21.

Kill This Love

----------------------------21----------------------------

‘’She’s fine right now, although at the moment she’s sleeping’’ Jieun gave a small smile as she eyed the five who nodded faintly. Six hours ago she was rushed towards the hospital—luckily Jieun had a ongoing shift so she was able to take her in easily with her already existing medical file. Five hours ago she was back to her senses but she was utterly quiet.

Four hours ago Jenny was taken towards Jieun’s office where the rest was waiting patiently.

A small sigh escaped her lips as she opened the door towards Jieun’s office. She was mentally unstable—so many thoughts were running inside her head, it was surreal. She couldn’t put it all together, it was so sudden.

‘’Is it true that you called Hero’s name?’’

That familiar voice was cold, it pierced right through her ears as she eyed him intently, slightly biting her lip. ‘’You called out his birth name didn’t you? Kim Jaejoong?’’ Kris hurriedly ushered towards her, his hands firmly gripping her shoulders while slightly shaking her.

‘’Tell me god damn it, why aren’t you talking!? What was your relationship with him!?’’ He roared as he continued shaking her while she eyed him, her lips never moving while the rest hurriedly ran towards Kris, ‘’What the hell are you doing!?’’ Luhan let out a groan as he fiddled him off her while Jieun ushered towards them, standing right in between.

‘’I don’t know’’ Jenny whispered, a shaky breathe escaping her lips afterwards as the scenes of her romantic date flashed in her mind.

The white box, the chocolates, the roses, the wine glasses, the romantic dance, the sweet kiss.

‘’I really don’t know’’ she mumbled, slowly walking towards a chair before sitting on it, her eyes never meeting any of theirs anymore.

‘’How could you not know? For you to have called Hero’s name like that means you must have at least remembered that!?’’             ‘’I really don’t know!’’           ‘’Tell me the truth!!!’’ they both yelled, heavy breathings followed. This time Xiumin and Tao rushed towards Kris to drag him out of the room, while the rest stared helplessly at Jenny.

‘’I would appreciate it if you left the place now’’ Jieun whispered lowly while Kris let out a frustrated groan followed by a string of curses that escaped his lips just before he slammed the door hard, while Jieun eyed Jenny intently, she knew something was up—she just hoped it wasn’t what she thought it was.

 ‘’Thanks Jieun’’ Luhan patted her shoulder and she gave him a small smile, ‘’I need to finish a few things before you can take her home. Do you mind?’’ she pointed towards the door while he nodded, ‘’We’ll be right outside’’ he gave her one last nod before they left the room leaving Jenny and Jieun alone.

 ‘’So… what now?’’ Tao eyed the four, scratching the back of his head. ‘’She might have remembered everything, but if she did… what are we meant to do afterwards?’’

‘’What do you mean?’’ Xiumin furrowed his eyebrows while Tao let out a sigh, ‘’We took her in, took care of her, made sure she was out of danger till her memories we’re back—but we never thought of a plan afterwards. We just dump her? I mean if she knows about Hero’s whereabouts or not, it doesn’t really matter. He is probably long gone from that place’’

‘’Tao has a point’’ Lay mumbled with the rest nodding silently.

‘’We will decide on that later, why are we rushing things? We aren’t even sure if Jenny remembered everything’’ Luhan spoke this time leaving them all staring at nothing in particular silently.

Luhan let out a sigh as he leaned back on the wall, his eyes glued on the door. His mind rushed towards Kris and he mentally cursed as he sighed. Why was he repeating his mistake? His hands were balled into tight fists, he didn’t like where this was going. Just when he thought they had something, was he pushing her away again?

--

‘’It’s nice that you might have remembered things’’ Tao gave her a small smile while she nodded, ‘’Mhm’’ she muttered, putting the wine glasses away while he put the beer glasses away. They were currently back at the café after Jenny insisted she wanted to work again the day after her incident. Kris hadn’t come home and it killed her to stay a second longer in the apartment, she needed distraction.

‘’On the bright side, you can work normally again after all this right? Back to your normal life…’’ he mumbled while she sighed, unaware of the looks someone far from them gave. Jenny mentally groaned when she took note of his words. He was right, after all this she wouldn’t be near them. She wouldn’t be near Kris anymore—and it killed her inside.

‘’Yo, Jenny?’’ Tao waved his hand in front of her and she froze, eye-ing him questioningly before he gave her his trademark smirk, ‘’Sorry’’ she mumbled and he let out  a chuckle, ‘’It’s alright. Jieun is here though’’ he pointed towards the entrance and she slightly widened her eyes before a small smile took over her lips.

--

‘’You’re hurting inside… aren’t you?’’ Jieun spoke softly, her eyes never leaving Jenny while she just stared at the little children playing far in the distance. They we’re currently seated in a nearby park with an amazing view of a pond.

‘’When there’s something you don’t want to remember… it’ll also make you forget about the good memories you know?’’ Jieun spoke again, ‘’Are the memories you have with Hero the ones you don’t want to remember?’’ She carefully asked and after a long moment of silence, Jenny finally shook her head.

‘’Then… the beautiful memories?’’ she carefully asked and another silence followed.

‘’We we’re lovers’’ she whispered and Jieun slightly widened her eyes but hurriedly composed herself. In all honesty she was kind of expecting it but to actually hear that her theory was correct baffled her, she was actually lovers with him.

‘’No…’’ she whispered again before turning towards Jieun who furrowed her eyebrows, ‘’We we’re engaged’’ she whispered and Jieun could’ve sworn the colour drained from her face. She didn’t expect that one, not at all. Lovers that was alright but Hero was her fiancé?

