08

Kill This Love

Its been a while but yay for double update! Please enjoy, comment and subscribe!

 

----------------------------08----------------------------

‘’I think changing her to a new environment was a good thing’’ Jieun took a sip of her coffee and Luhan nodded, ‘’I was thinking after this baby sitting thing we can expose her to something new, maybe a part-time job’’               ‘’Isn’t this a part-time job’’ Kris glared at Jieun who did the same, ‘’Staying inside is not the same, she needs a proper part-time job OUT of this apartment’’

‘’Looks like you’re still taking this threat lightly, even after your uncle is getting targeted’’        ‘’Like I said my client’s well-fare is my number one priority and isn’t that why EXO took the job of protecting him?’’ She looked away and Luhan sighed. ‘’God if it’s not Jenny, it’s you and Kris’’ he muttered and both glared at him.

‘’Letting Jenny go out and work is like an open invitation to the enemies-..’’            ‘’But not letting anyone know is your job isn’t it?’’ she fired back and Kris blinked a couple of times, completely taken a back. ‘’The more communication she goes through with different people around her, the more her frontal cortex gets stimulated and activates the memory that is being hidden. Exposing her to a baby sitting job was a good idea, though if these small things are working then we should aim for the bigger picture.’’ She looked at him and he sighed, looking away. In some way he knew it could help but the risk was too big, especially after they already took her once.

‘’Oh?’’ a voice interrupted their thoughts and they all turned to look at Jenny in a slightly messy get up, short shorts and a oversized hoodie on top. Her dark brown locks we’re slightly messy and her face was pale with dark circles under her eyes. ‘’Good morning sleeping beauty’’ Jieun grinned as she followed Jenny with her eyes who just groaned in return, lazily walking towards the kitchen.

‘’More like sleeping beast’’ Kris muttered and Jenny instantly shot him a glare. ‘’Buzz off’’ she murmured, getting milk out of the fridge before pouring it into the glass she picked up afterwards. ‘’Did I interrupt something?’’ she turned to look at the three who shook their heads quickly, ‘’Didn’t sleep well?’’ Luhan asked and Jenny nodded slightly, ‘’Minyoung slept during the day so obviously she’d stay up during the night’’ she muttered and Luhan nodded, feeling a tad bit guilty.

‘’By the way, that father why isn’t he taking care of the two like he should be?’’ she tilted her head to the side and Jieun looked away.

‘’He’s being targeted’’ Kris replied and she put her lips on a firm line, ‘’so why make me baby sit two kids while I’m being targeted myself?’’

‘’Stop asking so much will you’’ Kris retorted and she frowned, mocking his words slightly. ‘’Quit barking, the question was meant for the others’’ she replied and Luhan sighed, ‘’Just one day without bickering would be fine?’’ he slightly pleaded and both looked away and a silence soon followed.

‘’Well…’’ Jenny took a seat next to , facing Jieun now.‘’Jaehyun said there’s this thing going on in his school. He won first prize in an art class and it’ll be exhibited you know, something his father should be proud of’’ Jenny put her lips on a firm line while the three listened intently. ‘’The parents of the children will be attending, it’s like a small event-…’’

‘’Forget it’’ Kris interrupted and she frowned once again. ‘’We’re keeping an eye on Youngwon. It’s risky for him to go out especially to Jaehyun’s school. If they follow him and attack, there will be lots of hostages’’                                                      ‘’Don’t you care about how Jaehyun feels? Sure the father has to work so he can earn money but he’s been neglecting the children, Jaehyun might appear bright but he isn-…’’                ‘’Will you stop interfering with other their business?’’ Kris retorted and she looked at him intently as if daring him to repeat it.

‘’They are my business now, especially when I’m babysitting them under your request’’ she fired back and a silence soon was followed again. Jenny was frustrated, she didn’t mind the job but the fact that no one told her full details of the two children irked her. After Jaehyun told her his doubts, she started questioning the father.

She felt incredibly bad for Jaehyun, someone who always wanted the attention of his father but never got it, to the point where he questioned if his father really loved him or not, that he had easily dumped him with strangers.

‘’I’m just saying that-…’’ Jenny stopped mid-sentence as loud ringing of a phone echoed through the rooms and all turned to look at Jieun who hesitantly picked up her phone and when she widened her eyes they knew something was off.

--

‘’Why did you even leave your office?’’ Kris groaned as he looked at Youngwon who sighed in return. Chen and Xiumin we’re on duty of guarding Youngwon unknown to the fact that there was a secret back door that lead him back to the city.

‘’You’re acting fishy, what are you hiding?’’ he turned to look at him while Youngwon remained silent. ‘’This is the third time already, two times you tried to sneak out…’’ Luhan pointed out with Tao nodding, ‘’Are you meeting Hero?’’ Kris gave him an icy glare, the boundary of knowing him was clearly gone. The one that brought him up is someone who might be helping his enemy who made him loose it all, that cleared the remaining boundary Kris created for himself.

