(1)

Sunrise after the dawn

Should I confess to him? What if I got rejected? and what if he neglect and toss me aside ? 

Hakyeon sighed as he rested his chin on the counter. Because of a certain someone, he can barely sleep during the night and almost dozed off during the day. Because of the same person also, his face flushed and butterflies goes wild, just at the mere sight of him. If only these symptoms would go away, he thought. He wanted nothing but a simple, peaceful life. The exact reason why he bought the old rundown cafe in another town and made a new one.

But his seemingly peaceful life had turned upside down when he met the guy outside his cafe, with a pair of eyes that stares right through his soul and a menacing voice that shook his heart. What could he possibly do? His body immediately acted against his will, although knowing full well that he shouldn't let any strangers to invade his cafe and his life.

Hakyeon heard a soft voice called out to him. He snapped from his daydream and turned his head toward the speaker.

" Are you okay ? " 

" Oh, I'm okay Leo. Just feeling tired and all. " Hakyeon slowly released a subtle sigh. Leo furrowed his eyebrows, worry clearly etched on his face.

" Are you sure you aren't feeling sick ? " Leo scooted closer and placed his right palm on Hakyeon's forehead. The latter could feel his face heated up and his heart hammered against his rib cage. Afraid of Leo realizing his feelings, he shoved Leo's hand away and rested his head in the comfort of his own arms. 

" Yeah, I'm perfectly fine. Just.....don't worry about me...." The older mumbled as he slowly trailed off. Leo's facial features soften as he watched Hakyeon fall asleep within a fracture of seconds. Did he had trouble sleeping? Or did something happened that he doesn't want me to know?

He shook his head furiously. Hakyeon must be tired and sleep-deprived. That's all. Nothing more and nothing less. 

Leo carefully reached out his hand to ruffle Hakyeon's silver hair, but was immediately stopped when the door chime rang. He glanced over at the blonde-haired visitor and instantly retracted his hand.

" Oooh, Hakyeon's sleeping? " Ravi asked.

" Hmm " Leo nodded slowly before nudging Hakyeon to wake him up. Hakyeon didn't budge at all.

" It's ok. Let him be. Can I have a Latte please? " Ravi pulled a seat near to Hakyeon and pat his silver hair softly. As Leo made the Latte, he watched out of the corner of his eye with something bubbling inside his heart. He wasn't really sure what exactly is bubbling. Maybe because he felt indebted toward Hakyeon and he regretted he wasn't much of a help. Or maybe because his love for the latter was merely platonic.

His thoughts were halted when the scorching hot cup of Latte almost burnt his fingers. Leo carefully picked up the Latte and gently placed it on the table, stealing glances at Ravi and Hakyeon at the same time before going back to the kitchen to clean up for tomorrow. Ravi took a sip of his drink and smirked.

" For how long are you gonna stay like that ? "

Hakyeon stayed still and did not budged. Ravi deliberately poked Hakyeon's head and eventually Hakyeon lifted his head angrily.

" Ugh, you're so annoying " 

" Took you forever to wake up " Ravi rolled his eyes and mockingly emphasized the word 'wake up'.

" Well, what do you want ? It's weird to see you here today " Hakyeon released an exasperated sigh.

" Just wanted to help my friend who experiences love-sickness and need a love expert

" Love-sickness and love expert? I don't have it and don't need it  " 

" Ehhhhhh, Really...? I mean, look who's blushing right now......" Ravi chuckled amusedly.

" S-shut up ! This has nothing to do with you anyway ! " Hakyeon half-shouted and stuttered, embarrassed that his secret had been discovered.

Leo suddenly poked his head out of the kitchen, feeling worried because of the loud voice.

" Did something happened ? "

" Oh nothing Leo " Hakyeon replied while giving a small smile, face still flushed because of his little outburst. 

Ravi was about to open his mouth but was abruptly cut off by Hakyeon who glared at him with 'I-will-ing-kill-you-if-you-said-that' eyes. Ravi gulped and shut his mouth completely, afraid that Hakyeon might kill him in his sleep. Leo turned his head back to the kitchen and Hakyeon heaved a sigh of relief.

" Luckily..... and you ! Don't you dare say it ever again or I will chop and slice your throat to serve to my customers " The eldest hissed furiously. Ravi just shrugged.

" What if he never know about your feelings ? Will you stay still and be quiet about it ? " The blonde-haired guy whispered quietly. Hakyeon nodded twice.

" It's for the better, for me and for him "

 

 

 

 

------------

A/N : Neo couples, mah feelsss >////< Anyway, I just want to write this stuff since it's been lingering in my mind like forever and this might be a short chaptered fic. I wouldn't be able to guess how many chapters this story can hold before it's completed ( If I could finish it) . Love you all for reading, commenting and suscribing <3 <3 <3