‘’But… why are you hiding it from the others?’’ Jieun asked and Jenny slightly widened her eyes at the question. Didn’t Jieun know about Feilin? Didn’t she know about who murdered her? Weren’t they childhood friends?

When she noticed her long silence, she nodded carefully with a small smile. ‘’It’s okay, I’m grateful for what you told me-…’’                      ‘’Because Hero is the one that killed her.’’ She took a sharp breathe before she continued, ‘’He killed Luhan’s sister, Kris his girlfriend’’ she whispered while Jieun widened her eyes, a gasp escaping her lips.

She never knew.

They never told her.

It was then that Jenny realized the picture was bigger then they had originally painted for her.

‘’Kris hates him more then anything else’’ Jenny whispered, tears slowly cascading down her cheeks, ‘’And he’s my fiancé…’’ she let out a strangled sob, wiping the tears that managed to roll down quickly while Jieun stayed glued on her spot, not making the slightest move.

‘’And it hurts.. to know that… to remember that.’’

--

‘’Hero’s syndicate is on the move again’’ Suho threw a few grey tinted manila folders on the desk while a few let out a groan, ‘’Let me guess, he re-organized?’’ Kai mumbled while Suho nodded. ‘’Since the failure at his peak back in Incheon—where we found Park Bom,’’ He gave a pointy look towards Kris his direction who merely brushed it off before he continued, ‘’he re-organized again so his syndicate is flawless.’’

‘’Well to re-organize in such a short span of time is pretty amazing, but then again its expected from such a strong syndicate.’’ Sehun mumbled with the few nodding. ‘’He had betrayals within the group, it was pretty obvious he would make a move like this—he’s probably after the betrayers too’’

‘’wouldn’t anyone really?’’ Kyungsoo whispered as he flipped through the folders.

‘’Hero’s syndicate is on the move which means either now or never’’ Baekhyun joined in while Lay nodded, ‘’If we look through all the given evidences that lead towards Hero, I say his plan is at its peak’’ He continued tapping on his laptop while Suho looked at him curiously, ‘’Which means?’’

‘’We make a move now before it’s too late’’

‘’Now how are we supposed to do that with limited information? We have zero information about his transactions, how are we meant to make a move?’’ Suho let out a groan of frustration as he rubbed his temples, he hadn’t slept for days as he had been making trips in the underworld—but he had no luck. The small fry’s never knew about the big ones, it was a simple rule.

You aren’t worthy of any information about the higher ups till you prove wrong.

‘’How about going undercover?’’ A smirk plastered itself on Kris his face while the ten eyed him curiously. Luhan was taken a back by his sudden change, the past couple of days were spent with him mostly avoiding the apartment but it was pretty clear to the five of them that he was more or less avoiding Jenny—Suho and the other five luckily didn’t have any clue about the issues so for now it was a safe matter even though Luhan felt like Suho was starting to get on fast.

‘’Are you out of your mind?’’ Xiumin looked at him sternly while he let out a hearty laugh, ‘’What, scared?’’ he mocked while the latter pressed his lips on a firm line, clearly pissed with this new attitude Kris was showing.

 ‘’Weren’t we doing all that just weeks ago? When did we soften up so much?’’ he let out a mocking laugh as he ruffled up his blonde messy locks, ‘’Just weeks ago we were undercover in Hero’s syndicate, although the cover was blown up pretty easily’’ he eyed Baekhyun who just shrugged in return.

‘’We do it again, and we do it properly’’ he grinned as he lit up a cigarette with the rest listening intently while Kris let them in on his plan.

‘’We lay the bait they definitely will bite.’’

--

‘’What’s the latest?’’ Xero let out a sigh as he eyed his surroundings while he listened closely towards the other end.

‘’Seems like Hero’s men are on the move’’ the guy on the other line spoke and Xero nodded, ‘’What about Hero himself?’’         ‘’I still haven’t got-…’’             ‘’Look into it. We have to catch his tail—that woman has also remembered that she’s Hero’s girl. They might contact each other directly’’ he whispered while a sigh was heard on the other end,

‘’It’s only a matter of time before this place gets exposed, probably when Hero makes a move. Just keep your eyes out and report me every new single detail.’’

--

‘’Why do I feel like this is a bad idea?’’ Lay let out a groan as he eyed Kris who was practicing his shooting skills. ‘’That’s because it is a bad idea’’ Xiumin mumbled, scratching the back of his head.

‘’Oh come on I don’t think it’s such a bad idea? We’ve done it countless times, nothing we cant handle’’

‘’I think your forgetting that there’s more at stake compared to back then?’’ Lay eyed Tao warily while the latter shrugged, ‘’For starters, Kris isn’t the same as back then and neither are we’’ he whispered the last part more to himself then Tao, it was like he was trying to convince himself that everything changed.

The past couple of months were clearly a rollercoaster ride for all six of them. The feelings they were numb to soared right back up, all because of one person. The closed doors they had perfected around  them was easily torn all because of one person,

Jenny.

She got in so effortlessly, it was scaring him in a way but it was far too late to actually do anything.

They had accepted Jenny as one of their own, as someone they deeply started to cherish so at that moment when Tao had actually asked them what they would do if Jenny actually got her memories back—reality hit them hard.

And nothing or no one could change that reality, that strip of fate that was already sealed for them.

 

 

 

 

 

Yay for an update, I personally like this poster out of all the ones so far lol. Well happy reading!