06

Kill This Love

----------------------------06----------------------------

Luhan sighed as he stared at the door. Three days, three days passed after that incident and Jenny mostly locked herself up in her room. The injury she suffered was luckily not a big one as the bullet only scraped her skin but mentally was a different story. Being kidnapped and seeing someone shoot his brains out, now that wasn’t something you’d go through everyday.

‘’Is everything un-packed?’’ Jieun asked and  the few males scattered around nodded and Jieun sighed as she peeked over to the door. ‘’I wonder how she’s doing?’’ she muttered and both Luhan and Tao paused, remembering the events like it was just a hour ago. The mental breakdown she had wasn’t quite a wonderful sight for them and they knew Kris felt the same.

‘’Is everything done?’’ Kris took of his shoes, entering the huge living room with things scattered around while Luhan slightly nodded. ‘’We’ve unpacked everything except Je-…’’ he paused as he heard the door slide and widened his eyes when he saw Jenny emerge with a slight smile. ‘’Are you feeling better?’’ Jieun hurriedly asked and she slightly nodded, ‘’Mm’’ she muttered awkwardly standing in front of the door with her cardigan loosely hanging next to her arms.

‘’What... is all this?’’ she asked, scanning the area with the mess, ‘’We’re moving things here’’ Tao replied and she slightly nodded, her head tilted to the side. ‘’I didn’t know I had so much stuff?’’ she muttered, completely unsure and Kris sighed, ‘’We’re moving in with you in this new apartment’’ he took a couple of things in his hand before he scurried off to his room leaving a dumbfounded Jenny standing there.

‘’On the count of three?’’ Chen grinned, whispering in Lay’s ear who counted unconsciously and just like Chen thought-..

‘’WHAT!?’’ Jenny yelled throughout the whole apartment and the rest covered their ears completely flinching. ‘’Oh boy…’’ Jieun whispered looking at Jenny who fumed.

--

‘’Stop glaring’’

 

‘’Not until you leave’’

 

‘’I told you I wont’’ Kris sighed silently, his eyebrows twitching with every second passing by while she continued glaring at him. ‘’Can I just eat peacefully?’’ he groaned, putting away the fork he was holding.

‘’Do you realize what six males and one female is?’’ she eyed him and after a couple of moments a  slight grin took over his lips, ‘’More chance of you getting hit on?’’ he turned to look at her and she was completely taken a back with his answer and a slight gasp escaped her lips. She continued looking at him and when she saw a hint of playfulness in his eyes, she glared getting up and smacking him though the moment she did she started regretting it very bad.

‘’Owww’’ they both muttered rubbing the spots that hurt, in Jenny’s case her injured arm. ‘’Now look what you did’’ she cried out and he stared at the latter who crouched down in a span of two seconds. He eyed her as she slightly patted the injured area, she looked so small so fragile. He knew she lost a tad bit of weight in a short time he saw it clearly today when she wore a grey tinted tank top with a loose cardigan and short shorts.

‘’Hey’’ he called out and Jenny stayed silent, glued on her spot till he called out again and she slightly peeked up. ‘’One wish’’ he muttered and she furrowed her eyebrows, completely confused.

‘’One wish?’’ she repeated and he nodded. ‘’I’ll grant you one wish, anything you like I’ll give it to you’’ he quickly got up, putting his plate away and she slowly nodded, taking his words in. ‘’I can have one wish you’ll grant?’’ she asked and he nodded a tad bit annoyed, ‘’Like I said stop repeating it’’ he fired and her eyebrows knitted together with a frown plastered on her lips, ‘’Jerk’’ she muttered, slowly getting up.

‘’I want to have freedom’’ she looked to him and he paused, not sure how to take it. She wanted freedom yes, he was the one suggesting a wish he could grant and he silently cursed himself for even suggesting something like that. Obviously she’d pick freedom, something he couldn’t easily give, not after what happened.

‘’I want to have freedom’’ she muttered, looking down. ‘’I want to be a normal person who freely goes out, I want to have a job like any other person out there, I want to earn money…’’ she whispered, blurting out everything that came in to mind. A slight silence was followed with the rain ticking on the glass windows. Jenny was facing Kris his back who stood still, probably thinking about her wishes.

‘’I’ll… think about it’’ his soft mutters ringed in Jenny’s ear and she nodded, slightly disappointed, knowing Kris it was just words, just simple words. She sighed as she looked at the door he just closed. He was rooming with Luhan and Tao while the other room was occupied with Xiumin, Chen and Lay. The last room was completely for herself which she was glad about but the fact that she had to live with six males slightly frightened her, though maybe just maybe it wouldn’t be that bad

--

‘’What happened?’’ Tao yawned as he entered the secret hidden base of EXO. They we’re called in quite early in the morning and he didn’t like it especially when he went to bed so late. The fact that he had to pack and unpack was another thing, he was completely tired.

