APPA WILL NEVER ALLOW YOU TO GET MARRIED [ONE_SHOT]

APPA WILL NEVER ALLOW YOU TO GET MARRIED [THE SERIES]

 

“Going home already?”

Junhyung tiredly looked at his colleague who currently leaning against his little office room`s door. He paused for a moments before continued packing his stuffs, shoving them in his black leather briefcase.

“Yeah, the whole things today drove me crazy. I need early bedtime tonight.”

Dujun chortled, known what Junhyung mean. They spend their morning drove all the way to Busan, checked the construction sites there, drove back, barely enjoyed their late lunch before entered the meeting room, discussed and argued with their (stupid) supplier until ended just 15 minutes ago.

“But hey,” Dujun began, peeked his watch, “it only 8 o'clock. Gikwang invited me just now, he want to introduce us to his new boyfriend.”

Junhyung furrowed his eye brows, already had his briefcase clinched on his right shoulder.

Dujun snapped his finger, “Dongwoon, Son Dongwoon. You know, the bartender we meet last week!”

Junhyung smiled, unimpressed. He patted Dujun`s back a little.

“Uh-uh, I pass. I left my baby with our neighbor this morning. I should be going now.”

“Ok, ok, you and your fatherhood`s possessiveness,” Dujun lifted both his hands, surrendered. Being friend with Junhyung for years, he knew Junhyung cannot let his precious child be with anyone else more than 12 hours. And now, it already 13 hours, right?

“Junnie, don’t forget to give him his Uncle Dujunie`s goodnight kisses,” Dujun teased Junhyung suddenly, made noisy smooching sounds.

Junhyung glared, “You wish!”

 

***

“Sorry to bother you.”Junhyung apologized as he took carefully his sleeping 4 years old son from the shorter, cute man. Namely his new neighbor.

“Nah, it`s alright. He such a good kid.”The neighbor pinched the little boy`s nose softly, do not want to wake him up.

“Ah, right, I didn`t had the chance to introduce myself this morning. I`m Yong Junhyung. And this is Yong Hyunseung, my only child.” Junhyung offered his right hand, while the other hand was firmly holding little Junhyung, patted him slightly.  His son began to snuggle into the crook of his neck, with his purple baby blanket as his pillow, his thumb peacefully.

“My name is Yang Yoseop. I already knew your name. He told me.” The man named Yoseop chuckled, pointed at Hyunseung who just about to slide off from his father`s collarbone.

Junhyung let out a small ‘eep’ before bent downed his right knee, tried to stabilize his poster, and brought the small head up to his original position.

“Can I lend you a help?” Yoseop asked. “You look…” He continued before swapped his sight over Junhyung, heavy-looking briefcase on his right shoulder, two large Happy Monkey Mini Mart plastic bags, both on his outstretchedright hand while the other hand holding a sleeping 4 years old boy together with his small blue toiletry bag…Oh yes, and soaked and wet and..

“…messy.”

Junhyung looked at his drenched shirt. It was raining when he came out from the mart and he did not brought his umbrella. Thank God he had his jacket dry, he used it to cover his left body, separated his son from his wet clothes.

“No, thanks, I can manage this.” Junhyung explained.

“Ok, but, tell me if you need any help. Let us me friend from now.” Yoseop went on before wiped off Junhyung`s face with his handkerchief. He smiled widely.

Junhyung muttered a small thank you before headed toward his own apartment. With difficulty, he unlocked the door and tossed his black-now-not-so-shiny shoes at the corner of the doorway. He tiptoed to the kitchen, dropped down the groceries he bought on the counter together with the suitcase.

Walking slowly into his bedroom, he continued rocked his precious another half since the boy started to whine a little, disturbed by the damp lightning. Hyunseung was sensitive to light and usually will woke up even by tiny flash. Expect for now. And the father was thankful for that.

Junhyung changed Hyunseung`s T-shirt and jeans into his son favorite stripped red pajama and laid his carefully on the king-sized bed. He covered half of Hyunseung`s body with blanket and just he about to bend down, planning on giving his child a goodnight kiss, he..

