KIWOON : HYUNSEUNG, THE TROUBLEMAKER? [PART 1]

APPA WILL NEVER ALLOW YOU TO GET MARRIED [THE SERIES]

 

Gikwang remembered clearly the day when he first met Hyunseung. It was exactly after 2 years Gikwang had been working as a lawyer for CUBE Construction & Building.

 

It had been a rather desperate and cryptic-sounding phone call from Junhyung that took Gikwang to the far side of town. This apartment was new, Junhyung had apparently just moved in a few days before and had his hands rather full with something, probably that baby, Gikwang had guessed.

 

When Junhyung opened the door with a purple bundle in his arms, Gikwang realized he had guessed right. Junhyung looked like any new father did, lacking in the sleep, somewhat frantic, and really, really intent on keeping that gurgling bundle in his arms from screaming.

 

“A girl?” Gikwang asked, hoping that was the reason why the baby was too beautiful to be a boy.

 

“Just come in.” Junhyung ordered Gikwang tiredly as he turned around and walked himself and his baby into the living room.

 

Gikwang simply followed and observed that Junhyung had only managed to get a couch and several boxes at this point in the move. There was also a playpen set up in one corner of the living room. It was already full of soft-looking plush toys and pillows.

 

“Do you have her birth certificate?” Gikwang asked.

 

Junhyung pointed to the neat-looking pile of paperwork that had been set on the floor where a side table would eventually go next to the orange couch. Gikwang picked it up and looked through it. Junhyung`s wife’s death certificate, little Yong Hyunseung’s birth certificate, and a few other random legal bits concerning the death and birth.

 

Oh, a boy.

 

“…So you would like to see your wife’s will?” Gikwang asked as he reached into his briefcase and pulled out the document.

 

 Junhyung looked a little torn over some sort of internal decision, then took the papers from Gikwang and set them promptly on the couch.

 

“Hold him.” Junhyung ordered him with an expression that said ‘if my baby is hurt I’m going to murder you’.

 

Gikwang took the baby from his father then watched the man pick up the papers again and leave the living room quickly. Gikwang simply blinked and looked down at the young, young baby. His round, big, clear-looking eyes reminded Gikwang of the Bambi character from the old Disney animation. His cute nose, his little red pouty lips, his chubby fat cheeks, Gikwang`s eyes took in everything.

 

“Hyunseung-ah, you are so beautiful,”he praised unconsciously.

 

And then, the baby started to whine that eventually turned into a cry.

 

“Eh, eh, wait! Are you don`t like to being called beautiful?? I`m sorry, I`m sorry…” Gikwang panicked.

 

Knowing that if Hyunseung started screaming, Junhyung would murder him regardless of whether or not he actually did anything, Gikwang decided to try making a funny face. Hyunseung sounded a bit more distressed by this. Since that plan had backfired, Gikwang began to rock him, hoping that would calm him down. Hyunseung seemed to like the rocking well enough and stopped making distressed noises. His doe eyes were wandering around. Eventually his eyes settled on Gikwang’s shinny earrings. He made a happy noise and watched the earrings, completely content.

 

“So you are good with kids.” Junhyung commented from behind Gikwang, making the latter turn his head to look at the former.

 

Junhyung was standing in the doorway with the papers in one hand and two cups of coffee in the other. Hyunseung made another distressed sound and Gikwang quickly turned his attention back to the baby. Hyunseung’s face was all scrunched up and he looked to be in pain. Gikwang pulled him up and opened his mouth to say something when Hyunseung vomited. All over Gikwang and his Armani suit.

 

“Yuck.” Gikwang commented, thankful he had not gotten any vomit in his mouth.

 

 Junhyung set the cups and papers on the floor, then took Junhyung from Gikwang. He made another noise then vomited again, this time hitting Junhyung in the face. He only looked more tired. Hyunseung then started gurgling contently again.

 

“…Don’t move.” Junhyung told Gikwang and disappeared with Hyunseung into the back rooms of the apartment.

 

He returned momentarily with a towel on his head and three extra ones in his hand. They sat down and wiped off the vomit to the best of their abilities. Afterwards Junhyung offered Gikwang use of the shower and a change of clothes. Gikwang gladly accepted.

 

 

***

 

 

“No, I can`t accept this. Why should I?”Gikwang asked with unsatisfied tone.

 

His piercing gaze fixed at Junhyung, not happy at the probability that he maybe had to cancel his date today in order to babysit a stubborn 4 years old boy.

 

Junhyung bit his lips while looking around. Thanks God it was lunch time.

 

“Because …”

 

“JUNHYUNG!”

 

Both the lads looked at the source of the voice. A sophisticated-looking woman in a red short dress and a leather black blazer.  

 

“Don`t forger our date tonight. I`ll pick you up at 8.” The woman said, almost shouted before gave a seductive smile and a goodbye wave.

 

Silent.

 

“Miss Dambi asked you out??? Again???”Gikwang hissed.

 

Junhyung coughed a little.

 

“Now, you knew why I can`t avoid to have a date this time,” he explained, hoping to dismiss Gikwang`s stunned face.

 

Gikwang moaned.”I guess so. The last time you rejected her, isn`t she send you to Abu Dhabi for a week?”