‘’It’s Jieun’’ Suho muttered and Tao nodded, everyone was present sitting around the huge round table. ‘’Her uncle is having trouble’’ he sighed while the rest nodded, they knew he always had a soft spot for her but he knew if he crossed the line he’d be putting her in danger.

‘’A great lawyer, though we know how their business goes’’ Lay spoke this time throwing a brand new grey tinted manila folder on the table. ‘’Being a lawyer for over fifteen years, he has had quite the amount of cases’’ Lay put his lips on a firm line while Kris furrowed his eyebrows. ‘’What does that have to do with us?’’ he leaned back in his seat and he knew Suho looked up with a glare but he couldn’t care less.

‘’That my friend would take all your interest if I told you’’ Lay grinned and Kris furrowed his eyebrows again, ‘’H…hero?’’ he whispered and Lay nodded. ‘’Jieun’s uncle Song Youngwon solved a case for Hero before’’                  ‘’What?’’ The rest muttered and Lay nodded,

‘’However it was pure business and seeing as he was attacked at his local home, he knows something’’ Lay turned to look at Suho who nodded. ‘’The uncle lives alone with two children after his wife died recently, Jieun takes care of them sometimes but her shifts have been busy these days so just for safety we need a baby sitter’’ Suho turned to look at Kris who widened his eyes, ‘’Since when do we handle with children!?’’ Tao turned to look at Suho who shot him an icy glare, ‘’Since today’’ he replied simply and Tao sunk in his seat.

‘’Would they even be safe with us?’’ Baekhyun asked and the latter nodded, ‘’It’s temporary, maybe a week or so’’                          ‘’And we have to meet his conditions’’ Lay chimed in and the few of them sighed. ‘’So his conditions are baby sitting his children?’’ Xiumin mused, thinking about every possibility of fun he’d have with the two kids.  ‘’He trusts us fully let’s not forget how he took care of us’’ Suho muttered, eye-ing Kris who sighed his eyes fixed on the table.

Suho was right, Youngwon did take care of him when he was completely lost. When there was no one left for Kris, Youngwon took him in along with Jieun who lost her parents at quite an early age. The rest however didn’t know much about her uncle, when they met Youngwon was already quite busy with his job so he was barely seen instead his girlfriend- now deceased wife did all the needed tasks.

‘’Well fine whatever, let’s get this over with…’’ Kris muttered, getting up. He had a bad feeling though he would do whatever to find Hero and not to forget, he’d do anything for the one that actually took him in when no one did.

--

‘’No…’’

 

‘’Open the door’’

 

‘’I’m not doing it’’

 

‘’Just, ugh just let me explain’’ Kris groaned and Jenny slightly peeked from the door, scrunching up her nose in process. A frustrated Kris with a baby in his arms, an annoyed Tao holding on to a bag of nappies, a smiling creepy Lay holding bags with probably food, A grinning Luhan holding a little boy’s hand and lastly she met two pair of excited faces, Chen and Xiumin.

‘’Fine’’ she muttered, opening the door fully and she heard relieved sighs as she watched the seven enter and followed suit. ‘’You know, I  didn’t know you we’re a father’’ Jenny smacked her lips as she looked at the taller male who glared in return while the rest held in their laughter. ‘’It’s not my kid’’ Kris replied, completely frustrated and she slowly nodded, completely not buying it.

‘’You are babysitting, Jenny Park’’                 ‘’I told you I’m not doing it’’ she replied and the latter sighed. ‘’Hey, are they dating?’’ The nine year old nudged Luhan who shook his head with a small chuckle. ‘’You have to’’                    ‘’Who says?’’               ‘’Didn’t you want to be normal? A job?’’ he asked and her ears perked up, ‘’Remember that wish I told you I’d grant? Well here you go. Your first baby sitting job’’ he proudly finished and her eyes sparkled while the rest looked confused.

‘’Wish? Grant? Job?’’ Lay tilted his head to the side completely confused. ‘’Fine, I’ll do it’’ she walked over to Kris, peeking at the little baby he was holding and smiled. ‘’Aren’t you the cutest’’ she cooed softly and for that split second Kris had to hold his breath, she was so close to him, so close that if she looked up something would happen, something

He quickly shrugged off the thoughts and handed her the little baby, ‘’What are you waiting for, take it’’ he muttered and she groaned, glaring at him with soft curses escaping her lips while the latter hurriedly went to his room.

‘’Did you see what I see?’’ Xiumin muttered and Tao nodded,

‘’He tricked Jenny’’                  ‘’No ’’ Chen replied in return smacking Tao’s head in process while Luhan softly smiled, something was definitely in the air.

 

 

 

 

Yay for another update, lol these days I'm somehow focused with this ohwell. A chapter with not much happening though I hope you enjoy and comment.

I realized I didn't actually wish you all in the previous chapter so for that, Happy Belated New Year <3