‘’No, I can tell you for sure I haven’t heard or spoken to Hero since the case’’ he muttered and Kris looked away, was it a lie?

‘’Seems like a lie’’ Lay muttered and Youngwon slightly smiled. ‘’You’ve grown into fine men’’ he whispered and a silence was followed.

‘’Kim Dongwan’’ Youngwon whispered, breaking the silence and all ears perked up. ‘’I was meeting him, my business partner for over eleven years’’                   ‘’Why did you have to go that far to keep it hidden?’’ Xiumin asked and he sighed. ‘’It’s pure business, the world of lawyers isn’t one you can talk about openly. The cases, whether good or bad, all the information the one fighting for it gets is purely kept a secret…’’

‘’So this case might not be related to Hero after all?’’ Luhan nudged Kris who shrugged in return, he couldn’t be wrong… Something was incredibly fishy he could feel it.

‘’You better not try something again..’’ Kris muttered, leaving the room with Chen, Lay and Luhan following.

‘’Spill it, you found something right?’’ Lay looked at him while Kris was in deep thoughts. ‘’Kim Dongwan, wasn’t he trying to join politics?’’ Kris asked and Chen nodded, ‘’He wants to step into the world of politics, but what does it have to do with this?’’ Chen asked completely puzzled while Kris slightly grinned.

‘’Look into Kim Dongwan, his complete history and the things related to Youngwon’’ Kris ordered sternly and Lay nodded, Kris his instincts we’re almost never wrong.

--

‘’Jaehyun!?’’ Jenny called out and panicked as soon as there was no response. ‘’Jaehyun!’’ she called out and sighed when there was no response again as she looked around everywhere till she saw the door slightly open and Jenny widened her eyes. Crap, did he run away? She ran her fingers through her hair completely in panic mode and hurriedly rushed to her room only to see Minyoung sleeping soundly.

‘’Where did Jaehyun go?’’ she whispered thinking of all the possibilities till it hit her.

‘’Don’t you miss going to school?’’ Jenny asked, looking at Jaehyun who stared into space. ‘’Jaehyun?’’ she slightly nudged him and he flinched, ‘’What?’’ he asked and Jenny slightly smiled, ruffling up his hair. ‘’Don’t you miss going to school?’’ She repeated and she could see him hesitate before he shook his head. A white lie.

‘’Did… you call your father?’’ Jenny hesitantly asked and the latter nodded, ‘’He has work so he can’t make it’’ he muttered and Jenny nodded, she couldn’t do much as much as she wanted to go instead with him she knew she couldn’t.

She groaned as she looked back and forth, she couldn’t risk leaving Minyoung alone yet she couldn’t risk Jaehyun getting in danger either. She sighed as she got out her phone.

--

‘’Kim Dongwan, fifty-one years old. Runs a business but his past has traces of criminal activities’’ Lay spoke in to the in-ear and Kris nodded. Luhan and Kris went back to Xiumin and Tao while both Chen and Lay went back to their hideout to find some new information they could use whilst keeping an eye on Youngwon.

‘’Youngwon helped him with a case four years ago, a case involving criminal activities’’ Chen spoke this time and Kris slightly peeked at Youngwon. ‘’The only connection I see Kim Dongwan actually targeting Youngwon’’ Lay put his lips on a firm line and Tao furrowed his eyebrows. ‘’Why would he do that, weren’t they partners for eleven years?’’

‘’Exactly’’ Kris blurted and the four turned to look at him. ‘’He wants to enter politics which you can’t enter without being clear’’ he smacked his lips, his brain working faster then normal. ‘’He wants to erase his past’’ he finished off and they widened their eyes.

‘’Youngwon has been his business partner for eleven years, which means he knows most of it aka the criminal activity case he cleared for him. To erase his past, he must be erased too…’’

‘’What!?’’ Chen blurted and the rest questioned him, ‘’What happened?’’ Kris asked and the next few words entering his ears didn’t please him one bit.

‘’Jenny called and said Jaehyun is missing, she left Minyoung with Jieun and is now gone to look for him…’’ Chen panicked while the rest widened their eyes.

‘’Three attempts, three shots… were missed… could it be that their last resort is… ‘’ Luhan furrowed his eyebrows, not liking this one bit.

‘’Jaehyun is the last option, he’s in danger’’ Kris finished turning to Youngwon who looked puzzled at the four and when was explained what happened, he couldn’t believe his ears.

‘’And the worst of all, Jenny’’

--

‘’Jaehyun!?’’ Jenny called out and frowned when there was no trace of him. The school was empty by now, a sign that the event had already finished. She felt bad for Jaehyun, she knew he came here in the hopes of his father being here too but she knew he was working, there was no way he would actually come and attend the event. She felt bad, guilt was eating her up maybe because she was responsible for Jaehyun.

‘’Jaehyun?’’ she cooed softly, her voice echoing through the school halls and the moment she turned right she sighed a sigh of relief as she spotted him looking at something intently.

