”

 

YoSeop gave him an assurance pat on the shoulder before his heels. JunHyung sighed as he watched the man. Maybe I was not brave enough. Now, looking at YoSeop`s expression just now, he can`t help but to wonder if the younger was serious with what he said to him last week.

 

Put that aside, he bet HyunSeung saw what his teacher just done to his father because from afar, he could hear HyunSeung voice, “Teacher, are you flirting with my Appa?”

 

Flirting?

 

JunHyung hoped he heard wrong.

 

 

+++

 

 

Because of the distance from HyunSeung’s school to the office, JunHyung always arrived about 13 minutes late to work every morning. No one minded this, though the secretaries always gave him crap about it. If they weren’t flirting with him that is.

 

“You’re always so fashionably late, JunHyung-shii.” One the secretaries cooed at him. The way she said ‘fashionably’ made him want to shudder and run away, it was so sullied. But that was definitely not appropriate work conduct so JunHyung only gave them an annoyed look.

 

“Just buzz me in.” JunHyung told her curtly. He never tried to make small talk with the secretaries.

 

“Mr.Leeteuk, JunHyung-shii is here.” The secretary went about doing her job, knowing better than to try JunHyung when he used that tone. She’d already learned from that mistake.

 

“The elevator is ready.” The secretary nodded. Due to issues in the past with drunken employees, Leeteuk required people to be buzzed into his floor anytime that wasn’t the usual arrival times. This meant JunHyung had to be buzzed in every morning. Thankfully all JunHyung had to do was get into the elevator and it would take him straight to his boss’s floor.

 

Having stepped out of the elevator, JunHyung walked down the hall to where Leeteuk’s office was. As was usual, there was a nice little poster with a picture of something one wouldn’t want photocopied with a little notice that said ‘please do not abuse the fax machine’; and just like usual, JunHyung ripped the ing notice down and threw it into the trash bin at his desk.

 

 

+++

 

After his emergency meeting that morning, JunHyung went back to work. The only difference was that his cell phone was on the desk and within easy reach.

 

At 2:20 P.M JunHyung got a phone call, from YoSeop.

 

“Oh JunHyung, I’m just calling to tell you me and HyunSeung got in okay.” YoSeop explained.

 

“Anything happened today?” JunHyung asked, worried like he always was.

 

“Nothing of par-” YoSeop was cut off by HyunSeung saying something. JunHyung couldn’t quite make out of the words, but he knew it was his little angel`s sweet voice.

 

“He wants to talk to you.” YoSeop said.

 

“Put him on then.” JunHyung answered. He’d stopped working, but no one in that office would have dared ask him to stop having this conversation on the phone.

 

“Appa!” HyunSeung called euphorically.

 

“Hey,” JunHyung was smiling. He was sincerely happy. “How was your day?”

 

“Lots of fun!” HyunSeung answered. “I got to play catch with Zico today!”

 

What a bizarre name for a dog, JunHyung thought. Umm, wait?

 

“Seung-ah, who`s Zico?” The father asked, began to feel nervous.

 

“Zico just came here today, Appa! I don`t knows his real name since he don`t want to tell me. He was really nice to me!”

 

“That’s good.” JunHyung smiled, unconsciously gritted his teeth hard.

 

“Teacher says I shouldn’t keep you,” HyunSeung was frowning on the other end, “so good luck at work today!”

 

“Thanks. I love you, HyunSeung,” JunHyung told him sincerely.

 

“I love you too, Appa!” HyunSeung was smiling again. “Bye-bye.”

 

“Bye.” JunHyung then waited for HyunSeung to hang up. He hung up himself, still smiling.

 

 

 

+++

 

 

“Looks like our ‘Appa’ are pleased,” out of nowhere, Hongki peeked in and joked.

 

“What do you want?” JunHyung sounded annoyed but his content expression was not easily erased. HyunSeung had that kind of effect on him.

 

Hongki showed his white teeth, “I wanted you to check the new internet system we put up, if you have a minute.”

 

“You turned off the alarms right?” JunHyung asked as he his laptop.

