(2)

Sunrise after the dawn

      After a worn out day of cooking food, brewing coffee and cleaning up the leftovers, Leo slowly lowered down the cafe blinds, ready to close the shop as midnight greeted them. He glanced over at Hakyeon, who was wiping the table with any little effort he had. The latter could feel the gaze burned on his skin, but he ignored it. He should not show any weakness, even to his beloved Leo. Wait , did I just said 'my beloved Leo' ....? 

Hakyeon's face reddened at the word 'his'. He shook his head. Yeah, just keep dreaming Cha Hakyeon. 

He went toward the coffee machine, placing an empty cup under it. Leo gave him one of his worried expression as Hakyeon began making coffee for himself.

" You're staying late again? "

" Yep, to watch over the store. You can sleep first " Hakyeon gave a flash of smile before setting the steaming coffee on a small table. Whenever Hakyeon demanded him to go to bed first, Leo always felt guilty. Why can't he watch over the store? Can't they take turns? He wanted nothing but the best for him ; getting a good 8 hours sleep was no less. He could clearly see the other exhausted and desperate self behind his fake cheerful smile. That is why, just for tonight, he will not let Hakyeon win the argument.

" Why don't you sleep? It's been almost a week since you've gotten enough rest. " Leo pulled a chair and sat comfortably.

" Huh? I'm the owner, of course I had to be the night watcher " Hakyeon replied, taking a sip from the hot drink carefully.

" Can I take your place, just for tonight ? " Leo asked hopefully. He observed as Hakyeon's face change from surprised to upset. Did he love staying up that much?

As if reading Leo's mind, the silver-haired guy continued immediately after.

" Thanks, but it's a hard to break habit..." Hakyeon laughed sadly. "....and my only precious space to breathe in.. " He muttered under his breath. How could I sleep when the person I love is right beside me ? 

A sigh escaped Leo's lip. He couldn't really caught the last few words, but he could easily understand what Hakyeon was trying to say. There's no choice then. The last option might be the only hope.

Hakyeon felt relieved when he saw Leo stood up. But much to his dismay, he was suddenly lifted off from the ground. The feeling of terror started to seep in and at the same time, he flushed when realization hit him. Leo had carried him in princess-style to their dimly lit shared bedroom. The eldest covered his face with both of his palms in embarassment, afraid of Leo noticing his obvious blush. He could feel his heart palpitating against his will and as he wished time was longer on his side, he was put down on a comfy and soft cushion that he believed was his mattress.

Although the other's warmth were comforting, experiencing it once were enough for him. Twice of it, and he will surely died from heart attack. 

Leo placed Hakyeon's head softly on the pillow and tucked him in before smirking successfully. Mission accomplished ! 

Hakyeon eyes went wide and he paused for a while. Did Leo just.... smirked ? Really 

Hakyeon suddenly giggled. It's been ages since he last smile sincerely because the stress that were taking a toll on him. Leo watched him as he felt grateful and relieved in choosing the best option he had.

He wanted for Hakyeon to smile. The smile that brightened up his days and the smile that he had always loved. Ever since the first day Hakyeon found him, he could never forget how he fall in love with that smile, over and over until it was perfectly engrave in his mind.

 Leo was about to turn off the table lamp but was abruptly halted by Hakyeon.

" No, leave the light on. I can't sleep without light " He pleaded. Leo nodded and leave the room before closing the door as quietly as he could.

That night, for the first time in a week, Hakyeon was able to get a peaceful sleep and Leo stayed awake to keep to his promise. 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N : Pft, I don't know what I just write  xD  N was carried bridal-style by Leo . Double pft. Blame my sudden 'oh-so-fluffy-I-don't-know-what-to-do' mind ( don't forget to hail the mighty Leo ) . And Omo~ So many suscribers for just one chapter  ^_^  Thank you very2 much for sincerely reading, liking, commenting and suscribing on my story :33  I love you all~!!!