“ACHOO!!!”

…sneezed.

Remembered he been poured with heavy rain, Junhyung got his soaked body up to take a quick warm bath. He can`t afford to catch a cold at a time like this. Project, project and project all day long.

Only wore his three-quarter green pant and a black tank top, Junhyung climbed the bed, next to his dozed off Hyunseung. The young father brushed Hyunseung`s nose with his before planted a kiss on his son `s forehead and lips.

“Good night, my little angel.”

By then, the little angel smiled unconsciously.

 

 

***

 

Morning came, replaced the gloomy and stormy night before with shining and warm sunlight.

 The first thing that came into Junhyung`s sight when he opened his eyes was Hyunseung, just like every morning since the boy was born into the world. Not moved his head even an inch, he observed the sweet sleeping creature upon him. Junhyung caressed the boy`s puffy cheeks, admiring his son`s milky soft skin. His finger touched Hyunseung`s dark bangs, then went down to his small cute nose and finally landed on his red lips. Junhyung can`t help but to let out a small laugh when suddenly the tiny mouth opened, on his finger.

But, the laugh did not lasted long when Junhyung suddenly experienced a headache. He hissed when then discovered the pain traveled to his back, his legs, all over his body and suddenly he felt hot.

With heavy half-lidded eyes, he walked meekly into his bathroom, grabbed a thermometer and shoved it into his mouth. Observed his ragged, tired appearance in the mirror, he knew he caught a fever.

“39.4℃.”

Officially.

“Appa…”

A small voice came from the bathroom`s door. Hyunseung peeked into the room, watched curiously at his father with his baby blanket in his grip.  Junhyung turned at him, despite knew full well he looked like hell; he tried to muster a smile. His throat was on fire right now, making talking rather hard.

Hyunseung gasped a little, witnessed Junhyung`s red, watery eyes. “Appa, are you ok?” He asked, felt a bit distress.

“I-!”

 Junhyung was cut off by a horrible coughing fit. His throat was burning up a whole new fire as it protested against the air following through it. Hyunseung rushed to his side and hugged his leg.

“Appa, you`re sick!!”He cried.

“Yeah.” Junhyung managed once his fit subsided. He didn’t feel like talking because of the pain.

“Come.”

Hyunseung tugged on his hand. Not really sure what else to do, Junhyung followed his son’s tugging and found himself in the living room. The little boy led him over to their big orange couch, where Hyunseung then insisted he lay down on it.

“Oh that’s right; I always put him out on the couch when he’s sick….”Junhyung faintly recalled.

“Stay.”

Hyunseung assured his Appa before disappearing somewhere else in the apartment. Junhyung wanted to sit up and follow Hyunseung to make sure he was out of trouble, but he no longer had the strength. A few second after that, Hyunseung came back with the two white pillows from the bed and then tried to stick them under his Appa’s head. Somehow Junhyung found the strength to lift his head enough for Hyunseung to put the pillows under his head.

Hyunseung dashed off again and returned with the comforter from Junhyung’s bed. The little boy managed to get the large red satin blanket over his father before he ran out again. Soon Junhyung had Hyunseung’s ducky star-shaped cushion under his arm and a wet towel on his feverish forehead.

“Food, food….” Little Junhyung was muttering, paced back and fourth in the room, tried to figure out what to do next. He knew his Appa always made him porridge and milk mixed with honey, but Hyunseung didn’t know how to make those.

Junhyung, on the other hand, was almost asleep from exhaustion alone. He could barely keep his eyes open and he wasn’t too connected into the world.

“Uncle Dujunie!” Hyunseung cried, knew exactly what to do. He went back into his Appa’s room and started looking for his cell phone. Found it on the nightstand, Hyunseung rushed back into the living room, holding the phone in her hands.

“Appa! Call Uncle Dujunie!” Hyunseung told Junhyung firmly.

Somehow Junhyung managed to reach up, took the cell phone and got it all set to call Dujun. He handed it to his son, with a small smile. Hold it with both his hands, Hyunseung looked at the phone, satisfied then pressed the green button. When the phone made the familiar ringing Hyunseung grinned and put the phone to his ear.