 

“Of course!!” Hongki answered in a flash.

 

 

+++

 

 

It took JunHyung about 15 minutes to successfully hack into the system.

 

“Hn, a15.” JunHyung said as he turned to his friend.

 

“Damn,” Hongki muttered, “that’s worse than last time.”

 

JunHyung knitted his eyes brows, thinking something, “Why don’t you dual boot both systems?” He finally suggested. Hongki looked at him with an amused face.  “That’d work.”

 

 

 

+++

 

 

Having worked solidly until 3:10 P.M, JunHyung started packing up his things; he had an appointment with his family`s lawyer, Heechul at 3.30. After all, he still didn`t eat his lunch.

 

“How are you feeling today?” Heechul asked as they got into the French restaurant.

 

“Fine….” JunHyung frowned, not really knowing what was prompting this question. His eyes browsing over the documents Heechul just handed to him.

 

“You seem worsened.” Heechul quoted. “I don’t know, like you’re carrying around a lot of weight or something?”

 

“…Maybe that’s because I am.” JunHyung muttered thoughtfully. “I mean, how worse can I be when suddenly my own mother-in-law brought a suit against me?”

 

“You can`t blame her, you know. HyunSeung was the only heir to Kim family. Of course, she wants the best for his grandson.”

 

“By what? By try to take away the custody?” JunHyung sounded depressed. “I am really not a good father?”

 

“Eh?” Heechul didn’t quite follow that.

 

“I know I already gave up my right as the heir to Yong Enterprise. But, I managed to live our life well all this years.”

 

Heechul gave him a knowing look,” I started to think she will bring up all your dirty things you had done in the past.”

 

JunHyung`s eyes grew bigger,” You mean, when I was in high school?”

 

His lawyer nodded.

 

JunHyung sighed, “What she expect? I`m young, rich, genius, I have too much free time. Fighting and smoking are common things to healthy 17 years old teenager. Maybe she was too royal and majestic to know that general knowledge.”

 

“Well you certainly never do anything in moderation.”Heechul grinned.

 

“It’s not funny.”

 

“Try laughing.”

 

JunHyung glared at the man“…Is this some ing psychology trick of yours?”

 

“Just do it Jun-ah. You’re the one paying for this if you hold it off.”Heechul patted JunHyung`s shoulder a little as a sign of encouragement.

 

“….”

 

Heechul sighed. “No really, you’re paying me for my time to help you. Now just do it.”

 

“Ha. Ha.”The young father laughed sarcastically.

 

“Oh come on, I know you don’t really laugh like that.”

 

“ you.”

 

“Yong JunHyung.”Heechul leveling his voice. JunHyung was totally a different person when HyunSeung was not around; he will show his natural bad boy personalities.

 

JunHyung rolled his eyes. “Fine.”

 

“I want you to practice laughing about it for a bit.”Heechul smiled.

 

JunHyung`s forehead wrinkled. “Why?”

 

“Laughter has a remarkable amount of healing properties. If you can find something funny it weighs a lot less on your mind.”

 

JunHyung let a small ‘tchh’ sound. He took a sip from his cappuccino. “So it was one of your ing psychology tricks.”

 

A small laugh escaped from Heechul`s mouth. “But you can’t deny they aren’t working, can you?”

 

“Touché.”

 

Heechul laughed.

 

 

 

***

 

 

At 7:43 P.M, JunHyung opened the door of his apartment.

 

“I’m home!” JunHyung called as he took his black shoes off. HyunSeung came running over and threw himself into JunHyung’s open arms.

 

“Welcome home, Appa!” HyunSeung greeted him, all cheerful and happy.

 

“Thank you.” JunHyung told HyunSeung. He picked up Hyunseung and ruffled his son`s head fondly. “It’s good to be home.”

 

“Dinner’s ready.” HyunSeung remarked.

 

“Oh?” JunHyung looked at HyunSeung with a bemused smile.

 

“Yup!”

 

“We just finished it right before you came in.” YoSeop explained.

 

“Then by all means, let’s eat.” JunHyung nodded and started to walk towards the kitchen.

