07

Kill This Love

----------------------------07----------------------------

‘’I regret taking the job’’ Jenny muttered and Jieun let out a laugh, ‘’Oh come on these cuties aren’t that bad’’ she grinned and Jenny slowly nodded, ‘’they’re adorable but I know nothing about babies’’ she tilted her head to the side as she eyed the little baby now peacefully asleep.

‘’She kept me awake all night’’ Jenny turned to look at Jieun who apologetically smiled, ‘’I’m really sorry, just for a while?’’ she clasped her hands together and Jenny widened her eyes, ‘’what are you doing!?’’ she quickly shoved her hands back down and Jieun smiled. ‘’You’ve done a lot for me besides I wanted a job and babysitting isn’t that bad’’ Jenny gave her a smile and Jieun nodded.

‘’Thank you so much again’’Jieun looked at the time and widened her eyes, ‘’crap, I have to go my shift starts in fifteen minutes’’ she quickly got up, hurriedly putting her shoes on waving bye to Jenny who nodded. ’’I’ll teach you more later’’ she grinned as she closed the door and Jenny smiled.

‘’Now what to do…’’ she whispered as she looked around until a voice was heard interrupting her thoughts.

‘’Noona~’’ the little boy called out and Jenny looked at him curiously, ‘’what happened?’’ she asked as she eyed him while he fiddled around with his fingers, ‘’Did… Jieun noona go?’’ he whispered and Jenny nodded, slowly getting on her knees. ‘’She had to go but she’ll be back later’’ Jenny patted his head and he smiled as he looked at her with his big doe like eyes.

‘’Noona… do you want to… play?’’ he carefully asked and she grinned, ‘’Now what is it that little Jaehyun wants to play?’’ she ruffled up his hair and the biggest smile was plastered on his face.

--

‘’It’s been a while, how have you been doing?’’ Youngwon smiled at the four standing in front of him, ‘’Please make yourself feel at home’’ he gave another one of these warm smiles and Kris looked away, he hated the smiles he gave. Mainly because they we’re nowhere near reality, he could see right through them.

‘’We’re here about the case’’ Kris spoke and Youngwon froze slightly, ‘’I’ll just go straight to the point; you’re getting targeted by Hero’s people. You solved a case for him a while back which means you know things’’ Kris eyed him and Youngwon let out a slight sigh.

‘’Hero isn’t like that’’ he muttered while Kris slightly let out a mocking laugh, ‘’Our researches point to him, he probably doesn’t want whatever you know to get out, that’s how business works’’ Kris spat out, slightly getting annoyed while Luhan patted his shoulder.

‘’The two children you have are being protected by us, the least you could do in return is tell us about the case’’ Luhan spoke while the latter stayed silent for a while. The ticking of the clock was heard and it ticked the four off but they couldn’t do much, if the other party doesn’t agree force isn’t what they use especially if it’s someone dear to them.

‘’It was pure business, all he wanted me to do is solve a business case which was out in the open, other than the known facts the public knows too, I know nothing’’ Youngwon broke the silence as he eyed the four, ‘’Now If you don’t mind I still have some things to do’’ he muttered, disappearing to his room while the four let out defeated sighs.

--

‘’Where are they?’’ Tao muttered as he entered the apartment with Kris and Luhan. ‘’Did they go out?’’ Luhan asked looking around while Kris sighed pointing towards the kitchen after hearing some noise.

‘’Are they playing around?’’ Luhan grinned with Tao shrugging his shoulders.

Tap tap tap tap

Tap tap tap tap

Kris furrowed his eyebrows as he neared the kitchen. Laughs echoed through the kitchen and the noise was obviously because they we’re running around.

Tap tap tap tap

Tap tap tap tap

Tap tap tap tap

‘’YA!’’ he heard a yell and he flinched as soon as he stepped inside the kitchen and when he did he widened his eyes and soon a squeal was followed.

‘’What the hell happened!?’’ Luhan and Tao both came rushing inside the kitchen and when they saw what happened they both grinned.

A playful Jaehyun grinning while a distorted Jenny was on… top of an angry Kris.

And… fluffy white mess around them.

‘’Jenny Park you are in so much trouble’’ Kris grunted, completely pissed while Jenny scrunched up her nose, looking at Jaehyun. Kris took a deep breath, he was pissed that was for sure. Flour was scattered around the kitchen and on top of him, he was sure Jenny had a fistful of flour in both hands before she bumped into him.