‘’Jaehyun!’’ she hurriedly ran over to him and quickly inspected him, ‘’Ya! You brat how dare you go outside without telling?’’ she scolded him but the moment she saw his sad face she softened, wouldn’t she have done the same?

‘’Jaehyun’’ she called out softly getting his full attention as he looked up. ‘’Jaehyun, you got us all worried’’ she slightly his cheek while he put his lips on a firm line. ‘’D..daddy’’ he whispered and she nodded, ‘’Daddy will come though you need to be a good kid okay?’’ she patted his head and he nodded slightly, but the moment she heard gunshots both panicked.

‘’Game’s over’’ she heard a hearty evil laugh and she knew she had to do something quick. ‘’Crap’’ she muttered as she looked to her left, spotting two males similarly dressed as the guy she was kidnapped by. She mentally cursed, this was bad. She didn’t tell Chen where she was going, neither do any of them know she sneaked out how high was the chance of her being saved?

‘’Jaehyun, listen well I need you to run as fast as you can okay?’’

 

‘’Okay’’

 

‘’On the count of three?’’

 

‘’One..’’

 

‘’Two…’’

 

‘’Three… go!’’ she yelled and the moment it left her words they went for a speed run. ‘’You can run but you can never escape!’’ she heard faint yells and mentally snorted, they needed some new dialogues that’s for sure.

==

‘’Did you hear that?’’ Tao turned to look at Xiumin who nodded, ‘’Looks like it just began’’ Xiumin answered and Kris hurriedly got out of the car. He was pissed, completely pissed Jenny went solo with out telling him. Why was he pissed anyway? Was it because maybe if Hero took her right here he would’ve lost the chance to capture him or… was it something else? Something his mind denied but his heart didn’t?

‘’Split into two teams’’ He ordered and Luhan nodded. ‘’Youngwon goes with me and Tao, Luhan and Xiumin come in from the back side’’             ‘’Roger that’’ Xiumin nodded at Luhan and hurriedly rushed to the backside while the other three went from the front side. Kris cursed as more gunshots we’re heard, he could only hope for the two to be safe at the most.

‘’I go the other side, you continue going straight okay?’’ Kris ordered Tao who nodded. ‘’Protect Youngwon, all we need is Jenny and Jaehyun to be safe, got it?’’                 ‘’You bet’’ Tao hurriedly ducked down with Youngwon following while Kris went the other side, carefully looking around. He slightly grinned as soon as he spotted one of the males and figured they split however he wasn’t sure of how many actually we’re present.

‘’Kris?’’ he heard a voice and pressed on his earpiece, ‘’Did you hack in the security system?’’ Kris asked and the latter replied with a yes. ‘’There’s two of them, one is right in front of you where as the other is close to Xiumin and Luhan’’ Chen replied and Kris nodded, ‘’Where’s Jenny and Jaehyun?’’               ‘’They’re hidden in the room the guy is heading to, hurry up’’ Lay ordered and Kris slightly nodded as he clicked his gun out of his pocket and shot randomly catching the male off-guard.

‘’What the-..’’ he muttered, turning around and widened his eyes as he saw Kris grinning, ‘’You…’’ the male cursed, aiming his gun towards him but Kris hurriedly dodged the shots quickly running away from the spot to a random classroom. He sighed a sigh of relief when Lay told him he was following him so he grabbed a lighter and lightened it up on the metal doorknob.

‘’He’s close, hint him’’ Lay muttered and Kris mentally nodded, dropping the books near him. ‘’Found you~’’ the guy grinned as he was about to open the door but once his hand landed on the metal doorknob he cursed as loud as he could.

‘’Bingo’’ Kris grinned as he fired shots through out the door, only to hear him curse even more.

‘’Nice shots’’ Lay grinned and Kris smirked, best way to keep an enemy down without killing, shoot the legs with a distraction first.

--

‘’Leave us alone!’’ Jenny’s voice screeched through out the classrooms and she tried to fight of the male holding her neck tightly. ‘’Aren’t you a naughty one you should be tamed’’ The male grinned and she groaned, landing kicks on his legs. ‘’Let me go’’ she called out again, pissing the male off in process. ‘’You’re not the target, I can silence you easily’’ He clicked his gun but the moment he did he widened his eyes.

‘’Drop the gun or you die right here’’ he heard a husky voice near his ear and the end of a gun clicked on his flesh. ‘’Game’s over, you’re partner is down already’’ Kris pressed it harder on his temple and the latter panicked as he looked around slowly dropping the gun while getting on his knees.

‘’That’s a good boy’’ Kris mocked as he continued pressing the gun on the back of his head but the moment he looked up, he widened his eyes when he met Jenny’s eyes. She was freed from the guy’s grip and held Jaehyun tightly close to her but he knew that wasn’t what bugged her, it was something else. The frightened look she had on her face, he couldn’t read at all what was going through her mind.

‘’You guys safe!?’’ Luhan rushed inside with Tao and Xiumin following as they looked back and forth and the moment Jenny turned to look at them her head spun several times till she completely lost it.

‘’JENNY!?’’