 

 

 

+++

 

 

“Are you two going to get married?” HyunSeung asked innocently, all of a sudden. That resulted in JunHyung spurted his orange juice and YoSeop blushed deeply.

 

“W-Wait! What are you saying, HyunSeung-ah?” YoSeop tried to fix the awkward situation.

 

“Well, Uncle YoSeop flirting with Appa a lot. Kissing-“

 

“Flirt?” JunHyung wiped his mouth fast. “Who taught you that word?”

 

HyunSeung puffed his cheeks, ‘Uncle Ki-“

 

“Now, HyunSeung-ah,” YoSeop cut him off before somebody may get hurt. “It`s not flirting. It is what being called encouragement. That is how I show my support to your Appa. I gave him some lucky charms."

 

“Really?” HyunSeung`s doe eyes widened in realization. JunHyung can`t help but to smile at the cute scene.

 

“Of course! After all, man can`t marry each other.” YoSeop sent JunHyung a wink. JunHyung coughed awkwardly at YoSeop`s action. The young father sipped his drink, trying to calm a bit.

 

“But, “HyunSeung titled his head, “Appa always said that he want to marry me.”

 

JunHyung spurted his juice again.

 

YoSeop, with mouth wide open, shoot JunHyung a glare,” HyunSeung`s Appa, is that true? What kind of thing are you teaching your child?”

 

JunHyung cleared his throat, “It`s only a joke, okay?”

 

Suddenly,

 

“Appa, “HyunSeung`s eyes began to tear,”But, isn`t that married people live together and happily ever after?”

 

Crap.

 

‘Appa, you don`t want to live together with me anymore?” HyunSeung looked like an abandoned hungry puppy.

 

“No! That` not what I mean, HyunSeung-ah!”

 

“Boohoo~” HyunSeung cried.

 

JunHyung panicked. He rushed toward his son and picked him up, rocking him. “Sorry! I`m really sorry, Hyunseung-ah. Appa being bad today.”

 

YoSeop sighed at the scene in front of him. Stupid Appa. Now, he started to wonder what actually JunHyung want to tell him this morning.

 

 

 

+++

 

 

10.05 P.M, HyunSeung was already drifted to sleep. After clean up the mess, YoSeop walked toward the door, ready to return to his own apartment.

 

“See you tomorrow.” YoSeop bid JunHyung a goodbye. JunHyung`s brown orbs followed YoSeop`s steps. His face was blank but intense, like he was trying to decided something. Just when YoSeop want to turn the knob, JunHyung suddenly grabbed his left hand, “YoSeop, I want to tell you something.”

 

YoSeop stopped but his right hand never left the knob. He can feel that the butterflies in his stomach started to do strange dance. His eyes slowly looking for JunHyung`s, but the said man had his head facing the floor.

 

“This is about last week,” JunHyung began.

 

YoSeop`s heart skipped several beats. ”JunHyung, I-I told you that you can think that over-“

 

“I`m sorry,”

 

Those single sentence cutting throw YoSeop`s small heart like a dagger.

 

“JunHyung,” YoSeop looked at their entwined hand. Slowly but surely, JunHyung let go of his hand.

 

JunHyung finally looked at him with a dawned face. “I`m sorry that I can`t accept your feeling for me.”

 

“…”

 

“YoSeop,” JunHyung knew he had probably made YoSeop`s heart scattered into pieces. But, he had no choices. “I really appreciate your feeling. Honestly, I`m happy that you love me. It just that, I had no intention to be in relationship right now.”

 

“Is this because of HyunSeung?” YoSeop finally said something after a while.

 

JunHyung didn`t answered straight away. Instead, he walked away from YoSeop and went toward the nearby cabinet. There, a picture of a beautiful young woman with eyes similar to HyunSeung being displayed.

 

‘Partly yes. But, I really want to be honest with you. I–I don`t,”

 

“I get it. You don`t have the same feeling toward me.” YoSeop cut JunHyung off with an unexplainable smile being plastered on his baby –like face.