Someone answered.

“Hello Uncle! Appa sick, sick!” Hyunseung explained as best as he could. His doe eyes grew wider as he spoke to Dujun.

Junhyung finally lost his fight to stay awake and passed out the sound of Hyunseung’s voices.

 

 

***

 

Junhyung came to some time later, his towel had been changed, and Hyunseung had cuddled up on his chest and was now napping on him, on his thumb. Dujun came into the room with a tray full of steaming porridge and tea.

“Pal, you are such a mess.”Dujun grinned at Junhyung mockingly. He put the tray on the coffee table, next to the sofa.

“Shut up.” Junhyung tried to get up, but a small moan escaped from his son made him laid back. Instead, he squeezed fondly the boy`s shoulder, distracted him from the sudden disturbance. Then, Junhyung eyed carefully the chicken porridge that Dujun brought.

“Is this edible?”

“What??!! What do you mean??!!” Dujun asked, a bit angry.

“I mean, since when you know how to cook?”

“I made it.”

“Yoseop? You`re here?” Junhyung turned his head weakly at the man that suddenly appeared from the kitchen.

“You should eat it. It was very good.”Dujun accused confidently.

Hey, who’s the patient here?

Junhyung shot his friend a not-so-deadly glare. He knew the mischievous grin on Dujun`s face. Dujun already adored his new neighbor.

Suddenly,

“Uhhh….” Little Hyunseung groaned softly. He opened his eyes, flashed his glimmering orbs to the three adults. Still on his father`s chest, Hyunseung looked up, eyes to eyes with Junhyung. A smile stretching Junhyung`s lips.

“Appa, you ok?”He asked with sleepy ayes.

Junhyung`s smile grew wider. He patted Hyunseung`s head lightly.

“Better. Thanks to you. Are you hungry?”

“Growl…..”

Yoseop and Dujun burst into laugh while Junhyung chuckled, looked at Hyunseung`s red face.

“We take it as a yes.”Yoseop went on before offered Hyunseung his hand. The boy took it, settled comfortably into Yoseop`s embrace.

“Let`s get you something to eat.”

Walked toward the kitchen, Yoseop combed his hand trough Hyunseung`s messy hairs while Hyunseung waved cutely to both of them.

“So cute…” Dujun quoted.

“Hyunseung?”

“Both.”

Junhyung looked at Dujun, while Dujun looked at him back. A few moments of silence hovered over them.

“I`ll go help him.” Said Dujun before dashed off to the kitchen, left Junhyung dumbfounded.

Heard a few giggles emitted from the kitchen, Junhyung decided to lay his back on the big couch, after took in his medicine. He rubbed his temple, the aches are still dominated him.

He let out a heavy sigh when his eyes landed on a picture. A portrait of a smiling young woman, with beautiful doe eyes and fair-looking milky skin.

Yeobo, our Hyunseungie had grown bigger day by day. He looked so much like you.

Junhyung tried to smile, suddenly felt a stab in his heart.

“Today, our little angel had taken care of me. He turned into a man today. You should be proud of him.” He said.

From the corner of his eyes, he could see Hyunseung at the counter, sat on the stool that happened to be too big for him. His tiny long legs hanged freely, rocked front and back with rhythm. Currently, he was dipping a chocolate cookie in a glass of milk, dished out by Yoseop.

Suddenly, jealously came over him, when Junhyung watched Dujun wiped off his precious son` dirty lips with his thumb.

But, luckily, the feeling rubbed out fast. Hyunseung turned to his father, grinned widely, showed his moist cookie. His beautiful deer-like eyes sparkled brightly combined with his perfect white teeth.

Yeobo, our Hyunseungie also grew handsomer day-after-day. Or should I say, prettier?

As the medicine began to show his effect, Junhyung slowly closed his heavy eye lids. Before Junhyung dozed off, he mumbled,

“Appa will never allow you to get married…..

Zzzzzzz…”

 

THE END…=_=