‘’You brat’’ she called out, quickly getting up like nothing ever happened before chasing the little nine year old again while the two others let out a laugh, ‘’Ya! How dare you ignore me!?’’ Kris roared as he slowly got up, following the two with his eyes as they continued running in circles around him.

‘’You brat stop right there!’’ Jenny called out and Jaehyun let out a squeal, ‘’Noona has to catch me!’’ he called out with giggles following after while Jenny threw bits of flours on him from the back.

‘’You… two… damn…’’

‘’BRATS!’’ Kris yelled as he grabbed Jenny’s arm with his right hand and Jaehyun’s collar from the back with his left hand and when he thought all was fine…. A loud wailing baby was heard.

--

‘’Now you should apologize’’ Jenny glared at Kris who gaped at her, ‘’Me!? You are the one who should apologize, it took me a hour to get all the flour out of my clothes’’ Kris barked and Jenny groaned, ‘’Stop whining’’ she muttered, patting the little baby’s back. ‘’Because of your yelling Minyoung woke up, just when it took me hours to put her to sleep’’ she glared at him and he rolled his eyes, ‘’If you weren’t playing with flour and if you didn’t bump into me maybe I wouldn’t have yelled’’

‘’Hyung, are they married?’’ Jaehyun turned to look at Lay who arrived just after Kris yelled and furrowed his eyebrows while Luhan chuckled.

‘’What… makes you say that?’’ Lay turned to look at him and he grinned, ‘’Because mommy and daddy were the same’’ he giggled and Lay slightly widened his eyes, ‘’And after they fought they would make up-…’’             ‘’That’s enough brat’’ Lay quickly covered his mouth afraid the two might’ve heard but when he realized they didn’t he sighed a sigh of relief.

‘’Look at that Minyoungie, isn’t he a spoiled whiny kid, no wonder he’s still single’’ Jenny muttered ever so sweetly, patting the little baby her head while slowly getting up. ‘’This one deserves to die solo’’ she mocked, walking away to her room while Kris gaped at her, completely taken a back by Jenny.

‘’You- dammit’’ he groaned, getting up to his room while Luhan and Lay eyed each other.

‘’Well, wasn’t that amusing?’’ Luhan grinned with Lay nodding, ‘’Well you better not try something’’ he eyed him and Luhan raised his hands innocently, ‘’I wouldn’t even dare to’’ he grinned and Lay looked suspiciously at him before shrugging it off. ‘’Look at that, it took one month, from the scariest group ever to… this?’’ Tao shook his head while Lay slightly punched him.

‘’Brat we we’re always like this’’

--

Kris mentally sighed as he scanned the place. He finally found some leads on the person that sent him more spy pictures of him casually walking around which surprised him slightly but he knew better, he was sure after that day that Jun worked under someone and he was close to that someone.

‘’What’s your business here?’’ a husky voice interrupted his thoughts and Kris turned around, eyeing the male from head to toe. ‘’Hero’’ Kris simple replied and the male froze for a split second before letting out a mocking laugh.

‘’That’s weird, I didn’t tell a joke did I?’’ Kris glared at him and the smirk was instantly wiped off the man’s face and from the corner of his eye he could see a few more males gathering around him.

‘’Could you kindly tell him to screw off and stop with the jokes?’’ Kris threw the white envelope on the round table and the male snorted, ‘’Kinda hard since we don’t know anything about a guy called Hero’’ he grinned and Kris mentally sighed. ‘’Sure sure, tell someone who just joined the underground world, not someone that rules it’’ he spat and the male furrowed his eyebrows, slightly getting pissed.

‘’I’ll spare you, from my connections I know that whoever is behind this comes here, so spare me all that crap and just deliver the message okay?’’ he turned around, about to walk away until the male signalled the others and soon they all attacked Kris who smirked.

‘’Or this is another way’’ he grinned as he smoothly dodged all the attacks and in a few swift moves the six males we’re completely knocked out on the ground while the male that ordered him stood still.

‘’I warned you’’ Kris eyed him before walking out of the place leaving him flabbergasted there while the other male sat quietly in an un-noticed corner, watching intently.

‘’He’s…. quite strong’’ he muttered, turning around with the other male fixing his sunglasses.

 

‘’This is going to be fun.’’