 

Junhyung chuckled. “Thanks pal,”

 

“On one condition though,” Gikwang went on. His face was serious.

 

The young father knitted his eye brows,” What?”

 

“Help me find a good excuse so I can explain to Dongwoon why I had to cancel our date today.”

 

 

 

***

 

 

“You’re 10 minutes late.” Junhyung remarked, looking particularly unhappy with this. He was dressed in a simple pastel-colored shirt, a dark grey vest and a nice pant with same color. For a 25 years old single daddy, he looked no different with other hot bachelor, especially with his notable spiky black hair.

 

“Couldn’t find the visitor parking.”Gikwang confessed and Junhyung only nodded sympathetically.

 

“Here’s the deal,” Junhyung began as he led Gikwang into the living room, “dinner is at 7 pm, remind him to drink his carrot juice, at 8 pm there’s a this Big Bang Documentary show he likes to watch on TV and at 9:30 pm sharp he goes to bed. Make sure he brush and floss his teeth before sleep. Under no circumstances are you to give him sugar and be firm or he`ll walk all over you.”

 

Gikwang stared at Junhyung, those were insanely specific instructions. Surely taking care of a kid wasn’t that involved.

 

 

“Also, don’t be late with anything or he’ll get upset. Really upset.” Junhyung warned Gikwang. “Ensure to keep this place clean because he dislikes anything dirty. If you want to take him for a night walk, any place is okay except the Center Park. He hates pigeons very much."

 

“Okay, okay, I knew that already.” Gikwang nodded.

 

“Hyunseung-ah!” Junhyung called into the back of the apartment. “Appa leaving, do you want to say goodbye?”

 

The sound of rapidly pounding feet came down the hall and Gikwang got his look at Hyunseung in person. He was wearing a bright red shirt and some black shorts. His black shiny hair was nicely combed in a messy fashion and he was smiling brightly. Very.

 

“Appa!” Hyunseung called, running right into Junhyung’s open arms. “Be good with your boss, okay? But no touchy-touchy.”

 

 It took Gikwang a second to figure out that Hyunseung was lecturing his father. His face was super serious and his tone was monotone and fast, but he clearly meant what he said.

 

Junhyung smiled at his son kindly and squeezed the little boy`s hand. “I will, now you will be good for Uncle Kiki, okay?”

 

“Okay.” Hyunseung nodded. The boy kissed both his father`s cheeks, making Junhyung`s face stained with red color.

 

Standing up, Junhyung turned to Gikwang. “Well, I leave you to it. My cell on the fridge, don’t call me for something stupid.” And with that Junhyung grabbed his wallet on the kitchen counter and went out the door.

 

After Junhyung left Gikwang and Hyunseung turned and looked at each other.

 

“Hey.” Gikwang greeted Hyunseung with a small smile.

 

Slowly, Hyunseung’s face lit up as his doe big eyes looked Gikwang up and down. Little Junhyung bite his index finger, wanting to say something. In all honesty, Gikwang wasn’t sure what he thought of this.

 

“I,” Hyunseung began, his eyes sparkling, “want to eat ice cream!”

 

“Huh?”

 

 

***

 

After spent more than 15 minutes just to get an ice cream that satisfied Hyunseung`s desire, Gikwang decided that he liked the baby Hyunseung more. Not to mention, the boy almost stumbled to his feet several times, making his Uncle Kiki looked like an old bossy mum, screaming and squalling anxiously at the boy, worrying that maybe he will get a scratch or a cut.

 

“Now, hold my hand.” Gikwang went on, offering his right hand. His voice a bit loud, trying to compete with the level of noisiness at the big shopping complex. Saturday`s night surely are the most happening night in Seoul, even it is not at the clubs or pubs.

 

Hyunseung stared at the hand, eyeing the silver band on Gikwang`s ring finger before looked at the adult.

 

“What`s wrong?” Gikwang questioned.

 

“Do we need to?” Hyunseung was a little confused. “Appa and I never hold hands.”

 

Gikwang felt a bit surprise. “Really? Then, what he`ll do?”

 

Yong Hyunseung opened both his arms. Gikwang chortled. “Are you kidding me?”

 

A few moments later, Hyunseung made himself comfortable, clinging his arms tightly around Gikwang`s shoulder blade, while his bottom being supported by Gikwang`s muscled arm.

 

“Hyunseung-ah, you`re so light, like a girl,” Gikwang teased Hyunseung.

 

“Humph, Appa always said that too.” Hyunseung reacted.

 

“Ha, I remembered last year, you cried like a little girl when I mentioned that,”

 

Silent.

 

“Hyunseung, what`s the matter?” Gikwang puzzled by the sudden silence.

 

“Uncle Kiki, why that man staring at us?”

 

“Where?” Gikwang turned his head, only to meet a stunned tall blonde man.

 

“…..”

 

“Dong-Dongwoonie…,”

 

Gikwang saw his boyfriend eyeing the little boy on his arms before they eyes meet.

 

“Woonie, this-“

 

“What the meaning of this?” Dongwoon voice cracked. “You cancel our date just to have an outing with this boy??!!”

 

“No, Woonie-“

 

“Kiki, I knew you being trough many relationships before, but you never told me you had a child of your own!!”

 

“WHAT??”

 

 

End of Part 1, TBC~~~