 

Now, he standing next to JunHyung, his right arm sneaked around JunHyung`s shoulder. He swapped a glance over the picture before sigh loudly.

 

“YoSeop?”

 

The said man turned his head to JunHyung, still smiled. “DuJun was right. He actually never fall in love with anyone in your life, don`t you?”

 

“…”

 

“Not even at your wife?”

 

“DuJun told you that?”

 

YoSeop`s hand left JunHyung`s shoulder. “He told me that although you always called her Yoebo, the main reason is not because of love. You just felt unwilling to call by her name.”

 

JunHyung stay silent.

 

YoSeop continued, “I know what kind of horrible things she and her mother had done to you. You have all the right to hate her. You just don`t want HyunSeung to feel the same way toward his mother, I am right?”

 

“…”

 

“JunHyung?”

 

“I don`t hate her,” finally JunHyung spoke. “I can`t. No matter what, she is HyunSeung`s mother. She was the one that gave birth to my son, “JunHyung throw YoSeop a sad smile. His eyes landed on the picture. “She gave her life so HyunSeung can be safely born into this world. I was forever grateful for that.”

 

“DuJun said that although your marriage was arranged for the sake of producing heir for both family, you actually want no child in your marriage, isn`t it?”

 

JunHyung casually chortled. “How much DuJun told you? Actually my so-called sad life is nothing compared DuJun`s.”

 

YoSeop became interested. Although he and DuJun had several times went out for a drink of dinner, there`s nothing much he knows about that man except for that he was an engineer, JunHyung`s best friend since middle school and currently single.

 

“I`ll tell you. But, promise not to tell him that I told you this.”

 

 

***

 

10.49 P.M

 

“I`m sorry,”

 

YoSeop failed to open his apartment`s door, when he finally noticed that he still key in the password.

 

“I`m sorry that I can`t accept your feeling for me.”

 

This time, he gave the wrong password.

 

YoSeop closed his eyes, tried his best to prevent something pathetic flow from it.

 

A groan escaped from him as he finally gave up and sat on tiled floor. His back facing his blue-colored door.

 

“I`m sorry that I can`t accept your feeling for me.”

 

“Maybe I am pathetic,” he said that out loud.

 

“No, you are not,” A voice triggered against his eardrums. He looked up, only to meet Yoon DuJun offering him a handkerchief. The man had a calming smile decorated his face as always.

 

By then, YoSeop finally realized he was actually crying.

 

“I-I,” YoSeop`s voice cracked.

 

“Shush, you don`t have to say anything,” DuJun wiped both the younger`s cheeks. He sat next to the young man. He knew this kind of situation will came when JunHyung told him about his decision this morning. “Just let it out.”

 

And for the next couple of minutes, DuJun`s shoulder being soaked with YoSeop`s tears.

 

 

+++

“Feel better now?” DuJun asked while checked his time. 11.35 P.M

 

YoSeop wiped his red nose. He tried to muster a smile to the man in front of him. ‘Let`s get something to drink, shall we?” He said, ignoring DuJun`s question.

 

No, he was not okay, but not in the hell, that he`s going to stay here this night. In a house next to the man that just broke his heart. No, he was not blamed JunHyung for this. He just felt like a total loser when finally he actually felt in love seriously with a person, and that person happened to be Yong JunHyung.

 

Just his luck.

 

“It`s almost midnight.” DuJun remarked. “Are you sure you okay?”

 

YoSeop gave DuJun his sweetest smile. “DuJun-shii, you are so kind.”

 

DuJun blushed at that comment. He coughed a little. “I just do what a friend should do.”

 

YoSeop throw his hand around DuJun`s wide shoulder. ‘Because of your friend, my eyes were all swollen and I surely can`t sleep tonight. Want to go with me find some peace?”

 

DuJun gave YoSeop a questionable look. “Find peace, huh?”

 

“Yes. Find peace.”

 

A DAY

THE END

 

A/N; Dear Junseung shipper, did I scared you? ^___^. Thanks a lot for read this!! Although some of you did not agree when I want to write Junseob, but I just wanna try to write one.